Catching Feelings Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It should probably be Jimmy's call then," Ethan pointed out, and Chloe reluctantly agreed.

Jimmy motioned for her to continue, saying, "Anything I can do to help Jeremy is worth it, though this is not how I intended for my parents to find out."

"You might want to tell them before the press figures it out then," Ethan told him.

Jimmy held his hand out to Wayne, who passed him his phone, "I guess you're not going to drunk-text your family now," Wayne said.

Chloe couldn't help but look at Wayne with a look that was part amusement, part affection, and Ethan pursed his lips together to keep silent, which he wasn't great at. Two hours later, the four of them made their way by car over to Jeremy's apartment after Ryder had contacted Ethan.

Ethan pulled out the spare key, deciding he wasn't going to wait for Ryder to allow them entrance. Jeremy was sitting on the couch with an expression that was both pained and annoyed, while Ryder Thayer, who looked just like Jeremy except older, that his eyes that were far more blue in color, and his hair was cut close to his head and styled rather than the kind of chaos Jeremy let his hair fall into, was standing near the couch with his hands behind his back and looked like he had been giving a lecture of some kind. Ryder was well-dressed in a suit that fit his athletic frame perfectly, while Jeremy was wearing black sweatpants and a dark blue tank top.

Ryder looked over at them in annoyance, particularly at Ethan, who just gave him a grin. "Why do you have a key to my brother's apartment?"

"For butt stuff, obviously," Ethan replied, and Jeremy chuckled.

Ryder narrowed his eyes. "Uh huh, and who pray tell is your little posse here? Oh, hello Chloe."

"This is Wayne, who is on the football team with Jimmy here," Chloe explained.

"Yeah, Wayne watches my ass semi-professionally whilst your brother does it more as a personal courtesy," Jimmy said.

Jeremy snorted and then immediately grimaced in pain while Ethan turned toward Jimmy with the kind of grin that said this was the best show he'd seen all year. Chloe moved through the apartment to get Jeremy's pain medicine and handed him a pill, which he gratefully took from her and got it down with some water. Ryder, though, was looking at Jimmy with his eyes narrowed.

"So you're the boyfriend," Ryder finally said. "Perhaps you could actually talk some sense into my brother and get him to just talk to the police. They already think he's covering for someone, as his injury doesn't quite line up..."

"Is it so hard to believe that I punched that fucker?" Jeremy asked him angrily.

"Yes, it is," Ryder replied, his voice flat, and Ethan gave a nod of his head to Jeremy from behind Ryder's shoulder.

Chloe looked at Wayne, reminding him with a look to keep his mouth shut. Jimmy caught the look and remembered the game plan just in time. "If Jeremy says he punched that asshat, then I am sure he did," Jimmy said, "Besides, clearly the guy deserved it after what he said to Chloe and Ethan."

Ryder sighed and sat down on the arm of the couch. "Jeremy, I'm just trying to protect you as best I can. Dad is seriously considering cutting off all funding for the rest of your schooling and your apartment here. You'll be on your ass, alone, without any way to finish school."

Jeremy shook his head in annoyance. "I don't care about his stupid degree. It's not even what I wanted to do. I wanted to get into psychology to help out LGBTQ youth, and you know it."

"Where would you live? How would you get food?" Ryder asked.

Jeremy shrugged. "Plenty of gay people sell their bodies to survive."

"Jeremy Silas, I swear to god," Ryder growled.

Jimmy started going through his pockets. "I've got $4.56 and some pocket lint, what will that get me?" Jeremy grinned at him, telling him he had a whole list of services for him personally.

Chloe crossed her arms. "Ethan and I could easily break our lease to get a better apartment. More rooms, and we'd never leave him on the street to starve. Check, sir."

Ryder was about to say something more when the phones of all of the people from rich society in the room started buzzing. Wayne and Jimmy's didn't, because they weren't subscribed to the same things as the others were, and the four of them pulled out their phones. Ethan nudged Chloe in the ribs lightly and she grinned, but Jeremy and Ryder both had shocked expressions on their faces as they read the headline and watched the video that had been released.

"Chloe, are you serious?" Jeremy cried in alarm.

"Well, your boyfriend is about to become major news," Ryder said with a flat tone. "This isn't a bad strategy though. The more bad press the Montgomeries have, the greater chance that Jasper will drop the charges because it's getting too hot."

"That's not the point," Jeremy complained. "I wanted to keep my relationship out of the papers!"

Just then Jimmy's phone went off. He checked his messages, then started texting rapidly. "Well, it's official, my family wants to meet you," Jimmy said to Jeremy. "I told them it's not a good time."

Jeremy faltered a little when Jimmy spoke, staring at him with wide eyes like he wasn't sure what to do with that. "Your friends barely tolerate me!"

