Call of the Wild - Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"There. Feeling better?" She kissed his ear softly as he stopped crying. "Did it help?"

Kal nodded his head slightly.

"Then I'll be here anytime you wake up. And I'll keep doing it until you stop feeling sad. Does that sound good?"

"Yeah. That sounds real good." He turned over, his eyes red.

Kaylie wiped his cheeks, placing a soft kiss there. "Anything you need Kal. I'll do it for you." She rubbed her nose against his. "I promise." She looked at him seriously. "But I need you to make me a promise too."

"Of course. Anything."

"You'll always tell me how you're feeling. Be honest with me. And do what I say."

"I'm pretty sure that was three things."

"Then just do what I say."

"Okay. I promise."

"Good. And I say, always be honest and tell me how you feel."

A smile crept across his face at her goofy grin. "Alright Kay. I promise."

She cuddled closer, nuzzling his chest as he pulled her toward him. "Now, we're going to cuddle for a while. After that, you're going to start doing some stuff around the house. You need to stay active. Also, you need to eat more."

###

Kal wiped the sweat from his brow, reviewing the extent of his painting. The upstairs had desperately needed a new coat, so he had spent the better part of the day working on it. Two hallways split from the landing, creating an "L" shape. His room was on the far side of the long hallways, past the living room, and his sisters' rooms were on the short end with their own bathroom. The master suite was immediately off the landing, but no one used it. It felt... wrong somehow. Like her spirit still lingered there.

Kal jumped when the door to Melissa's room swung open beside him.

"I can't believe you're standing there without a shirt on in the frigid hallway." Melissa glared at him from her room, bundled in layers. "You could have done literally anything else and not made us miserable."

And so, it began again. Kal sighed. "I'm sorry Mel. I thought everyone was out of the house. You didn't answer when I knocked, so I assumed you were at school."

"So, it's my fault. Hm? Is that what you're saying?"

He had to remind himself that he loved his sister. He mustered all the self-control he could. "No, I'm not saying that. Look, I'm almost done here, so I can close the window and just move down to the next area."

"Great, that way I can die of paint fumes. You've really thought this out."

"Mel!" The sharp bark made her flinch, but she continued to glare angrily at him. "For fuck's sake. I'm trying to work around you, but you aren't making it easy."

"Well, why don't you fucking leave again then!" She spat, slamming the door between them.

Kal growled in frustration. She always made it hard. He shook his head and knocked on her door.

"Mel? Listen, I'm sorry." Music began to blare, drowning out his voice. He called in again, but the music just got louder. He could only sigh in defeat, returning to his painting.

It took several more hours, and a nap, to finish painting and replace all the furniture. The hardest part had been the living room, but it looked infinitely better now. It had been a mint green color for as long as he could remember. Now it was a light shade of yellow, making the room seem brighter. He'd also been able to patch those random holes that had accumulated over the years.

Kal furrowed his brow, sniffing the air suddenly. The acrid scent of paint still lingered, but he caught a whiff of something odd. It smelled sweet, but not cloyingly so.

"It's so bright now," Kaylie oohed. Her hair was up in a ponytail, her tight gym clothes leaving little to the imagination. She was still sweating from her workout. "I can't remember a time when it wasn't that weird toothpaste color from the 60's."

"Do you smell that?" Kal sniffed around the room. "Like... honey."

Kaylie sniffed as well. She looked around the room, but nothing seemed out of place. Kal continued moving around, his chest inflating with every deep breath. She briefly wondered if he'd always been so muscular.

"No. But I do smell something else." She drew closer to him. "A big sweaty man who needs a shower."

Kal blinked, sniffing himself quickly. "It's not that bad."

Kaylie grinned, giving him a sweaty hug. "Well, I didn't say it was bad." She turned and headed back down the hall, a sweet scent following her as she left.

###

"Wait, so the doctor doesn't know anything?" Kaylie asked them at the table.

"Well, there were some translation issues." Kal wasn't really sure how to explain it. The doctor had been mostly flabbergasted by the odd English translations of the Finnish documents he had received.

"It was weird." Hana placed down the plates of spaghetti in front of them. "Apparently, they thought he'd been attacked by some wild animal, so they gave him rabies shots."

Kal popped a meatball into his mouth and spoke while chewing voraciously. "I checked, I don't have any scars or bite marks. Nothing that matches the reports. I think they sent over the wrong docs."

