All Comments on 'Caleb 64 - The Trouble with Lawyers'

by PastMaster

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AardieAardie9 months ago

What’s the appropriate response to having your house burnt down? He could return the favor or will the FBI want to get involved? Now where will they live and what happened to the neighborhood watch? Looking forward to the next chapter. Right after the renovations were done, too.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Once again, we need to have the next chapter yesterday. The perils of an effective tease.

You are putting together a wonderful saga here, and I personally must thank you for the time and effort you invest for all of us to enjoy.

Con6969Con69699 months ago

Such an interesting an well written story can't wait for more thanks for all the hard work

Fritz_WFritz_W9 months ago

Oh wow, now the situation gets hot. Literally.

Thank you for another exciting chapter. And thank you very much for sharing. Thank

1crazycoe1crazycoe9 months ago

once again just outstanding. loved it.

Fossil63Fossil639 months ago

Damn it man, you’re teasing us, lol.

3 pages only wets the whistle.

Awesome work mate

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Brilliant story as always. Can't wait to read what follows.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Wow. Just. Wow. It's on now..burn down an FBI agents house and power users house? Your so done...AND REMEMBER the newly formed " neighborhood watch" might have caught something.... here we go ....

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

And the selection is war, and war it is!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Cannot wait to read the reaction to having their house burnt down

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

LOVE IT

CoyoteHowardCoyoteHoward9 months ago

Oh shit.

Gracie and Dana...

Great chapter PM.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Haven't commented in a while, figured I might as well poke my head in to say I'm still here, still very interested in reading the next chapter :)

Fiery puns aside, this escalation of the stakes here definitely raises some questions. I worry for Mr. Pritchard, hell the other neighbors too. Poor bastard was just starting to recover from the unfortunate events that had pit him against Caleb and if my estimation of his lonely soul over this chapter's progression is correct... He was in a prime position to spot whoever set the fire, just as he reported the thugs. What may have prevented him from taking action? :(

Of course, this is to say nothing of Caleb's priority list here. It's comical how naive he still is in this regard, ready to abuse his powers with barely a moment's hesitation in order to confirm what he already had ample reason to suspect... Only to promptly turn around and throw the rest of the day on casually enjoying an evening party, as if he actually believed someone with no morals and too much money to spare was going to sit on their thumbs without making another move on the spot. And let him rest? Come on Caleb, you literally talked about this shit with your inner circle and still underestimated him, get your shit in gear. I feel bad that the family is gonna be inconvenienced by this, but I sure hope our friendly neighborhood Superman takes the right lesson here and doesn't waste any more time not actively thwarting the genuine threat in front of him.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

That has got to suck on so many levels. I can’t even imagine coming home and seeing everything I own going up in flames. The first thing everyone who is involved legally will immediately think arson either by you or someone you hired. Just what you need after watching everything turn to smoke and ash. This story is always giving me new things to think about. Another awesome job done. I ache to see what next.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another great chapter, another great cliffhanger! Please keep on adding more chapters!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story. I hope we see major retribution for the fire.

alanawebndataalanawebndata9 months ago

I am looking forward to how our superhero’s ethics will evolve when it is no longer a hypothetical discussion. And thank you PM for a continuing great read

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

MOACH, Mother Of All Cliff Hangers. I can’t believe you ended the chapter with the groups house on fire, that is border line evil, I think it might even be illegal in some states😀 Hopefully you won’t leave us hanging to long. Thanks again for entertaining us. KS

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

My earlier comment somehow has disappeared. The one that immediately preceded mine also disappeared.

As I said before, the story is fantastic. Your writing and story telling are as good as any professional and better than most.

I check multiple times each day hoping for a new chapter. I read this chapter within a couple hours of you posting it. Yet today is three days since I checked for a new chapter. Why? The cliff hangers. You aren't some hack TV reporter that needs cliff hangers to keep people from changing channels during the commercial. I follow your story because it is interesting; well thought out; and really good storytelling. The cliff hangers unnecessarily disrupt all of that.

The other comment that disappeared also praised your story and complained about the cliff hangers.

Tx_Emt53Tx_Emt539 months ago

I hope that I can leave another comment later because righ, now, even after my second reading of this story that I am so full of emothions! So Happy for Sarrah and Caleb and all of the girls and I have even read the next chapter, but Past Master's stories do that for me, I am a few days from being 70 and have an English Minor but even few of the "great" writers have moved me so much. I check two to three times daily for a new update! I hope the new job goes well.

Lolilol47Lolilol478 months ago

Thanks for the chapter :D

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPastMaster@PastMaster
Other locations you can find my work https://storiesonline.net/s/29762/caleb-by-pastmaster?ind=1 https://readonlymind.com/@Pastmaster/Caleb/ or on my patreon patreon.com/user?u=577867 KR PM

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Caleb Series Info