Callsign Amarok Ch. 03

Story Info
A new dawn unveils more than imagined.
36.9k words
4.79
3.3k
13

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 11/03/2023
Created 01/22/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Gastropoda
Gastropoda
122 Followers

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Original Author's notes:

Greetings!

Apologies for the wait: rewriting, editing and publishing took a while.

I have no idea if this chapter will make up for the last.

Again, thank you all for clicking into my story, spending the time and eye strain to read my work.

Action, deep discussions and erotics included.

As always, enjoy!

______

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 44 Welcome Visitors

Thin fog attached with renewed sunshine flowed through the forest.

First light trickled into Aspen territory, waking lupines and wolves alike. The village grew steadily as more and more of its occupants became aware of new beings, approaching their Alpha's home.

Cloaked figures arrived at the large structure and they knocked, detecting footsteps nearby.

Wolves gathered behind them, curiously yet warily watching. Their noses caught ancient magic, a peculiar scent which one race in particular emanated.

Born in the light or shadow of great houses, holding much sway in this world's politics. The epitome of near perfection in all aspects with their ways of life. Many were jealous of their natural beauty, longevity and prowess in unworldly blessings. Enhanced only by their abilities to thrive prosperously, unmatched by any other civilization.

This would come at a cost however, enabling vagabonds and other races to grow envious of their wealth. Thus forcing their own people to isolate from the rest of the world.

A collective history spanning thousands of years now kept hidden away due to constant harassment. They hardened themselves and learned from their mistakes, ensuring their bloodlines to stay knowledgeable of the world surrounding their cities.

The elves knew better than to trust anyone who revealed kindness in a sly manner.

Lupine and elven relations were particularly well-off, until Sköll became a nuisance and ruled with hostility. With no other options from unprovoked attack by wolves, the elven council designated the Mjolnir Pack as a dangerous faction. As well as cautioning citizens to stay away from lupine territory in the meantime.

The Aspen Pack was well known for their friendly hospitality towards their kind, especially because the current Alpha had mated with one.

Anna was a close sister to Idril and they both cared for one another. Fenrir had transformed her during winter's full moon, turning the royal blood to match his own. Although still storing elven magic through her veins, she lost a substantial amount due to her transformation.

Idril was furious by her sister's death, demanding her own court intervene and seek retribution for unfair blood. They refused, unwanting of an escalation in conflict and further desecration of relations. They remained vigilant however, keeping eyes and ears to their wolven counterparts for further changes.

The bitter elf hadn't figured out who killed her sister. She asked Fenrir for information but he was worried about his Pack and daughter.

A clever, feisty and adorable pup who later discovered her own transformation into another form.

Idril adored the small child and played a vital role as surrogate to little Aurora. The elf hoped to see her again after following her own family's duty and prayed for the safety of the young lupine.

Large doors opened and Idril along with her companion were greeted by a male with gray hair. His body was in fit condition with a few scars healing over. A noticeable slice wound across his gut was still fading away.

"Ah! This is a welcome surprise. Fenrir and Aurora will be pleased to see you again." Zane led them inside and strode away to inform his Alpha.

Idril sat down in a chair located near a table, setting her bow and daggers on her lap. Her companion stood next to her and waited for the Alpha to appear.

A few minutes went by and Fenrir appeared, dressed in a traditional robe. He sauntered over to Idril and she opened her arms, welcoming a hug. The aged lupine gladly accepted and gave her a warm embrace.

"It has been too long, Idril, my daughter has grown into a beautiful lupine. She has also found her mate, our Saviour." Fenrir backed away and stood proud.

Idril wanted to see Anna's daughter again but still had a task to complete.

"I agree, it has been far too long. I wish I was there to watch little Aurora grow but I had my duties to attend. Who has she chosen?" Curiosity shrouded her mind, wondering if Aurora's mate was part of the native populace.

"A human named Amarok Orion. Him, along with his friends killed more than hundreds of Mjolnir wolves and brought us their Alpha, Sköll." The Aspen Alpha informed and observed Idril's ears twitch slightly.

"Humans? This far in your territory? I don't know if such presence is good for your Pack Fenrir." A smile answered her doubtful statement and the Alpha gently waved away her caution.

"These humans...are unlike most. I have my own opinions for their kind but these ones aren't like most we've encountered."

Hesitancy from both elves showed Zane and Fenrir their reluctance to believe such words. It would take more than another's assertion in a group's behavior to convince them. The Aspen Alpha was lupine and partly human but pure blood humans were deceitful, far more than anyone else.

"Were the cries and horribly cut corpse, which now stains your grounds, his doing?" She asked with concern present on her face.

The lupines shared a confirming nod with each other and Fenrir spoke up.

"Sköll chose to challenge Orion in a battle of strength. I allowed it and the human fought excellently against his foe." Finishing with a smile.

Idril couldn't believe what she was hearing. This was no simple man, he had single handedly maimed Sköll and come out with barely a scratch. His treatment with the defeated left an undesirable chill down her spine.

"He's dangerous. I worry for your daughter."

Fenrir's expression sharpened.

"Indeed. When I first spoke to him, he was respectful and cautious. Almost as if he was appraising me." Fenrir sat down, opposite of Idril.

"As was I." During the aftermath of the most recent slaughter, Aurora's father had sized Orion up. In the brief moments shared together, the human soldiers displayed a protective nature for each other as well for those who they deemed worthy of care.

The hunting pack informed their Alpha of the tense stand-off between themselves and those soldiers. How calm and steadfast Orion remained in the heat of danger, restraining himself from resorting to more lethal means. He was even understanding of his mate's unease and hesitancy to help.

Aurora spoke and made it known to her father that they weren't aware of what was happening and helped Sköll to gather more knowledge. She was forthcoming with everything that happened during their battle. Including a delay in counter attacking the hostile lupines, giving Aspen wolves time to retreat behind them.

Whether it was done out of self-preservation or a sense of honor, the humans hadn't faltered and finished off the rest of the Mjolnir attack team. Aurora's mate further proved his abilities by taking the brunt of a sneak attack aimed for Fenrir.

It was one incredible first impression and spoke volume on what the human would do in crisis. Only time would tell more of his behavior and actions for his daughter and Pack.

"I have not gotten to know him well enough to judge and decide if he is fit for my pup. But I know this; my daughter has chosen him as her mate, a true mate and those pairings are blessings from Luna herself." Fenrir leaned forward, clasping his hands together on the table.

"Orion has expressed that he gave her his heart and Aurora seems enamoured with him already."

Idril crossed her arms and looked forward.

"Have they mated?" The elf next to Idril spoke up. The Alpha and beta shared a glance at the other elf, then back to Idril.

"This is Mythril, my companion, we were sent to investigate a disturbance nearby." She gestured for him to remove his hood.

Fenrir gave a slight nod to the fair skinned elf, while Zane observed him.

"They have. Aurora came to me and explained what had happened. Their combined scent confirmed a mating."

Mythril rubbed his chin while his long ears wiggled in thought.

"That is quite unfortunate, if they hadn't then separating them wouldn't be as difficult."

Zane growled and Fenrir stood up abruptly. Idril knew her companion made a mistake by questioning a true mate pairing.

"How dare you utter such a statement on my daughter's decision. I have raised, nurtured and taught her alongside the others in this room. Aurora is quite capable of deciding such importance in regards to a male. Luna herself gave her a mate, a true mate. They are not to be spoken so cruelly." Fenrir warned in a deep tone of agitation.

"Are you suggesting we force them apart?" Zane zeroed his eyes on Mythril's waist and openings of his cloak, prepared for retaliation.

Idril slowly placed her weapons on the table and outstretched her hand around Fenrir's.

"I apologize for my companions' comment. He did not mean any disrespect towards Aurora or her mate. He is an amazing tactician and has the utmost respect for your people."

Mythril leaned on a knee and lowered his head.

"I am sorry for doubting her fated pairing. It was not my intention to show any disrespect towards your daughter or her mate. I am quite fond of the lupine people and wish to have a more comprehensive understanding regarding the customs you have. If I said anything that may have offended you all, please accept my deepest apology."

The Alpha calmed and returned to his seat. Zane had also settled, offering a hand towards the humbled elf.

"If you are to understand your mistake and learn more about my race then you must stay and learn the ways of wolves." Fenrir advised as Zane helped the man off the floor, dusting away at his cloak.

Idril and Fenrir looked back at each other.

"Sköll's body was severely lacerated, has her mate always conducted himself in this manner?" 2 loud blasts resounded in Idril's memory which echoed from the village, later witnessing the evisceration and execution of Sköll.

