Carla's Bistro Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I explain, "In each one of these bumps they dug out a pellet. It itches a bit and I take aspirin for the pain. I am lucky." I wrap my arm back up and put my shirt back on. "I will be just fine in a few days. We will have a jar for donations to help Kim with the hospital bills. We are breaking in three new waitresses, please be patient."

Most everyone knew what they wanted. Take orders, get drinks, explain what to do with specific orders. Chris is very eager to learn; mom and Abby are seasoned veterans. Abby had been to the bistro before so when she saw the news, she figured now is the time to stop working at the place she hated and join us. Mom is awesome, especially with bantering with the customers. She has a smile on her face and is having fun.

Chris learned quickly and soon I am just an organizer. I help clear tables and get drinks but mostly do the seating and reminding them what to do. I am checking quality and talking to the people. It's quickly 2:00 and the place is empty. One reporter remains so I bring her a free lunch. She never ordered anything.

I ask, "Didn't get what you needed? All the others are gone." She says "Thanks for the lunch. My name is Jean.

She is a middle-aged woman, good looking but not stunning. She is a hawk, closely watching the place and the people.

Jean says, "I came here to finish my story about the crime. Yet I feel drawn to sit here. This feels like a love story and not a crime story. Your love for Kim is evident. And your love for your sister, helping her out like this is amazing. Your parents love by supporting you and your sister and now even Kim is unbelievable. A tragic event happened yet you seem unaffected."

I tell Jean, "I can choose to remember the event and what the monster did to Kim or the love I have in my heart for her. Which do you think I chose? What happened to me is nothing. I stayed in the hospital one-night, big deal. I don't know about my future with Kim. She left me for that guy and who knows how that will affect her emotionally. I don't know if we can continue together. What do I do? I have no idea. Can I trust her?"

Jean sat there speechless. She has no answers either.

I ask, "Did I get it right?" She looks questioningly at me. "The sandwich, did I pick the right one?

Jean laughs, "Yes, it is marvelous."

I ask, "You have been well behaved, you are cute, you seem like a nice caring person. Would you like a chance to interview Kim?"

Her eyes light up as I explain, "No pictures. I can get you to her room and introduce you to her mom. You will need both Kim and her mom's approval to do an interview. You got mine already. They can't afford the hospital bill, so I am bringing over some sandwiches and drinks for Connie and Meg, that's her mom and sister. Otherwise, they might have just a potato chip dinner from a vending machine. You mind helping me carrying the food and driving me?" She was speechless again but shook her head no, she had no problem at all.

I get up and place two orders to go with Carla.

I announce, "Abby and Chris, you were both great, you are hired. Carla has paperwork for you to fill out. You all need to eat, then there are dishes and restocking for tomorrow. I will get the trash. I am taking the two orders up to the hospital, Carla, can you pick me up on your way home?" She nodded yes. "I have a ride there so I will meet you at the hospital. I think pizza for dinner tonight, dad should have good news I hope."

On the way to the hospital Jean comments, "You sure are a smooth talker. They pointed me to Cruella's reviews. You got to her. The emotion was raw. I felt it today when you brought me lunch. The place captivated me with the cooperation and compassion. You made two people out of a crowd feel welcome."

I reply, "I think if you stopped and looked, you'll find that in many places. Watch the hospital nurses today. You are just used to the headlines and the bad that people do. Being good and decent doesn't make the headlines. It's the normal, the expected, so it gets no attention. You saw it today because it rammed head-on with a crime. For the last month, we have been the same, you just weren't here to see it. A lot of good happens in the world every day. You won't find a story there though."

Jean softly says, "Maybe there is ..."

(To Be Continued)