Caribbean Passion Ch. 19

Story Info
Plans fall apart for Carmen.
7.5k words
4.5
1.8k
1

Part 19 of the 20 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/28/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The next day was Freeport day. Docked in Freeport Harbour, the Oceanwave's bright, white hull gleamed in the morning sun, her pennant flags from aft to stern fluttering gaily in the breeze.

Lucia awoke, yawned, and stretched out her long legs luxuriously, her olive-skinned arm brushing gently against Pablo's sleeping form. Opening her eyes, the first thing she saw was Pablo's chest, rising and falling gently with his breathing. Smiling, she placed one hand on him. Last night had been amazing. The sex had been incredible, and she knew it. Was this what she had wanted all along? Although her heart still longed for travel and adventure, those things would definitely be a lot more fun with Pablo along for the ride. With this level of satisfaction available to her, what could be better? Things suddenly were looking up.

Lucia swung her legs onto the floor and got up. Pottering around the cabin, she didn't need to hurry. Marcia was on shorex duty today, so she had time off to herself. Just as well because just the memory of last night was already turning her on and, once Pablo woke up, she would be up for round two of last night's fireworks. She really hoped that might become a regular occurrence.

Casting her mind back to the previous evening, she had been surprised and caught offhand at first at Pablo's sudden appearance in her cabin, his earnest demeanour and understated seriousness -- but then, he had told her everything that had happened with Carmen and explained how he had realised what he wanted in life, how Lucia was it, then everything had segued into his red-hot desire to give Lucia all of himself -- the passionate lovemaking, the heart-to-connection, the...

She looked at Pablo. In her heart, she was glad he had stood up to Carmen. If it had been half as good as he had described, Carmen would have gone back to her cabin half-desperate with need, haha. Oh, well.

Smiling, she got dressed.

It was 9:00am. Pablo had finally risen and they had had breakfast together in the Staff Mess, enjoying each other's company, then returned to Lucia's cabin. Pablo had dance practice with Carmen at nine thirty, so he returned to his own cabin, changed into some older dance clothes he had in his closet, then made his way along to the Disco, not particularly relishing the meeting.

Walking along the corridor, his thoughts were interrupted by a male voice.

"AHA!" Staff Captain Kostas suddenly appeared. He had just closed one of the watertight doors. "What are you doing here? Get below decks!"

"I have dance practice with Carmen right now."

"GET BACK TO YOUR CABIN! You've been told the rules! Go back now!"

"Captain, no lockdown has been ordered yet."

"Is that so?" challenged Kostas.

"The Cruise Director has told us our duties and, as long as we do them, there's no need for a lockdown."

"That's what he thinks!"

"Don't you have the duty roster?"

"Don't tell me what to do! That's none of your business!"

"Captain, nobody else is locked down. Everybody's working normally."

"Not you, though." Kostas stepped forward menacingly. "Listen up, Pablo -- I still haven't forgotten that night after the Captain's Dinner a few cruises ago. You knocked me down on the floor."

"Sir, you were drunk and could hardly stand up."

"You can't shove an officer!"

"I was protecting Lucia -- and you from yourself."

"WHAT! I can take care of myself!"

"Sir, you were passed out on the floor when I left you."

"I get it. Yet who's to say you didn't punch me out?"

"I didn't do that!"

"It's your word against mine, idiot! If I say that's what you did, that's what you did! Whom do you think Banner will believe when I tell him about you?"

Pablo looked at Kostas. He said nothing.

The Staff Captain continued. "As for protecting that Hispanic Barbie doll, I wouldn't waste your time -- she's not worth it."

Pablo bristled. Kostas noticed.

"Ha, I knew that would get to you. Go on, hit me -- do it now. Take out your anger -- you know you want to."

"Captain -"

"Come on, do to me what you did to Ramon -- I deserve it more, don't you think? Knock me out. Use your strength. You're big enough. Be a man. Show me how tough you are."

"Sir -"

"DO IT! What's wrong? Are you going to take it lying down? Man up!"

"Listen -"

"I know what you are. You're just a juiced-up knucklehead, a prissy sex club pretty boy, a woman's wet dream -- a girly sex fantasy -- not a real man who knows how to hang with men."

Pablo stepped forward, his jaw set, brow furrowed. "Sir, I don't need instructions from you on how to be a man. I don't need instructions from any man."

"Oh, yeah?"

"The fact is, sir, your idea of being a man is hanging out with guys just to drink beer, slap each other on the back. Smoke. Eat. Waste time. Tell jokes. Berate women. I'm not doing that."

Kostas grew angry. "Get this! You're just a seedy sex club worker -- I'm not taking orders from a guy who takes his clothes off for a living." Kostas pushed Pablo's shoulder. "Wanna start something, huh? Wanna start something?"

Pablo walked forward, stretching out his arm as he passed Kostas to avoid being struck. He quickened his pace, making towards the Disco.

"HEY!" yelled Kostas. Pablo turned back to him and faced him squarely.

"Staff Captain."

Kostas looked at him.

"I'm not fighting you. As it is, I'm late for practice. I've got to you. See ya." Pablo walked off.

"HEY!" yelled Kostas again. "Hey, you!"

Pablo ignored him and strode into the Disco. Carmen was there, fully dressed in a dance outfit -- a bright red, skintight dress, slashed to the thigh, with frills designed to sway around her she moved, high heels, big hair. She turned and glared at him. She didn't look friendly.

"Well, look who it is," sneered Carmen. "Come for your dance lesson, have you?"

"Let's start." Pablo glanced at her as he headed for the dancefloor.

"Ahem. I'm kind of surprised you're even still here."

Pablo looked over his shoulder at her. "Hmmm?"

"I think the Staff Captain's looking for you."

Pablo rose up to his full height. "Oh, yeah? How would you know that?"

"Well, you haven't exactly been in his good books lately, have you?"

"It's not my problem," shrugged Pablo.

"Oh, but it is," said Carmen, stepping towards him. She, too, stood up tall, about four feet away from him. "He's on a mission to knock you off this ship. He wants you finished here."

Pablo gazed at her, his jaw set. "I see."

"You'd better watch out."

"You seem to be incredibly well-informed, Carmen. How is it you know so much?" He was being deliberately sarcastic. He could feel something was up.

Carmen moved forward, standing right up next to him. "It's not me you should be concerned about." She prodded his chest with her index finger. "You're finished, Pablo -- FINISHED! I'll be glad when you're gone. I hope they'll be another male dancer more to my liking."

"One who'll bow and scrape and do anything for you."

"One who'll stick together with the Latinos, and not think he's someone superior, who hides away from his own people!"

Pablo raised his eyebrows at her, gazing at her to challenge her. "I think I've heard these things before. How concerned you are that Latin culture can't survive without you and I even seem to recall only last night how you told me all about your body and how you use it. This conversation is getting boring. Can we dance now?"

"I'm not dancing with you any more! FORGET IT! You're just an obstacle in my way now. GET OUT! Your time's up! You're leaving tomorrow!"

Pablo turned and walked towards the exit of the Disco. At the edge of the doorway, he gazed back at Carmen. "If this is about the Staff Captain, I've already met him. He threatened me and tried to start a fight down on First Deck, just outside here."

Carmen looked alarmed. "What! I didn't hear anything!"

"This Disco has soundproof walls, Carmen, so we don't wake up the passengers at night. Got something lined up against me between you and Kostas, huh? OK. Now I understand. See ya." He rounded the doorframe and walked out.

Carmen stood in the middle of the dancefloor, her brain scrambling for ideas.

"Carmen." A female voice suddenly broke the silence.

Carmen spun around. Just next to the DJ Booth stood a woman. "Marcia!"

Marcia looked at her. "You're so bad, Carmen. I can't believe what I just heard. You're actually conspiring with the Staff Captain to get rid of Pablo?"

Carmen flew into a rage. "It's none of your business!"

"OH, YEAH?" said Marcia, feeling annoyed. "Well, guess what! I'm gonna make it my business!" She marched forward. "I'm telling Dave!"

Carmen's hand shot up and pushed Marcia back. "Get back, you little piece of -"

Marcia pushed her away. "Get off me!"

Carmen staggered back but her high heels overbalanced her and she fell back onto the metal dancefloor.

Marcia looked at her quickly, decided she was all right, then quickly dashed out of the Disco.

"Marcia! Get back here!" Carmen scrambled to her feet, rushing to the exit. Removing her high heels and holding them in one hand, she ran up the stairs in her stockinged feet.

Marcia bounded up the stairs, feeling that the heavier Carmen wouldn't be able to catch up with her smaller frame. Heading for the Pursers Office, she ran along the corridor, taking advantage of its downward slope towards the centre of the ship. Arriving at the Front Desk, she saw Edward. "Call up the Cruise Director!" she gasped.

Edward's eyes opened wide, as he said, "He's right here."

Marcia looked and saw the back office. Dave was making photocopies. "Dave!" she cried.

Dave Richards poked his head out into the Front Desk area. "What?"

"Can I speak to you right now?"

Taken aback somewhat, Dave jerked his thumb behind him. "Sure, come round the back."

Marcia rushed through the glass doors, thankful that they would shield her, so Carmen wouldn't know where she was. In the narrow corridor between the Front Desk and the portholes of the ship, Marcia met Dave. "Dave, Carmen's trying to get Pablo fired -- she told the Staff Captain to try to fight him!"

"What! How do you know?"

"Pablo showed up for dance rehearsal in the Disco with Carmen and they didn't know I was there. She refused to dance with him and said the Staff Captain was going to fire him."

"Oh, really?" Dave's mood darkened.

"Then Pablo said that he'd already met the Staff Captain on the way to the Disco, who had tried to goad Pablo into hitting him, but it sounds like Pablo didn't take the bait."

"What the -"

"Dave!" Rachel Johnson appeared in the corridor. "This needs to be dealt with right now!"

"OK!" replied Dave. Rachel knew Banner was around so this needed to be handled fast. "So then what?" he asked Marcia.

"Pablo left, then I confronted Carmen about it. She threatened me, too, so I've run all the way here. She's chasing me but she doesn't know where I am! She'll be here soon!"

Dave lost his temper. "I've had it with this junk! Where's Carmen?"

"Looking for me!"

"Well, I'm looking for her! OK, Marcia, thanks -- don't worry, I'll handle this. Go and tell Pablo what happened."

"What if Carmen finds me?"

"I'll call his cabin," interrupted Rachel. "Don't worry, Dave, Marcia can stay with me. You go and find Carmen."

"Right!" Dave stormed out of the corridor, through the glass doors and out.

Carmen had run along the corridor about halfway but then realised that perhaps this wasn't the best idea. Not only was Marcia a faster runner but Carmen would immediately face Dave Richards. She decided against that and changed direction. She needed to find the Staff Captain.

Rachel dialled Pablo's cabin number from the Front Desk. There was no answer. "Hmmm!" she muttered. "Where is he?"

Pablo was in Lucia's cabin. He had told her everything the Staff Captain and Carmen had said.

"She's nuts," remarked Lucia. "If she doesn't dance with you, all four of us will get locked down."

"Plus the Staff Captain wants me fired by tomorrow."

Lucia was annoyed. "I'm sick of this!"

Just then her cabin telephone rang.

"Who's this?" She picked up the receiver. "Hello?"

"Lucia, this is Rachel, the Chief Purser. Is Pablo there?"

"Er, yes, he is."

"Could I speak to him?"

"Sure." Lucia passed the receiver to him. "It's for you."

"Hi, this is Pablo," he said.

"Pablo, would you mind coming up to my office right now? We have a problem." Her tone said it all.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be there in just a second."

"Thanks. See you in a minute."

"OK, bye."

Lucia took back the receiver, listened and found the line dead. She replaced it. "What's up?"

Pablo looked concerned. "I have to see the Chief Purser right now." He leant forward and kissed her. "Don't worry. I'll be back."

"OK. Tell me what happened, huh?"

Pablo opened the door. "I will." He went out and closed the door behind him.

Lucia sat there on her bed. What on Earth was Carmen up to now? She's in league with the Staff Captain! Now this was going to tip what was simply a private disagreement, a minor difference in outlook, a clash of values, into a huge problem where people could get fired. What was so important? Lucia thought of Carmen and wondered about her mental health. Why was this even an issue?

Just then, she heard a voice. A female voice.

"Staff Captain! Are you there?" It was Carmen -- out in the corridor. "Kostas?"

Lucia stood up suddenly. Right, she thought. Marching across her cabin, she opened the door abruptly and stepped out into the corridor.

There was Carmen. Right in front of her.

"Lucia!" cried Carmen.

"Carmen, what's up?"

"I'm just looking for Kostas -" she blurted.

"On first-name terms, are you?" demanded Lucia. "I didn't realise you two were so chummy. I didn't think he was your type."

"I -"

"Listen! I've heard everything. Pablo's just told me."

Carmen, still holding her high heels in one hand, shouted. "Where is he?"

"Don't shout at me! He's not here!"

"In his cabin, I bet! I'm going to see him!" She moved forward.

Lucia held out her hand, forcing Carmen to halt. "WAIT! Listen up!"

Carmen attempted to force her way past Lucia, but Lucia moved to block her path. "Get out the way!" cried Carmen.

"Are you nuts! Listen to me!" She held Carmen's shoulders, who yanked Lucia's hands away.

"Get off me! You and your stupid boyfriend are not going to get me fired! HE'S LEAVING FIRST!"

"Oh, yeah? Is this your plan -- getting the Staff Captain to fire Pablo? WHY?"

"I don't need to explain anything to you -- ESPECIALLY YOU! You know what, Lucia? You've been a pain in the neck to me ever since you arrived. I don't like you -- I don't want you -- I don't need you in my life! I want you out, too -- and, you know what? Maybe I will -- I'll get Kostas to finish you, too!"

Lucia took a step back, then confronted Carmen. "I've done nothing to you -- nothing! I've done nothing to make you hate me -- I haven't given you any trouble -"

"You're a champion dancer!" cried Carmen.

"I haven't done any dancing -- not since that first night with Ramon."

"I can't relax with you onboard -- you're a constant threat to my plans!"

"How can I be?"

"Because you're Pablo's girlfriend, stupid! He'll always want to dance with you -- I'll end up losing my job!"

"Is this the way you plan to keep it?"

Carmen jabbed a finger at her. "PABLO'S GONE! Tomorrow! If he refuses to be with me, then it's better he left! Then you won't be a challenge and I can dance with some other guy they bring on to replace him!"

"That's crazy -"

"You're in my sights, too! The only thing that's keeping you here is your Social Hostess job -- if you were a Dancer, I would have got rid of you long ago!"

"Oh, you would have?" replied Lucia, annoyed. "The fact is, Carmen, you've totally lost it!"

Carmen was enraged. "OH, I HAVE, HAVE I?"

Lucia pointed back at her. "This entire ridiculous scheme is nothing to do with Pablo or I and has everything to do with you and your insane insecurity!"

"WHAT!"

"Your whole plan is to consolidate your own position by becoming queen bee among the dancers -- banging on about being Hispanic and sticking up for Latin people? That's all so much blah -- everything's about you and your quest to control anybody and everyone by giving them favours with your body."

"OH, IT IS?"

"I'm suspicious -- how is it you're giving me so much trouble but Estella's OK? Let me tell YOU -- it's because Estella's bisexual, so you can control her - but I'm not, so you can't control me."

"Huh!"

"Also, you're absolutely terrified because I'm a dance champion, not a normal Social Hostess who's just a beautiful woman who goes around schmoozing. I didn't see you behave this way when Lisa was Hostess. Why wasn't she a threat? Because she wasn't a dancer, wasn't from South America and already had a bad life before she came here."

"What do YOU know about a bad life, Lucia? What do YOU know? You haven't seen what I've seen. You haven't had to do what I've had to do or experienced the things I've had to experience. Everything's been done for you -- you've never had to worry about where the money for the bills is gonna come from -- Daddy pays for everything, doesn't he?"

"That's not what this is about."

"Oh, it is, it is! You can afford to go to dance classes and win prizes just for flouncing around a dancefloor for a few hours -- I've had to learn to dance just to survive, to get off the streets, to escape from my family! I've had a horrific childhood -- I want to live! Pablo knows -- he's the same! That's why he's stupid to go with you -- you don't deserve him!"

"Pablo and I -"

"That's why he's leaving! I need to survive! If he's gonna be with you, then I can't dance! That's my job! Now get out of my way!" She roughly pushed past Lucia and stomped off down the corridor.

"Carmen!" cried Lucia after her. "He's not in his cabin!"

Carmen spun around. "Oh?"

"He's upstairs -- with the Chief Purser."

Carmen paled. "Oh." She turned back abruptly and rushed off down the corridor.

Lucia heard Carmen climbing the staircase. She decided she'd better follow.

Pablo was in the back office. Rachel and Dave were present.

"So that's what happened," finished Pablo, after giving an account of what transpired in the Disco.

"Hmmm, not good at all," remarked Dave.

"What's up with her?" asked Rachel. "This needs to be addressed right away."

"I went looking for Carmen but then got called back for this," said Dave.

"Sorry," said Pablo.

"No, it's fine. Rachel called you up and then told me to come here. I just wanna say -- Pablo, you haven't done anything wrong. You've been great, you really have."

"Thanks."

"OH, HE HAS, HAS HE?" shouted Carmen.

Dave and Rachel looked up to see the dancer framed in the doorway. "Carmen, we need to talk -"

"Yes, about him! I want to talk! Let's start!"

Dave stood up tall. "OK, what is it?"

Carmen stepped into the back office and pointed aggressively at Pablo, who looked at her in surprise, which gradually turned to annoyance as she spoke. "I don't think you should be giving jobs to people like him. Are you aware of his background? He's a piece of junk. Yes, he can dance -- but he learned it in strip clubs and sex parlours, ripping his clothes off to tease women, whom he later had sex with. You shouldn't be employing people like him, who don't stick up for other staff, try to lord it over others and ignore what was going on before he showed up. I'm a professional. So far, I've spent most of my time on this ship dancing with amateurs or else a guy like him with only a dance background that has something to do with sex work. I'm a proper dancer -- I don't dance with glorified gigolos!"

"I get it, Carmen," interrupted Dave.

"But that's got nothing to do why I called Pablo here," added Rachel.