All Comments on 'Cecilia'

by wajawhiii

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Your resolution does not fit the theme of your story. If extramarital sex is only for procreation then it lends that having Cecilia ask for a "favor" again would result in her getting pregnant out of wedlock. If it's such a great secret then a pregnant widow is surely a bad idea. Thomas is not of that religion so they are certainly not getting married.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Oh, I also forgot to mention that if the practice had been going on for a hundred years then there is no way there was a small gene pool. It also defies logic that the secret was never found. Blood typing is often enough to figure out. Either the men knew and were getting strange to maintain their pride or they were killed off when they found out which is why Jacob is dead.

You decided to place rules for the society in which your story exists. You can't deviate from it or verisimilitude is lost. You also can't expect readers to ignore obvious narrative gaps and plot holes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I am getting so sick of these bullshit stories where sex is mandatory to achieve fertilization. If you must get pregnant in this situation, in vitro gets the job done and does not subject the husband to what can only be considered humiliation and emasculation. AngelRider also makes some real fine points.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a slut. She has a stable marriage to a man she doesn't love or respect? What a lying, cheating whore. Why would the women be the only ones with the right to broaden the gene pool? A husband living in the world as just another heathenight meet and convince a woman to have sex and then work to get custody of said child. And if the sole purpose of the sex is only to procreate, why are these old cunts talking about how she'll never regret it? Never regret cuckolding and disrespecting her husband? How sick is that? No wonder these people keep out of the public eye, if they were visible we'd be appalled by their behavior. Sort of like mormans marrying off 10 year olds to 60 year old guys.

Bham487Bham487almost 2 years ago

Haha. Women coming up with excuses to be sluts. What’s new?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It never ceases to amaze me how some readers can completely miss the point of the story. They express outrage and yet continue to read the stories. I have personal experience with something very similar to the setup of this story. It may be a surprise to many but there are tightly knit religious sects that engage in exactly the activities described. They haven't been identified by the author and I will not identify them here either. What is new here is the reaction of the protagonist in the story. I do not think she is expecting to get pregnant as a widow. Misharacterizations of Cecilia, labeling and name calling say more about the commenter that it does about Cecilia herself or the author.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

To that anonymous individual. Doesn't matter if there are real religions. It doesn't really matter if Cecilia was based upon a real person. Cecilia was presented as devout and that women were expected to procreate and are married young. She made an arrangement with Thomas to have babies. The men in the religion were never to know and it to never be discussed. You say she doesn't intend to get pregnant. Uh huh. They clearly don't believe in contraception. She is clearly young enough to get pregnant. The story is about secrets. It may be on a sex site but this isn't erotica.

As for being disbelieving about the nondiscovery, I don't believe it. A high-school science class would be enough to prove a child and father cannot be related for some people. I.e. a type A person and a type B person cannot have an O child. Rhesus factor is also an indicator. It's very easy to learn ones blood type.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very good story.

ToughSailorToughSailor6 months ago

Hallelujah. Having grown up amongst a community of Mennonites really appreciate the fabric of this story. I am, however, somewhat confused as to her calling Thomas after becoming a widow . . . .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous