All Comments on 'Charity Begins Next Door'

by Tx Tall Tales

Sort by:
  • 1,507 Comments (Page 5)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
great job

it is one of the best stories I've ever read in this site. simply outrageously beautiful. in this story sex really doesn't matter. all that mattered was the plot and emotions. great job and keep doing it. may be someday you could publish your own collection.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Great story!

So sad at first, yet so wonderful, the way it unfolds! Simply wonderful writing and such a great ending! Just loved this story! It is already one of my all time fav stories here on Lit! One of the top three favs I have, out of dozens and hundreds I've read here!

Thank you so much! Great writing! :)

SWIM21SWIM21about 10 years ago
Sweet and cathartic

I cried hard over that damn ornament.

mcnaughton1mcnaughton1about 10 years ago
great story

A truly great story is where it makes you laugh and cry. Your story was wonderful, and one of the greatest I have read in a long time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Rocky Patel Decade?

You need to up your cigar game my friend or get Rocky to pay you for product placement. Well at least it wasn't a Gurkha.

Deme

P.S. Great story, not your usual fair.

phil2213phil2213about 10 years ago
There is real grief at its worst and redemption.

I don't know if redemption is the right word but it was one helluva ride. Talk about nightmares personified. You lose a marriage that's tough but losing children and an ex you were friendly with and at Christmas on top of it all. Please!!!! This author pulled out all the stops to melt your heart. This was expertly presented with humor to boot. Magnificent!!!! Thank you!

BlowPopJBlowPopJabout 10 years ago
Beautiful

This story was beyond amazing.

hebert100hebert100about 10 years ago
thanks

another great story from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
what a f_ng tear gearcker

wow

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Loved your story I too have lost my little girl

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
surprised,, not ur usual

slut wives,,cuck tale. actually read all this one. 4****s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Well done.

Your character development is a bit shaky, but it worked. Story line and subject matter... Single parents in a nuclear neighborhood, goaded into doing the right things for reasons unknown to them until it was too late and had they known, they would have done the deeds anyway. Brilliant. Feels good, Boy Scout. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
yur best yet

3 stars

cassandracharmedcassandracharmedabout 10 years ago
made me cry

I love and hate stories like this one they always leave me in tears.

malloystermalloysterabout 10 years ago
Kudos

I am a sucker for stories like this, where all the horrible events lead to a happy ending without giving up the lingering sadness that led to it all.

PhotoproffPhotoproffabout 10 years ago
The Roller Coaster never stopped

I think this is the third time visiting this story. As a writer, getting emotions to come out is an approval of the author. My emotions were all over the place. Especially Christmas morning. Reminding me of my own many years ago when only a simple gift was under the tree. There is no wonder why you are one of my favorite authors.

OldStormyOldStormyalmost 10 years ago
Wow!

I try to avoid leaving comments as I have not written anything to post for others to criticize. However, I have read this story many times and it always has the same bloody effect on me - almost tears. It is one of the truly most beautiful short stories I have ever read. Thank you heaps for your efforts. Unfortunately I can only give it 5 stars when in fact it deserves 10 or more.

AJPhynnAJPhynnalmost 10 years ago
What a Roller Coaster

Compassion and despair, anger and a growing love - all brilliantly captured. Thanks for a remarkable story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
!

Really enjoyed it. It was so fucking real that made me cry! I wish I could watch the movie of the same story however I think It could never make me feel the same as reading the story itself.

tamilkrishnatamilkrishnaalmost 10 years ago
Thanks

i have been reading stories in this site for a looooong time. i liked a lot many, which made me feel very strong emotions. But this is the first time that i have been overwhelmed by a good story to take the effort to create an account and leave a comment - i have never even made an anonymous comment before.

THANK YOU for such a heart warming story.

I am sure that if you crop the sex scenes a little - I skipped most of that part that even though i read this site for the kicks, in this story they seemed a distraction - and post it on amazon, i would feel obliged to ask my friends to buy a copy and read it.

Thanks again

cap5356cap5356almost 10 years ago
great story

not the kind of story I thought it was going to be but so glad I read it. very heart moving and makes you think about all the things in your life glad you wrote it

Leety777Leety777almost 10 years ago
Leety777

Love it! Love love love it thank you

firemanlitfiremanlitalmost 10 years ago

You bastard! You are supposed to be writing porn so we can all whack off in front of our computers. Instead, you write stories like this that make us cry, bastard!

I give 5 for each of the main characters = 20

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Agree

I agree with tamilkrishna. I skipped right over the sex scenes. The story was what I was reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Not what I expected

I like to write as well. Sometimes in this genre. I once wrote a story that had a Hell's Angey blubber. Absolute truth.But this story reall got to me. Very poignant. I had tears dripping down my cheeks. No lie. Not always what you want when you're reading sexual stories, but I won't complain. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Damn you

Damn you, damn you. Towards the end I was crying so hard. My son is still with us but my parents.... I didn't need that cry just then. Great story but damn you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
what the hell

I nearly cried thru half the story.

It was really touching and i loved it.

Please keep it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Second Time Through

Still the best story I've read on this site.

khai123khai123almost 10 years ago

Great story of how love can heal......crying with this one is a given......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Beautiful Story!

I usually love your stories for the hot sex, but this one is a winner too. Well done sir, you brought a tear to my eye. Keep enthralling us with your writing gift.

JPBVJPBValmost 10 years ago
Losses

I lost my angel, and I miss her everyday -- this story resonates.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
bastard

sniff sniff------sniff---5 stars

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969almost 10 years ago
I couldn't read it

I visit Literotica as a form of escape and don't want to read tragic stories. Not hating on this or anything, just not for me. (stopped reading at the paragraph about the accident and didn't rate the story because that wouldn't be fair)

2ezgoin2ezgoinalmost 10 years ago

Wow, what a roller coaster ride. Great story, well written. And yes, you got this ex-Marine all teary eyed. Thanks.....

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
@Oatmeal1969

You should have read it.

Yes, it STARTED tragically, but ended beautifully!

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
Just Wonderful!

If I wanted to quibble, I might say something about Sandy being reluctant to the point of being nasty about accepting much-needed help, or the likelihood of a successful romance started so close to a tragic loss, but this was so beautiful, I say "Fuck it!" and just bask in the joy.

Wipes tear from eye.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great for the soul

I am a man and not a bit proud to say I teared up more than once. It helped me to again realize life is worth living. Thank you. Steve

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Bogged a bit from the start.

Your quote; "My child support was pegged at just over $1500, with the kids on my health insurance. Even though we weren't married long enough for alimony to kick in, I was paying another $500 a month just to make the kids' lives better..."

Question: Did you specify what job you were able to get that paid you $75,000-80,000 per year? It seems like a fundamental oversight to the back-story by that point in your work. You never mentioned college/training at that juncture, or how old the character was when he got married, had the children, etc., etc.

If you mention it later, be aware that this is probably a mistake, as these loose ends need tying up much earlier in the work in order for the reader to be able to understand your world construct.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent! O. Henry couldn't have done better.

Great job!

FirediamondFirediamondover 9 years ago
Nice

This was really good. I hope to never experience that type of loss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Amazing, but expected! LOL

Dear Mr. Tall Tale.

The majority of everything you write is wonderful! This story being my most favorite of favorites to read. You gets a five from me! You have a wide range in your writing ability that makes me avoid some of your other stories like the plague. I know each time though that you accurately label your stories and I appreciate that so much. You are a tremndously gifted author and I look forward to what you are going to write in the future. Sincerely, Payenbrant

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I read page 1 and 5

Wow. Page 5 was incredible and I am a word-smith by virtue of my profession. Page 1, I too took issue with his generosity towards overpaying his child support by 25%, but there are fools who divorce those they should not, so it is believable. I accidentally skipped to page five and was too drawn in by the first paragraph to stop. You described a man who learned the meaning of Christmas. No matter how much he paid, he got it all back with interest in the eyes and glee of the girl receiving the gift. It was powerful prose. It was really powerful prose. A real man cannot read that and either miss what is now past or regret never having a Christmas like that.

-- 24601

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Moving and touching!

What a heartwarming story! Just goes to show that you can find love when you're least expecting it. And the sex was as surprising as it was hot!

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Gut wrenching

And painfully beautiful. Few stories (or much else for that matter) have ever brought a tear to my eye, I'm simply not a very emotional person either way, but this did, so, Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I'm Still Teary Eyed

Great tear jerker,

Wonderful.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 9 years ago
Thank you

I've just reread this story, for God knows how many times, and I love it more every time. Thank you so much for the gift of it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great

This is one of the best stories I have had the pleasure of reading in a long time. It was perfect all leading up to the sex at the end. The sex was not overdone but fit in perfectly. All in all it was a great story that anyone who has had a great lose can appreciate. Keep writing this type of story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I loved it!!

A tear jerker but a great one. And sexy as hell to. Can't wait to read some more about the little one an sandy. Please don't stop an leave us hanging ok. This has to be my favorite so far. an that says a lot ok.

whiteyfatswhiteyfatsover 9 years ago
Great

This story would be just as good or better without the sex, which is the mark of a great one.

papabear555papabear555over 9 years ago
Sex nice. Story great.

I guess that I'm just a romantic. Loved the story. I agree with the other comment that the story was so good that the sex was really unnecessary. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
really good story

really good story not the first time or the lst to read. Like two ships in the night. they came together and found love. and with rental property she still has long hours but a lot of sleep overs. 5 stars plus

ron

green117green117over 9 years ago
Sex in this story...

Well, of course it was good - I'm not the first to say so.

As for the sexual content - I think it enhanced the story. Normally I skip the sex scenes... if I don't have enough emotional connection to the characters, it seems out of place. Here, it was connoting healing - paradoxically since it also gave the protagonists minor hurts to get over - kinda a metaphor for life, don't you think?

Anyway, sex is something adults do. Here, it was appropriate. I can't imagine getting to the resolution without it.

Green-something

BurntRedstoneBurntRedstoneover 9 years ago
Anyone have a tissue?

Really great story! Well written and emotionally involving! Powerful stuff. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
#1 Story

What a great Hallmark movie this would make! The first part showed us a happy family which left me with a warm fuzzy. Then the complete devastation of this man's world. Very emotional. Loved the nosy neighbor who never gave up on either of them.

His therapy was doing something helpful without an agenda and it all worked out for all of them.

Please keep writing these.

gara5289gara5289over 9 years ago

Definitely one of the better Romance stories on the site - i liked that you didn't really focus on the marriage, the bulk was his getting over his tragedy and helping. My favorite was definitely the interactions with Erica.

firemanlitfiremanlitover 9 years ago

I seem to have something in my eye. Same thing happened last time I read this story.

misael1950misael1950over 9 years ago
La crème de la crème

The cream of the cream as we say in french.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Predictable. Nice read; nice thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
LOVE IT

I started reading this before but stopped then lost it and couldnt remember the title til today when I saw it in the SIMILAR STORIES section and I'm glad I got to read the whole thing I loved it

86yohom86yohomover 9 years ago
Very Good

Excellent story and write up. Enjoyed it very much.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thank you.

I love erotica, and I love stories. This was an amazing story with literotica nicely blended in. Please write another one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Close to Home

You may call it fiction, but it hit too close to home for me. I cried all the way through it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
tender love story

wish I could vote a 9 or 10!

LVGirlLVGirlover 9 years ago
Wonderful

Thanks, Tx Tall Tales. From a terribly sad and tragic situation you made a beautiful and moving story.

LaneBagginsLaneBagginsover 9 years ago
Good Story

Good story but my computer monitor got a little blurry a couple times.

arrowglassarrowglassover 9 years ago
Great story!

Tears...touching...delightful ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Third read, still good.

Very well executed. Its good to see a morality story tinged with a little bit of erotica. I'm sure this Christmas will bring a sense of comfort and well being for your family. Need to ensure Erica remains grounded and you only spoil her during this season.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow!

1) I've never EVER read a story on Literotica that made me cry! Way to go!

2) I've also never seen a story on here with this many Comments! Wish I had time to read them all, and I hope they're all as positive as mine.

3) You're an amazing and gifted story-teller. You also know the English language and use it very well.

virginchic101virginchic101over 9 years ago
Beautiful!

I at first had lost interest but the story just grew on me. Beautifully done.

FarmerJGDFarmerJGDover 9 years ago
UMMMM

At 469 other comments I suppose you have heard it all by now. It is amazing that so many of us older MEN were moved to tears, such as vietvet. I myself being a Vietnam vet was also moved to tears. I have not read any of your other stories as of yet, but rest assured I will soon. Very well written, heart felt, and yes a tear jerker. Gave it 5 stars but needs 20 more. Thank you for the story. Merry Christmas to you and to everyone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow.

