All Comments on 'Caution vs. Careless'

by ttt59

Sort by:
  • 126 Comments
SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

Don't mater if he owned the house before they were married. He can't kick her out. Updating the prenuptial would require her signature. Brodie is a boys name. Not one of your best. Nothing but LW cliches

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Good one! I wonder how she butt dialed?

5

lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

where is the mild btb? All he did was leave her, thats not btb

AbovethecircleAbovethecircleover 1 year ago

Same old drill of a cheating wife but the butt dial plot device was to new to me. Was effectively done thus the 4.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Awesome!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

You've got to love how she gets ejected from a 23-year marriage with absolutely nothing.

It was nice to see the big-dick boss got bent over and reamed in a divorce as well.

When seeking revenge, dig two graves - one for the slut and the other for her lover!

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

Great. Simply fair and clean. 5⭐

A divorce and we move on.

No BTB.

No RAAC.

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Okay. Thing is, he's so unaffected. Most of us would be shattered. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

All said and done what was necessary

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 1 year ago

i never understand, " the that's it! After 23 years all i get is nothing"......ok bye bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Same old BS. So he keeps the home. He cannot kick her out to the courts finish her case. 23 years together and such a prenup. Since these stories are made to sound real. This will take time and court sessions with expensive lawyers to resolve.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not much creativity. Too many overworked phrases and situations.

iammweaseliammweaselover 1 year ago

I love the premise, his lack of anger or emotion took some of the wind out of it.

I think what hurt this the most, and its what every BTB writer does, and its the use of "cucky" husband, "cuck this", "cuck that", the over used "Who's pussy is this?" routine and they clearly are a lazy way to rile up the reader, more so than the story does in and of itself.

The cliches really took a bite out of what could have been a really good BTB story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

SunnyU2 - if you look up Scottish girls names you'll see Brodie, just like it is spelled in this story. Also, it's fiction so the legal side is up to the person writing the story. Give it a rest!

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 1 year ago

How much life would be better if all dissolution of marriage involving adultery turned out that way?

'In love, but caution'

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 1 year ago

... 'In love, but cautious' should be the 'Trust, be verify' of the 21st century.

Nice flash, author. Thanks for the share.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 1 year ago

@lujon2019: as you said, divorcing and enforcing should not at all be classified as BTB. Even kicking her out is not in that ballpark.

However, telling their whole family and her lover's wife? Yeah, that's some BTB, mild one for sure, but a bitch and a bastard definitely got burned there.

Remember: BTB is everything above simply walking away from a marriage that will hurt your soon-to-be ex even more. So, IMO, the tag is correct.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Short and to the point, nice!

Seeker81Seeker81over 1 year ago

Nice,simple and clean

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story!

"As for love, I know you love what I provide, and I know you love your children. I know you love the country club, the American Express gold card I pay for, and the beautiful red Lexus RX 350 I got you for our last anniversary. I now know why you love a job you don't need, but please stop insulting my intelligence and be truthful. There's no room for loving me in your heart. "

Five stars for pointing out that a woman's concept of "love" is nothing more than is a fickle extension of her desire for emotional validation and most importantly "material fulfillment".

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 1 year ago

No real anger, no real emotion after all that betrayal, lying and disrespect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

“Finally, your carelessness probably includes forgetting the prenuptial agreement we both signed all those years ago. I've kept it current over the years, out of caution of course.”

—-

Just a nitpick…..but anytime he updated that prenup to keep it “current”, he would have to get her signature on it 😎

.

Nice effort. Nothing new, but always enjoy reading an ant-cuck tale!

.

4 ****

kiteareskitearesover 1 year ago

Short but good.

I find it amusing that it only takes 30 minutes and 1 further visit to untangle a marital home after so many years (not just you ttt59, it's a common trope). 30 minutes to get enough together for the mean time but weeks to sort out the rest (from bitter experience)

Thanks for posting.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Ian was resolute and decisive. Her can go find a better woman. They are out there. Keith of course has a future appointment with a tire iron. Has to be done...

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 1 year ago

"Soon this was followed by the obvious sounds of disrobing." - I suppose you don't HAVE to disrobe to have oral sex, but it seems unusual, although then we wouldn't get the butt dal, LOL.

\

"I love fucking in your car" - I don't believe that anybody LOVES fucking in a car. Some have no choice, but that's about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nothing new here, though it’s well written. Because the story is so short there’s not much character development or emotional involvement. Given that constraint, it’s a good short story.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Great Flash story. 5 big ones.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 1 year ago

"I've kept [the prenup] current over the years, out of caution of course." - Wouldn't she have to sign off on any updates?

\

@Boyd Percy, she butt-dialed because they were still dressed while they were making it out. The phone was probably literally in her butt pocket.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

Nice one.

I really enjoyed it.

No violence.

Nice.

Thanks ttt59

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pretty ordinary cheating wife stuff

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGoover 1 year ago

Clean and quick. Nice flash story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you! I really like your work. But could you please write at least one that is truly a BTB (for the wife and her lover) and another that is an RAAC. I haven't seen either of those from you and would really like to see your takes on them.

patilliepatillieover 1 year ago

by the books btb, these get almosst as boring as the ridiculous cuck stories.

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

This gets me so irritated... It's like she didn't think what she did was wrong or that divorce would be in the cards. It's too bad the story ending with no more divorce dialogue or aftermath

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

Brodie? What a weird name for a woman.

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 1 year ago

That is how to leave a marriage. Im still trying to find a good excuse for why a person cheats on their partner. I think sometimes a person who cheats should just sit back and say..."because I could..." or maybe "because I wanted to.." instead of all nonsense these characters spout. Also im curious how the wife cheated on hubby for three years and he didn't notice.

OdiouserOdiouserover 1 year ago

Your writing was skilled if the storyline was stilted. Can't like it much.

KarnevilKarnevilover 1 year ago

A good and novel idea, but lazily executed. It could have been much more but once again we had the same old, totally rediculous, loving wives BTB trope. The overheard phonecall or conversation, the secret discovery where the guilty parties just happen to describe everything they're doing and everything they've done, all their plans and all their secrets. Does that ever really happen? Of course not. But it seems to occur in every other story in the loving wives category. Lazy thinking and lazy writing. Yes she got just what she deserved but in the end he didn't care about anything but his money, which seems to be another BTB trope nowadays.

BTW, no contract, even a prenup, can be altered without the consent of all parties.

OPrimeOPrimeover 1 year ago

Good story, Thanks

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

A good short, thank you.

4/5

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

For 3 years of cheating, Ian is just too damn nice to like. His revenge should have been nuclear.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

What a waste of time. Seriously if you can’t think of oven one thing that is original maybe you should not bother. Of course it was his grandparent’s house, of course they had an iron clad pre-nup, of course he found out due to a quirky error on her part. Of course he was so damn clueless that his wife could carry on an affair for three years and he never noticed…

njlaurennjlaurenover 1 year ago

Not really much of a story or anything that makes it different. The wife gets the Martian slut ray ,cheats for 3 years,demeans hubby and he finds out. The wife is a cardboard cutout and he is just there.

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Great story, covered it all very succinctly. Strange that a story about a man who definitely wouldn’t be cuck by an accomplished author brought Odiouser out of his cuck hole to belittle it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oh boy, I'd love to be her lawyer!

For the information of any readers who share the husband's adolescent fantasies (and the comments suggest that quite a few do) he is about to get creamed in the courts. Prenups are great things but are worthless if judged unreasonable. Premarital ownership may entitle him to get the house but he can't throw her out and its value will be included in the settlement. As for 'being more careful next time' that certainly applies to him at least as much as her.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyover 1 year ago

@ Demander

Although I've never been married, a few people in my life, both family and friends, have betrayed me. The friends, 50 years plus, I ghosted. I 'll always be civil to my family but now I know who I can and can't trust. I know it's popular in this category for men to go completely off the reservation as if they have no control over their emotions whatsoever. But there are men in real life who can quickly assess their situation and make necessary changes without it becoming a soap opera.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Not bad. It was a little too concise for me, like it was a snippet from a longer story. I did like what’s here. 4*

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 1 year ago
quote please stop insulting my intelligence unquote

What a dumb cliché

Totally unnecessary and you detracted from your story by using it

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cute story of who, when, where, and how. What's with all the near sighted authors who lack the wit and imagination to explore the most compelling aspect of any adultery story: WHY? "The kids were getting older, and I was feeling lost. Keith just swooped in when I was weak." And you think that explains everything. Unbelievable. Well, kids do tend to get older, or they die. Why did her children not dying make her feel lost? And what did she lose that her asshole boss helped her find between his legs? And she was a loyal loving faithful wife and mother for 20 Years, and then became a cruel disrespectful contemptuous monster and her boss's slut, for three years, and the dumb shit cuck never had a clue until she phoned it home? Martian Slut Ray? At least you could have interviewed the Martians, or her parents and children. Nada. I mean the slut was So Stupid that she forgot about the prenup? Again, a cute way of discovering he married a whore who just needed the right person and opportunity to express her despicable nature. It looks like he got what he married, so he got what he deserved. We didn't. But thanks for the effort.

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

I hate the forced dialogue where the lovers supposedly unknowingly spew everything about their affair as the cuckold listens. This was particularly annoyingly written. 3 stars.

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefutureover 1 year ago

Alas using a celeb in LW isn't usually a norm, as for the writing when I first started reading it I thought 2 best buddies one was fucking the others wife, so was it cuck story, with the name Brodie, wait this was a same sex story, or Sissy/CD/Trans, and the kids were adopted. Spelling and misplaced words bring my rating down from a 5 to now a 2, purely because using a Celeb, not portraying what sex each was, so little description about the wife. Was Brodie a bloke, who had a sex change, or was his arse this Keith's pussy, so very confusing.

andyinozandyinozover 1 year ago

Ignore the critics.

Sure, it wasn't perfect. But it was very entertaining.

5⭐s

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's not "Mild BTB".

Let me explain, I loved the story btw. Even if it's short. Men value certain things, and women other things more so.

For a man this is mild btb. Men learn through physical pain and hard labor. Women value status above all things. It's different mating strategies really. Men compete by spreading their seed far and wide. Women compete by finding the BEST man possible to help raise her children. Marriage is a compromise between the two.

She lost her MONEY, HOUSE, FAMILY'S RESPECT. That's a lot of status....gone. Poof! Yes, she still has a job....maybe. But men value work, not women. She lost her 'big dick' lover. That hurts too. Men don't care about pussy, just find a new one. Women are far more likely to pair bond with an affair partner. Another ouchie for her.

Also women value how they see themselves. It's why women will invent a million and one reasons WHY they cheated. Men just don't care, so their excuses are somehow...even more pathetic. Because while women really want to believe their bullshit excuses...men just want new pussy. With that recording, she can't hide behind w/e excuse she's trying to uphold. And her husband doesn't love her....at all...anymore. That'll hurt her a lot.

And trust some random guy that's dated a lot of women. When you're emotional about dumping a girl, she secretly loves it. She'll lose respect for you, but she loves it. When you dump a girl without any emotion...she HATES it.....but she respects the shit outta you. She'll get very pissed and frustrated not knowing why someone as amazing as she was dumped by you. It eats at her ego. So much so....don't be surprised if she tries to make you jealous a year or two later.

He dumped his wife in a way that seems mild to men, but is acidic from a woman's perspective.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

FTDS Did she fight till the death for them what happened to her boss did he get a beating etc? Did she have a mental breakdown and commit suicide or did she actually move in and create a new life with big dick keith? Like i said FTDS 1*

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 1 year ago

Nicely done. It’s interesting the things people will say when they think nobody is listening

sdc97230sdc97230over 1 year ago
I wouldn't even call this BTB

He isn't doing anything above and beyond the terms of the law and the prenup. It's merely consequences. All of which she would have been aware of when she signed the prenup.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well done 5/5

waratahwaratahover 1 year ago

Basis is okay, but just say the phone 'dialogue ' out loud.

No one talks that way, it's like they're trying to explain their affair to someone who came in late.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

3 stars for a barely adequate BTB and really just because he divorced the SLUT. However, after 3 years I do not believe the SLUT or ASSHOLE would waste 5 seconds talking about the unknowing cuck. They would be too busy enjoying their erotic adventure, the destruction of two more marriages, their financial losses and the loss of respect from family and former friends. Sucks to be them, just one more example of gross stupidity and greed.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Meh, average at best. The divorce is not an adequate payback for 23 years, not by a mile.

redboat7redboat7over 1 year ago

Great story. I loved the but dial. I had a similar thing happen to me. It was an eye opener..

I also think he could have gotten more revenge..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Barely mediocre, sorry. First, well, after years of it going on, why would the fuckheads talk about their affair like that?

Second, pretty damn unemotional all around.

Third, three years of cheating, and that's all the payback he's gonna take? (I know in the real world that's probably gonna be his only option, but come on, we're in fictionland here.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

When she’s fucking her boss, you ABSOLUTELY have her served at work! Unfortunately these days in most jurisdictions, the husband may not be able to sue her company, or win much if he is able, but he definitely can embarrass them. Wage a public relations war, and give upper management nightmares. Things like: “Do you want to buy from a company that allows managers to screw married employees?” Or: “They say that they didn’t know what their manager was doing. If they are that incompetent, is it safe to buy their products?” It’s very easy to shame companies these days. Create something catchy, and it’ll go viral.

ZK

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

On one hand, I want to give 5 stars for BTB. On the other hand I REALLY hate the whole noble BS of "I wanted to give the bitch her dignity so I didn't serve her at work". She deserved JUST that and nothing more. So only 4 stars

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

Hmmm ...

I would be alright with a little revenge here.

But after probably 20 good years together

I'm also alright with this outcome.

What's more important to me,

is a good idea put in one fine plot.

And delivered well.

So this flash story gets top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Pretty common theme but nicely written. 4*s.

fredbrownfredbrownover 1 year ago

Damn, short and sweet! He sure doesn't have a sense of humor, does he?

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

A "feel good" story! Loved it. A real man doing what he has to do even if it kills him to do so. A true slut, so smart and sure of herself, until she has nothing.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 1 year ago

I understand that the husband doesn't want to know the "why" about the cheating, but as reader I would like to know. And I would like to know what happened further on. How was her relationship with the rest of her family? What happened to her lover?

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

How many more stories have I to read, were the house was the husband's before marriage. All of this story as been written time and again in other stories. Not one word is original 1*

Bri29Bri29over 1 year ago

Loved it ,but as Infosaugar said it would be really interesting to read the back story of this and how it all pans out for everyone involved.

CindyTVCindyTVover 1 year ago

Nice story and a great ending.

PlayswellwithotherswifesPlayswellwithotherswifesabout 1 year ago

I have a friend that this actually happened to. He is in the middle of a divorce now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

1 week to get his ducks in a row after finding out he's married to a slut. Love that fact above all else. None of that "I needed more proof so I waited 6 months while she fucked everyone in the neighborhood" bullshit.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

As a recovering "Reality Nazi," if the author says he could update the pre-nup, than he could update it.

\

It's a mild BTB because she lost everything.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice, to the point, & decisive. Wonder, tho, how she fucked the boss for 3 yrs & he didn't know; not an impossibility, I'd wager. 5 stars Bob

fairway9fairway9about 1 year ago

I enjoy your writing and stories. Please keep writing. I will look forward to more good stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

She thought she could be unfaithful with no recrimination. If it wasn't for that butt-dialed phone call, she probably would've fucked up in another way, thereby "telling" her husband of her activities. Although I'm amazed that he didn't suspect within those 3 years, I suppose it is possible. But I loved his swift action after finding out & not putting up with her bullshit. A fling? No, a decided course of action of betrayal & total disrespect- in her having/ loving sex with her boss & allowing him to call Ian a cuck.

I must note, tho, that several times, sentences were missing some words, or just incomplete. Writing "it's" instead of "it is", among others, would save the word count (if that's an objective) OR make the story a bit more readable. Just objective criticism on my part. However, for the story as written overall, 5 stars.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 year ago

Brutal but well deserved. Nice to see how the cheater got a screwing she wasn't expecting, lol.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good, except for the over the top way they spoke when they were fucking. Just not realistic, especially for cheaters who have been doing it for three years.

Ocker53Ocker53about 1 year ago

A good story, well written, like the author of the previous comment said, a little to Pat that they confessed everything on a one off butt dial phone call after literally fucking probably hundreds of times in 3 years, the chances of that happening would be similar odds to winning the lottery but putting that aside, still worth 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I really like BTB endings unless mitigated by explicit circumstances. 5 stars.

Bill S.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 1 year ago

Some minor editing errors, missing words, also, poison is a toxin that gets into the body by inhaling, swallowing, or absorption through the skin. Venomous is when the toxin is injected into you. Venomous snakes, not poisonous. Yeah, I'm that kind of guy. Really good story, though. 5* from me.

MattblackUKMattblackUK12 months ago

Enjoyable read. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Weak

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Strong

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

You cheat! Fuck Off!!!! Great story that is easily the best one page story on lirotica...

Elias1Elias112 months ago

Five Stars... good btb ... keep writing ... if the wife cheats, she should be divorced at least.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A very decent quickie . Thank you.

oldtwitoldtwit12 months ago

Oh so short and to the point, nice way to come back at the cheating couple

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Brodie skank...good riddance

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Short and sweet

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

To the point but he should have served her at work...she had no respect for him

deependerdeepender11 months ago

I suppose that, due to the extremely short length of these stories, it is necessary for the cheaters to tell the readers exactly how long they've been cheating in the very first sentences of their very first recorded tryst. But it always sticks out like a sore thumb...one that has been bashed several thousand times. Very rarely, an author finds another way to clue the reader in.. Sometimes the author states that it doesn't matter. It matters to most readers because it can gauge what the offended spouse's reaction should be. LW has established a continuum from a drunken grope to twenty years and bastard children. Somewhere between the first and second time, the BTB'ers get into full cry while a RAAC becomes untenable after two or three bouts.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit10 months ago

I liked it!

5-Stars

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good to see he had a little self respect.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous