California Conference Connections

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sarah was already at our reserved table, we were the first there. I looked at my watch, 7:50.

"Morning Morris. Enjoy yourself last night?" She smiled brightly.

My eyes must have bugged out, since she laughed.

"It's alright, Morris. This whole conference has been a long slog. Or maybe snog? You reserve the right to enjoy yourself every once in awhile."

The normal analytically trained gyroscope that had guided my academic career, my whole life really, had been given a series of nudges that had sent it off kilter this weekend.

Sarah surely, being young and worldly, had picked up all the signs. Clare's clothing color choices, the symbolic earrings, the gleam of improbable attraction beyond my awareness. No doubt scoped out the whole business two football fields ahead of me.

"They'd asked me to stay too. I have to say I was tempted, Morris." She put a hand on my left forearm.

"But it would have been a bit awkward."

"More for you than me, but I thought it best all around to decline."

She was looking at me closely. I am sure my face flushed.

"Why Morris. Just look at you! Your face is beet red. I am forgetting my Galenic terminology, sanguine is it?"

I sat there like a sheep staring at a gate. It could have been three women and me in bed. Thoughts from a thousand directions collided in my brain.

Suddenly Sarah stood up.

"Helena! Good to see you. We'll have much to discuss for San Diego. I already cannot wait!"

I stumbled up, took Helena's hand and issued a confused good morning.

"Splendid conference Morris, you are to be congratulated. Like you said on Friday, intellectual circulation is the highest of virtues. May the conference capillaries always remain open..." I winced at this, since Harvey had never quite gotten to capillaries, only just managed to deduce that arterial blood turned into venous blood somehow. "And the life-blood of intellectual debate universally enriched!" At least she got that part right.

I managed to gather thoughts well enough to make it through the breakfast meeting and to the end. As I wound up my remarks just before handing the lectern over to Helena before lunch, I spied Rita and Clare over by the room exit. Clare gave me a look I shall not forget, and ran her tongue along first her upper lip and then lower. A quiver rippled through my whole body but I kept my words from wavering. By the time I sat down to hear Helena set the stage for the next conference, they were gone.