Hana shot him an admonishing glare. Kal swallowed quickly. "I don't know what animal they thought would have attacked me. On a mountain. In the middle of a blizzard. For days on end."

Kaylie was about to bite into her pasta when she stopped the fork in thought. "How long were you up there before anyone found you?"

He shrugged. "Couple days? I don't remember anything. The paperwork said weeks, but I don't see how that would have been possible."

Hana poked at her pasta. "Can we not talk about this. Please?"

The look Kaylie shot him said, 'we are so talking about this later', but she nodded and kept eating.

"Did they say anything about the symptoms? Him being tired all the time?"

Hana rolled two of her meatballs onto Kal's plate as he attacked another one. "For now, we need to wait for the new bloodwork to be completed. The doctor thinks his fatigue may be a lack of iron and protein, so he'll need to eat more meat and take extra supplements."

Kaylie pushed her plate closer to him so he could spear her meatballs. "Is that why we've abandoned the vegetarian ways? Not that I mind, I've been sneaking bacon at school anyway."

"Doctor's orders trump supporting Melissa's diet." She took a bite of the meatball, groaning a little. "Plus, I've needed this for a while now." She swatted Kal's probing hand. "That one's mine. Eat your noodles. You've barely touched them."

Kal grumbled but did as he was told. He did feel better after the meal. Better than he had in quite a while. "Mel not coming for dinner?"

Kaylie shrugged. "I called her, but she didn't come down."

Kal stood up, leaving most of his pasta on the plate. "I'll do it." Kal scooped up the extra plate and fork.

"Be nice. Marinara doesn't come out of carpets well."

"I'm always nice." Kal grabbed some extra napkins, just in case.

Kal paused at Melissa's door. He considered just leaving the plate for her, but he abandoned that thought quickly. That was a recipe for disaster. His hand hovered over her door, hesitating. He finally lowered it. "Mel?" He waited a moment. "Melissa?"

The fact that he didn't hear angry stomps was encouraging. Instead, there was a soft padding of feet. "What?" She didn't sound overly angry, so that was a good start.

"Hana made pasta. I thought you'd like some."

"I'm not hungry."

Neither moved, both waiting for the other.

"I missed you," Kal said. Somehow, it was easier with the door between them. "I miss you."

Silence.

"I know that I'm not your favorite right now. I'm sorry for disappearing."

Still no response, but she hadn't moved. Kal sank to the floor, his back against the wall, plate beside him.

"I thought about you. About all of us, together. It was scary, thinking I'd never see you again." He softly bumped his head against the wall. "It was the last thing I thought about, when I fell."

A quiet sniffle came from her.

"I want you to know, I'm here for you. I won't leave you again."

Melissa hugged her knees tightly, burying her face in them. Hot tears poured down her face. She stifled her sobs, but her heavy breaths carried through the door.

Kal waited for her. He waited until she stopped crying. He waited until she finally cracked open the door. She glanced through red and puffy eyes at him. She watched him for a moment, before dropping her gaze. He slid the plate closer.

Melissa reached a hesitant hand out, taking the plate. She cast one last look at him before quietly closing the door.

###

Kaylie watched with a grin as Natalie stuttered her way through a greeting to Kal. Natalie rushed upstairs to Melissa's room, casting glances back at him. "I think she's got a little crush going."

"Yeah?" Hana sipped her herbal tea at the kitchen table.

"Oh yeah. She's been here every day for a 'project' that never seems to get completed. She also casts googley eyes every time he's around." She watched Kal through the window as he went for his jog. He'd been doing a lot better in the last few days, rarely having to nap anymore. He looked a lot healthier too.

"It'd be good for Kal to go out. Inna's been out of his life for a while now, he should try dating again. Even if it's just casually."

Kaylie rolled her eyes. "Okay, mom. He'll make sure to get you grandchildren, too."

"Don't call me that." The tiny foot stamp didn't do much in the way of punctuating her puppy-like growl. "I will so ground your little butt."

Kaylie snorted at the threat. She did agree though. It would be good for Kal to get out there again and out of the house.

***

Natalie perched on the broad seat by the window in Melissa's room. She popped a jellybean into her mouth. The sweet taste of cotton candy coated her tongue as she chewed. Everything tasted better here. Anywhere else it was just bland, but here, it was so much better. And it was because of him. Somehow, he made it all taste better. She absently twirled her blonde hair around a finger, casting furtive glances out the window.

Melissa tapped her finger on her lap watching her friend pretend not to be waiting for Kal to come back. At first, she had been happy to have her over so often. But now it was becoming more and more obvious why.

Natalie's eyes tracked Kal as he came down the block. She sat up a little straighter and pulled her hair over her ear. She nibbled her lower lip as he stopped running in front of the house. Her heart skipped when he looked up and waved at her. She glanced down shyly and waved back.

"Oh. My. God!" Natalie flinched at Melissa's outburst. "What are you, fourteen? Just ask him out."

"But, um, is that okay? With you?" Natalie fidgeted as she glanced at the door.

"Does that really matter?"

"Yes. Of course." She said this while scooting closer to the edge of the seat.

Melissa glowered in frustration. "Just go. I'd rather you date him than that skank Inna. But you better take care of him."

Natalie nodded as she rushed to the door. She pulled it open and then, as if passing through some portal, walked slowly and confidently down the hallway. Her blonde hair bobbed as she walked, her hips swaying. She didn't have much going on back there, but she made it work. Melissa just rolled her eyes. She texted Trent about getting together later.

***

Kal wiped himself down, his heart still racing from the run. He had been able to run progressively longer and faster in the last few weeks. He was quite proud of himself. He opened the door to find Natalie coming down the stairs. Her leggings showed off her toned legs and her fitted shirt highlighted her modest curves. Her blue eyes sparkled, a light flush on her cheeks.

Natalie was trying to play it cool, but when the door opened the wind carried Kal's scent with it and she practically shivered in excitement. She had felt drawn to him in each of their recent meetings, but now it was overwhelming. Her nostrils flared and pupils dilated as she stepped closer.

"Hi, Kal. Did you have a good run?"

"Yeah. How are things with you?"

"Good. Good. Would... are you doing anything tonight? For dinner?"

"No, no plans. Would you... like to do something?" Kal smiled at her shy nod.

***

Kal had never seen anyone so thoroughly enjoy a meal in his entire life. She savored every bite of the crunchy salad with the vinaigrette, soaked up every bit of the pasta sauce with her bread, and her eyes practically rolled into the back of her head at the dessert. He'd never understood the draw of food porn, but he'd be lying if he said he wasn't getting a little hot and bothered.

He cleared his throat as Natalie licked the spoon clean. For a small woman, he wasn't sure where she put it all. "Seems like you enjoyed it."

Natalie snapped back to reality at the statement. "Sorry. Did you want some?" She looked down at the clean plate ruefully.

"No, that's fine," he laughed. "I didn't want to interrupt your food induced orgasm."

Natalie flushed and put her spoon down.

"I'm just teasing. I'm glad you liked it."

"Sorry, I guess I wasn't a very good conversationalist during the meal."

"Honestly, watching you eat was quite the experience. Kind of made me re-evaluate how I was tasting my own food." Kal paid the bill and stood up, holding up her jacket for her.

They headed out into the chilly evening. Natalie hesitantly reached for his hand. When he took it, she leaned happily against him. The bus stop wasn't far away and would take her back to the campus dorms. They didn't have to wait long before they saw the lights coming.

"I had a good time," Natalie said. "Maybe, we could do it again?"

"I'd like that."

He hugged her and she squeezed back tightly. As the lights of the bus drew near, her eyes flit to his lips. Her own opened slightly. She glanced up at his eyes again. He leaned down to kiss her, and she met his lips with her own.

The bus pulled up and opened the doors with a hiss. They broke apart and Natalie boarded. She gave a little wave as the bus pulled away.

###

Chapter 3

Ragged breaths filled the room. Their muscles were taut. Ready to bolt. Kaylie cast a nervous glance toward the kitchen door. She licked her lips, willing the pounding in her ears to die down so that she could hear him. She sank back against the cabinet. It bolstered her, keeping her upright and alert. They waited. He would come.

Her breath caught in her throat. A chill ran down her spine. There was a faint squeak of hinges behind her. A low menacing growl made her blood run cold. She opened her mouth to scream. But it never came out.

A heavy weight pressed against her, driving her to the ground. The air was knocked from her lungs. Sharp fingers dug into her sides. She managed a gasp. The fingers poked her more, each digit digging into her sensitive skin as she squealed.

Kaylie gasped between pearls of laughter, tossing Mr. Tumtum to Hana. Hana caught it and bolted. She cast one last snickering smile before running from the room. Her giggles and laughs faded into the house.

Kal held Kaylie down, pressing on her as she tried to wiggle away. He nipped her neck playfully as he continued tickling her. She squealed, kicking her legs, and trying to scramble away. He knew all her weak spots. Probing fingers found her armpits, the dimples on her hips, and the space between her ribs. She curled up in defense as she gasped for breath. Not an inch of her was unmolested.

Kal rose from his victim, satisfied that she had been punished thoroughly. He growled toward where Hana head fled. He stalked after his eldest sister. The giggling headed upstairs. He loped after her. The door to her room slammed shut. The lock clicked. The door shook as she pushed herself against it.

Kal stopped at the landing. He slowly approached, the old wood planks squeaking under his heavy shoes. He ran his fingernails along the walls. The scratching sound followed him down the hall. He stopped at the door, laying his hands flat against the surface. He brought his forehead down, so that his low growl could carry to her.

Hana clamped her hand over her mouth. A shiver ran down her spine. His head was just on the other side, and she could feel him breathing heavily through the door.

"Ha~na." The call was ominous over the rumbling of his voice. "You know what I want." The slow drawl of his voice made her squeak. "And I'm coming inside for you."

His fingers scratched the door as they wandered up to the frame. A metallic clink sounded as he retrieved the universal key. He dragged it down the wooden door. The deep scratching sound made her quake.

"Naughty girls," the handle clicked as the key went in. "Need to be punished."

Hana squealed loudly and grasped the doorknob tightly. She pressed down on the lock button. It fought against her as Kal pressed the key harder. The door unlatched with a sharp click. Hana shrieked as Kal pushed the door open against her weight.

Kal's face squeezed into the gap. "Ha~na. I'm coming~."

Hana bolted for the bed. She dove under the sheets, holding Mr. Tumtum close to her chest. The door swung open. Kal landed on her bed, catching a slender ankle. He dragged her back out. She clawed at the sheets, laughing as he pulled her leg hand over hand. She cried out in laughter as his fingers grasped her slim waist. He drove his fingers into the sides of her wiggling hips.

"AHHH! I give up! I give up! You can have Mr. Tumtum back!"

Hana threw the stuffed teddy bear across the room. Kal's eyes never left her giggling form. "Oh~, it's too late for that~."

She wailed in laughter as he mauled her. She squirmed away from his probing fingers as he tickled her relentlessly.

Kal emerged from her room several minutes later. Mr. Tumtum was held protectively under an arm. Hana lay completely disheveled on her bed, gasping for air.

This had become something of a tradition in the household, even though they were probably all too old for it anymore. Ms. Aberdeen had given them all stuffed animals when they had been adopted, Mr. Tumtum being his. He used to carry the teddy with him everywhere, and it would predictably become dirty and smelly being dragged around by a five-year-old. He never gave it up willingly, so the girls would need to sneak it from his room to clean it. Whenever he noticed it missing, he would chase them around to reclaim it.

Kal placed Mr. Tumtum back on his spot of honor on his bookshelf. It only ever left when it was kidnapped for its bi-annual wash.

Kaylie stumbled to the door, her hair a mess and still panting hard. He eyed her warily, moving himself between her and the bear. She instead hugged him, nuzzling his neck.

"It's good to have you back. This game wasn't nearly as fun without you here."

He squeezed her tight. "I'm glad to be back."

He nibbled her neck as she giggled. The taste of iron made him pull back.

"Oh shit, did I scratch you?" A little drop of blood rose on her neck. Kal grabbed a tissue and pressed it down. "I'm sorry, Kay."

She kissed his cheek at his worry. "It's okay. I barely felt it." She took the tissue from him, inspecting it. "Look, it's barely anything."

###

Kal glanced through the window at the little stuffed animal. The floppy ears covered one eye and the tongue playfully stuck out. It was the kind of thing Natalie would probably like, based on what Melissa had said. Well, what Melissa had exasperatedly told him during one of her better moods.

It was nice, being out again. Natalie was cute and funny. She also ate like an animal, but the way she enjoyed it brought a smile to his face. That smile slowly faded when he caught Inna's reflection in the window. She was on the other side of the street, arm in arm with her boyfriend, Ben. She laughed at something, leaning her head against his shoulder. They headed into the music café that Kal and Inna used to go to.