All Comments on 'Chances'

by Mistermister

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Chipmunk

End of.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
A lovely story

It's good to see characters that actually learned from their previous mistakes, who go on to find new partners and create a new loving relationship!

Top marks for a very real to life story.

Kydreamer

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Awful!

This had so many grammatical errors, run on sentences, and misspellings I gave up after a few pages. It was a waste of time writing it, and a waste of time reading it. I can see why the author does not accept personal comments. They surely would not be flattering.

liquidairdreamsliquidairdreamsover 19 years ago
Sweet, Romantic, Wonderful!

Whoever bitched about the grammar was looking for a problem - I'm usually a stickler for that kind of thing, but didn't see anything that distracted me from really getting into the story...

Hope to see more soon!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Eh?

really, now? is that how "romance" happens? i thought that's just mostly exchanging bodily fluids, with both author and his characters confusing them for "love" and "romance" ---- for, a few weeks or months later, when the impulsive "thrilling" kisses had become stale, boring,,, the lines would be more like:

"this was a big mistake; our genitals did most of the 'talking' and it seemed good; but now, well, we have nothing in common"

actually, that's what happened to both of these two people's respective partners previously,,,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
Interesting

It took a second to get used to the grammar mistakes. But then as I continued to read the story, I realized that the grammar might BE intentional. I've encountered this before, when someone is writing a "saga" style story. It also portrays the main protagonist's state of mind, which if you've ever gotten to know many progammers, is pretty indicative of the way they think. Thoughts tend to run together in their minds, which sometimes makes their thought proccesses kinda hard to understand. Anyways, as far as the story-line goes, it's simplistic, idealistic, and quite predictable, but also very fitting to one of the the "programmer's family fantasy" stereotypes I have run into before. I would have to read more of the author to determine if this is intentional or not, if intentional, and meant to be this way, than it rates a decent score as a pulp romace. However, they call pulp romance "pulp" for a reason. It gets very repetitive in theme. Hopefully this author has more up his sleve than stereotype.....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous