Carly's Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Jason, for being as smart as you are, you sure have a lot of fluff up there in that handsome head of yours! You know damn well that's not what I was talking about, you floated out of that hospital room like Cupid just shot you in the ass!"

"Did not!" I said to June, unable to suppress a grin.

June smiled sideways at me and wagged a finger. "Boy, you might be able to lie to yourself, but you can't lie to me. I've been around the block a time or two and I can see that you two are developing a thing for each other."

I think in my heart I already knew that was true, but it made my mind feel better about hearing someone else say it. I plopped down in the chair across from her desk and sighed.

"Yeah, I'm interested in her. But I feel really guilty about it, you know? We aren't supposed to fraternize with patients. I just feel like it's unprofessional."

"Well of COURSE it's unprofessional, you big lug! But that doesn't mean it's not right!" June said. "Besides, you aren't the only one," raising her eyebrows slightly at me and winking.

"June-bug, you?? You minx!" I said in mock disapproval.

"Yep!" June poked out her chest like she was wearing a badge of honor. "Four times, actually."

Now I was blown away. June hooked up with four patients. I was quiet for a second, so June elaborated.

"The first one was about a year out of nursing school, he was a fun fling but I knew it wouldn't really last. A few years after that, a girl close to my age and I went out for a few months before she moved away. Then I had a rebound guy I hand picked out of the ER, he was just a one-night stand. Finally a year later, another guy asked for my number when he was passing me after he was discharged. We celebrated our 25th anniversary last month!"

"Roger was one of your patients?" I knew June and her husband well, we'd seen each other at different events and I had even gone over to have dinner with them a few times. "And, unless mine ears deceive me... you referred to the one you dated for a while as 'she'?"

"She," June said and stuck her tongue out at me.

"I'm learning so much about you that I didn't know, June-bug! You've got some wild times behind you!" I said, still in half-disbelief of what I just heard.

"I do. Now don't call go telling all these little scrub bunnies that scurry around here all my secrets, they still think I'm a saint!" June said.

"Your secret's safe with me," I said, running two fingers across my lips like a zipper closing. "They'll never know your best side."

"Good. Now back to you. What are you going to do about that pretty little girl in that room?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I really don't know. I know I'm interested in her, she's gorgeous and smart and has a great heart, she's exactly the type I go for, mostly..."

"The part that's not 'mostly', being the fact that she's a trans woman," June stated to me affirmatively.

I looked down to the ground.

"Yeah."

"I worked a split, so I was in earlier today. I'm the one that helped her undress and get in the shower. She was nervous about it and so she told me when I came in, as if that's something I minded. That's how I know."

"Oh..." I said, my voice trailing off.

"Let me help you put something into perspective, Jason. You have a heart of gold, you care about people and you happened upon someone that genuinely needed someone like you. That's not by coincidence. Were you all of a sudden scared of her when she said she was trans?"

I thought about it for only a moment before I answered.

"Actually, not at all."

"So you only started to worry about it when your instinct wore off and you had time to think?"

I nodded at June. She was spot on, I was surprised, but not at all repulsed, and still wasn't. I just had so many concerns for me, and for Carly.

"Go with your gut, kid. You're a problem solver, so whatever happens, I think you'll find that it's not hard at all to deal with."

"Thanks, June-bug. You're the best, have I ever told you that?" I said.

"Not nearly enough, boy. Now get your hunky ass back in there and take care of that girl."

With that, I got up and walked out of her office and back to the nurses station. I was on the computer logging some information when the phone rang. It was June on the other end.

"Jason- Dr. DeLeon is on his way up to see Carly if you want to meet them in her room."

"Thanks June, I'll make my way over there."

I walked over to Carly's room and knocked before I opened the door.

"Carly?"

"Come in," I heard a sleepy voice say.

I walked into her room and to the side of Carly's bed, checking the monitors and her IV bag levels.

"Sorry for waking you, Carly. Just got a phone call, the Doc's on his way up to visit." I said.

Before she could reply, there was another knock on the door. "Ms. Sims? It's Doctor DeLeon. Can I come in?"

"Sure," Carly said, and the doctor walked into her room.

"Wow, you already look a lot better, I can tell the swelling around your eye has gone mostly down and you look like you're in a lot better spirits. How do you feel?"

Carly smiled at the doctor. "A little sore still, but it's not terrible. Nothing I can't deal with."

"Excellent. You're going to be sore for a few more days, but I wanted to go ahead and go over some things with you. First, you have one cracked rib, the other two just have deep bruising. We aren't worried about anything shifting around so there's nothing to do but just let them heal. We set your wrist bone, but it was only a minor fracture so you'll be in a brace for a month. The biggest concern for me was monitoring any brain swelling and watching for a bleed due to the concussion."

With a slightly worried expression, Carly said, "I've had a minor headache, but it comes and goes now. Is that bad?"

"No, not at all, it's actually great. It matches up completely with the CT scan we did this afternoon, and so I am no longer concerned about any further development. You just need to recover, and I think you'll be able to do that much more comfortably at home than you will here. I'm going to draw up your discharge papers, so you're bustin' out of here in the morning! How does that sound?"

"Sounds great, Doctor DeLeon. Thank you!" Although I noticed a hint of worry on her face, betraying what she was trying to convey to the doctor.

"Ok, great. We'll get you out of here around 7:00. Glad you're doing well, and don't hesitate to call us once you're at home if you start feeling worse."

With that, the doctor was gone, leaving Carly and I alone again. She looked forlorn.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing... I didn't expect to be leaving so soon." She answered.

"But that's a good thing, right?"

"It is."

And she burst out crying. I froze, unsure of what to do or say to her. So I just sat down eye level with her, so at the very least she knew she wasn't alone. She finally started talking, almost at a frantic pace.

"It's just I thought I had another day to figure this out, and I don't have any family or friends here and so I don't have a ride, or clothes, I don't want to go back to work looking like this, and I'm scared of going home and being all alone again!"

Running out of things to say, she collapsed back on the bed and covered her face, continuing to cry.

Meanwhile, my mind was made up instantly. All the questions, concerns, insecurities, and doubts I had evaporated and were replaced by my desire to make sure she knew she had someone that cared.

"No," I said, standing.

Uncovering her face, she looked at me.

"No? What do you mean?" She asked.'

"No. No, I'm not going to let you just go out that door tomorrow by yourself, back into a world of loneliness."

I continued.

"In the morning when they let you out, I'm going to find some clothes, then I'm going to walk you out of this place, put you in my car, and take you home. And then I'm going to stay with you there until you get back on your feet and don't feel the way you do right this second... if you would have me."

"I can't ask you to do that, Jason. It wouldn't be right, I feel like I'd be taking advantage of your generosity."

I said, "Well, it's a good thing you didn't ask!" I held her hand in mine, her tiny hand disappearing in my huge one. "So what do you say?"

A small smile began to slowly creep across her lips. She squeezed my hand, and didn't let go.

"I say yes."

I wrapped her up in a hug, careful to stay away from her hurting ribs. I wanted to convey to her everything I was feeling at that moment, and let her know that I would be there for her. While still hugging me, she turned her head slightly and whispered in my ear,

"Thank you, Jason."

Then she kissed me on the cheek.

Starting at the point where her lips touched my skin, a wildfire spread throughout my body, engulfing all of me, heart and mind included. I returned the kiss with one of my own.

"You're welcome. I'm so glad you said yes."

I separated from her just enough to look in her eyes, and saw that she was wearing the biggest smile I'd seen from her yet, and with flushed cheeks. I could feel both of our hearts racing.

"I am, too."

"Ok, Carly. I'm going to let you get to sleep for the rest of the night. While you're sleeping, I'll find some clothes for you, they'll probably be a set of scrubs, but it's what I can do in a pinch. I know a nurse about your size that wouldn't mind you borrowing an extra set from her. Then when they let you go, I'll go get my car and get you all loaded up."

"Ok!" Carly said, her spirits lifted. "Good night!"

"Good night to you, too."

With that, I left her room and let her get to sleep.

------------------------

With my shift over, I hit the employee locker room at the hospital and changed out of my scrubs into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Freshening up a little, I picked up the bag of clothes I borrowed from June and took them back upstairs to Carly's room.

"Knock knock, good morning!" I said, poking my head in the door and looking around the corner at Carly. She had only been awake for a few minutes, and I noticed she had some bed head, which in my mind only made her look cuter. She smiled at me, and then yawned, stretching her hands high above her head. I couldn't help but notice her nipples, poking against the hospital gown.

She told me good morning, and sat up in bed. I went over to the side of the bed to give her a hug, and I kissed her on the cheek.

"Sleep well?" I asked.

Carly, surprised by my kiss, blushed again and put her hand on her face where I'd just kissed her.

"I did, it was the best sleep I've had since I've been here! I think that has something to do with you." She said.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"Because when I was going to sleep last night, I tried for the longest time to worry about something, but I realized that I didn't have that issue. You took care of that."

I could tell that my face was reddening a little. I smiled at her, and said, "You ready to hit the road? I got all your stuff, we can go as soon as you're ready."

"Yeah, I have to pee real quick though. Can you help me get to my feet?" She asked.

I went to her side, and offered her one hand while steadying her good side with the other. Once on her feet, she could walk without any help, so she made her way to the bathroom. I picked up the bag with the scrubs and turned around to carry it to her for her to change.

The strings holding the hospital gown together down the back of her body were loosely tied, and I could see a small sliver of her skin, from between her shoulders, down her back, and finally, just a little bit of her small, perfectly shaped ass. I froze in my tracks and was mesmerized by her pale skin, peeking at me. I quickly regained what composure I could, and cleared my throat, holding out the clothes bag for her. She took it and closed the bathroom door.

A few minutes later, she walked out of the bathroom, wearing June's borrowed set of navy blue scrubs. They were just the right size, and this time, she caught me looking at her.

"What?" She asked me, with a sideways grin.

"Nothing- I uh... sorry. Those fit you nice." I stammered as an answer.

"Thanks! Let's go." She said.

"I already pulled my car down to the patient pick up spot, so I'm ready," I told her.

Per the policy at the hospital, Carly had to be brought down in a wheelchair, which she happily sat down in and let me push her down the halls. Down the elevator and through the front lobby, we came to a stop under the driveway cover in the front of the hospital.

"Alright, this is me." I said, stopping in front of my car.

I helped her out of the wheelchair and into the front seat of my car, then helped hold the seatbelt and shut the door. Going around to the driver's side, I got in and buckled up, then looked at her and smiled.

"Alright miss, where to?"

Carly laughed at my lame chauffeur impression. "Home! Actually, food first, please? I'm starving."

We picked up some food, then she gave me directions to her apartment. As we got nearer to her place, I began to realize that it was relatively close to my own apartment. When we pulled up at her gate, she unlocked by punching a code in her phone, and the iron drive gate slowly began to open.

"You're not going to believe this, Carly. I live literally three blocks down the road." I told her.

"Really? I love this part of town!" She said excitedly. "It's wild to know that we've lived this close to each other since I came here, and only met this weekend."

"It is," I replied, smiling at her. I found a parking spot close to her apartment and we got out.

She was a little slow climbing the flight of stairs to her door, holding her side and flinching a little on each step. I followed closely behind her, ensuring that if she slipped she wouldn't fall far, and she unlocked her door.

"Well, this is it." She said, dropping her keys on the bar.

"I love it, this is a nice place you've got!" I said. It really was. She had a one-bedroom place, pretty similar in size to my own, in a newer complex. It was nicely decorated and fully furnished.

"Ok, let's get you comfortable," I said to her.

"Sounds good. I'm going to change clothes. These scrubs are comfortable, but I'd rather wear something of mine... and have underwear on," she said, barely able to contain a laugh.

I turned red, half out of embarrassment and half out of imagining what Carly would look like if she were standing there in front of me, not wearing anything.

"Yeah, that might be ideal," I said, trying to recover.

"While I'm changing, would you mind getting the food out? We can eat when I'm done."

She went into her bedroom and shut the door, and I set to work, taking burgers, fries, and soda out of the take-out bags and putting them on some plates I found in her cupboard. As I put them on the table, the door opened and Carly came back out. She was wearing a t-shirt and a pair of cute shorts, and for the first time I got a good look at the shape of her body.

She had small breasts, although perfect in my opinion for her little frame, and a slim waist that gently flared into some wider hips. Long, slender and smooth legs. Her hair, which was a light brown color, was now brushed and flowing over one shoulder.

I was floored by her. Noticing my obvious stare, she giggled nervously and fidgeted a little.

"Sorry... you caught me off guard," I said.

"What, did you forget I was here?" Carly asked, sitting down slowly at the dining room table where I set her lunch.

"No, it's not that," I said, laughing a little. "It's just nice to see you in something other than a hospital gown or scrubs."

It was her turn to blush, and she smiled. "Do you really think I'm pretty? Like... really?"

I knew this was going to be important, and I didn't want to fuck this up, so I thought for a moment before I spoke.

"Carly, I really do. Actually, I think you're stunning. You are gorgeous, and sweet, and interesting. I have to be honest, I've had a strict policy against being attracted to people that I have had as patients, and I've kept that for six years, but I've known you for two days and I've broken it. I hardly even know you and I think you're special... I want to get to know you more."

A single tear formed in her eye and fell down her face. She was happy, excited, nervous, and terrified. I continued.

"You have been hurt before. Hell, that's the reason you and I ever crossed paths. You have seen the worst of people, while trying to find your true self. I want the opportunity to show you the best."

"I...I'm just so scared to get hurt again." Carly said, her voice shaky.

"I'm scared to hurt you, too. But one thing I will promise. I will never make you feel less than your worth. In my eyes, you're a beautiful girl, and I can't imagine a world where you've been anything else."

My heart was pounding out of my chest. She'd been hurt so many times, it had to have been difficult to hear those words and want to believe them, but doubt if she ever could.

"Thank you, Jason," she said, very slowly. We spent the rest of lunch in silence, both of our minds racing.

After we finished eating, I took the plates from the table and rinsed them, placing them in the dishwasher. Returning to the table, I offered Carly my hand, and she took it so I could help her to her feet. I led her, still holding her hand, over to the couch, where I sat down in a corner. She lowered herself into the seat next to me, then leaned her back against my chest. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, and felt her relax into me. She turned on a movie, but less than a half hour into it, we both fell asleep, Carly cuddled into me.

The sunlight coming into the window was beginning to cast long shadows as we both began to stir, waking up from a nap that lasted more than four hours. We both had been exhausted, me physically and her emotionally, and so to sleep so peacefully together was a gift to us both. I gave her a light squeeze and kissed the top of her head.

"Hey, sleepyhead," I said.

"Hey, yourself," Carly said, nudging a little closer to me and looking up with a sleepy grin. "Sleep well?"

"Yeah, I did," I said, "Do you know how good of a cuddler you are?"

"No, no one's ever told me," she said.

"Well, allow me to be the first. That's the best nap I've had in a long time."

Carly looked around the living room and at the windows. "What time is it?" She asked.

I looked at my phone. "Half past six," I answered her.

"Oh shit!" She said, sitting up suddenly, then yelling out in pain over her sore ribs. "Don't you have to go to work?"

"Nope," I replied, grinning. "I stacked my shifts this past week, so I'm done working for the rest of the week."

"This probably isn't what you imagined doing on your off days, is it?" She asked me.

"Nope," I said, "Not at all."

"Do you have plans?" She asked.

"Not really," I said. "I was pretty much going to veg out, maybe go visit my folks." As soon as I said that I felt a little pang of guilt, remembering that she told me her parents didn't talk to her anymore. She either was unfazed or hid it well.

"Sounds nice!" She said, cuddling back to me.

"Instead, I think I'm going to try and spend as much time as I can with this cutie I met at work," I told her. I felt her smile form on her cheek that was up against my chest.

"Mmmm, that sounds like it could be fun. What's she like?"

I recognized this game, and happily played along.

"Well, to be honest, I just met her the other day and I still don't know her that well. But what I do know about her so far, she's exactly my type. Plus, she's one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. I'm really hoping I don't screw it up with her."

She slid her hand up the outside of my shirt and rested it on my chest, next to her cheek.

"I don't think you will, Jason." I heard her say.