Callsign Amarok Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Argh.. Fenrir, take your wolves and check the houses to see if any of them might be hiding." Fenrir barked out commands and ordered his warriors to comply.

"And tell them to stay away from the cabin my men and I are using. They might get shot." Fenrir nodded and notified everyone through the pack bond.

The team was unsure of what the Alpha was doing.

"Are you going to tell them?" Pac asked.

Fenrir gave the Saviours a confused look and a cloaked Aurora stepped forward.

"My father has told our warriors of your request."

"H-how?" Orion took a knee and kept his vocalization of pain to a minimum.

Aurora crouched down next to her mate and grasped his arm gently.

"Through the pack bond, lupine Alphas voice their commands and words to lower ranking wolves." Avery and Pac gathered around Orion and her.

"Like telepathy?" Pac inquired.

Aurora gave a nod and focused on her injured mate.

"Avery, Pac, check up on Tim and Dan. Tell them to restock and plan for infiltration." Pac waited for Avery but he was hesitant to go.

"What about your arm?" Orion's second in command pointed out.

He tried lifting up but couldn't and it fell back down.

"I'll think of something, just make sure Dan and Tim are still alive." Avery gave him a short salute and went with Pac.

Wolves gathered around Aurora and Orion lowering their heads in respect.

His mate gave him a concerned look and slowly began unwrapping the gauze. She needed to see the extent of his arm.

Once removed, her hands instantly covered her mouth, muting a cry.

"Not as bad as it looks. It'll heal on its own with proper rest and it'll be good as new." Orion knew he had lied but he didn't want her to start crying.

He too had glanced at his bloodied limb and knew the damage was extensive. Soon, all sensation down to his hands ceased and lines of blood leaked.

"Maybe not." He gave a slight chuckle at the bad news and the woman beside him growled.

"IDRIL!" A guilt stricken Aurora begged.

"I'm the reason for this." She started to cry and Orion placed his other hand on her head.

"You're not, that piece of shit is." He pointed at the dead white wolf away from their position.

"But if I had been less reckless then-"

Orion cut her off as she blamed herself and watched the approaching elf close in.

"I would have my throat extracted from my neck. You saved me, I owe you one. Regarding my arm, I hope your aunt is able to do something about it."

"How are you not in pain?" Idril asked while staring straight into the young man's eyes. Mythril alongside the she-elf grimaced at his poor limb.

He smiled from their concern.

"Training, experience and control."

The she-elf moved to inspect his arm and pulled out a vial of powder.

Orion remained silent and watched Idril work her magic. She sprinkled flaky pieces onto his mauled arm and his wounds absorbed them.

"Not going to do that healing thing with your hands?"

Idril placed a hand on his arm and he felt a gentle humming vibration flow through his body. His wounds were covered by a green haze and sensation returned to his hand once again.

Aurora and a surprised Orion watched as his arm had almost been completely restored. The healed man untied his tourniquet and studied his limb.

The gashes turned into miniature cuts and his skin stretched to close.

"How?"

Idril gave Orion a surprised expression.

"Magic flows through our veins. It is common knowledge, even to humans such as yourself. How do you not know?" Orion shrugged at her question.

"I'm afraid my friends and I aren't from around anywhere."

Aurora took his healing arm and started to lick at the wounds. He pulled away and covered his new limb.

Aurora tilted her head in confusion.

"I don't think licking an open wound will make it heal faster." Orion remembered case studies of infections that a few soldiers had, leading to the loss of limbs.

"Lupine saliva has healing properties. They are able to clean and provide a numbing sense to injuries." Mythril informed before disappearing into the trees.

"Please, it's the least I can do for you helping me and my Pack." Aurora took back his arm and continued to lick.

Orion's arm stung with the first lick but later numbed and his arm felt cool. Aurora, later switched to his wounded hand and began teething out splintered wood. Giving his digits slow and wet licks to clean.

Idril stood overhead, gazing at Orion's weapons.

"If we are to work amicably together, can you swear it? That you will not abuse the power you and your men wield?" She held out a spent cartridge, found at the crash site.

"Only if you promise me something." Orion gestured for her to get closer and she held a dagger tight under her cloak.

"You've seen what my weapons are capable of. Promise me that you will not disclose any information I may tell you in the future and don't study my friends or my own." He pointed to his ACR.

"Or else there'll be a power shift and this world will be thrown into chaos." His voice was but a whisper to Idril and she backed away slowly.

"By you?"

"By every race residing in this world." The elf gulped and was taken aback by his words.

She steeled herself and answered in a calm manner.

"In the name of my House, I Idril Lharithlyn swear to keep our collective knowledge secret and restrict those desiring to learn your tools."

Orion stuck a hand out to shake and she took it.

"And I promise as well. Oh and don't worry, our old world kept us on tight leashes. If we killed any innocents we would be executed. Right Avery?" Yelling late halfway through his grim explanation.

"We still follow some of the same rules, Amarok! You're damn right we won't go around like maniacs. If any one of us kills or intentionally harms an innocent I expect you to cut our balls off!" Avery waved to everyone.

Idril had a relieved albeit estranged look on her face.

'Thank Corellan for bringing such kind-hearted and disciplined soldiers to this world.'

Orion adjusted his view towards Avery and the rest of his team. A small group of naked people huddled together following Dan and Tim who was dragging something behind him.

"Did her licking fix your busted wing?!" Pac exclaimed.

Aurora had finished and her mate's arm was completely healed.

"Eh, sort of." Orion explained what had happened after Avery and Pac went to gather Dan and Tim.

"Why am I not surprised?" Dan threw up both of his hands.

"Here, I'll give you 4 reasons:

1. We survived a helicopter crash.

2. We fought a hundred giant wolves.

3. Orion's finally got a girl or

4. We just lived through an assault by hostile animals. And finally

5. All the above." Avery quizzed.

The fireteam made an amused snort and Tim spoke up.

"Check all the above."

Avery clasped his hands together like a gameshow host.

"Correct! Orion, you have to let Tim shoot at something now." Their team lead was shocked by the statement.

"What..?"

Dan and Tim shrugged.

"We had 2 wolves attack the cabin, Pac killed both of them." Dan gestured to the naked lupines behind himself.

"A couple of scared and naked villagers took shelter in the cabin." Tim hauled a bound man to the front, presenting him to Orion.

"And this sack of shit tried to kidnap and rape one of them." Dan kicked his legs and he yelled into duct tape.

"In other words, they didn't come across much action." Avery rolled his eyes at both of their luck.

"You and your friends are something else." Aurora giggled and held onto her mate.

Everyone laughed at her comment.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 53 Damage Assessment

Fenrir, Aurora, Avery and Orion along with a few pack betas stood on the porch of the Alpha's home.

"How many did we lose?" Orion asked.

Fenrir exhaled, looking out towards lupines gathering bodies and throwing most of them into a pile.

"We've lost 3 elders, 15 adults and 31 of our females are missing." Orion calculated how many their side had lost and folded his arms.

"18 fatal casualties and 31 missing girls."

"It would be a lot more if your team had not helped." Aurora added and took his hand in hers.

"How many Mjolnir wolves died?"

A corner of Fenrir's lip curled into a smile.

"81."

Avery whistled.

Aurora and Orion enjoyed each other's presence and he crossed his arms again.

"31 girls are going to be used if we don't get there in time." Orion stared at the captured Mjolnir werewolf Tim and Dan had subdued.

"What do you suggest?" Avery asked.

"Counter-strike."

Aurora grabbed his arm.

"So soon?!"

Orion held her hand and squeezed softly.

"Strike when the iron's hot."

"Dan, Pac, Tim and I are all combat ready. You have the trigger." Avery stood tall and awaited his orders.

"Fenrir, can you get 2 or 3 betas to guard that prisoner and inform my men to come in the main house."

Betas notified Tim, Pac and Dan of the situation.

Tim and Dan had guarded the captive while Pac cared for the wounded along with Idril. Mythril sat overhead in a tree and kept watch, ready for another attack.

All of them regrouped, following Fenrir inside and Zane closed the door.

"What is your plan Orion?" Mythril asked.

Everyone got situated around the table with the map.

"I need a force of 20 wolves that are able to follow orders and can reestablish Pack hierarchy with or without bloodshed." Pulling out a Five Seven magazine and unloading the contents. He placed 5 rounds in a circle away from the Mjolnir Pack.

"Is this to retake the territory?"

Orion confirmed with a nod.

Doors to the pack house opened up and 20 clothed lupines strolled in.

"Didn't know they could wear clothes." Avery remarked and received a playful slap from Tim.

"Tim, Dan, sniper and rocket. I want you 2 on overwatch here." He placed a single round on a rocky cliff surrounding the village.

"Understood." Dan responded.

"We need to hurry, my mate was taken." A male voice echoed from the group.

"Mine has as well!" Another yelled.

"QUIET!" Orion slammed the table, silencing the anxious room before more chimed in.

Everyone but the fireteam flinched from the humans booming voice.

"You want to help your mates, I get that." He presented his left arm and focused on the map.

Placing more bullets on the parchment and leaning back.

"Those of you who have lost their mates, raise your hand."

4 men raised their hands with anger and sadness plastered across their faces.

"I commend you for living through the loss and staying alive to see the fall of those who took them from you." The Phantom waved their hands down.

"Raise your hands if your mate is missing or you know has been taken."

12 lupines raised their hands high, eager to rescue their mates.

"I cannot fathom what you must be going through. Each day you maintain faith and pray that your mates aren't used for the pleasure of the Mjolnir Pack." Growls and snarls echoed through the building.

"You have my utmost respect and rest assured, any wolf who has violated or hurt your mate will be put down." Orion made his point by slamming the table eliciting cheers and howls from the crowd.

Soon the cheering settled and he continued.

"And to those of you who still have their mates." The remaining lupines all raised their hands.

"You are both the fortunate and unfortunate few who are risking everything. You leave the safety and comfort of one another to fight and protect those around you. Your selflessness does not allow you to enjoy personal happiness when those around you are suffering!" The pack house filled with blood curdling cries of motivated lupines.

Fenrir grew to respect Orion even more. Zane, Idril and Mythril were enthralled by the soldier's rousing speech.

Aurora observed her amazing male and felt heat spreading around her crotch. Liquid coated her inner thighs and she wanted to take him, right there in front of everyone.

She scolded herself and promised that she would have him after the captive lupines were rescued.

Orion felt satisfied with his own words and looked at his team.

They all smiled and nodded approvingly.

He gestured for the crowd to settle down and listen.

"Tim, Dan get outside, apply mud on yourself and head for that position. Once you hear the howls." Their leader ran a thumb across his own throat.

"You are cleared to engage all targets of opportunity."

"Yes sir!" Dan jogged out while Tim and Pac traded gear.

The gunner handed his SAW to the pilot in exchange for a Banshee. They switched out ammunition and Tim went after Dan.

"Fenrir, are you with us?" Orion turned and asked.

The Alpha shook his head.

"I'm afraid not, I need to deal with the bleeding here." The fireteam leader nodded and looked towards Zane.

"I need Zane." The beta sent Orion a questioning look.

"You have him." Fenrir waved him over.

"Alpha Fenrir, I am your beta, why?" Exclaiming in hesitancy, directing it towards his Alpha.

Orion and Fenrir smiled at each other.

"Because the Mjolnir Pack needs an empathetic leader. There may be lupines who are in need of guidance, especially after what Sköll's done." Orion moved to grip both of Zane's shoulders.

"Think of the pups being held there. The mistreatment and suffering they have to go through each day. Don't you want to end that? Imagine if it were Aurora."

Fenrir got up from his chair.

"You fought and killed Sköll for leadership. Why have you decided for him to lead?" Zane nodded in agreement with his friend.

Orion glanced at Aurora and responded.

"I'm not."

Everyone was confused except Mythril.

"He's set Zane up for succession. If Orion were to fall then your beta would have right to control. Perhaps the human's responsibilities should lie elsewhere." The male elf spoke up.

Orion smirked and loosened his grip on shoulders.

"Zane, how would you like to become Alpha of a pack?"

The beta looked at Orion wide-eyed.

"You can't be serious, I am a warrior not a leader."

"Yes, but you lead and give insight to the wolves under your command, correct?" Orion gestured to Aspen warriors bearing down expectant gazes for the aged beta.

Zane had become pairing voices with Fenrir during the recent attack, coordinating commands and orders to all under his vision. He was also a part of the security team, leading wolves to clear out the village.

David and Sera seemed more disciplined around him as well. This information was shared amongst the team after checking the village perimeters.

"That is correct but what about Sköll, are you not afraid that I may end up like him?"

Orion stepped forward and held one of Zane's shoulders.

"You just proved that you have a conscience, better than Sköll's broken one. You lead lupines with admiration and protectiveness just like Fenrir. You fight not because you want to but because you wish to keep those around you alive. "

Zane peeked at Aurora for confirmation. She held a disappointed stare for her mate but nodded furiously with a proud smile to her uncle.

"Hell, Fenrir left his daughter with you so she could learn from you. Do you think he would have left her with Sköll, even if he wasn't an Alpha?" Zane shook his head from Orion's final swaying question.

He huffed and scratched his head.

"What will happen if I enjoy leading and refuse to give the position away?"

Orion smiled at him.

"If you don't turn out to be another Sköll, which I doubt you will." He slapped his arm.

"I would be content to relinquish Alpha status to you. You may keep the pack under 1 condition." Zane perked up at his request?

"And that would that be?"

He looked hard into the betas eyes.

"Abolish the Trial By Combat rule."

All the lupines in the room fell still.

"But it is part of the most sacred way lupines run their lives!" A lupine shouted.

"Yes, but how many others like Sköll will take advantage of that? When a person gets backed into a corner they will do everything and I mean anything for survival. The most dangerous being is someone or something with nothing to lose. Sköll proved that by going after a child, helpless in defending herself. He would have ordered me to drop my weapons or he would kill the kid." Everyone stared at him in silence.

"Sure the trial by combat tradition was useful when it was made." A few wolves growled at his remark.

"The old ways aren't set in stone, they are meant to change and adapt to the world around them. That does not mean abandoning your sacred traditions entirely, it just means to look at the ones that don't work and adjust them."

Orion gestured to 20 other wolves.

"Otherwise people like Sköll are in charge and spread havoc wherever they go. Don't make the same mistake."

"Zane, you always act like an Alpha." A beta in the crowd spoke up.

"You may be a hardball but you treat us well." Avery burst out a laugh and the rest of the room followed.

Fenrir signaled for everyone to quiet down.

Aurora put a hand on Orion's arm.

"Do you not want to be Alpha?" She pulled him closer to her.

"Not without you." Something inside her clicked like a puzzle piece and she tried pulling Orion down to her. A fuzzy sensation spread throughout her body, settling in her crotch.

She needed his lips but he stopped her and put his forehead to hers.

"Rescue mates, remember?" She leaned in to counter him.

"My wolf and I want you, Amarok."

Idril coughed, signaling them to stop and focus back to planning.

Orion straightened himself out and gave Zane his attention.

"Zane. Do you accept, if I am unwilling or have fallen?"

Fenrir's close friend proudly nodded.

"I will."

Applaud and howls filled the room.

"Alright, listen up!" Orion placed the last bullet on the table and began talking.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 54 Preparation

The Phantom had explained the plan to his small group of warriors.

Tim was to set up his Gol Magnum sniper on a ridgeline accompanied by Dan.

Orion and his 5 man team consisting of Avery, Pac, Idril and Aurora were to get close to the large territory without alerting patrolling wolves. He needed to take a calculated risk and fire all 6 rounds of smoke into the surrounding area of the village, disorienting the reaction force's sense of direction.

As this was done, 20 wolves positioned a little ways away from the village. They would start howling after 6 bursts of M32, attracting the responding wolves. Once locked on, the decoy team would maintain their attention, running until their followers stopped pursuing.

Orion instructed them to wait until they saw a bright green light fly up into the sky, signaling them to regroup at Mjolnir's front door.

Idril would use a wide range detection magic to inform Orion if the wolves had indeed gone after the howling ones. Subsequently his team would kill any wolves smart enough to go after the M32. When most were far enough his team would infiltrate and travel through the village as a unit.

Killing anything sporting hostile intent.

Sköll had brought most of his forces to attack the 5 man fireteam. There were only 300 Mjolnir Pack warriors left. Minus 81 that fell during the previous assault.

Orion hoped for atleast 150 wolves to go after the decoy team, leaving them only a fraction of capable fighters to deal with.

Later they would form in the center of the village and deploy tear gas if outnumbered. Orion would order non-combatives to go back into their homes and close all means of exposure.

If his plan worked to a tee then the returning force of 150 would be forced into a killzone. They would funnel through the entrance of the narrow valley, allowing Pac to hose them with lead.

There was a problem, if the wolves only sent out 50 then the humans would call out weapons free on anything that moved towards them.

"Alright, everyone knows what we're doing, correct? If not, I'll repeat.." Those involved in the small insertion team nodded.

1...45678...11