All Comments on 'Charcoal Ch. 05'

by Lillywriting

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
canndcanndalmost 9 years ago

Well, I saw the chapter just posted and was curious. the story caught me up right away. I am glad I didn't have to wait years for the chapter ;) I hope you are back at writing and will update soon.

I am confused as to why Sylvia would still be asking where his mother is. If the twins are even pretending to work with her, wouldn't she know they grew up by him? She targeted them for a reason. It seems like they'd be able to say the address and send them right to his mom. If they were hiding their ability, you're telling me that the group found these two but don't know they grew up with him and that they know where the mom is? I'm not able to puzzle out why her location is still a mystery. This group is clearly pretty powerful, I'm sure getting an address from the college wouldn't be tough for them. It's wierd.

That all said, wow, I feel badly for Soul and Scott and the other siblings who tried to escape with them. That house is a scary place. i could have nightmares thinking about ending up in a place like that with these people. You've done a great job of making it really creepy and scary and unbelievably insane. It's no wonder the mom escaped, though I wonder how she did. I feel even more badly for Scott. I am surprised Soul isn't using his insight a bit more with him. He doesn't seem to question the look in Scott's eyes when he forced himself on him? Doesn't he get he was in an altered state like he himself had been in the other day? Doesn't he see that Scott seems good for being raised by a psychopath and told his is a failure his entire life? I think he should start depending a bit more or at least trusting Scott a bit more.

I think you have lots to reveal and I kinda would love a bit more info put into the next chapter. Sylvia called Soul's mom 'that cheating' something or other. Who was his father? Was he anyone to Sylvia? Does his mother know he is in trouble? Why hadn't she warned him of any of this? I guess she hoped she'd done a good enough job hiding him. Sadly, it doesn't seem she did. I do hope the twins are able to help. Why are they able to keep their minds clear? I wonder how the other two twins, Scott's sibings, are?

I hope you will be putting out chapters more often. I hope you got a bit ahead before posting this one, but if not hopefully your muse stays with you. This is some trip and I look forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Slow Down

Don't rush the story, it already had a fast pace in the earlier chapters (which was fine, we aren't writing the Twilight series here) however enough has happened in this chapter for one, if not two, 3-paged chapters. I think throwing in a bunch of plot dropped the chapter's rating, especially since it was released a while after the previous one. Please slow down; you have a great idea, a strong plot, and your writing style fits perfectly, keep going!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
confused

I am confused as to how the escape failed did I miss a chapter can u tell me were u wrote it u left off at chapter four were they had to share blood

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous