Caribbean Passion Ch. 19

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh, really?" said Carmen, astonished.

"We weren't planning to come back, anyway."

"That's right," interrupted Pablo. "Mr. Banner, Lucia and I were planning to travel to Italy to see Venice, then do a tour around Europe. We agreed not to come back for a second contract but were planning to save our salary until the end of this one. What Lucia says makes sense -- if you were willing to make a financial compensation to Lucia about what happened before, we wouldn't bother Florida Tropical -- we would just shoot off and do our thing and it would be a done deal for you."

"That's right," said Lucia. "We could leave now."

"How about it, sir?" asked Pablo.

Banner leaned back in his chair. "Hmmm, well! This is totally unexpected! I guess that would be a quick and easy solution and relatively painless. Dave -- what do you think?"

"Well, it would mean my losing two more staff on top of losing the DJ already," considered Dave.

"I could make a call shoreside to expedite recruitment of a new Hostess and male dancer."

"OK well, that would help."

"Plus a new DJ, too."

"Sure thing. What about Carmen?"

Rachel interrupted. "She could continue dancing with Estella for now until a new guy comes on."

"Hmmm, I guess so," thought Dave, out loud.

"This is very good of you, Lucia," said Captain Papandreiou. "I haven't seen this before and admittedly, never thought of it as an answer."

"Thank you, Captain," nodded Lucia.

Banner stood up. "OK, let me think about it. I will give you my answer by tonight. I'll inform Dave, who will give you my response by around 5pm."

Pablo and Lucia nodded. "Thank you, sir," said Lucia, finally.

"Yes, thanks so much," added Pablo.

"OK," said Dave. "Back to your cabins, you two. Carmen, let me have a word with you for a minute. Madson and Stavros, thanks for your time. I apologise for this whole situation."

"No problem, Dave," replied Madson.

"I would best be getting back, too, everyone, if that's OK," remarked Rachel.

"Fine," said Stavros.

The five of them filed out of the Movie Room. Dave watched as Lucia and Pablo went downstairs to their cabin, followed by the Chief Purser, who returned to work. Madson and the Captain waved goodbye and strolled off to the Miramar for cocktails. Carmen was still crying softly. Dave turned to her.

"Dry your tears, Carmen," he said, softly. "See? It turned out OK in the end."

"I -- I don't know what to say," blurted Carmen.

Dave frowned. "'Sorry' would be a good start. To Lucia. And Pablo. And me while you're at it. Plus a lot of other people."

Carmen looked up at her boss, fearful he was going to be angry.

Dave didn't feel angry, but, he warned, "You had better be grateful for this, young lady. You very nearly lost your job! Banner was about to fire you before Lucia stepped in."

"I know," said Carmen, sadly.

"I still don't know what his decision will be but let's hope it's good. Now get back below stairs." His voice was quiet but firm.

"OK." Carmen, subdued, looked at Dave, then began slowly to descend the main staircase down to her cabin.

Meanwhile, Pablo had Lucia leaning against the wall on Third Deck. "You know, you're even more amazing than I thought last night."

Lucia smiled. "Well, I'm glad you noticed. I'm practically fabulous in every way, you know. Now we can live the life we dreamed of."

"But first -" said Pablo, then suddenly leaned forward and kissed her.