"Apparently they're willing to overlook your gender considering that your family is rich. It's not a compliment, but I'll take it over homophobia right now," Jimmy said.

Ryder grimaced. "Let's not let the families meet just yet then. Dad will already be wondering if Jimmy isn't just dating you for your money. You aren't, right?"

"No, it's definitely because of his... wand, and the magic he does with it. He was showing me the ole swish and flick the other day and..." Jimmy trailed off at Ryder's shocked and disgusted expression. Chloe and Ethan were practically on the floor laughing though.

Jeremy was just glad he hadn't been drinking anything because he was sure he would have choked to death. "Ryder, he didn't even know who I was when he took an interest in me. My dick magic notwithstanding."

"Jesus, Jeremy," Ryder exclaimed. "Please tell me you aren't going to be making these jokes to our parents."

"No, because they're never meeting Jimmy," Jeremy said matter-of-factly.

"And how are you pulling that off with holidays and such?" Ryder asked.

"I'm never going," Jeremy replied. "Next question?"

"You can't just leave your family for a guy," Ryder chided, obviously annoyed.

Jeremy frowned. "It's not leaving them for a guy. It's refusing to take part in a family that hates me for my sexuality and for not fitting into the very precise box dad wants me in. It's refusing to be around a family who hates me for who I am. You don't even like me."

Jimmy didn't know what to say to all of this so he just kept quiet and sat gingerly at the table in the kitchen.

Ryder's expression softened as he looked down at his younger brother and he let out a sigh. "That's not true, Jeremy. You're my brother, and I love you, but it's hard watching you go through all of this, especially with dad yelling about the family image and how it's supposed to go. You're not the only person he's hard on. Honestly, I don't give a shit if you were fucking the whole football team. Have fun with that. I just want you safe, and choices like Jasper weren't safe. And I can't exactly look into Jimmy's family to make sure he's a good choice or anything."

"Jasper's family has nothing to do with what an asshole he is," Jeremy argued. "I mean, sure, his dad is good with manipulation, but it's mostly that he's a spoiled brat. He's never been told no in his life until now. Jimmy's not like that."

Ryder turned to look over at Jimmy for a moment, thoughtfully, and then went over to stand next to him where he was sitting, meaning he kind of towered over him. "So, if I asked you right this moment, to do a recording saying that you were the one who pursued Jeremy, and that you went into this relationship willingly and consensually, wanting everything out of it that Jeremy did, including sex, then you'd do it?"

"Yes," Jimmy said simply and immediately.

Ryder gave a nod to that and then looked at Jeremy. "Fine, but this is still really serious. You're looking at assault charges right now, which could come with a fine, jail time, and the necessity of paying back medical bills. And since you won't give up any names, they won't have much choice but to move forward with the charges unless he retracts them. I'll try to put some pressure on, but I need you to see how serious this is."

"What if we can prove he's lying, though?" Jimmy asked. "Doesn't that matter for anything?"

"If you can find a way to prove it, then I can ask for the charges to be dropped with prejudice," Ryder explained. "But you would need good evidence of it. How do you plan to get it?"

"I honestly don't know but he does like to brag. Chloe got him on camera doing it before, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to do again," Jimmy suggested.

Jeremy considered that for a moment before swallowing hard. "I think I know how we could do it, but it's definitely opening some very recent wounds." He looked at Jimmy in particular when he said it.

"Whatever we have to do," Jimmy said.

Ethan was already shaking his head. "You couldn't even fight him off when he kissed you before he grabbed your magic wand. If you go into the lion's den dangling yourself, what's to stop him from taking whatever he wants from you?"

"You're right, it's a serious risk," Jeremy admitted while Ethan looked exasperated. "It's also not the first time he's hurt me, so whatever he does, whatever happens, if it gets us what we need, then so be it."

"I don't intend to stand idly by if he tries anything physical," Jimmy said.

"If I have to meet him somewhere private to get him to talk, there might not be much you could do," Jeremy told him.

"As a lawyer and your brother, I cannot advise this," Ryder said. "But as someone who hates Jasper, I also won't tell you not to do it."

"Just make sure whatever you're recording with is streaming so he can't take the recording device after he realizes what's up," Wayne put in. "Little tip from my boys who get pulled over all the time because they like to drive while black."

"Actually, he makes a good point," Chloe agreed with Wayne. "It doesn't help us if he finds out you're recording and destroys it."

"Okay, we agree then," Jeremy said. "Are you going back home?"

Ryder shook his head. "Not until this is over. My friend is going to have to actually represent you because I'm not licensed in Ohio, but I'm not going to leave you on your own either."

"Thank you," Jeremy said quietly and Ryder patted his shoulder.

Now they just had to contact Jasper and plan.