Catching Up Ch. 03

Story Info
Running with the ball.
3.2k words
4.45
5.3k
12
0

Part 3 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 08/28/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Three: Running with the ball

I got in contact with my surprise benefactor. It was much easier than I thought as he wanted to talk to me. Even though he had retired from the big game, he still was a busy man.

"Rod!" he said as we talked by video.

"Kevin," I said as I was greeted by the man that had changed my life.

We exchanged a few memories of the good old days. I even talked about his professional career. Two playoff appearances with two different teams. One pro bowl nomination. It was something he was very proud of, with good reason.

"I have to ask," I said as things got settled.

"Of course," Kevin nodded.

"Why?" I knew it was something I always asked, but I had to know.

"Ask yourself that, man," Kevin said, shaking his head. "I watched you drop that ball," Kevin said, staring at the screen. "I watched you, you can lie about it, to everyone else, just like you lied about it that day, but I watched you. I was right there!"

I nodded. Kevin was right there. He was on the field less than a few yards away from me in the end zone. If I had caught it, we won, but I dropped it.

"See, that's the same look," Kevin said, shaking his head and pointing at the screen. "Same look when I looked at the ball on the ground and you staring right at me."

"You were, better than me," I said.

"Fuck you!" Kevin shouted. "No, I wasn't, not then! No, you were the man. No one could cover you; no one could tackle you," Kevin shook his head. He was angry. "All this," he said as he turned the camera to show the jerseys, balls, and medals. "All of it, should have been there, on your wall!"

I felt like I was getting yelled at by the coach all over again. "But you were scared," Kevin said. "Then when you faked that injury and coach gave me the ball and told me I had to take your place," Kevin nodded. "I did, I took that shit, and I ran, because I wasn't scared."

"Looks like it worked out," I smiled.

"Don't do that," Kevin shook his head. "Don't make it out like you made the right decision," Kevin said. "It wasn't until I retired, and I got approached to tell my story from the beginning, for a book."

Kevin shook his head. "I got to that point, the championship game, then I realized, my whole career was based on one play, you dropping that ball," Kevin nodded. "If you caught it, the scouts would have been all over you, if you didn't fake your injury, they wouldn't have even looked my way. And that tore me up."

I nodded. It was the reason I did it. "I didn't want it, you did," I replied.

"Bullshit!" Kevin smiled. "Bull fucking shit!" Kevin laughed. "You're so used to telling yourself that, that you're actually believing it. You keep forgetting I was there, I saw the look of fear in your eyes when you looked at those scouts, or when they asked you about going to the draft how you used to run into the bathrooms and puke your guts out."

I shook my head. "Yeah, you can keep telling everybody those lies, but you're looking at the one person that knew that big Rod Griffin was scared of the NFL, he was scared that his skills wouldn't carry with him into the big game, he was scared of the spotlight, but the real thing you were really scared of was, what if you were better, what if you weren't just good, you were the best."

Kevin nodded his head. "Yeah, those eyes just got pretty wide huh?"

Kevin's face was near the screen. "I know the real reasons. You were terrified that you were going to make it, that you would be high up in the draft, that you were going to be a star player, that's what you were terrified of, big Rod, dropped that ball so that scouts and everybody else would think he couldn't make the plays when it counted."

Kevin sat back. "Tell me I am wrong."

I couldn't. Kevin had hit the nail on the head. Since high school, I wanted to play in the NFL, went to college, and balled. I wasn't just good. I was the best at my position. I could catch anything thrown my way.

Then the scouts came, and I was ready. Then one day, we were all watching the Super Bowl, and all the announcers kept saying was the pressure was on these two players.

All my team players were saying how much they wanted it to be them, that they wanted the pressure, the game coming down to them. I sat there thinking about if I was in that position. It terrified me.

"So," Kevin said. His voice broke me out of my trance. "Once I realized it was you, that made my career what it was, I am not a person that likes to owe anybody anything. A simple search and I found you, and then I hired an investigator, it seems you have been dropping the ball, all your life." Kevin shook his head.

"Now, you can't," Kevin nodded. "I am picking the ball and taping it to your hands, you have a great place, paid for, a good job, that you will accept, and you are going to take the damn ball and run with it. Period."

"I don't know what to say," I said.

"Nothing, we are even," Kevin said, nodding his head. "Don't contact me again."

Kevin hung up his end of the video call. I sat there in silence as I wondered if he was right? If all those jerseys and memories should have been mine.

I hardly ever thought about it. Once I left college, I never looked back until now. Seeing Kevin sit in that room with everything behind him made me wonder if I could have done all of it. Could I have made it?

I felt the familiar sensation of my cat rubbing against my leg. "Okay," I nodded as I got up and got her food.

I had a big day tomorrow. I was meeting with Jackson. Kevin was right. From this day forth, no more dropping the ball.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"This way, Mr. Griffin," the lady said as I got to the address given to me.

I followed the young lady down the hall and into a row of offices. "Mr. Kingsley is out of the office at the moment," the lady said. "But he told me to set you up."

"What exactly do we do here?" I asked as we entered a small corner office with a view of downtown.

"We are the superior choice of agents for all athletes, no matter the sport," the lady said.

"Agents?" I asked as I sat down.

"Most," the lady nodded. "Mr. Kingsley has said that you will be talking to those that are undecided, and potentially helping them make the right decision."

I nodded and settled in; the lady that showed me around was named Celeste. She helped me get started. She showed me the ropes and what I was supposed to do.

I took my first phone call to a senior college player, thinking of going pro in Soccer. Like me, when I was in his shoes, he was undecided and weighing his options. It was nice to talk to him about his dreams and aspirations.

It took a few more calls until I got the swing of things. By the day ended, I was more than comfortable with what the company wanted from me.

"How was your day?" Celeste asked as I left my office.

"It was great," I replied.

"Good," Celeste nodded. "If there is anything I can do for you, just let me know."

"Thank you," I smiled.

It was a nice drive back to my condo. Things have been looking up for me since I made the move out here. Even though it had been initially to visit an old college friend, it had changed to a lifestyle change.

I hadn't heard anything from Carl since I told him I wouldn't go in with him.

I saw a woman standing outside my door when I got to my floor. "Hello," I said as I approached her.

"Rod?" the lady smiled as she looked at me.

"Yes," I said as I looked at her.

"Helen," she said as she looked at me. "Helen Cloud?"

"Okay," I nodded.

"You might know my ex," Helen said as she leaned against the door. "Carl Timmons."

"Right," I nodded.

"He told me about you, and I thought I should thank you," Helen said. "May we go inside?"

"Sure, why not?" I shrugged as I opened the door.

Helen sauntered inside as I stood behind her. She wore a tight skirt that stopped at her thighs and thigh-high black boots.

"Nice place you got here," Helen said.

"Thank you," I responded. "Want something to drink?"

"Yes, please," Helen said as she sat on the couch.

She took off her small jacket revealing a tight top that showed a lot of her cleavage. She was nowhere near the size of Alicia, but I could tell in the way she sat back that hers were natural.

"All I have is some water and some beer," I said as I looked in the fridge.

"Water will be fine," Helen said.

"So, what is this about?" I asked as I gave her a bottle of water.

"I'm the ex-playboy model," Helen smiled. "He told me he boasted about me?"

I nodded. She looked the part. Dark black hair and green eyes and a body that could turn heads.

"When he told me you turned down his offer, it set alarm bells inside my head," Helen smiled as she looked at me. "You see, since I got away from the, shall we say magazine lifestyle. I had ventured into real estate."

"You were the one trying to sell the houses he flipped," I nodded.

"Exactly," Helen said as she crossed her impressive legs. "After the news about the contractor and then the failed inspections, he told me that he was getting another partner that would turn things around."

"Me," I nodded.

"You," Helen smiled. "So, when you backed out, I decided it was time to count my losses and cut my ties and run."

"He didn't take that well, I take it," I said, knowing Carl.

"I didn't stick around to find out," Helen nodded.

I felt sorry for Carl. He was trying too hard. If he took all the effort to make it big and put it into saving himself and counting his losses, he might turn things around.

"I am sure he is already thinking of another plan," Helen said.

"The wrong one," I said as I sat down.

"Oh," Helen said as she moved closer to me. "I didn't come here to make you think you needed to feel sorry for him."

She said as she put her hand on my knee. "I came here to thank you for opening my eyes," she smiled as she looked at me. "I turned a blind eye to many of his so-called flaws, because he was charming as well as, and I hate to admit this, good in bed."

I smiled. Carl had always pulled in the attractive women. Most weekend nights, I had to put something in my ears or sleep somewhere else as he would have different women in his bed, and rhythmic thumping and noises would keep me up.

"He was always a lady's man," I nodded.

"Well, not this lady, not anymore," Helen nodded.

"What are you going to do now?" I asked.

"I have a few ideas," Helen said as she sat back.

"Good," I nodded. "Well, I am glad I could help, I guess."

"Oh, you definitely did," Helen smiled. "Without you, I would probably still be trying to look past everything, and still be his ...."

"Arm candy," I said as I looked at her.

She was stunningly beautiful. From her perfect smile. Ample chest and tight stomach, no wonder she had posed for magazines. Maybe I could look her up after she left and view some of her work.

"Precisely," Helen said with her hand still on my knee. "I might have been young and stupid to pose for magazines, but I am older and wiser now."

Again, she stared right at me. "So, thank you, I appreciate it, and if there is anything I could do...."

Helen's hand had shifted to my crotch. "I see," she said as she looked down.

"Sorry, it's just that, you're...." I started to say as she felt my hard dick.

"Maybe we should go somewhere, where there is not prying innocent eyes," Helen said as she looked up at my cat staring down at us.

"Oh," I said as I nodded.

"I can definitely help you take care of that problem," Helen said as she stood up.

I led her back to the bedroom and closed the door. "Now," Helen said as she dropped to her knees.

I quickly undid my belt and dropped my pants. "I thought as much," Helen said as she promptly took my dick in her hands. I moaned loudly and leaned against the door as she expertly started to suck my cock.

The sounds of her mouth working its magic on my dick filled my room. 'I definitely loved this new move,' I thought as I looked down at Helen sucking my dick back and forth.

I loved the look of her dark black hair between my legs as she sucked my cock like it was the last one on the planet. Back and forth, her head bounced, twisting and turning. I could feel myself going down her throat as she pushed her head tight against me.

Her hands went up my legs and grabbed my ass as she pulled me into her. She finally released my cock from her mouth with a loud gasp.

"You ever wanted to fuck a play bunny?" she said with a smile.

'What kind of stupid question was that?' I thought to myself.

There wasn't a man alive that hadn't thought about fucking at least one of the bunnies in one of those magazines.

"I take that as a yes," Helen said as she saw my dick throb with excitement.

Quickly she got up to her feet as her clothes fell off. "Leave the boots on," I said as I followed suit.

"Of course," Helen replied as she climbed onto the bed.

She laid out flat on the bed as she spread her legs wide and grabbed the heels of her boots. I slid into her tight hole. And gasped immediately. If Alicia was like a vice, this was like a pinhole.

"That's it stretch me out!" Helen shouted.

I quickly started fucking her as hard as I could. Helen kept her legs stretched wide as if she was doing the splits.

"Fuck me!" she yelled as I pounded into her.

The bed creaked loudly as I gave her all I had and more. "Harder!" Helen shouted as a woman possessed. "Fuck me with your big black cock!"

Helen's grip on me tightened as she released her legs and wrapped them around my waist.

"Holy fuck," I said as her legs cinched hard around me. Squeezing my body tightly.

"Keep fucking me!" Helen said with wide green eyes.

I tried desperately to get her legs to loosen their vice grip from my waist. Finally, I got them free and placed each one on my shoulders.

"Yes!" shouted as I pounded deep into her.

I Watched as her big natural boobs bounced all over her chest. The harder I fucked, the more she screamed and yelled.

I was sure everyone on this floor could hear Helen screaming all of her words at the top of her lungs, but I didn't care. I was fucking a playboy bunny, and I was going to give it everything and then some.

"I want your cum," Helen said, gripping my face and pulling me down. "Now!"

Gone was the cute and friendly woman that talked to me so nicely in the living room. Her face was twisted into a wild woman that craved sex.

I pushed deep inside of her and let go. Helen's eyes closed as she felt my cum being shot deep inside her.

Slowly I released her legs from my shoulders and fell to the side of the bed. "Thank you," Helen said in her normal polite voice.

"Shouldn't I be thanking you?" I said as I caught my breath.

"Oh no, it's been so long since I have been truly fucked," Helen shook her head. "I am truthfully thankful."

"I thought Carl," I said, looking at her.

"He has a huge cock, and a very talented tongue, when he wants to use it, but that is not always the case, usually he is just a two-minute fuck,"

Helen shrugged as she sat up. "Bathroom?"

"That way," I pointed.

Helen gathered her clothes and went into the bathroom. "Besides the last time we were together, was over seven months ago," Helen said as she started the shower.

"Wait," I said as I entered the bathroom.

"You were with him seven months ago?" I asked as I watched her through the glass of the shower.

"Yes, everything else after that was purely business related. Especially after I saw him at a party with his new toy, the blonde?" Helen said.

"Alicia," I said.

"Yes, I think that's her name, she does movies, I think," Helen said as she rinsed the soap off her body.

"Yeah, she called it off with him also," I said as Helen came out of the shower and took the towel.

"Smart woman," Helen said. "I don't think they were fucking though," Helen said as she began to towel herself.

"Why is that?" I asked.

"He always called me, or one of the other many girls he had laying around asking for, well you know," Helen said as she started to get dressed. "Kept saying she was a prude and saving herself for marriage."

I smiled. That is why Carl wanted to marry her. And as for Alicia, saving herself for marriage. I could tell him that was a lie as she had bounced on my cock the first night we met.

"Kept turning him down, huh?" I said as she was fully dressed.

"Yeah, I kept telling him I was with Jason, but he wouldn't take no for an answer," Helen said as she looked at herself in the mirror.

I followed her out of the bathroom and into the living room. "Who's Jason?" I asked as she picked up her jacket.

"My husband," Helen said.

"You're married?" I exclaimed. I looked for a ring but didn't see one.

"Yes, I hate wearing rings," Helen said as she pointed out a small chain around her wrist with the name Jason on it. "Don't worry, this will be our little secret. I got your number; we will have to do this again and soon."

Helen waved at my cat and opened the door to let herself out. I stood in shock that I had just fucked a married woman.