Centaur Love Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Felicia has several new blouses that she bought at the general store. While she was wrapping her chest, he unclipped her swords from her armor and fed their sheaths onto her waist pouch belt. Once they were ready they walked over to the second guest house. Sir Fellis and Tarn waited outside, Tarn wore a dark jacket over a white shirt. The jacket had a military look to it. Sir Fellis wore his formal military jacket with all his ribbons and medals. Both carried cavalry sabers, but Sir Fellis's saber had the high King coat of arms emblazoned on the hilt.

Sir Fellis grinned, "Mathew I didn't know you cleaned up so well, if I knew earlier I would have consented sooner of you seeing my daughter."

Mathew laughed, then bowed, saying, "Liar."

Sir Fellis laughed, "True," then turned to Felicia, "You look, absolutely, beautiful my daughter."

Felicia blushed, then walked over to her father and adjusted the crimson-colored sash, and straighten the bow. "You look dashing in your uniform father. I can see why momma fell for you."

"Flatterer," Then pulled the jacket down, "but the darn thing shrank, it is a little tight around the middle."

Mathew grinned, but Tarn was quicker saying, "Don't say it lap dog, the ole fraud will stomp you to death if you tell him the jacket didn't shrink, but he grew..., fatter!"

Felicia tried to hold in a laugh, Johnathon tried the menacing look, "Tarn, Mathew, you two scamps. Why I ought to beat you for disrespecting your elders."

Mathew grinned at Tarn, "I say we run for it, the exercise might help his jacket fit better."

They stood around for half a glass until a young palace page walked up to escort them to the state dinner. A large canopy had been erected on the east lawn, numerous folding tables had been set up under the canopy along with wooden folding chairs. Mathew folded Felicia's hands in his arm as they walked through the palace grounds. Pointing out the Eldar's famous rose gardens. As they neared the tent they could see dozens of glowing globes hung from the tents supporting poles. Giving off a soft white light illuminating the hundreds of brightly dressed elves. Mathew could tell it was only a small fraction of the people who lived in Woodsheart in attendance tonight.

Mathew allowed, Sir Fellis and Tarn, to proceed them, under the tent. As Sir Fellis and Tarn walked in a small lane opened to the far side where Eldar ReLanna stood in a pale green full-length gown surrounded by several of her advisors. Someone announced, "Eldar ReLanna, Ladies and Gentlemen, Sir Johnathon Fellis, The human kings formal Field General, and his attaché Tarn Fellis." Everyone placed their right hand over their heart and bowed. Sir Fellis and Tarn did the same but knelt to them. The Eldar ReLanna smiled and nodded, "Sir Fellis, it has been too many summers since we have last laid eyes on you, Welcome to Woodsheart."

Sir Fellis stood back up, and in a crisp voice, "Eldar ReLanna, we thank you for your warm welcome in these troubled times."

Sir Fellis and Tarn stepped up to the Eldar and spoke quietly between each other. Mathew patted Felicia's hand, she looked at him and gave a small shrug. He smiled and whispered, "You will be fine, just be yourself." Then with a slight pull, he led Felicia under the tent. After a few steps the same person announced them, "Eldar ReLanna, Ladies and Gentlemen, 'The Magun' Mathew Lindrose, and his Mate 'The Magun' Felicia Lindrose

The crowd hushed and bowed, Mathew placed his hand over his heart and bowed back, Felicia knelt. Mathew didn't expect ReLanna to have them introduced as mages. He presented his arm to Felicia when she stood. They walked towards a smiling ReLanna, Mathew could tell she was staring at Felicia. Many here have never seen a Centaur with HGDM before and none have ever seen one full-grown and being told she was a mage had to be a shock to most. Once they stood in front of the Eldar, Mathew nodded, "Eldar ReLanna may I present my wife, or mate in Centaur custom, Felicia Lindrose. Felicia May I present the Eldar ReLanna of the Elven Nation."

ReLanna stepped forward and took Felicia by the hands, "Felicia Lindrose, welcome to our forest. Mathew has told me so much about you over the years, that I feel that we already know you, but he failed to tell me of your exceptional beauty."

Felicia blushed, "Eldar, I should be saying that to you. He has told me stories of you and your gardens, and of the many conversations you two share, enough that I should be jealous, but I am not, for it was with your sagely advice that he finally told me that he loved me. For that, I am ever grateful. Yet he also failed to mention of your exceptional beauty."

ReLanna laughed and gave Felicia a chased hug, looking at Mathew, she said, "She is a keeper Mathew, I am so happy for the both of you." Turning towards Felicia, "Come stand beside me, Mathew please stand next to your mate. I have an announcement to make." With a soft elven spell, she made her soft voice carry, far beyond the tent. "We welcome these guests, even in these troubling times, even as we heal. For now, we will have to wait for council, to hear what news they bare from beyond our forest but two came today, bearing gifts, with hopes that it wasn't needed, unfortunately, it is. As some of you know Mathew and Felicia Lindrose farm the rare magical herb Draconis Claw, Not knowing we had a need they brought three full jars as a gift.

As I speak, I am told the first batches of super heals are being distributed to those too hurt to join us tonight. In the coming days, all who were injured shall be healed, so tonight's dinner was supposed to be a state dinner to receive honored guests, but I am asking that it be changed to a thanks giving dinner in Honor of the Lindrose's and their precious gift."

A spontaneous cheer arose from the crowd, some clapped, some whistled, nearly all raised their voice in thanks.

"In these trouble times, our friends, and family come. Making sure those they care for, are safe and well. In good times and bad, we know who our friends are. Mathew Lindrose, Felicia Lindrose, I as the Eldar of the southern Elven Nation, representative of the Elven people, I, personally thank you for your priceless gift of healing." Eldar ReLanna bowed to Mathew and Felicia. Then the assembled crowd bowed.

Mathew stared, he wasn't expected such a great honor, he held up his hands, "Thank you, but I do not deserve this honor. Friends and neighbors, honor not me, but those who stood in the face of trouble. Those that held the line to protect those behind them. This gift is for those that chose to put themselves in harm's way to protect this community. I am a simple farmer of herbs, and this is my way to honor them. So do not honor me, but those that stood and fell, and those that stood and receive wounds. Yet, will be healed from my simple gift, to only stand in harm's way again. Those are the ones who deserve your honor. Not me." Mathew bowed to the crowd.

It started with a single person clapping, then nearly everyone followed suit. Eldar ReLanna nodded towards Mathew, then whispered, "Very elegant 'frater minor'. You will have no problems rallying the people to your cause now." Mathew looked at ReLanna, how did she know? ReLanna laughed, 'frater minor', little brother, you came in the company of the greatest Centaur general the human Kingdom has ever produced. Our people want to discourage the hobgoblin nation from trying our borders again. I knew if I approved there was a possibility that we as a nation might not survive. With Sir Fellis and the centaur nation, our people might survive this war.

Marshal your thoughts 'frater', you still have to convince half the people of Woodsheart that this is the right path for them. It is easier to carry the whole nation on this path, than having half dragging their feet, slowing you down. Let the older and more cautious ones argue their useless points first, bring logic and wisdom when you think it is time to speak."

Mathew bowed to her wisdom. ReLanna turned to Sir Fellis, "Sir Fellis, come my people had prepared a Centaur feast in honor of you and your party. Let us enjoy this meal and talk of happier times."

Mathew offered his arm to Felicia and followed Tarn as he followed ReLanna and Sir Fellis to a taller table set with several bar stools for those with only two feet. As the people sorted themselves out, a small army of elves appeared with carts loaded with food and a large pot of what he thought might be a five-grain porridge. Extra-large bowls were placed in front of Sir Fellis and family. A more traditional meal was served to the Eldar, Mathew, and the rest of the guests.

As Mathew ate he listened to Sir Fellis and ReLanna talk about his farm, and his wife Perth. She had met Felicia's mother in Kingsholm when she visited many years back. She might have known or guested where the high king was, but she shied away from even asking. She turned to Felicia, who was on her left and started asking about her life, and her magic. ReLanna tried to explain to Felicia the differences between elven magic and human type, telling her how the elves learned to draw the earth mana from the ground instead of holding inside like humans and certain other types of mages did.

She pointed out the Ogre magi as being like humans learning to store the power inside instead of calling it up from around them. She pointed out the Fey and other small folk learned to call magic like the elves did. She offered to try and teach Felicia this method since neither knew the best way for centaurs to draw Klatha or earth mana. Mathew never thought to teach Felicia to seek out and see if she could draw power from the ley lines like elven magic. This was something they needed to explore.

After dinner, ReLanna stood "I have had word send to my people that we would take counsel in an hours' time. I suggest we mingle to give those that did not attend the feast, time to, gather for council.

ReLanna took Felicia's hand and slowly started her way to several of the guests who were dressed in the traditional mage robes of the elven people, as Sir Fellis and Tarn made their way towards a group of Rangers who attended the feast. Mathew made his way through the crowd meeting some of the elven people who worked and lived in the city, to meeting, a few of the city officials that managed certain parts of the cities functions. He didn't stay long with each group but drifted between many, listing to the general conversations between the groups. The main focus was thoughts and concerns about the impending war. Most knew it was coming, others wanted to ignore it, thinking they were now safe having fought off the Hobgoblin army.

As he was wandering from one group to the next someone came along and took his arm, Mathew smiled at ReLanna, Come let me introduce to a few people you will need to know. She led him to a group of people who she introduced as the armor artisans. As they talked ReLanna ask him about the armor that he sought. Most human mages battle armor consisted of bronze cuirass with pauldrons.

Mathew needed a set made for mages and a longer body set made for Felicia to cover her long body. The men assembled nodded, one asked if he was still going to fight with long and half sword he carried. Mathew said no since he only carried his family's sword until his power reserves were up to strength. But was still thinking of a matched daggers or short swords instead of the sword so he could still throw magic through them, the sword is too heavy to perform the right actions to throw magic through it. After a lengthy discussion, the men said they might already have what is required to fit Mathew in the ranger's style of armor, but to his surprise they could cobble together a heavier set for Felicia in the same style since putting regular plate centaur armor wouldn't work for a mage centaur.

After ReLanna made arrangements for Mathew and Felicia to visit tomorrow morning, she led him over to a group of ladies. The greeted ReLanna warmly as if old friends. Then Mathew was introduced, "Ladies, this is Mathew Lindrose. An old 'Family' friend who needs to step into the forefront of politics. We need to make our Mathew here stand out as a young mage, but not one who was trained at the human academy. But close enough that any who saw him will know he was a mage. His farmer looks need to go. The ladies laughed, and looking at him, one spoke, "That shirt was Silvia's handy work." The ladies surrounded him looking him over, questions were thrown out faster than Mathew could keep up with them.

"Court dress Lanna?"

"Yes"

"He will need better footwear for court."

"Yes and something to be out on campaign."

"Then should we include outdoor daywear also?"

"Yes."

"Something that would look good under armor."

"Yes but light mages armor, something along the lines that our rangers wear Ladies, everything, and please submit any costs to the palace. The crown needs to pay back his gift with one of our own. Mathew was given direction to there place of business for a measurement and fitting tomorrow afternoon. Mathew bowed thanking the ladies.

The last person ReLanna took him to was an elf with massive arms. Mathew didn't need to ask this man's trade. He had all the looks of a blacksmith, the two matching short swords at his sides were a work of art. His ancient weathered face showed the years he spent at the side of the forge. "Mathew Lindrose, May I introduce the famed swordsmith, and lifelong friend of mine, Roan Ferrunmonger. Roan, this is Mathew Lindrose, a 'family' friend." Both men bowed, "Eldar, Mathew Lindrose, how may I be of service?"

"Roan, Mathew and his mate will need new arms to be paired with their magic. Mathew here carries the Lindrosa family sword, but as his magic progresses, it will only impede its, and his growth. His mate will soon come into her magic, yet she carries an iron base sword, that will ground her magic's. I come asking for a gift of your best for these two."

Roan nodded, "Eldar, what I have is theirs for the asking, for my son still lies in the sick ward, racked with a fever from an infection, But I was told, that with their gift, he is on the mend. Mathew Lindrosa, I would be honored if you and your mate would come by my shop and look through my wares that would suit both of your needs."

Mathew bowed, "Sir, I and my mate are very grateful to you. If we had known earlier we would have given more, and left for Woodsheart sooner to relieve those that are suffering."

Roan smiled then bowed, "No, Magnus Lindrosa, you have given me and my wife great relief knowing our son will survive. Ask any here where the swordsmith Roan Ferrunmonger's shop is and they will point the way. I look forward to you and your mates visit."

ReLanna nodded, "Roan Ferrunmonger, since the crown has asked this of you, please forward any costs to the crown. Your family has shed enough blood for the people, let them help you, by allowing the crown to cover gifting cost."

"My Eldar," Roan said half bowing, "I thank you for the offer, but I will cover this gifting cost, all I ask is a prized rose bloom to be sent to my wife letting her know that our suffering in this dark time hasn't been unnoticed."

ReLanna looked at Mathew and winked, "Roan I have a very special rose that I will personally cut a bloom and have sent to your wife."

Roan bowed again to both.

ReLanna took Mathews arm and led him over to Felicia, she looked over at her seneschal and nodded. He pulled a silver bell and rang it for all to hear, "All take notice your Eldar invites one and all to the council hall to hear the words from our guest. All are welcome to hear and speak!"

ReLanna leaned down and whispered to Mathew. "Heed my words from this afternoon 'frater', respect the old ones words, but harden and inspire them for the war to come." She released his arm and started towards her advisors, where she led them and the rest to follow her to the council hall in the middle of the palace grounds. As with all elven buildings the sides were made to open to the night. Nearly all the side walls had been opened and dozens of the globes we lit all around the support poles.

Mathew walked next to Felicia thinking of what must be said. Felicia patted his arm, he looked up to see Sir Fellis and Tarn join them. Sir Fellis looked at Mathew, "I hope you have another pretty speech ready. I am not sure I can convince everyone here tonight."

"Just give them the facts Sir, they will argue them for us, then hopefully I will get them to all agree."

"So you do have another pretty speech ready?"

Mathew looked into the council building, it was a simple hexadecagon building, supported by massive corner posts and large roof rafters. That ran to a large center hexadecagon ring the supported a large, roofed over, center turret that had sixteen large windows. Directly below it stood a small podium that allowed a single person to stand on. The large council hall could hold well over three hundred people, and with the sides open more could stand and listen. The Eldar ReLanna walked to the center and mounted the podium.

"All who care to listen, hear what is spoken. Tonight we received guests from beyond the forest edge. Let us hear the news from the Centaur Sir Johnathon Fellis, former field marshal of the human high King Leopol. Let us listen to his words."

ReLanna stepped down from the podium. "Sir Fellis, just place your front hooves on the podium and all the elven people will hear your words, if they so wish to listen. No need to shout or gesture since those not in attendance will not see it."

Sir Fellis nodded and walked up to the podium, it was a two and a half foot wide and stood about eight inches high. The sixteen-sided pedestal was carved from a single tree trunk. Even the tree rings were in a sixteen-sided pattern. Carefully putting his hoof on it he slowly stepped up. Smiling to everyone, "Please forgive me if I make this very short. This podium thing is new to me, and standing here like this is new to most Centaurs. We were not designed to stand on podiums."

This got a few chuckles from the crowd.

Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, he opened them, "First off thank you for receiving us in these trouble times. I did not expect such a warm welcome even from the elven people still reeling from a devastating attack. My heart goes out to you all, I know what you are all feeling, and my small herd is still recovering from an attack by our shared enemy. Though our losses were only four, my herd is considerably smaller. But we share a common problem.

These attacks were a well thought out plan. The hobgoblin nation planned these attacks at the same time the ogre nation in the northern hemisphere, drawing his majesties army to the northern continent. We know the Hobgoblin nation split its army in half, and sent half east over the mountains to attack the human kingdom. The other came west and started its campaign.

A small segment attack Woodsheart, while the main army moved west and attacked Free Town. This simple move was intended to cut off the west from all supplies and reinforcements from the east and separated the two nations who could oppose them. While the elven nation has pulled back to regroup the Hobgoblin army has destroyed all the human settlements along the coast making the humans abandon the west further cutting off the west.

As it sits our two nations are isolated, without help from the east or from our neighbors our two great nations will fall at the hands of the Hobgoblin Nation. With that in mind, I came seeking an alliance between your people, then the great Centaur herd. To join together in cooperation to defend our people and lands against this shared enemy. With neither nation taking the initiative, I came to see if first the elven nation is open to this idea, then I will go and broker this alliance to the Centaur Council. With this alliance, we can defeat our common enemy. We must stand together or we will fall separately." Sir Fellis slowly stepped off the podium, taking a deep breath when all four hooves were on the same surface.