Centaur Love Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sir Fellis knelt, "Tell your Eldar we will be happy to dine with her and will be happy to take council with her this evening."

The Elven knight bowed from the saddle, "I will send someone for you and your party to show you the way."

The Knight turned to Mathew, "Mathew Lindrose, my Eldar wished that I extend her deepest of sorrows to you for your loss, and she bided me to tell you that her roses are in bloom if you require a place of solitude and peace. Also please unload your horses and I will send a groomsmen to collect them for you."

Mathew bowed, "Thank you Sir Knight, and will you thank your Eldar for me, her concern and thoughts are much appreciated at this time."

He bowed and then motioned to his men to follow. Sir Fellis walked over and untied Mathew's and Felicia's bags. "Tarn and I will take the pack horses and store everything at our place. Mathew that comment about roses?"

"Yes," Mathew said nodding his head, "I think it was a subtle hint that the Eldar would like to see me before our dinner."

"Will you talk to her about the goblin problem? I know you said you had private chats with her all your life."

Mathew looked up at the canopy of tree branches, he had enjoyed the times they talked. He thought, maybe it was her way to unwind and not have to talk politics or worry about the Elven Nation for a short time and just be herself. "Sir Fellis, I know why we are here and what it means for us to convince the Eldar into joining with the centaurs. But if she doesn't bring it up Sir, I think I should wait until the general council meeting tonight, and just enjoy our friendship this afternoon."

Sir Fellis stared at Mathew with a faraway look. He slowly nodded his head, slowly yes. "Then Tarn and I will see you and Felicia tonight. Mathew carried the two bags inside the centaur house. Felicia was already trying to get her armor off. The buckles on her greaves were too tight for her to undo. Felicia looked frustrated as he walked in, "Mathew can you please help me, I can't get the buckles undone. My legs are swollen.

Mathew kissed her, "I would love too." Then knelt and pried the straps back so he could unbuckle the greaves. As he got the first one off he rubbed her leg from the callosity down to her cannon. Then turned to take off her other greave. Then he asked her to turn sideways so he could do the belly straps, and flank strap of her armor. The last was her rump strap. He leaned in kissing her butt cheek, Felicia tried to swat him with her tail. "We don't have time for that right now. One I am too tired to play, and we have to get you cleaned up for your date with your elfin mistress."

Mathew laughed but proceeded to undo the side buckles of Felicia's armor so she can get it off. Once she was out of hers he started on his as she started to wash herself at the center sink. Once Mathew had his off, he helped Felicia wash where she couldn't reach. He could tell she was tired and in need of a nap, if she was going to be, good company tonight at the dinner. Once she was washed and dried he shooed her to a sleeping stall to rest. He washed and shaved, then cleaned up the mess.

Dressed in one of his finer outfits he was about to leave, Felicia handed him his sword and dagger. "Put these on, I know you don't need them, but I would feel happier if you are at lease armed in case of trouble."

Mathew nodded and belted on the sword, he noticed Felicia had her spellbooks out, "Stay out of your spellbooks love, and take a nap. Tonight is going to be a long night."

Felicia shook her head yes, "What about you?"

"I should be ok, I was sitting all day, and you were the one running all day." Felicia allowed Mathew to walk her to a sleeping stall and guide her in. "Take a nap, I should be back shortly to join you." Felicia nodded yes.

Mathew headed to the northern end of the palace complex. The palace complex was a set of official buildings surrounding the main assembly hall that was open to all. Each building had an open-air feel, most were built using fieldstone and wood. All buildings had large windows and movable walls that opened to let the outside in. On the northern side was a stately manor house that faced a large rose garden. The first Rose was brought south with the first human King that came to the southern continent. The rose was going to be planted in the new summer palace, but the Eldar of the Elven nation was so enamored of the red flower it was given as a gift. Since then it has become a tradition that when a new variety is bred or found that one is sent to Elven Eldar.

The current Eldar was considered a Master Floriculturist. She had cultivated several roses that now bare elven names and were highly sought out back in the north. The Rose gardens covered all of the north side palace grounds. Mathew walked into the rose gardens after nodding to a palace guard who stood near one of the entrances. He had spent many of hours in the garden tilling the ground or pruning Roses with ReLanna. He had wanted to bring some home to plant around the farm, but since roses were a northern plant and considered an invasive species, and Dragon Claw only grew on the southern continent, his mother advised him that they shouldn't be near each other.

Mathew walked the path to the miniature rose section. He always loved them more than the full-size ones. Like his love, Felicia, these little roses were perfection in size and beauty. He stared at the plot, several of the roses need trimming, the, their tiny blooms had past and needed trimming off. He didn't have the small shears needed to trim them, but he had that itch to trim them.

"Yes I know they need trimming Mathew, but with matters of state taking precedence, I have not found the time to trim them."

Mathew turned, the Eldar of the Elven Nation stood behind him staring at the same roses he was. He turned and bowed. The Eldar stood just over six feet, she had long golden colored hair that flowed down past her tiny waist. Her deeply tilted green eyes held him with a faint smile. She wore a long satin dress in black, the color of mourning. "You have grown Mathew Lindrose, more than in stature alone." Taking his hand she said, "Come." She led him down a path to her breeding plot. She led him off the path into the plot to a set of purple rose bushes. Mathew recognized the first one, he helped ReLanna splice a mid-night Rose to a faded Bi-colored white and red rose last year.

The new younger rose bush stood behind the grafted rose bush. The blooms were red tipped with a purple base. "I was going to call this new species M. Lindrosa. In honor of you and your help bringing it to life. Mathew stared at the young rose, he had help ReLanna over the years to bring this color to life. His mother always encouraging him to work with Eldar when he came to Woodsheart.

Mathew stared at it, and thought of his mother, tears slowly came to his eyes. "I would be honored, ReLanna," but ask, if you would name it 'Carolina Lindrosa' in memory of my mother instead.

ReLanna smiled. An elven name for an elven rose dedicated to your mother Caroline. So the whole world will never forget the beauty of your late mother. When I send a cutting of it north, I will let them know that this Rose will forever be known as Carolina Lindrosa. She pulled him to a nearby bench and with hundreds of years grace she sat, pulling him down to sit beside her.

"Much has changed in your life Mathew, you have grown in ways that no mortal eye can see. Then I heard this world has taken the ones you love, I felt sad for you. Yet I hear it has brought you a new love, or is this the woman who had stolen your heart the last time we talk?"

Mathew smiled wiping his eyes and a handkerchief, "Yes ReLanna, it is, Felicia and I have proclaimed our love to the world, but some, I fear, will be biased, of our relation. Although her father gave his blessing, and his herd has accepted us. I fear many humans and some in Midvale will not."

ReLanna nodded yes, "Some here might hold those same feelings, Mathew. Bigotry is not only a human or centaur thing. You two must rise above it to succeed. I am told she is a tiny beautiful woman."

Mathew looked up smiling. ReLanna laughed, "I don't need your response, 'amicus meus'. I can see it in your eyes and it is beautiful. I am happy for you. And you must formally introduce her tonight, so I can intimidate her as the Eldar." She saw Mathew was about to protest. She held up her hands, "I have to make sure she is right for my 'frater minor'.

"Please don't scare her too much, 'Soror'.

"I promise, not to intimidate her too much, but the girl should have some backbone, to live with you."

"She does ReLanna, and she just might surprise you too."

"Oh? How so?"

"She just started learning first-year magic. She already knows how to separate the klatha from within. And she is just starting to grow her reserves."

"A centaur mage. That is a surprise..., the world might not be ready for one" ReLanna smiled, then took a deep breath, "Mathew may I ask a difficult question?"

This shocked Mathew, their conversations were always light-hearted, nothing serious. "ReLanna you may ask me anything, I hold nothing back from you."

She smiled, "You know Mathew, we, elves, don't talk of the dead. We believe it disturbs those that have passed on to the ethereal. A belief from the days of yore, one that I don't personally follow. But some still do, and as Eldar, I must honor those that believe it so, so I am sorry, but I must ask, Zane's message said your parents sacrificed themselves, was it for this love? Or does it have something to do with your growing powers?"

Mathew shook his head no, "I don't mind, and no it had nothing to do with my love for Felicia, yet I think my mother had her suspicions. I know she would have approved of Felicia. But no, it doesn't have nothing to do with that, nor does it have nothing to do with my growing reserves either."

"That is good, but I must ask. We usually don't talk of the dead, but we record those that pass on, all family is recorded, including those that that carry less than the full elven heritage..., Can I ask how your parents died, and more specifically your mother?"

Mathew looked at ReLanna adding it up, "You mean my mother had elfin heritage in her?"

ReLanna nodded yes, then pointed at the sword at his side. "Your control of that blade alone should have told you, and the spell you threw over the farm the other day. It was a miscellany of Human and Elfin stanzas that was another clue that you seemed to miss. Your Great, great grandfather was half-human, or to humans, he was half elfin."

"I didn't know!"

"No, and maybe your family didn't either, it makes no difference Mathew. Your family has always been friends with the Elven Nation. Your Great, great, grandfathers full bloodline has already passed into history, we as a people still consider you and your family, as family. So I must ask the difficult question, and have you tell me of your mothers passing, so I can record it."

Mathew nodded yes, "That day, my father felt something on the northern side of the farm, something near or some small problem at the gatehouse. My mother suggested that they have a picnic and they rode out that morning to go investigate, I was home working on my spell books, not wanting to intrude, when my mother sent a physic message to me, shouting, 'Goblin's attacking! Run to Sir Fellis's place as fast as you can.'

I ran there and told Sir Fellis. He gathered several centaurs and we went looking for them. We found them surrounded by twenty-five dead goblins. Many were killed by magic, some had stab wounds, from my father. My parents didn't survive. Some wanted to track those that fled, but Sir Fellis argued against that since we didn't know how many there were.

He helped me lay them to rest below the pecan trees. Then he had me gather my things and move down to his longhouse. A few days later they came back in force, but we were ready for them. Sir Fellis had some of his herd doing patrols and they were seen a day before they attacked the farm. We met them the next day, it wasn't pretty. Only a hand full, lived, to run away."

ReLanna had tears in her eyes, "I am sorry for your loss Mathew, I will honor your parent's memories. There is nothing I can say or do to help you with your grief, only time will dull it. Just know that I will always be here for you if you need someone to talk to."

Mathew offered his hankie, "I cried off and on for nearly two days. I think that last battle I channeled my hurt, and sorrow, and maybe, some rage into it. If it wasn't for Felicia, I think I might have lost myself, or let the battle take me. Afterward, Sir Fellis caught us sharing a kiss, he must have known beforehand, but after that battle, he called Felicia my mate. I think he knew, she would ground me, and keep me sane."

"And has she Mathew?"

"You know that I have loved her all my life, ReLanna. I was just too scared to tell her. It was only with your words of encouragement that I got up the nerve to tell her."

"It is good that you told her, in these troubled times, it best that you tell those that you have feeling for in case something happens."

Mathew looked at her black dress. He knew she lost someone who she had feelings for. Then looked into her eyes, he could see the unshed tears she carefully hidden behind her eyes. Her simple words said it all. He nodded yes to her, "You have my sympathies. With hope maybe they will hear your sorrow and break the wheel of time and come back early so you two could have a second chance."

"One can hope Mathew."

Mathew knew Elf's believed in reincarnation, for nothing was lost to the ethereal. All those that left will come back again. Most never knowing of their past, but those few that do, could touch all their past lives and gain wisdom from them. Thinking about it he asked, "ReLanna, how did you know about the spell I threw over the farm?"

ReLanna laughed. "Think of it Mathew, the ley line runs north past your farm and straight through Woodsheart. Those here that can sense them felt you alter the spell on your grove. It told them that someone or some people had threatened your farm. The mage diviner said the spell was so unique that he knew who wrote it. We later found out why. We are glad you did it, our people are in desperate need of the herb your farm produces. And feared that those on the eastern side would try to monopolize your harvest."

Mathew looked up, ReLanna, "I know we don't talk politics and stuff, but you said your people need healing potions or in reality, Dragon Claw powder. I have three jars of it, I was going to use two as a bribe, but if your people have need...,"

"A bribe Mathew?"

"Yes ReLanna, but it is about politics and war. I wasn't going to bring it up until this evening at council."

"A bribe, Mathew. Something to coercion us into your scheme. That is so unlike you Mathew. That is something you Uncle, or his Master would do. You of all people should know you don't need a bribe us, if you have needs. Even if it is about war. Bribe sounds so harsh, especially coming from you Mathew. But they say, dark times forces some men down dark paths."

"Yes, and if the times were different, I would never think to ask, or even consider trying to bribe your people. I am sorry, I should have known better. But it doesn't change the fact that I have three, quart jars of fully processed Dragon Claw root, I offer them to you and your people freely as a gift from my family to yours."

"I thank you for your gift Mathew, but you said you were going to offer two as a bribe, I think I know what you and your friend Sir Fellis are going to ask..., but you said you have three jars? Why so?"

"I was going to sell one, for new clothes and footwear for a young mage and with hopes to get new arms and armor for Felicia and me."

"With a gift that our people have a desperate need of, I would have given you my rose garden. I think my people would be happy to trade your gifts for the minor things you are asking for Mathew. Let the words of bribe be forgotten, and tonight, at council, let your words of passion sway those that listen to them. You need not ever come to us with a need, and have to offer something in exchange. A need, even one as distasteful as war, is still a need.

Mathew, I am sorry, I wish to cut our talk short, first, please don't take this as being desperate, but your Draconis Claw powder needs to be put in the hands of our potion alchemists as soon as possible. Many of my people still are in desperate need of healing. We have been deplorable in our use of healing potions and failed to save many for times like these.

Second I must bathe and primp myself for this evening, if I am to meet your beautiful wife..., I mean your mate."

Mathew bowed, "Of course ReLanna, I will go and collect it, then deliver it to the alchemists. Until this evening Eldar ReLanna."

She nodded then walked towards her manor house. Mathew rushed to back to the longhouse to get the jars of Dragon Claw powder. He knew where the potion making house was, his parents always went there to sell. An Elf was waiting for him when he arrived, he bowed to Mathew. Mathew Lindrose, I don't know if you remember me all that well, but I am Herzl Copperroot. I am the head alchemist in Woodsheart." He placed his hand over his heart and bowed, "First my heart goes to you. My Eldar just informed me of yours and the world's loss. May their rest be relaxing, and their spirits return in brighter days."

Mathew placed his hand over his heart and bowed in return, "Thank you for the kind thoughts." Then handed Herzl the four jar padded carrier. "Since time is of the essence please take this and help those in need."

Herzl placed the carrier on a table and pulled the three Dragon Claw jars, the fourth he pulled looking at the strange fruit. "My Eldar personally informed me that you had three jars of Draconis Powder, but what is this?"

"It is a new fruit discovered down south. Please can you have someone run it over to the Eldar, it was to be a gift. But I forgot about it when I learned that your people were in need."

"I will have an apprentice deliver it to the Eldar right away. Do you wish to have a note accompanying it? I can lend you a piece of paper and a quill."

Mathew penned a quick note and blotted the paper. Folding it, he handed it to the waiting elf who looked older than him. Back at the longhouse, Felicia was still sleeping, so he carefully undressed and laid out his bedroll next to her legs and laid down for a nap.

Tarn woke them several hours later, by knocking, then walking in, seeing Mathew laying at her feet he exclaimed, "Felicia you trained your human to lay at your hooves, did you train him to do other tricks?"

"Tarn Fellis!" Felicia screamed, "Be nice or I will sic him on you!"

Mathew opened an eye seeing Felicia smile at him then blow him a kiss. He threw the blanket over his head mumbling, "You will pay for that my mare."

Tarn and Felicia laughed, then Tarn said, "Pa said to wake you up and tell you to get your court best on. The elves are running around saying tonight's state dinner is also going to be a thanks giving dinner. Something happened to make them all happy."

Felicia leaned down and pulled the blanket off of Mathew's face, what did you do Mathew Lindrose Guntherson?"

"Nothing, they were in desperate need of Dragon Claw powder, so I gave them, the three jars."

Felicia looked at him for a few moments then nodded yes, "Good for you. Tarn tell daddy we will be ready in an hour.

Felicia chased Tarn out then pulled Mathew to his feet. They both washed up, then Mathew made Felicia kneel so he could sit on her second back and braid her long golden colored hair. Once he was done he smacked her ass, "Up my mare." Then proceeded to braid her tail to match her hair. Mathew's court best was a silk shirt from his father's closet and matching light jacket. He matched it with a set of cotton pants he always wore for special school functions.