This is the first story I've ever teared up at. Good job! I'm impressed that you were able to turn a short erotic story into something so meaningful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fantastic Story

You gave real talent

Keep writing please

love2lickmlove2lickmover 9 years ago
this really moved me

incredible story,thanx

real69luvrreal69luvrover 9 years ago
Nice

A very nice but heart rendering story with a great ending. good job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It wouldn't be Christmas

It wouldn't be Christmas without reading my favorite holiday story. Thank you again for the gift that keeps on giving, three years now.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
there should be a special award for the meddlesome

neighbour who cares enough to listen.

As poignant and touching as the interplay between the three of them is, and as tough as their individual burdens were, without the caring intrusion of their common HOA rep they would not have come together.

beautiful story,

again.

Alaska84Alaska84over 9 years ago

Loved reading it again! Thank you for sharing your story with us!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great

Really was a great story. To take something so traject and make it wonderful is a great art.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What any motional story.

I have read this multiple times near Christmas and each time it brought tears to my eyes. It brought back many memories from the past. I wonder how many people there are in America and around the world that are suffering the same things.

Thank you for writing this fantastic story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Christmas story!

Brought me to tears, and I would not say that about many stories. I could feel their pain, and cheered for them when they found each other. Life is not always fair; it's a matter of how we respond to events. Good show!

The DJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wow! erotica tears!

This is the first time I've ever came to tears reading erotica

Amazing story !!!

GymbagGymbagover 9 years ago
You should be sorry for this

I hope you're happy. I'm an old man and it takes a lot to bring tears to my eyes, but you did it. Now I have to explain the red eyes you made me have. This should be made into a movie (if you toned down the sex a bit.)

virtualatheistvirtualatheistover 9 years ago
This one...

Had me in fucking tears!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Christmas

having lost wy wife going on 4 years now still brings back a flood of very good memories that i cherish very much

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I cried out upon learning of their deaths and was a soggy,slobbering mess to the end.Thank you...and big boys do cry!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great

Great story, much better than the usual doom and gloom

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
goddamn

Five goshdang stars, emotional, this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Awefully Awesome!

I am 18 (19 next month), and i've been reading Literotica whenever i had time since i was sixteen. Well, girls do need something to get off. But of all the stories that i've read none of them made me cry. This one, sir, took buckets of water from my eyes. This is the real "erotic" story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Beautiful!

Moving story; sad but filled with love and then the happier ending. Well done!!!!

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 9 years ago

A wonderful story.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your ability to produce such a good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
quite a difference than what I had expected.

liked it very much .Sort of reminded me of an afterschool special from the eighties

KisstheGirlKisstheGirlabout 9 years ago
Holy christmas crap batman!

I know that Santa is real, snow is white, and hard times fall on us all. What I don't know is how you can write an erotic story like this and make it a tear jerker at the same time. I'm not an overly emotional person, but I had tears in my eye 3/5's of the way through your story. FANTASTIC stuff! Kudos to you and your betas, if you had them. Job very well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
beautiful

My roomate caught me with big tears in my eyes as I read this. He,will probably tease me for the rest of my life. He says maybe he will read it too. Locked safely in his room so I can't tease him back!

kalonaleighkalonaleighabout 9 years ago
beautiful!!

Totally Awesome!! Have to agree with "kissthegirl" , how you can write an erotic story and a tear jerker too!!! I laughed and cried.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I was enthralled start to finish. This could be made into a commercial piece. Keep writing.

This story is a credit to the writers craft. It had a satisfying ending but I want to read more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
perfecto

This is the best of the small linked up group of similar stories on the list.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Lovely story. A real tearjerker but really sweet too.

IsanaIsanaabout 9 years ago
So much tears!

This is why I should never go back to the romance category! *sniff*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
An Emotional Rollercoaster!

This truly was an incredible story, I am not good at expressing my emotions but you managed to have me blubbering like a fool with happiness and sadness. Yes life is tough, but every now and then you come across someone who makes you realise that there is more to life. You have an incredible talent, thank you for coming into my life ever so briefly. I don't think I have seen so many similar themed comments and so many, on any story.

Truly God bless you, may you continue to inspire others with your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Outstanding!

Amazing story! I'm not an emotional man, but this one had me bawling like a baby.

1...34567...16
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTx Tall Tales@Tx Tall Tales
20419 Followers
The only thing constant is change. A new State, a new City, a new Job, and new Stories (coming soon).

SIMILAR Stories