All Comments on 'Can it be Rebuilt'

by NylonDreams

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It's really nice to warn readers that in your opinion this is not a RAAC, which means you consider it a reconciliation.

The problem is the definition or the vision that one has of a reconciliation or a RAAC.

If you could express your way of thinking or define both, that would be even more explicit.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart11 months ago

Stopped reading at the Maggie stuff. I'm sorry but that was just too much for me. The whole "different persona" felt like a cop out, something she constructed to try to explain her behavior but it was her all along, she just wants to blame it on "Maggie". Unfortunately gave it a low score. I like reconciliation stories, in fact quite love them more then BTB stories most of the time, but loath stories that have cop outs like this to try to have a character do terrible things but not be as bad, pure personal taste, that make it become a RAAC. This is a RAAC, she lied, she cheated, she hid things from him, and while some can be blamed on her depression she still did all those things willingly, not Maggie, and yet they still got back together.

ThorlolThorlol11 months ago

Seriously? It was 'Maggie'? So it was 'Maggie' who spoke on the phone, yeah? And was it 'Maggie' who then started to cry when she realized that Dan was behind her? Thats just stupid. She is not shizophrenic. Just a cheap cop out to explain it all away. Everything after page 2 was just nonsense. Even the therapist acted like she actually had split personalities but instead of treating it she just listened or whatever. There are a few medications to treat schizophrenia but her not prescribing them is telling.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider195511 months ago

The butler did it! A great story the headed south quickly. Maggie? Come on now. That’s worse than, “Dan, it was only sex.” So, why wasn’t the appropriate question asked… “what happens next time Maggie comes back?” A postnup is definitely called for but never mentioned. Good luck Dan. Maggie is just waiting you wimp cuck. Yeah, I know it’s fiction. But, it helps to put yourself in a characters shoes.

servant111servant11111 months ago

Stopped after Margaret’s opening at the second session with Susan. Too much psychobabble nonsense for me. When an author resorts to bending story logic into double helix pretzels to satisfy a preconceived RAAC ending I stop. Simply put your tale violates common sense. You have failed that most basic of authorial story requirements…you have failed to convince me as a reader to properly suspend disbelief. Thus I as a reader try to substitute my own common sense to tie the broken logic holes which you try to fix with a rather heavy handed use of Deux ex Machina off stage plot changing entrants. There are so many of these that it reminds me of that old spy series Alias. Like Alias the radical transmorphing of the reality and the absurdity of the radical transformations of the characters moves the whole tale into low comedy. The sad tale morps into a continuing joke.

In short an epic fail which I didn’t complete…

2 stars

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

My 2 cents

A very good story. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

So, yet again, a female Counsellor and it was all a result of wacky hormones! Even AFTER he made it clear that she had to stop seeing the other guy, she CHOSE not to. And what was the outcome for the predator?

rockdoctor63rockdoctor6311 months ago

Psychology Bible, did not make it past the 2nd page. If she had a split personality who was talking on the phone when she was caught. Why did it take her so long to have the affair? Just a reason for a woman to turn into a slut and it be OK with everyone.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I quit reading at page three because of this Maggie bullshit! Hell she was only seven weeks into her pregnancy when she miscarried, yet she had this life changing disconnect with her husband? How does becoming a slut deal with a disconnect with her husband. She had constantly lied to him and family up to this point, it sounds like the next excuse, coming up with this Maggie. He should have laughed at her and moved on.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What a load of crap. Gave up on page 2

des911des91111 months ago

I enjoyed it, thank you. The scenario was credible (just about) and the counsellor proved her worth in the end. Nicely done.

FireFox59FireFox5911 months ago

Good story and well written though I do have some problems with the Maggie character. I don't know enough about split personalities to absolutely say one way or the other but I'm very skeptical especially after she continued seeing her lover after the blowout with the phone call. That doesn't tabulate in my brain.

nestorb30nestorb3011 months ago

Overall very well written, though I am highly sceptical depression due to miscarriage would lead to dissociative identity disorder. I almost stopped reading at that point. Dan was written very wishy-washy and needed a pit of a spine. Otherwise good story line

Thanks for writing

Nasty56Nasty5611 months ago

So…she won. Got an affair, got an excuse and he gobbled it….

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

On it's face a 5 star, then you got to take 1 off for the foregiveness nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

You probably shouldn't write about split personalities without understanding the concept even a little. Because of the the dialog suffers tremendously. Good idea poor execution.

GumpershnickalGumpershnickal11 months ago

i swear every one of your raac stories lately follows the same formula, wife does something awful. husband leaves, they do therapy, one or both of them is hypnotised to reveal some underlying trauma, fill the story with a few extra pages so the reconciliation doesn't feel too soon

PBD2022PBD202211 months ago

So when. She found out another personality instead of getting professional care she took the opposite. Seems to me it's Margaret who had the affair blamed it on Maggie or mental disorder. People who gets caught often lies to get away. In the age of internet you can look up any disorder and act like it. Others will think they have it. It is called malingering. When a person makes a willful wrongdoing it is best to distance from the person.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What a load of crap!!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Well written (composition wise) but extremely "talky". I understand the nuanced slow transition of emotional and psychological states of the two MC's, but damn! Get on with it already!

Keep writing.

MLJ

WargamerWargamer11 months ago

The story failed right from the start

When he overheard the phone conversation at the beginning he overhears Margot talking to the friend NOT Maggie. So Margot is completely complicit in what is happening. The reaction to the husbands outburst is the reaction of Margot NOT Maggie.

Margot is cheating and loving it, she says so, Maggie is a convenient excuse to cover her cheating.

Very clever by half.

Nylondreams you write the same story every time now with just a little variation. Wife cheats, is caught and divorced and then, no matter hoe bad the cheating is, the husband or ex husband forgives the woman and reconciles with her even remarrying her.

Yes BTBs all the time are bad but so are RAACs all the time.

So, how about mixing it up a bit, extend yourself a bit.

But in this story you fucked up and ruined your own story by inadvertently destroying the cheater’s alibi from the get go.

Scores 2/5

WargamerWargamer11 months ago

Reading other comments l see other picked up on the phone call as well. You so screwed up.

😂🤣😂🤣

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

It started out bad and then got worse. With so many pages, it got a lot worse! The only thing really believable in the whole story was that the wife was an unfaithful bitch.

Regguy69Regguy6910 months ago

Wow, these two were some uptight folks! The dual personality was an excellent excuse for her and, eventually, for him. The bottom line is they are now happy together. I think he got played, but he doesn't care. She learned to enjoy sex and he's now having a ball getting fucked silly. The indignation spouted by some is simply them imposing their values on your main character. They're happy now, shake your head and let them be happy.

tonyneatotonyneato10 months ago

He's an idiot for working with Sybil after she continued cheating on him after she was caught. He should have taken out the trash including his boss and scumbag son and put them in an incinerator. Long read sad ending.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean10 months ago

Not sure if I would/could accept the schism stuff so dunno if I would ever get to the stuff that made sense, that said DAm well written story it holds together well flawed but realistically so well done

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The writing is excellent. However, the Margaret/Maggie split personality plot feels forced. It doesn’t fit with her behavior on the deck (Maggie thinks the husband is her rock?) and where does Maggie disappear to after Margaret has lured the unwitting husband back into a relationship?

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

Formulaic RAAC . Lot's of effort.

kamdev99008kamdev990089 months ago

crap in the name of split personality

I hate it

1 star

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

What is happening !!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

RAAC in itself abhorrent! It is RARELY deserved nor earned! Abd when applied to this "cheating WHORE wife Apologist" farce, COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY WRONG!!!

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

Well written NylonDreams, well done! Thanks you for a nice 5 star story! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Some wouldn't know a Fiction from a DMV Drivers Manual, here in the U.S.

pummel187pummel1873 months ago

Oh you poor bastard

Big_Tim99Big_Tim993 months ago

I get tired of,"You need to forgive her, it was hormones that made her act out."

If that were true all women should be avoided.

MasterKoteMasterKote2 months ago

Sorry but no coming back from this and he deserved better instead of this raac especially when everyone was pressuring him to

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

All of a sudden Margret is at ease with talking and acting sexually? Where is Maggie? Good writing but I don’t buy the premise. Complete BS. Sarah is the antichrist.

deependerdeependerabout 2 months ago

Maggie = Martian Slut Ray.

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 2 months ago
I hate to do this to you

I was enjoying this until Margaret pulled 'Maggie" out of her hat, as a way of deflecting responsibility for carrying on her affair.

It is true that Dissociative Identity Disorder is a real thing, with approximately 1.5% of the world's population suffering from its effects. However, it is extremely unlikely that Margaret's character could be affected as described.

DID is is virtually always associated with severe childhood trauma. It can result from physical, emotional or sexual trauma, or any combination of the three. This is a disorder that starts in childhood. It is extremely unlikely, in fact, virtually impossible, to result from a recent miscarriage that occurs in adulthood, and over the space of months.

The different personalities, or 'alters', are independent of one another. In other words, they are not aware of each other. A successful course of treatment and therapy, which would take years, not months, would allow Margaret to become aware of 'Maggie', but as said before, Margaret's character doesn't have the disorder.

Sarah would know this, and unless she has some unethical agenda, would call a halt to the 'Maggie did it all' nonsense.

Sorry again to come down on your story, but the whole 'Multiple Personalities' thing is central to your character's reconciliation, and, as described, looks more like a dodge by Margaret than an explanation for her behavior.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Margret made a fool of Dan and Sarah by inventing Maggie to fuck around She did not stopped even after being caught and continued to meet her lover for months.

She fooled by being Margret and Maggie so that she could use the benefit of a high salaried husband and a fantastic fucking lover.

Even when she was trying to get closer to Dan after divorce she cherished the thought of a threesome for Dan with another woman so she could enjoy a threesome for herself with another man/stud. It may result in a threesome or foursome or manymoresome with multiple partners. Even now who knows how many persons she was fucking around, and the pregnancy is due Dan or any of her lovers !

Shit!! She easily made fool of Dan again!’

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNylonDreams@NylonDreams
Retired, prefer sensual rather than violent sex stories. Love lingerie and stockings.

SIMILAR Stories