Callsign Amarok Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gastropoda
Gastropoda
122 Followers

"She's here because of you and the Pack you lead."

Zane, Aurora and Idril faltered in their composure from the sight of Fenrir embracing the human.

"Thank you Orion, that was... what I needed to hear." He received another pat on the back and both returned to their seats.

Orion grabbed his Five Seven magazine and inserted loose rounds back into it.

"My team and I will be your hounds of war. We will fight and bleed alongside your wolves." Laying a finger over the Mjolnir Pack location.

"Now tell me how the village is laid out."

Fenrir gave him a detailed account of the inner workings and Orion drew shapes and routes through the location.

Just as he was finishing up, 5 shots of thunder erupted from outside.

Aurora bolted up and growled.

The doors swished open and 2 betas ran in.

"The Mjolnir Pack is here!"

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 49 Disclosure

(30 minutes before shots fired)

"That's bullshit, why didn't you tell us?!" Dan expressed his frustration to Avery and Pac.

"There better be a good God damn reason why both of you kept it from us." Tim sat down and stabbed his bowie into wood.

"Because this is the reason!" Pac yelled which made Tim stand back up and Dan to slam the table.

"What was that?!" Dan marched towards Pac, nearing his personal space.

"This is exactly why Orion didn't want you two to know!" The pilot's less than ideal tone annoyed Dan, eliciting him to grab the blonde's rig and pull.

Avery caught their ensuing argument and stepped in, placing a hand on his brother's shoulder.

"C'mon, don't get him more pissed as much as he already is." Dan swung his head back to view his brother, still keeping a tight hold on Pac.

"What do you mean?"

"You think you're the only ones to hear about Shepherd's betrayal?" Pac grabbed both of Dan's arms and ripped them off of himself.

"Avery's the only one besides Orion to fully know about the incident in Africa." The blonde huffed in a fit of disappointment and walked over to sit down in a chair.

"I'm just as pissed as both of you but I don't make a show of it." Pac scratched his head and turned away from Dan.

"So you only know a bit about what Orion went through and nothing more?"

Pac put his feet up on the table.

"What do you think? If Avery tells you I'm pissed, that's probably the reason sherlock."

Dan switched to Avery.

"Then why did he tell you the whole thing?" Looking straight into his brother's eyes and glancing at everyone else.

"This is going to sound like complete BS to everyone but he wanted to keep you safe and unaware. Ignorance is bliss is what he said."

Dan waved hands around his head in angered confusion.

"W..what, how the fuck would keeping a secret like that away from us any good? The man who's basically responsible for killing Orion's whole damn detachment?" Frustrated, Dan paced around the room.

"That motherfucker helped us on missions and we even had beers in his house!"

Avery grabbed his brother's shoulder.

"I know, but if he grew suspicious of us then we would have been disbanded. Worst case; killed." Pointing towards Pac.

"He hadn't liked our pilot and was wary around Pac because Orion gave our blonde here a heads up on his fuck-up."

He pulled out the medal to show everyone.

"Shepherd liked everyone else including Orion. The Admiral had respect for him, to survive and pull through. Hell, our Asian gave him commendations and other praises after his ordeal."

"If all of us knew and we alienated him then we would've ended up on his shit list!" Avery threw the star onto the ground.

Dan was surprised at his brother's outburst.

"Hey woah, woah, woah, that's Orion's medal! The MOH, stuff like that are awarded for badassery." Dan picked up the star and tried wiping away scrapes, noticing a strange red stain on the brass.

"That's blood, his blood. You wanna know what he sees in that thing?"

Dan was actually scared to know the answer.

"Pain, suffering and the death of every one of his friends in that unit." Avery turned to Tim.

"You heard him, didn't you?" He asked as the gunner sat back down, pulling his bowie out by the knuckle handle.

"Yeah, every little detail on why we should've shot that piece of shit." Tim played with the blade and returned it to its sheath.

Dan placed the haunting piece of metal on the table and backed away.

"What I don't get, is how?" Everyone looked at the gunner.

"I don't know, you'll have to ask him." Avery advised.

Pac and Dan shared a look and back at Tim.

"How what?" Dan asked.

Tim clenched his fist on the table.

"How has he stomached being around that scumbag for so long and not want to strangle him? He, of all people, should've been the most pissed out of all of us." Again, everyone peeked at one another, contemplating the gunner's words.

"Orion mentioned talking to Mac about Africa but I doubt he mentioned anything about Gold Eagle." Pac commented.

"Maybe he talked to Admiral Jacobs about it." The men around the room all shook their heads and found slight amusement in Orion's morale compass.

"He's a tough one, I'll give him that." The pilot added.

"Hah, more like bat shit crazy with a lick of a wolf in his mind." Avery sighed and scratched his forehead, while noticing Tim and Dan smile a little.

"We'll ask after we get ourselves situated wherever the hell we end up." Rubbing the top of his head, Dan peeked at Tim.

"Don't look at me, Amarok snipped that dude's balls off. I'll keep mine, thanks."

Avery and Pac choked up from their teammate's phrasing.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 50 Don't Bite The Hand That Can Feed Hot Lead

"I'm gonna get some fresh air, anyone wanna come with?" Dan asked after the heated discussion.

Pac got up and moved to the door.

Avery sat down in Pac's chair and fiddled with his watch. Tim had also begun to check his own sniper rifle.

Dan walked outside and closed the door behind him. He found Pac standing next to the entryway and placed himself beside the pilot.

"Sorry for grabbing you and spitting all over your face, no excuse."

Pac leaned against the cabin and closed his eyes.

"I blame Shepherd, not you. But I blame your dick sometimes, you always think with it."

Dan shrugged at his remark and copied Pac's movement.

"Sorry, I'll try to get a hold of it." Pac and Dan laughed.

"Or else Orion might snip it off." The blonde motioned his hands into scissors and snipped.

Dan shuddered, remembering the Phantom's treatment towards Sköll.

"Don't remind me." They smiled until noticing a brown wolf approaching them.

"One of the villagers?" Dan crouched down and stretched out an open hand for the animal to sniff.

It licked its lips and bolted, looking to kill.

"OHH FU-" The human had a split second to hold the wolf by its neck, denying it a killing bite.

Another wolf zoomed out from the treeline, aiming for Pac.

The pilot retrieved his pistol and shot the approaching wolf three times, dropping it in its tracks.

"Little...help...down here!"

Pac grabbed the large wolf by the scruff of the neck and pulled it off of Dan.

Putting the barrel end to its head and firing twice, destroying the brain.

"Get inside!" Pac helped Dan up and both of them re-entered their temporary housing.

Dan grabbed an empty cabinet, barricading the doorway they came in from.

"Hey! We got company!" He yelled.

Pac went into his room and retrieved his weapons.

"Got it!" Avery yelled and took a position next to Dan.

Tim left his sniper on the table and ran to retrieve his SAW.

"How dependable is this position?!" Pac inquired.

"With the four of us, Fort fucking Knox." Avery answered as he chamber checked his shotgun.

"What about 2?!" Dan asked.

"What?!" Everyone yelled in unison.

"Some of us should go support Orion or he'll get swarmed! Not to mention blue on blue with how they all look the fucking same!" Dan kept his eyes towards the forest, scanning for any movement.

"Dan, Tim, stay here and defend this place!" Avery re-equipped his bullpup rifle and slapped Pac on the shoulder.

"Out the front, with me!" Avery and Pac shot out of the cabin and heard Dan yell from behind them.

"Tell the rest to stay away! Tim watch that fucking door!"

-Present Time-

Pac and Avery managed to reach the middle of the village encountering little resistance, neutralizing 4 wolves along the way.

Chaos erupted from everywhere.

The pair couldn't identify who were friendlies and who weren't. They focused on regrouping with Orion's last known location.

"Help!! My pup!!!"

Avery turned to see a wolf dragging a young girl across the ground and aimed to shoot.

Two shots rang out from behind him and he glimpsed back at his fully kitted team lead, his girlfriend, 2 elves and a bunch of angry wolves.

They had formed a formation and moved towards them.

"Mama!" The child yelled out.

The mother ran up and swooped her up in her arms, hopping over quickly.

"Thank you Saviour!" She ran inside the Alpha's home and was flanked by Aspen warriors forming a defensive line.

"Gimme a sitrep!" Orion yelled.

"We've got hostiles coming in from all sides! Dan and Tim are guarding the cabin and we came here to support!" Avery informed.

"Everyone looks the goddamn same! We won't be able to do much!" Pac added as he aimed at multiple canines running around or mauling another.

Orion faced Fenrir and saw a face of determination and anger.

"Fenrir, is there any way to communicate to your packmates all at once?!"

The Alpha nodded.

"Tell everyone to change into human form and order them to seek shelter in your house!" Orion kept his weapon up and scanned the chaotic village.

"But that will put every lupine here in danger! They won't have capabilities to protect themselves!" Idril yelled.

"We're already in danger of being overrun, trust me!" Orion switched out his 30 round magazine to a 60 and flicked his ACR fire mode to full auto.

Not a moment too late wolves began morphing back into naked humans and they all ran towards the viking-like structure.

"Switch to full auto and go to town!" Orion fired first, putting 5 wolves down, covering the Aspen villagers.

"Just what I wanted to hear!" Avery yelled and fired his Tavor.

Pac signaled everyone to get inside the structure.

"The less variables we have, the better chance of us not hitting you, MOVE!" Pac opened up on 3 wolves rushing the Pack House.

Everyone was reluctant to abandon the human soldiers, some becoming shell shocked by loud thunderous roars of their weapons.

=Listen to their words and fortify our lines.= Fenrir announced over the pack bond. The elves and lupines moved inside the house, ready to strike at any wolf who came close.

Aurora paid close attention to her mate, ready to jump in and help if his group found themselves endangered.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 51 Raid

Gunfire raged through the once peaceful village and wolves dropped like flies. Once Orion gave the order to shoot anything resembling an animal, it made their engagement a lot less complicated.

Aspen Pack warriors had collected spears from their Alpha and formed a perimeter at the entrance of the structure.

After a while of civilians running to the village safe zone, only wolves approached the 3 man firing squad. Each of them covered each other when they needed to reload and a cover of spent casings scattered all around them. Magazines began to pile up on the ground.

Their weapons dropped offending animals who were bounding close.

A messy haired girl ran out from around a cabin, chased by 4 hostiles. Orion zipped on her attackers and held down the trigger. Unfortunately a fifth wolf came barreling from the left and scratched her shoulder. The girl fell into the direct line of fire and a bullet entered her leg.

"11 o'clock, keep up the fire!" Orion cursed and covered the injured body.

Pac switched on his team leader's comment and added more 45 hails to 3 staggering subjects.

"Go, we'll cover!" Avery finished killing 4 wolves and angled to cover the injured girl.

The Phantom judged the surrounding area and deemed it adequate enough to maintain fire superiority; if only he was out of the fight. He scanned and pushed forward attacking more furry entities entering his peripherals.

Taking a stance over the woman, he studied her injuries quickly to assess the damage done.

"Mmggh...arr!" Sera moaned in agony, her lower body was shot.

Orion slung his weapon and pulled out his pistol. He grabbed her lithe frame and carried her towards the Alpha's house.

Avery and Pac suppressed wolves while their team leader busied himself for a bit.

Idril appeared and approached the human to help take the girl. Setting her down gently.

"Are you a doctor?" He asked hastily and Idril shook her head. From that answer Orion cut in front of her and took a knee, examining Sera's wounds.

He pulled a long and thin forcep from his IFAK and felt around inside, next pulling small bits of metal out of the female lupine.

Later he pulled a gauze wrap and moved to stuff the wounds. Before he could dress the injuries, a hand grasped his shoulder.

"That won't be necessary."

Idril took a knee and opened her palms, hovering it over the injured lady's leg. Green and white light flowed from her hand and into the injuries.

It was pure miracle, divine intervention in how quick the severe injuries closed.

"How?"

Idril and Mythril approached Orion and offered their weapons to him.

"We would like to offer assistance in the fight." Orion inspected the crude, medieval-like weapons.

He was curious how they would use them but thought differently of the situation.

"You're the last line of defense if I fall. Make sure everyone here gets out alive." Waving them back, a pair of hands were placed on his shoulder.

Aurora looked into him with pained eyes.

"Be careful."

He squeezed her hand and ran back into his old position.

"Jeez, what took you so long?!" Avery and Pac stopped firing, taking a brief reprieve of trickling wolves and reloaded.

"Focus up! More incoming!" Not a moment too soon, more hostile lupines appeared, snarling and growling.

Just as Orion, Pac and Avery were about to fire. 2 blades zipped past them and swayed in the air with elegant slices.

The humans glanced back at 2 elves fastly approaching their 6 o'clock.

Daggers which were intricately designed by gems glowed, flowing through the air and copying Idril's deathly movement. They cut through 5 wolves before returning back to her hands.

Mythril opened up his cloak, holding a fistful of small needles in-between his fingers. He arched them in a fan attack and immobilized the rest.

Orion noticed the elf's victims twitching and opened fire. Avery and Pac also joined him in exterminating the remaining wolves.

The Phantom's gun locked back, notifying him that it was empty.

He reloaded and strapped the weapon to his bag. Orion grabbed his M32 and replaced 2 smoke rounds with high explosive munition.

Idril had her bow out and shot a couple arrows into bodies of wolves.

A cluster barreled past lupine housings.

The elf was about to pull more arrows from her quiver but was momentarily stunned by an earth shaking explosion.

She winced and shut her eyes for whatever may have come for them. Idril peeked up at carnage which presented itself to her. Bodies were strewn apart and there was a burn mark staining the ground.

Both elves looked to Orion who was carrying a smoking weapon. He fired another shot at another group of wolves in the vicinity, annihilating them.

Everyone scanned their surroundings and the Phantom stood up.

Avery and Pac copied his movements while surveying the battlegrounds.

All was quiet with trees blocking the setting sun from shining down on the village. Unallowing lupine refuge to see the destruction that was once their peaceful home.

"How a-are your weapons capable of this?" Idril stammered.

Quiet footsteps could be heard from behind and a white wolf charged at Orion.

He let his grenade launcher sag and reached for his sidearm. The wolf was faster and leaped at him with a jaw full of teeth.

'This isn't her!'

Avery and Pac were in the midst of reloading as the wolf sneakily pounced towards Orion. They could only watch as their team leader tried leaning back from the attack. The elves weren't fast enough either.

Orion had his hand on his pistol but knew he couldn't react faster than the wolf going for his throat.

In mere seconds away from dying, a white orb slammed into the offending wolf, forcing it away from him.

The soldier fell and rolled himself back up.

A pair of white wolves were entangled, clawing, biting and snarling in heated conflict.

Orion pulled out his pistol and aimed, although unable to get a clear shot of either animal.

His mind concluded that one was Aurora.

"I can't tell which is which!" Avery yelled in exasperation.

The Phantom moved, charging both massive wolves and tackling one of them away from the other. He put an arm around its neck and the wolf clawed at his left arm. Orion slammed his back to the ground and pulled out his tanto, swishing the edge out and drove it into its throat, slashing to cut vitals.

The animal slowed all movements and Orion pushed the large morsel off himself.

A searing pain radiated up his arm and through his mind. He struggled to pull the arm into view and regarded 3 deep gashes. He ripped a tourniquet off his belt and applied it near his armpit, constricting blood flow.

"MGH!"

Orion ripped open his molle IFAK attached to his belt and grabbed a small bottle of betadine, pouring its contents over his bleeding limb. A stinging and burning sensation boomed from the antiseptic agent.

"AARGGHAA!" He dropped the bottle and ripped out an emergency Israeli bandage, wrapping it around his maimed arm.

Inspecting his injured limb once more and collecting his knife. He pulled out his Five Seven and shot 2 rounds into the dead wolf's head.

Orion swung his head towards the rest of his team, the elves, lupines and the remaining white wolf.

She had her ears down in a submissive manner and carefully looked up at him. Almost sensing his pain and discomfort, the animal was worried for him to berate her behavior.

"Urgh, you ok?"

The wolf swished her tail and nodded.

"Good." Orion held his arm close to his stomach and regrouped with his team.

"What's next?" Avery caught his friend's badly injured arm but needed to regain control over the surroundings.

"Secure the area." The Phantom brought his pistol up, towards the village. Avery took point and Pac flanked his teammates.

As they passed, Pac winked at the elves.

"Try to keep up."

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 52 Area Secured

The elves and Aurora kept a safe distance but made sure to provide support if needed. Orion's team moved around Aspen's domain like clockwork. Their 3 mythical followers were mystified by their smooth and precise movement.

They moved to check the perimeter and ended up back in the middle of the village.

'No more active threats detected.' Orion lowered his pistol and holstered.

"Think we're clear?" Pac asked his squad lead.

A chorus of footsteps came forward and his team recoiled back into a ready position.

"It is us." Fenrir and his betas approached carefully.

Orion left his pistol alone and tapped each of his men.

"Was this the wolf's den you were referring to earlier?" Avery asked as he checked his weapon and swung it to the left. The straps held on and the weapon was stowed away.

Pac did the same.

Orion shook his head and lowered it towards Fenrir and his betas. Raising his uninjured hand and waved at them.

A few of the betas flinched back while the others kept their composure.

Gastropoda
Gastropoda
122 Followers
1...34567...11