Challenge Accepted Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Fine, Mom," I tell her. "But, please, don't make it too extravagant. Just family, okay?"

"Oh, Josh. My parties aren't that extravagant. It will be fun."

"Mom?!?"

"Fine. I'll only invite family then."

"Thank you, Mom."

I hear Dad ask what's going on in the background, and Mom tells him about our engagement.

"Tell Josh to come to the game tomorrow night," Dad yells from the background.

"Did you hear that, Dear?"

"Yes, Mom. I'll check with Jenny, but I'm sure she'd love to go."

"Fine...we'll see you two tomorrow night then."

***************

It's been almost two weeks since Jenny and I got engaged. Our trip to Ceresco was enjoyable. I thought I would get stressed out over meeting Jenny's family, but they accepted me as part of the family. It was a fun experience...well, except for milking the cows. I'm not a farm boy, but I'll suffer through working on the farm when we visit.

Jenny and I decided on a one-acre lot about half a mile from her parent's farm. The first thing we did when we got back was contact an architect. Jenny is excited about building the house the way she wants it.

The night before we flew to Nebraska, we went to a ballgame with my parents. That was one of the most enjoyable nights I've ever had with them. There was no drama or pretenses. The four of us were relaxed, enjoyed the game and each other's company. Mom approved of the ring. I guess that's important. When Jenny told Mom that the wedding would most probably be in Nebraska, she frowned a little. I was proud of Mom for not making a stink about it.

When Jenny told her dad where she wanted to be married...he inhaled deeply. It's a barn about half an hour south of Ceresco where they specialize in weddings, but it doesn't look like a barn at all...it has more of a country club feel to it. While not knowing the cost, he knew the place's reputation and had an idea of how expensive it would be. I squeezed Jenny's hand, and she shook her head. She knew I wanted to pay for the venue, but she also knows her dad better than me, so I kept my mouth shut.

We haven't told my mom yet that the wedding will be held in a barn; the look on her face should be priceless when we break the news to her.

We set a date for May 23rd of next year. We were thinking about getting married this fall, but it didn't seem like enough time to plan the wedding before the cold weather set in.

The sun is setting now. The blue sky fades to oranges and grays as it gets darker to the east. I'm sitting on the deck with my feet on a chair, kicking back with a beer, and if I look carefully, I can see the brightest stars peek through the heavens to wink at me. Dave, my college roommate, is coming by with a couple buddies to keep me company while Jenny is out with the girls. I don't necessarily need the company, but the guys think I do, and I'm fine with it.

The doorbell rings, so I get up to answer it. It's pizza. I didn't order it, so I ask the guy if he's sure he has the right place. He reads back the order, which has my name, address, and phone number on it. What the hell? I'm about to shut the door in his face when I see Dave pull into the driveway.

Jumping out of his car, he yells, "Pizza! Right on time."

I tell the guy to hold on while I get my wallet. Coming back, I finish paying for the pizza as the guys rumble through the doorway. They brought chips, beer, and all kinds of junk food with them. Carrying it all to the back deck, they arrange the chairs around the table. I take the pizza and join them outside.

"What the hell is all this, Dave?" I ask.

"Jenny is out on a girl's night, right?"

"Yeah."

"So...we're going to have a guy's night. Drinking, smoking, and poker."

"Smoking? You know I don't smoke."

"Time to start, buddy," he says as he pulls out a fistful of cigars.

God, I hope they're not the cheap ones that stink. "Whatever."

There are five of us around the table, and it doesn't take long for the laughter and jokes to start.

"So, Josh...is this really your place?" Dave asks.

"Yep."

"Wowzers! Dude, you're livin' it up."

I almost tell him that I also own the apartment building we lived in but decide to keep it to myself. The night rolls on, and we have a good time. Jenny comes home at about one in the morning, and the guys take the cue, grab their stuff and file out. Once everyone leaves, Jenny comes out to help me clean up.

"God, it stinks out here. It smells like old socks and sweaty guys," she says.

"It'll go away. At least we weren't in the house."

"At least."

"Did you have fun with the girls?"

"I did. We went drinking and dancing. It was fun. I didn't drink as much as they wanted me to because I knew I had to drive home, but it was fun."

"Good. Ready for bed?"

"Absolutely. But, first, we take showers. You stink of cigar smoke."

"Yeah, sorry about that."

We finish cleaning up, take our showers, and climb into bed. I'm on my back, settling in when Jenny crawls on top of me. Then, spreading my legs, I drop hers between mine and give her a hug, with one hand on her firm ass.

"I missed you tonight," she says.

"I missed you too, Sweetheart. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah...just girl stuff. I'm beginning to understand why you were so private during your college life. Not Esther, but some of the other girls there asked me to buy them this or that...all silly stuff. I'm sure they were joking but...still. They fawned over my ring, which was fun, but they all wanted something from me...they didn't just want to be my friend. It seems strange to me...you know...how people change around money. When we'd hang out before, nobody thought about money...it was this guy, or that guy, or who's wearing what shoes...stuff like that...now all they wanted to talk about was how much money I have. Which, by the way, I told them 'none' because I haven't started my job yet."

"Yeah...sorry about that. I guess I should have warned you that that might happen."

"I pulled Esther aside and asked her what to do, and the only advice she had was to roll with it. She said to stick with those that are your friends and let the rest go on about their lives."

"Sage advice."

"Yeah...but I thought some of those girls were my friends."

Burying her head into my chest, she let out a deep sigh. I feel for her. While being wealthy makes many things easier, having a personal life is very difficult. Rolling us onto our sides, I look into Jenny's eyes and kiss her deeply.

"I love you, Babe, and I'll always be here for you," I whisper.

"I love you too, Josh. I can't imagine my life without you."

It's a tender moment together. I try to pull her closer to me, but we are already as close as physics will allow. I kiss her again as I sift my fingers through her hair and lightly massage the back of her neck and scalp. She moans as she relaxes in my arms. Then, closing her eyes, it's not long before she drifts off. Loosening my hold on her, I watch her chest rise and fall with each deep breath she takes.

This is our life now. It's time for us to settle in. I start work on Monday and Jenny begins in a week. She decided to take a job with a small firm nearby instead of working for my company. She said she didn't want the stigma of being the girl who sleeps with the boss's son. It will also give her time to keep her family's books on the side.

One last thought wanders through my head as I drift off to sleep...we need to make an appointment with the lawyer to get our prenup in order.

12