Challenge Accepted Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's kind of a last-minute thing, Mom," I say quickly. "Mom, Dad, I'd like you to meet Jenny Seagle. She's a friend from college who agreed to come to a game with me."

"Jenny," my dad says, "It's nice to meet you. Make sure my boy treats you right!" he teases. "Just call me John." He reaches out and shakes Jenny's hand, trying desperately not to give her a hug.

"Hi Jenny, I'm Susan," Mom says. "It's nice to meet you. Please come in, grab some food or whatever and enjoy the game with us."

Mom and Dad step out of the suite and sit in the balcony seats to watch the game, leaving us alone.

"You brought me to meet your parents?" Jenny accuses.

"No. It's just a coincidence. I didn't know they'd be here. I'm sorry if it makes you uncomfortable. We can leave if you want."

"No, let's stay. I'd like to see the game, and maybe I can pry some information about you from your parents."

"Hah...I'm sure you won't have to pry," I joke, trying to ease the tension.

Jenny grabs a beer and a hot dog and goes out on the balcony to sit next to my mom. I stay inside and watch the game from where I am. Maybe if I leave her alone with my parents, she'll find out that I'm not trying to deceive or impress her. Jenny and Mom start talking, and eventually, there's some shared laughter. Finally, dad gets up and walks inside to where I'm sitting.

"So, what's the scoop, Josh? You said she came to watch the game with you, but she's out there, and you're in here."

Well, Dad," I sigh as I slump down on the couch. "Jenny and I were at a party last night, and we were playing Truth or Dare. It was my turn to ask someone, and I knew that Jenny liked me, so I dared her to spend the weekend with me in the city. She didn't know about...well...you know..." I wave my hand around the room, "all of this. I screwed up and showed her my apartment. Now, she thinks I'm some bratty, spoiled, rich kid who has everything handed to him."

"You're not like that, Josh."

"I know that Dad, and what's even more confusing is that she knows that too. She told me, after she found out about my apartment, that she hates rich guys. Before that, she told me she loved me. I'm completely confused. Now, she acts like she doesn't even like me...it's a complete 180 degrees from how she acted before we left school."

I look out at Jenny and long to be with her. We may only be twenty feet from each other, but it feels like she's on the other side of the world. At least she's enjoying her time with Mom.

"C'mon, grab a beer and come outside with us. Sit next to her and let her know that you're there for her."

"Sure, Dad." I grab a beer and a dog and go out to the balcony. Sitting next to Jenny is agonizing. I want to touch her, but I don't dare. I have to let her work out whatever it is that's bothering her. She's asking Mom about my childhood, and the stories she hears are embarrassing, things I don't want anyone to know about...but if it helps, then it's worth it.

When the game ends, we all get up and go inside the suite.

Mom walks over to Jenny, gives her a hug, and says, "Jenny, sweetheart, I'm so glad we had the opportunity to talk and get to know each other a little better. Will you do me a favor?"

"What's that, Mrs. Bearran?" Jenny asks.

"Susan, please call me Susan. Will you try and get Josh to come home for dinner more often? He gets so wrapped up in school, it's almost like he forgets about us." Mom gives me one of those 'I'll make you feel guilty yet' looks. "How about Friday night? Will you two come for dinner?"

"I'll see what I can do," Jenny answers.

After Mom and Jenny embrace again, my parents leave, and Jenny sits on the couch looking exhausted.

12