All Comments on 'Cheating Bastard'

by javmor79

Sort by:
  • 87 Comments
chytownchytownabout 8 years ago
Refreshing And Real****

Thanks for sharing this good fun read.

mordbrandmordbrandabout 8 years ago
funny

but cuts to the quick. 5*

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 8 years ago
And that's why I'm glad I'm a guy.

We support our friends the old fashioned way. Sure we'll tell him he's a dumbass but after that, we've got his back.

Women? They'll tell you they're there for you but stab you in the back as soon as they get the chance.

CreeperclawCreeperclawabout 8 years ago
Wow

These women remind me of those neighborhood housewives from Edward Scissorhands, a bunch of bored middle aged biddies with nothing to do but gripe, complain and immediately think the worst of anyone outside the group. As for the set up that inspired this story... weird how people can assume huh.

luedonluedonabout 8 years ago
Nicely done

A fun little story and a neat way of exploring stereotypical attitudes.

L

FD45FD45about 8 years ago
Makes me angry

but it makes me think.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveabout 8 years ago
interesting

Chock full of nuggets. It doesn't matter. Cheaters should suffer.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Women

All of us are locked within our own meat heads with our limited and very subjective view of the world. All of us are alone in that little brain cavity. We are born alone, we live alone in that little world and we die alone. While we are alive, the very nature of our existence trapped within our heads and bodies means that we operate from a position of self interest. That not only means doing what we think is best for us, but for some it can mean thinking in ways that allow them to justify their actions versus what is true, and what is morally right. You cannot change the truth, but you can lie to yourself and others. This is where women excel in life. Perhaps it is genetics, maybe hormones, but women are adept at lying to themselves to the point that it is easy for them to lie to others and believe they are telling the truth. Lying to yourself is like entering bad data in a computer. When you enter bad data in your meat head, you cause all kinds of conflicts. The longer you leave this bad data in your head the more damage it does to your operating system. Eventually, your drive will be completely corrupted and useless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
always thinking with their cunts

protect the slut, next time it might be you that needs protection

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
very good

wow another story pulled from every day's life 4

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
Good and funny story...could be funnier if...

Good and funny story...could be funnier if she had cheated with one of 3 women's husbands...Then we could see what their reaction would be...however 3*

BriteaseBriteaseabout 8 years ago
amusing

As no doubt it was meant to be.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
WTF happened here?

The story was difficult to follow and the unneeded food details made it boring. Then we have this: "CAROL: blah blah", for a few lines and then you go back to actual punctuation? Did you have a brief brain fart and think BOLD with colons beats quotation marks?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
that

is as true as i can find.

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 8 years ago
Thank You

Fun little story with an interesting pov. Thank you well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
yep

all too true.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 8 years ago
Only Fair

Although more fleshed out, the story didn't really say anything that you didn't already say in the intro.

As another comment said, it would have been better if it turned out that Jen was cheating with one of THEIR husbands, and see if they still stood by her!

Lex1Lex1almost 8 years ago
I disagree with sbrooks and impo61

if it turned out that she was sleeping with their husbands, it would have been less funny. The story would have taken on a different meaning. The funny thing about this story is the hypocrisy of the ladies. When they thought the man was cheating, he was a dog who needed to be put down. When it turned out that the woman was cheating, then all of a sudden there had to be an explanation that still made it his fault. If she were cheating with one of THEIR husbands, then that hypocrisy wouldn't have been there and the story's meaning would have changed.

I think this was the best way to express what the author was going for. The email in the intro is what started this story. It was supposed to be a funny look into how our society views men and women cheating. I don't think the author was going anything other than a funny story that points out.

FantasyXYFantasyXYalmost 8 years ago
Funny

This story was actually funny... Thanks.

nonethewisernonethewiseralmost 8 years ago
Lex1, that's right

I sent Javmor the email. We both thought the hypocrisy was interesting, somewhat amusing and a genuine reflection on how people view women. So we kicked around a few ideas, Javmor had this one. He wrote it. I gave a few thoughts and edited it, and here it it. I think you described our objective perfectly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Brilliant

One of the best stories I've read on this site, it's so true

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 8 years ago
The premise is bogus

but the execution was excellent.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 8 years ago
You all wrote the women perfectly...

Like the old question, "If a man goes out into the forest and he says something and there is no woman to hear him say it, is he still wrong?" All women will say either, "Yes," or "Of course." Well done.

likegoodwinelikegoodwinealmost 8 years ago
Good reading

Good way to put in perspective the double-standard dilemma. Watch out Britease, there's another guy around who handles sarcasm and humor well. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
LIKE IT! (☆☆☆☆☆-)

:)

Lex1Lex1almost 8 years ago
@irondragon

To me, the funniest thing about the excuses is how they tried to make it like they were turning her down for her benefit. Then, at the end, they actually felt like they got something accomplished. LOL. LIke I said before, the hypocrisy of the women, mixed with the fact that you can actually see this happening, made this story hilarious.

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
This story uses a device used for educating lawyers about juries

(1.) A man driving a car runs over and kills a pedestrian. The driver is drunk and has had his license cancelled for a previous drunk driving offence. Students are asked to think of themselves as the jury and to consider what the penalty should be.

