Caged Poetry Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He saw a flicker of anger in his eyes before he smoothed out his expression. That was the reaction Doc was hoping for. Those little moments told him more about Fredric than any of their conversations.

"Your aggression will determine her fate and yours. You're on probation now. Any more cock-ups, and I'll retaliate. Understand?"

Fredric rolled his eyes and nodded.

"Good. I'm going to sit and write for a bit. You're free to roam the lab after you fix that damn cable. I put some new books and a fresh journal on the shelf for you. If you're really good, I'll draw the curtains over the windows and light some candles so you can write," Doc sighed before he left him alone to finish his lunch.

Doc was secretly thrilled with Fredric's behavior. Lily was his new source of control over him. His first bargaining chip was simply freedom. If Doc allowed him to roam the castle at night, Fredric promised to never confront or harm anyone in the house. Angry-Fredric was the personality that he had to bargain with, and he was often reasonable when he wanted something. Doc reminded him that the house didn't belong to him, so he had no right to threaten anyone in it, but he was allowed to defend the lab. No one but Doc, Lily, and Fredric was supposed to enter the lab, and the servants respected that order.

At first, Doc kept Fredric under close watch for many months and lost a lot of sleep over it. Then he simply chose to trust him. Sweet-Fredric had spoken to Doc a few times, and his kindness and honesty amazed him. That allowed him to put more trust in angry-Fredric's promises. Sweet-Fredric understood most of his personalities and could partially explain them. Angry-Fredric had a combination of traits. He was mean, impulsive, mischievous, vindictive, and violent. He sometimes tried to trick Doc into thinking he was speaking to his sweet personality, but his anger was too volatile to keep up the act for long. Angry-Fredric confessed to loving his freedom too much to purposely cause mischief with the servants. He had taken an early interest in Ruby, but Doc squashed that infatuation by threatening to return him to the freak show. Sweet-Fredric eventually worked up the courage to request someone beautiful to keep him company, and Doc happily agreed. That's why he brought Lily to the castle.

Doc decided to sit back and let his experiment thrive. He had expected more honesty from Lily, but he understood her reluctance to speak to him about matters of the heart. He figured he could easily intimidate an explanation out of her if he needed it. Doc could be cruel in his pursuit of knowledge. Ruby could easily set him straight when he slipped into moral depravity. She was his weakness and his extra conscience, and that was why he kept her and all the other servants away from Fredric.

Doctor Hansel didn't like to consider the ethics of his cognitive research on Fredric. He could excuse his guilt by claiming Fredric forfeited his life when he murdered his previous owner. After all, the city of Clairemont considered him a criminal worthy of execution. Doc saved him in that sense, and he was also attempting to save him from his insanity. At least, that's what he kept telling himself. Fredric was right about Doc's obsession. Fredric was an extremely complex puzzle that Doc was hellbent on solving. Angry-Fredric was keenly aware of his influence over his new master. He was often tempted to test it. Fredric's mind could be just as brilliant and manipulative as Doctor Hansel's, but his desires shifted with his personality, and that made the simplest goals unattainable. Fredric was forced to live his life in the present since he rarely knew who would be in control of his mind.

Being Doc's ward and his research obsession gave Fredric the stability he needed to somewhat enjoy his existence, and Lily was the emotional sustenance he had been craving. Lily's presence was a guilty pleasure and a constant bodily temptation for angry-Fredric, but for sweet-Fredric, she was a glowing beacon of love and beauty that helped his mental focus. Sweet-Fredric could sense her overwhelming allure with all of his personalities. She was building bridges across the chasms in his mind, slowly connecting the shattered pieces, and it was showing in his behavior. Doc was keenly aware of that development. He had been hoping it would happen. His overconfidence had made him drop his guard, and angry-Fredric jumped at the opportunity to cause mischief. Doc decided he would deprive Fredric of Lily's presence for a few days in retaliation. The poor girl also needed a break from the stress of being around him.

Chapter 9: Forgetting Sleep

Lily insisted on propping a chair against the bedroom door that night. Ruby happily obliged after Lily explained the likelihood of Fredric roaming the castle while everyone slept. Ruby even promised to skip her planned visit to Master Hansel's room that night. She didn't feel safe venturing out after what Lily told her. She planned to have a long conversation with the master the next morning before she and the other servants left for Clairemont.

Lily slept well that night. Divulging her many secrets to Ruby helped calm her anxiety. The chair against the door also helped. Ruby woke before dawn and lit her oil lamp. She roused and informed Lily that she was leaving the room to speak with the master. Lily saw her out and promptly re-locked the door with the chair.

Ruby hurried down the chilly halls of the castle to Doc Hansel's room and let herself in with her master key. She wasn't surprised to find him sitting at his desk under the window, writing by candlelight. He was still wearing the same white linen shirt and black breeches from the previous day. His four-post bed was still neatly arranged under its red satin comforter. The fire had burned low in the hearth and was barely keeping the room warm.

"Good morning, Ruby," he said without looking up as she locked the door behind her.

"Good morning, master. Did you sleep at all?" she asked, already knowing the answer. She set her lamp on the oak chest before she walked over and stood behind his chair.

"I must have forgotten," he chuckled as he dipped his quill.

Doc forgetting to sleep was a running joke between him and Ruby. He often forgot to sleep when he made new discoveries. He was in a good mood that morning. A stack of fresh research notes was sitting on the desk.

"Will I ever get to read those?" Ruby asked as she massaged his shoulders, provoking a soft groan out of him.

"If you keep that up, you might convince me to let you read them."

"I have more powerful means of persuasion. I can also make you sleep," she whispered before she kissed his earlobe. Then she pulled it between her lips for a nibble.

"Mmm, Ruby, stop making me horny. I need to finish this," he groaned.

"You also need to sleep," she chuckled as she ran her fingers through his black hair and smoothed it back off his forehead.

She tucked the gray-speckled locks behind his ears. She was already losing her desire to scold him as she admired her handsome master.

"I suspect Lily told you what happened yesterday," he sighed as he relaxed in his chair and enjoyed her touch.

"She did. I'm disappointed to learn you let that madman wander the castle at night, but I trust your judgment most of the time. I know you're not a fool, but you are a sucker for research. Is he a danger to any of us?"

"I'm eighty percent sure he wouldn't harm anyone on purpose. He would scare you for entertainment, but unless you're his enemy, he won't kill you."

"That's not comforting, Master Hansel. It means you're twenty percent sure he would rip someone's throat out," she scolded.

"Unprovoked, he wouldn't. I'm almost a hundred percent sure of that."

"What does that mean? Would he kill me if I confronted him and taunted him with a stick?" she demanded.

"Probably," he said with a nod.

"Good God," she grumbled and stalked over to the window. The eastern horizon was turning blue as dawn crept closer.

"Ruby, my love, I'm sure everything will be alright," he sighed as he stood and walked over to her. He gently massaged her shoulders as he leaned in and kissed her cheek. "Fredric is under strict orders to stay far away from you and all the other servants at night. He knows a fate worse than death awaits him if he crosses me."

"Lily doesn't know that you give him free rein. Fredric has led her to believe that you are unaware of his nightly wanderings. Why is that? Is that him being mischievous or you?" she demanded.

"When did he tell her that?"

"He used a poem to encourage her to visit him at night. She did, and he scared her, but he also intrigued her. It's sad how obsessed you two are with that lunatic," she sighed.

"How interesting. Lily is withholding dangerous information from me. She also disobeyed a direct order not to speak about Fredric to you. What do you think that means?" he asked with a smirk.

"She's obviously falling in love with him and trying to protect him. You should have seen her blubbering yesterday in the meadow. The poor girl is a wreck because of you two. You should be ashamed of yourselves," she scolded.

"I am ashamed of myself. I can't speak for Fredric, but I suspect he is too. They are reaching each others' hearts a little more every day. I don't want to interfere more than I need to. Their relationship is fascinating, and it gives Fredric more clarity. My theory is proving true. The right motivation can improve the lives of the insane. I'm not saying I've found a cure, but if someone as deeply damaged as Fredric can improve, then my research is worth it."

"I beg to differ. Lily may come out of this research more damaged than she went in if he decides to rip her throat out," she grumbled.

"I really don't think he would. He might give her a love bite to keep her on edge, but nothing lethal."

"Good God. That's what I thought. I have work to do and a friend to console," Ruby snapped as she pushed Doc away and turned to retrieve her lamp.

Doc grabbed her arm and pulled her back. She crashed into his chest as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I love it when you're angry," he said as he ran his fingers into her hair and smiled at her scowl. "Will you let me bury my cock in your warmth so I can get some sleep?" he whispered as he turned her head to the side and took her earlobe between his lips.

Ruby shuddered from his hot breath on her ear and his soft mouth on her skin. He was slowly gathering the fabric of her nightgown in his left hand, pulling it up off her legs.

"Why should I? You've been horrible to Lily. You don't deserve to feel my warmth."

"But you deserve to ride my cock. You've been a good servant, Ruby. Let your master pleasure you," he whispered as he slipped his hand between her legs.

She groaned as he slid his finger into her cunt and gently massaged her inner muscles. He watched the pleasure on her face as he worked more moisture out of her. She was dripping on his hand and squirming for more.

"Now you're being too easy. I'll have to punish you for that," he said as he quickly withdrew his finger and shoved her towards the bed.

She fell against it and gasped as he wrestled her face down against the satin comforter. Her body was aching with arousal as he pinned her arms behind her back and pulled his belt free of his pants. Ruby was chewing her lip and squirming as he wrapped the belt around her arms, securing them behind her back. She smiled when she felt him sliding her nightgown up off her thighs. Then he knelt behind her and lapped a hot tongue over her swollen cunt. Ruby gasped with pleasure as he did it again and again. Her pussy ached with tingles as he plunged his tongue inside her and explored more deeply.

"Oh God, master, that's so good," she groaned as she squirmed against her bonds.

She couldn't explain the intense arousal she felt when she was tied up at the mercy of her master. She loved feeling any part of him inside her. Whether it be fingers, tongue, or cock, she wanted all of him.

Doc groaned as he licked more sweetness out of her. Her taste and smell were addictive. He quickly freed his erection from his pants and stood to tease it inside her. Ruby moaned and squirmed when she felt his swollen tip push into her opening. He laid down on her and wrapped his right hand around her throat as he worked his left hand underneath her body to find her clit. Ruby shuddered as he swirled her clit and gently rocked his tip in and out of her opening. He applied gentle pressure to her throat until he felt her body twitching. Ruby was trembling as she curled her toes against the floor. Her master knew how to arouse her. Doc's tip thrusting just inside her opening was an exquisite tease. He was creating intense friction against her lips as he swirled her clit and squeezed her throat.

"Oh God, fuck me harder, master," she panted with her eyes rolling back.

"Are you enjoying my teasing?" he whispered with hot breath against her ear.

"Yes, I'm about to cum. I need you inside me, please," she begged.

"Of course, my love," he groaned as he shoved his cock deep inside her.

Ruby gasped from the rough penetration. It made her pussy ached on the edge of orgasm. She lost it when he began fucking her with feverish need. She cried out and cringed against the bed as Doc pounded inside her. The searing hot waves in her cunt were breathtaking. Doc felt her body grabbing at his shaft, and he couldn't take it anymore. He grunted as the shock of orgasm raced through his cock and groin. He groaned in ecstasy as he filled Ruby's pussy with more wet heat. He squeezed her throat and chewed his lip as the exhausting pleasure worked through his muscles. Then he relaxed against her soft body and smiled.

"Mmm, that was fun," Ruby chuckled as her body continued to twitch with tingly aftershocks.

"It was. I like morning sex," Doc said with a yawn as he kissed her neck.

"I do too. We should do this more often."

"Yes, we should definitely fuck more often."

"That's not what I meant, but we can," she chuckled. "Also, please untie me before you fall asleep."

"You don't want to nap with me?" he asked in disappointment.

"I have work to do and a friend to console. By the way, I plan to buy Lily a very expensive dress today."

Doc chuckled and kissed Ruby's cheek.

"Buy yourself one too," he said before he climbed off of her.

Doc freed Ruby from his belt so she could climb off the bed. She gave him a long kiss goodbye before she collected her lamp and headed back to her room.

Chapter 10: Shopping Trip

Morning light was peeking over the trees in the east as Monty brought the wagon around front to pick up his wife Mindy and the younger servants. Lily looked up at Master Hansel's castle and smiled. The old gray fortress appeared sleepy in the morning light. It dispelled any suspicions of the insanity that lived within. Everyone was cheerful and talkative as they set off down the road for the seaside village of Clairemont. Henry, the redheaded farm boy, was full of new stories about Old Tom that morning. Old Tom was the grumpy groundskeeper that lived in a little stone cottage down the hill from the castle. Henry swore on his late mother's grave that he saw Old Tom spit-roasting another cat after it dug up his tulips.

"Leave Old Tom alone, Henry," Mindy scolded. "If he likes cat meat, let him enjoy it. We have too many wild strays in the barn as it is."

Lily and Ruby chuckled at her comment. They were riding in the back of the open wagon with Henry.

"You see, even Mindy says it's true. I'm not spinning tales," Henry said with a hand over his heart. "The old man is going senile. He was raving to me this morning about seeing ghosts and dark shadows walking the property at night. I personally think all that cat meat is going to his head," he sighed as they drove out of a copse of trees.

Lily loved that part of their journey. The charming village of Clairemont came into full view from the top of the hill. The water in the bay was sapphire blue that morning. The briny air rushed up the hill to greet them as they began their descent into the village. The village rooftops were mostly terracotta red over dark gray and brown stones. The white bell tower of the church stood before the many swaying masts in the harbor. Beyond that, white, billowy sails dotted the busy shipping lane along the horizon. The bright red and white tent of the freak show was still decorating the wharf. Henry smiled when he saw it.

"Ah, Lady Medea, I've come to visit you again," he said a little dreamily.

Ruby burst out laughing at his goofy expression.

"Oh please, Henry, that gorgeous woman will eat you alive and leave your bones on the wharf for the seagulls to pick over."

"Hmm, was that comment supposed to deter me from seeing her? Because it kinda made me want to see her more," he sighed.

Lady Medea was the exotic fortune teller that pulled Lily into her show the last time they visited Clairemont. Her exhibit was at the heart of the red and white tent. She had made a strong impression on Henry with her luscious, bead-covered body.

Monty dropped the younger folks off in the town square before he drove off with Mindy to do their farm-related shopping. Henry's first destination was the freak show tent on the wharf. Ruby and Lily bid him farewell and promised to meet him at the wharf bakery for lunch. Then they ducked into one of the nicer dress shops on the square.

'Sea Breeze Frocks' was written in elegant white letters on the shop's misty gray door. The shop was decorated with vases of wildflowers among elegant displays of fancy dresses on stuffed mannequins. Lily adored the white and pale-blue silk dress on display in the front window. A lacy white and blue parasol was displayed beside it.

"Oh my goodness, I've never seen so much lace on a dress before," Lily said in amazement as she ran her fingers over the silk flowers on the bodice.

"Good morning, ladies! Welcome to Sea Breeze Frocks. My name is Doris, and I designed all these pretty dresses myself," announced a fair-haired middle-aged woman as she walked out of the dressing rooms in the back of the shop. She was wearing a blue frock covered in wavy green satin that looked like ocean waves around her hips. Lily's mouth dropped open when she saw it.

"Good morning, Doris. I'm Ruby, and this is my friend Lily. We're both looking for new dresses."

"Wonderful! You're welcome to try on anything in the store. I'm assisting another customer at the moment, so pick out what you like, and I'll be back to help with adjustments," she said with a friendly smile before she escaped back to the dressing rooms.

"Wow, I love her dress," Lily said with a smile. "Oh! I love that dress too," she chuckled as she hurried over to a formal red dress trimmed in pink satin.

"Pace yourself, Lily. We have all morning."

Henry was humming to himself as he strolled across the wharf towards the freak show tent. He was surprised to discover the entrance was closed. A note was posted on the podium next to it, so he stepped over to read it.

"Closed on Wednesdays? Who closes shop on Wednesdays?" he grumbled in disappointment.

Henry sighed and stared at the note. It had ruined his whole day. He didn't know when he would get another chance to come into Clairemont. The freak show would likely be gone by the time Mindy needed to do more shopping. He was about to wander back into the village when movement from the side of the tent caught his eye. A beautiful woman with long, auburn-colored hair stepped out of an auxiliary entrance. She was dressed in a simple green robe that hugged her body, revealing her sensual curves. She was gazing at the water as she enjoyed a cigarette at the end of a long golden holder. Henry suddenly recognized her. She was the mermaid from the big tank in the first exhibit. She reached out her slender arm and tapped ashes into the water, then she looked around and caught sight of Henry. She smiled when their eyes met.