Centaur Love Ch. 07

Story Info
Mathew and Felicia try to convince the elves to go to war.
21.3k words
4.77
5.1k
9
0

Part 7 of the 15 part series

Updated 01/28/2024
Created 10/07/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This part is a little long so 'bear' (pun) with me, the ending is a little darker than I am used to writing, and is something I never have written about, nor personally explored. To the anonymous emailer, and the rest if you want to know, I do own two American Quarter horses, no, I don't have any carnal knowledge of them, sorry, this is all fantasy. To the rest, enjoy and feedback is always welcomed. All mistakes are mine to own. I don't think I have to say it, since I don't know any under aged Centaurs, but everyone is over the age of 18.

Mathew woke with an arm around Felicia's pastern. He rubbed her hoof and played with the ruff around her front fetlock. She clipped her hoof several times trying to get the annoying thing playing with her hair around her leg to leave it alone. Felicia waved her leg then tapped Mathew with the hoof, saying, "stop it." He rolled out from under her and got up. It was still dark, but several hours until sunrise.

"Mathew, what are you doing up this early?"

"I wanted to shower and eat before your father and brother arrived, plus I wanted to get the house ready for our absences."

"Do we have much to do, to get it ready?"

"Not much," Mathew replied as he folded his blanket, "just close things up and divert the water channel to the bypass, but that is just throwing the lever in one of the kitchen cabinets."

He started a fire in the stove and put a large pot of water to boil. After his shower and a quick shave, he gave the bathroom over to Felicia. He dressed but left off the heavy leather practice leather jacket. He gathered all the magic books and placed them back into the glass cabinet locking it, then closing and locking the magic room. After a breakfast of porridge topped with blueberries and tea. Mathew helped Felicia into her gambeson then scale mail. He went to saddle the mare and gave her a trough full of grain. He raked the pens and side yard and disintegrated the horse dropping before locking the barn up.

With the mares leads tied to the post in front of the house he was tying his travel saddlebags to the back of the saddle when he felt Sir Fellis and Tarn enter the Clairvoyance. "Your dad's at the crossroad Felicia," he called out to her.

Felicia came out with their two travel bags, "The house is ready for you to lock it up."

Mathew rolled his trail duster around his travel sleeping bag and tied it to the saddle. He went inside and shut the door. He first went into the kitchen and pulled the divergence lever that sent the water down a side channel that didn't run under the house. The second lever closed another one-off from filling the cistern as well. In the coat closet next to the front door, there were three iron bars that he placed into the slots locking the door from the outside. Taking his bearings and plane he blipped outside. Sir Fellis ran up pulling a packhorse with Tarn pulling another. Morning Sir, morning Tarn."

"Mathew, Felicia," Sir Fellis called, "Good morning are you all ready to go?"

"Just have to tie on or travel bags daddy," Felicia replied.

Tarn walked up pulling the other packhorse with a lighter load, "Moring Mat, morning sis."

Sir Fellis threw the leads of his packhorse at Mathew and reached in for their bags helping Felicia. Mathew tied those to a ring on his saddle. Once Sir Fellis finished tying their bags on, he took the leads from Tarn and tied them to the other pack horses pack frame. Mathew pushed all three horses into a close circle, then he drew a chalk circle around everyone. Mathew asked Sir Fellis about the weight of his and Tarns plate armor and arms. What was in the packs and any magical items? Sir Fellis had teleported several times and knew the drill. As Mathew was mounting his mare Felicia handed Sir Fellis a small towel to lay over the pack horses face as she did the other. Mathew mentally calculated the points once again, then looking into his crystal ball to fix the location and plane relative to his current location. He nodded to everyone and started the spell.

Mathew put them within a mile of the edge of Woodshome. The small clearing must have been a wayfarer's stop. There were several fire rings scattered around the open glade. The road was a wide hard-packed path the lead into Woodshome heading north, further south the road split, one heading west towards Freetown and the other road heading south to Midvale over Angles pass. Sir Fellis gave the packhorse several minutes to settle down from the teleport before pulling the face cover cloths. Also to give Mathew some time to relax as well from throwing such a large spell.

Tarn who was the most excited was asking Felicia all sorts of questions about his first trip through the astral plane. Felicia knew enough about it to answer some of his questions after sneaking a peek at Mathew's book of teleportation. Felicia read that if a mage commanded the klatha to open an astral gate below them, and targeted a new one at a specific place that he or she was familiar with the klatha would gather everything within the chalked circle and move it to the target location. But the mage had to calculate the weight, size, and composition of the materials being moved. Iron and other things like magical objects had to be calculated in. The spells basic description told the mage to always put in an extra fifteen percent of klatha to cover anything unknown to the mage.

Sir Fellis handed Tarn two bags where he went to fill both of them with rocks. He secured them to the pack horses leads and untied both setting the weighted bags on Mathews and Felicia's saddlebags. "Mathew, Felicia I am going to have both of you run in the middle, Tarn and I will switch off covering the front and rear. Ok if everyone is ready straight down this road to Woodsheart."

They started off at a slow canter, it only took them a few minutes to reach the edge of the forest. Once under the canopy of mixed oak and evergreen trees, the air was slightly cooler. The forest floor was not densely packed with trees and they could see several hundred yards off the road. They varied between a trot and canter for several hours, each of them scanning the road and surrounding forest. The further they went the oaks starting disappearing until it was solid evergreen trees. Over the next several hours the trees got bigger and the canopy got thicker.

They found a small wayfarers clearing just before noon. Sir Fellis grabbed a small shovel to clear out a fire ring as Tarn went looking for small branches and twigs for a fire. Felicia filled a pot of water and got out a five-grain bag that her mother prepared. Mathew filled three nose bag for the mare and pack horses. Tarn laid a bunch of branches into the fire pit and getting his tinder out to light them. Mathew walked over and said a small spell and dropped a fireball into the pile. The small twigs and branches flared up as they took fire. Tarn jumped back and gave Mathew a dirty look, "That is cheating Mat."

Mathew grinning, I could put it out and you could start it with your flint and steel if you have a moral objection here Tarn."

"No, I am ok..., this time. But next time could you make it look a little harder?"

Mathew nodded, "Ok I will grunt and groan next time will that make you feel any better?

Tarn looked up at the sky, "Yes that will make me feel better."

Sir Fellis laughed at them, "Why don't you two take this philosophical argument back into the woods and find us some more wood.

Tarn followed Mathew to the edge of the open area, as he picked several branches he laid them over Tarn's back. "Hey what are you doing?

"Hey I worked hard to get the fire started, I am tired now, so you could carry the heavy stuff as I relax."

"Oh I see how it is, you flick your wrist, perform a little magic, and what you get out of all the hard work now?"

"Yes," Mathew said as he loaded another bundle onto Tarn. "That should be enough for lunch." Mathew steadied the load as they made their way back to camp. Felicia added a few more branches to the fire. When they burned down to coals she put the pot on to cook. After a quick clean up they loaded up and move on.

They made Tarth Midlarn, the halfway point, Sir Fellis called out with several hours of sunlight left. "What do you think Mathew?" Sir Fellis asked. "We could continue on and maybe make another fifteen miles or stop here for the night?"

Mathew looked around, the cleared out area under the tree's had established fire rings, and there were several wells spaced around the area. This was the main caravans stop in or out of Woodsheart. But since the attack on Freetown, there hasn't been any caravan trains coming or going. There were several large piles of cut wood. And several covered wells scattered around the clearing. "Obvious we are making better time than any wagons, we should reach Woodsheart before sunset. I say we stay here where wood and water are in supply."

Sir Fellis agreed. They made camp near one of the wells with the smallest fire ring. Over dinner, Sir Fellis was talking about a watch schedule. "There will be no need Sir, I will cast a Clairvoyance spell that will give us several minutes warning. It will wake me if someone enters its range. Sir Fellis sipped his tea asking questions and limitation of the spell. Satisfied, Mathew cast the spell. It felt strange that he could still mentally picture the farm with its running spell and this new one. He licked his finger and added two klatha to the farm's spell.

Mathew was woken at sunrise, he felt two individuals enter his spell. He stood up, Felicia was right next to him and Johnathon and Tarn next to her. Waking Felicia, woke Johnathon and her brother. They had slept head to tail with each one facing the opposite way. With Felicia anchoring them with her hooves touching Mathew. Mathew whispered two visitors and pointing towards the trees. Sir Fellis nodded and knelt pulling his bow and handing Tarn his. They were out of range for most archers, Sir Fellis insisted on not making camp near the tree line for this reason. Both bent their bows and stung them.

Mathew slipped on his leather jacket, then he pulled his sword but lain it on his bedroll. Looking at Felicia, he went over the misdirect missiles shield. "Put half of your klatha into the spell." Mathew stood standing scanning where his spell said they should be. The sun rose above the rim of the world and his spell failed, he forgot to renew the spell, like he did the farms last night, he had no intention of keeping the one here running. Now he was blind.

Mathew was just about to recast the spell when Sir Fellis saw two figures emerge from the forest edge. Both were dressed in mottled leathers in browns, greys and dark greens. Sir Fellis un-knocked his arrow and whistled three times. The strangers whistled back as they walked towards them. As they got closer Mathew could see both were elven rangers. Their mottled armor was designed to blend in with trees and stone. Mathew could see each stood around six feet. Both had that strange human-looking face, with tight small lips and small noses, both had deeply tilted eyes and long pointed ears that raked backward slightly that all elves share. Both elves were lean men in their tight fitted armor. Both had longbows slung over their backs and each carried different style short swords.

As they got within shouting distance one called out "Ho strangers, who be you, and what brings you to Tarth Midlarn?"

Sir Fellis laid his bow down and held out his hands, I am Sir Johnathon Fellis, former general to King Leopol, this is my son Tarn, my daughter Felicia, and her mate Mathew Lindrose Guntherson. We journey to Woodsheart to seek an audience with Eldar ReLanna."

The two rangers walked up and bowed to everyone. Mathew bowed back as Sir Fellis, Tarn and Felicia knelt since bowing was difficult for centaurs. "Sir Fellis your presence in 'oak meadow' was known to us there has been talk to have some consult with you over a small problem we have been having. Mathew Lindrose, of the Lindrose clan, our Eldar has expressed concern for you and family how is it with you and your family?"

Mathew nodded, I am well Sir, the farm is safe, but I bear sad news, both of my parents have passed on to the ethereal. Both rangers bowed, "Forgive us for mentioning the dead. We did not know. We will honor their memory. Tarn Fellis, Felicia Fellis Lindrose, we welcome you to Woodshome. I am Jaleel Silverbranch, and this is my friend Zane Goldenroot. We welcome you all to our home.

Mathew looked at Sir Fellis, who slightly nodded yes, "Jaleel Silverbranch, Zane Goldenroot, well met. As I said we come seeking council with your Eldar. I think our shared problem is the same."

Jaleel grinned, "If it bleeds green than I say we do."

Sir Fellis nodded, "Then it appears so, we receive word they came to your forest, I hope the damage was minimum."

Both elves bowed their heads, "It has been many generations, of men, since the copper blood has come down from the mountains to raid. Our vigilance had been lazing, we only had a moment of warning, and many paid the price for our lacking. Our people fought unarmored and many were wounded. But our people fought valiantly and managed to drive off the hoard."

Sir Fellis nodded in respect, "My herd faced a small scouting party. We had some warnings but four of my people have passed on to the great herd in the sky. And Mathew lost his parents, but it was their sacrifice that gave us time to armor up and meet them in battle."

"No greater words could be said of someone who gives their lives to protect the people, we will honor their memories. Our people clamor for revenge for those that were lost, but our Eldar councils patients. But many have sharpened their swords and prepare for war, many think this was just an opening move in their game."

"I believe so," Sir Fellis said.

"We will not hold you up with idle talk of war. Especially if you bring council to our Eldar. Zane and I must finish our patrol. We will send word to Woodsheart of your impending arrival in our special way. Places of rest will be made ready for you."

"We thank you for guest rights Jaleel. Cannot you and Zane at least stay for tea?"

"No Sir Fellis, we must not tarry in our patrol, many have forgotten the old ways of war, and the few that remember must teach the young, and those that are left are spread thinly over our home to give warning if trouble should come. As you know, stay on the main road and you will come to Woodsheart. I am sure the Eldar will send someone to escort you in. Till we meet again Sir Fellis, Mathew Lindrose, Felicia Lindrose, and Tarn Fellis. Well met, may the forest bless you in her bounty.

Mathew watched them as they made their way to the forest edge, once they stepped in he lost sight of them. Then he heard Tarn clear his throat, "A little help here ole wise mage."

Mathew turned, Tarn had set a large pile of small branches up in the fire pit. Mathew added several grunts and groans to the spell as he dropped the fireball into the woodpile. "Mathew," Felicia called, "Would you like your morning porridge thick like you like it, or will the centaur way be ok?"

"If you don't mind dear?"

"Not at all I was just asking not knowing if we need to get moving right away."

Mathew was about to answer when Sir Fellis said, "Don't make your mate grow a second set of legs Felicia, he is somewhat unique only being a half of centaur."

"DADDY!" Felicia exclaimed, "Be nice to my Mathew."

Mathew and Tarn only laughed. When Felicia handed him the pot of thick porridge she had ladled on a thick layer of Strawberries. Mathew looked at her. "You were out of oranges so I grabbed a jar of strawberry for your porridge this morning."

Mathew laughed, "That is fine dear. I didn't know you brought a jar of strawberries, thank you for thinking of me." Felicia smiled as he kissed her.

After breakfast, they loaded up and headed deeper into Woodshome. They were making good time, Sir Fellis pushed them a little longer in canter only slowing to a trot to give Felicia breathers. He kept varying the pace, calling it the Centaur long march. Mathew's mare had no problem keeping pace, she was slightly longer in the leg than Sir Fellis and Tarn. Mathew pulled a strength booster potion and handed it to Felicia, who looked at it, he nodded yes and she opened the little earthenware bottle and downed it in one swallow.

Mathew had forgotten to give her one yesterday and by the time they made camp, he could tell she was exhausted. Her legs were quivering and he could tell she needed to lay down, but in her pride, she worked through the pain not saying a word. Mathew was so proud of her it hurt. The potion didn't give you superhuman strength but boosted your endurance by magically increasing your blood's capability to carry oxygen and increasing your lungs ability to reject the nitrogen in the air and taking in more oxygen per breath. The potion only took a few minutes to start working, her gait became stronger. It was now Sir Fellis and Tarn who had to work the hardest to set the pace.

Sir Fellis watch the exchange then nodded to Mathew with a discreet wink. They stopped for a mid-day lunch on the side of the road. Mathew heated several rocks instead of lighting a fire, he had Felicia cast one of the spells, she was only able to add a half of dozen klatha to the spell, but with him putting in about three-quarters worth. She would be able to cast that later when her reserves caught up. Sir Fellis added a soft beef jerky to their lunch for a protein boost. As soon as they finished eating Mathew dropped several cold balls onto the rocks to cool them, several cracked with the rapid cooling.

Sir Fellis pushed them a little harder after lunch and just after the third hour, they met a mounted patrol from Woodsheart. All the elves wore shiny plate and carried full lances topped with small banners proclaiming them, the Eldar's guard. The knight in charge held up his hand. "Sir Fellis! You and your party had made great time. We just left Woodsheart an hour ago."

Sir Fellis nodded, "Greeting Sir Knight and well met. And yes our need is great to speak with your Eldar."

"Then let us proceed at haste Sir Fellis. The knight in charge turned his troops and they surrounded their party and started off down the road. Mathew noticed many of the knights look down on Felicia in wonder. Sir Fellis urged the elven knights into the centaur long march. They made the edge of Woodsheart in less than an hour. As they started into the outskirts of Woodsheart, Mathew started seeing things, a broken wall here, a burnt down house, and or barn off in the distance. War had found the peaceful people of Woodsheart.

As they started descending into the valley, the heart of the Elven nation, the destruction of war was more evident. Some of the houses and barns inside the patchwork of open fields and tightly pack trees were just piles of foundation stones where they once stood. Some field walls were already being rebuilt, as were several of the water canals. As they rode closer to Woodsheart the devastation decreased. Mathew could almost pick out the point where the eleven people stopped the goblin army.

For the next half hour, they rode closer to the center of Woodsheart. Mathew could see people turn to look at them, nearly all were now arm with bright swords. Hands drifting towards their weapons until they recognized the palace guards and guests. There look had some sadness in it. Mathew knew these gentle people had suffered from the goblin attack.

The knight directed them to two tall guest houses just for Centaur visitors. "Our Eldar has set these houses aside for your use while you and your party are here Sir Fellis. My Eldar bid me to tell you that she will be happy to receive you this evening for dinner and light conversation. Then afterward in council if that is acceptable Sir Fellis?"