"He was calm during his duel, adapting to Sköll's every move. When the Mjolnir Alpha was defeated, Orion's actions were volatile and unprecedented. I am fairly certain his fight was personal." Fenrir shared an amused smile with the occupants in the room. He stood up and retrieved a pendant hanging off the wall.

"Sköll's last moments were personal for me as well." The somber mate held the pendant close to his chest and retook his seat.

"T-that's Anna's. Did he?" Idril concluded that Sköll had killed or was somewhat involved in her sister's death.

"But, he's a human, why would you let him fight?" Idril had a single tear roll down her face. She needed to know more.

Fenrir placed the pendant on the table, letting her examine the forgotten piece of jewelry.

"For months, the Mjolnir wolves and Sköll tormented my pack and neighboring lupines. He tried forcing me back, I was so close to hunting him down and ripping him apart after he defiled and killed Anna."

As he was about to continue Idril rose up and slammed the table with the pendant in her fist. The beta and her companion were surprised by the royal's sudden outburst.

"Then why had you not!?" Tears crashed down onto the wooden furniture, remembering her sister's corpse.

This time, it was Fenrir's turn to take Idril's clenched up fists and calm her down.

"My wolf and I wanted to. We hungered for his blood after what he did." He let go and lowered his head.

"I couldn't, my responsibilities are to my pack and my family. If I had left to avenge my mate then my fellow packmates would have met their ends. I was never granting Sköll the satisfaction of facing me.`` Fenrir moved to her side and took her into a hug. Idril was still teary eyed, managing to slow to a sniffle.

"And I did not intend my pup to be orphaned after she lost her mother, my mate. If faced with that choice again, I would have chosen to stay and raise Aurora into the beautiful woman she is today. Maybe that you're here, we can help Orion and his friends liberate our problem. Finally setting Anna's soul to rest and rescue those which we have lost." He rubbed her back and helped the elf back into a chair, staying by her side.

After a few minutes of silence Idril had steadied herself and focused on the pendant.

"Please, may I see Aurora and her mate. I must offer my appreciation for his efforts."

Fenrir nodded and spoke out loud.

"Zane, bring them here."

"It will be done Alpha." The beta replied and left to search for the humans.

"In the meantime Idril, it has been too long. Shall we catch up on our affairs?"

"There is no reason not to, old friend." She smiled and wiped away her tears.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 45 Walk-around

A pair of familiar soldiers made their presence as a few heads turned, eyeing them with curiosity and caution. Their staffs hung from straps around bulky vests and were readily available if danger was to come.

Some villagers made slight bows to their human Saviours, a few kept their distance but most if not all, aware of the danger and threat they posed.

A group of patrolling wolves and 3 clothed lupines in human form returned from a strenuous night. They shared a look with the foreign soldiers and received a respectable nod.

"Night watch?" One of the Saviours estimated.

The patrol wolves looked up at their packmates in human form, wondering if they would answer or not. A few glanced at each other until one spoke which surprised many in earshot.

"We've returned from checking our borders. I..." He stopped and the Saviours eyed him speculatively.

This was the werewolf hell bent on getting a piece of Sköll until their team leader stopped him. The man was well built and carried an aura of someone who had seen battle, his hesitation to continue was out of character to his statute.

"I would like to apologize and thank your leader for seeing the Mjolnir Alpha's punishment." The warrior stepped forth, lowering his head in discomfort for his hasty actions and doubt.

Aspen lupines present in the surrounding area waited for how the human soldiers would react.

Looking at each other, an intimidating dark skinned man gave them a carefree hand gesture while the other observed his comrade's action.

"Don't mind him. My friend here isn't much of a talker. He's pretty shy around new people." The tad bit shorter soldier made an amused huff and raised a hand forward.

Encompassing villagers watched as the apologetic lupine took the friendly gesture.

"Name's Avery and the big dude next to me is Timothy. The rest just call him Tim for short." The gunner shot his teammate a side eye before shrugging off the tease mentally.

"I'm David. It is an honor to meet you."

After exchanging a few shakes their hands let go of one another and Avery answered the prior statement.

"Likewise and you have nothing to worry about. Our Orion isn't someone who holds grudges easily, besides, last night was stressful for everyone. You can thank him for doing what he did personally. I think he'd appreciate the good faith." Avery gave the warrior a gentle smile.

"I will do that. Thank you." The lupine nodded and a grey wolf from behind him transformed into a woman. Her shift was almost instant and a full view of nude status was displayed to everyone.

Disheveled hair along with bits of leaves and sticks fell over perky breasts. The girl whipped her hair back and turned to David.

"It's not like you to bow or apologize to just anyone. These humans must have earned your respect." She turned and met surprised faces of both soldiers.

Avery collected himself while Tim shook his own head slightly out of stupor.

"Mmm... why are they...o..oh." The female felt a little self conscious under multiple gazes.

"It's a wonder how you weren't taken by Sköll and his dogs, Sera." David waved for one of his wolves to fetch clothing for the hastily transformed lupine.

Seconds went by as a wolf brought a fur robe for Sera to wear. She quickly wrapped herself in clothing and studied both humans.

"I kill as many as I could before they tried taking me. The others not so much. Hopefully 'they' can help bring them back to us... or what's left of them." Finishing the grim reminder of what plagued the pack under a hushed breath. The now dressed lupine closed in on Tim, peering at his innocent yet eyeful demeanor.

Avery nudged his teammate to refrain from saying anything that might've embarrassed themselves.

"Hello miss, that was quite the meet and greet...." Tim blurted as the female circled him like prey. She stopped and rejoined David in studying their new settlers.

"Mmhh... I wonder if Aurora earned any sleep last night. All that screaming kept me from focusing on our patrol. Tell me; is your 'Alpha' like this all the time?"

Tim scratched his head and peeked down at Avery, waiting for him to respond to the suggestive question.

"Sorry, I'm not at liberty to answer those questions. How was the patrol? Anything we should worry about?" Avery chose to ignore the lewd tone and refocused on David.

"Mmph... I'll ask her later myself." Sera pouted and looked away in mock annoyance.

The male lupine was going to say something until the Alpha's home opened, revealing a familiar beta.

"Just the people I wanted to see. How has your run been?" Zane joined the group and gave Sera an inquisitive look.

David tapped his colleague and she answered.

"Nothing that concerns us for a while. They must've killed most of them earlier." Sera cocked her head at both soldiers present.

Zane alongside David gave the humans an approving look and nodded.

"I wouldn't count their enforcers to be so tactful. Our Alpha has asked me to summon them." The beta focused on Avery.

"Can I speak with Orion?"

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

===Chapter 46 Awake

#THERE'S TOO MA-GAH-grgl..gl..g.....krrrrrr# The rapport of gunfire muted the dire distress into nothing.

Soon everything faded to black.

He was phased to a bar in Africa with his old Phantom squadron.

"Hey Orion!" Charlie yelled, presenting an empty seat next to himself.

Orion neared and took a seat.

"Man, your shots at target practice were amazing! Where did you learn to shoot?" Daws tapped Charlie's back and sat down next to them.

"I would also like to know." Their commander asked, sipping a glass of whisky.

Orion shook his head and smiled.

"Video games." Daws choked on his drink and Charlie fumbled his glass.

"Holy shit, I didn't know our Phantom was a nerd. Did you sir?" They laughed together until a provoking commotion erupted from behind.

"Oi pendejo! Leave the lady alone!" Ramirez stood in between Shelly and a gang of skinny men.

"Ah fuck..." Charlie circled his drink and set it on the bar table, expecting hell to unleash.

Commander Daws swung his drink back and held his empty cup while shooting Orion a glance.

"Your call. You might earn some payback for that maintenance work. He still couldn't hide that book properly." The commander swayed his head over at Ramirez and presented the empty glass to his subordinate.

Peeking over, 3 Phantoms watched their comrade dodge a swing from one gang member and clocked another in the face.

"Hah.. when we RTB, burn that paperback with his own lighter." Orion took the glass from Daws and threw it over to Ramirez. He caught it and smashed it down over a bull rushing target.

Charlie rose from his seat and joined Ramirez in controlling the situation. Their commander also got up and marched towards a man, sending out a punch to the throat. His opponent fell instantly and 3 more unknowns rushed into the bar.

As the fighting continued Orion maneuvered himself towards Shelly, laying a hand on an empty chair beside her.

Gastropoda
Gastropoda
122 Followers