(2.) Then they are given more of the background. The driver and the owner of the car were drinking together; both were drunk; the owner of the car injured himself and the driver was taking him to hospital; no other driver was available; etc, etc. Some on the 'jury' will even reverse their previous opinions.

Javmor, ably assisted by Nonethewiser, produced a story with the equivalent of both Paras 1 & 2 to draw out a similar reversal of attitude. (Although both attitudes were still stereotypical, neither was an objective analysis of the situation.)

Many Loving Wives stories are expansions of Para 1 only.

L

canopuswestcanopuswestalmost 8 years ago
Something diff..

Good too. I wouldn't mind reading a bit more of what happens in this group of friends.

After a long long time we finally get a story that isn't shit.

I'm tired of seeing the endless parade of whore wife and cuck husband on lit.

Btw some might just call me narrow-minded for this, but I think that people make too many excuses for their actions..

Right and wrong are clearly defined concepts. Given the proper info one can always define, what is right and what is wrong.

I feel that people keep mucking things about and trying to bring their actions into the gray. Maybe it is just coz ppl are weak...

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
"Right and wrong are clearly defined concepts."

Really, Canopuswest?

L

Lex1Lex1almost 8 years ago
@luedon

Very well said. In my opinion, most of this authors stories are about the yin and the yang. He often takes flack for that, but his last few submissions have been about exploring multiple sides of infidelity and extra marital sex.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
Didn't Flow

javmor79 has a talent but for this story was uphill sledding because this was a prototype example of a male author failing to duplicate the lilt and tempo of group female conversation. Way too straightforward except for the bit about hesitating to give their friend shelter from the marital storm. Props for that .

How to fix this ? That's a tuff one. Maybe watch a lot of 'Sex in the City' or compilation of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler movies. Amy Schumer's stuff works too. Good luck.

bruce22bruce22almost 8 years ago
Sbrooks put his finger on it

As a story with plot it was only fair. But the truth is that ID and any of us can argue it should be discussed. Unfortunately the intro took most of the fun out of the tale for me.

SigintSigintalmost 8 years ago
Hahahahahahaha

Hifuckinglarious!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
How is this story not better rated?

It's funny, insightful, well written, concise, and inspires thought. What more do people want here? Thanks, Javmor. This was your best since the cell phone text story.

DrPlutonDrPlutonalmost 8 years ago
That was fantastic!

I found it very believable that the women would go to any lengths to demonize the husband without any proof other than mere circumstance. I laughed when it came time to "help" the cheater.

patilliepatilliealmost 8 years ago
Ok, maybe cause it is late and I am tired

but I didnt get it. What happened? Who was she cheating with? You are a very good writer, but this just was a scene in a larger story. If that was your goal, then you achieved it but for me my rating reflects fact a good LW writer failed to have a beginning, middle and end to the story. Too many loose ends....so I look fwd to reading the comments to see the insights of others, that invariably see things I do not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Where are all the comments?

It would seem like some people probably didn't just love this story. The score would certainly indicate that. I didn't like it. The opening comment ruined it for me. Did no one that didn't like it make a comment?

patilliepatilliealmost 8 years ago
Ok, read the comments and as always learned quite a bit

but still, as Lex1 pointed out, the story is about hypocrisy. That is fine, but true friends tell each other I dont want that woman in my house if she is the cheaterer-right? I am not a woman, but pls they are not that duplicitous and obtuse are they? The excuses they give are so transparent, how can they move forward as friends and keep respect for each others integrity when they lie in such manner? So I didnt think this was that good, which is why it got a 2 from me.

Also, my old friend Luedon, yes there is clear right and wrong, see 10 Commandments. Never a good reason to drive drunk, or at least not the example you gave. Get another sober patron to drive, call a friend or relative, call a taxi, call Uber, call the police or call an ambulance>all are perfectly acceptable alternatives to driving the ill friend to medical services. I know you resist, as all true liberals do, the idea that your behavior is wrong at times, such as when you had that affair, but just acknowledge as imperfect humans we are all born in sin, and prone to sin, which is why we value redemption & forgiveness so highly within our souls.

Enough of my rambling, Javmor you have a gift-even with this throw-away written in an hour story, you will manage to get over 70 comments. .

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 8 years ago
This story is sexist

Really.

It also does bear some resemblance to reality

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years ago
Nicely done

I wish you hadn't telegraphed it with the preface, but I enjoyed seeing this hypocrisy exposed anyway. I see the same type of hypocrisy here on a daily basis. It just goes to show that there are two sides to every story. All too often, because most of the writers here are male, we only see that side. It's fun to get a glimpse of the other side -- as well as that sweet hypocrisy.

Good to see you writing again, Javmor.

javmor79javmor79almost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you all for reading

For those who mentioned that the story was partially ruined by the intro - I fully agree. I wasn't going for the surprise twist in this story, but I realize that it would have made it better. I just wanted a fun tongue in cheek piece to illustrate how many of us think. Hindsight is a bitch.

Some people are wondering if I am deleting comments. Well, I am. But, I have only deleted one person's comment. He keeps commenting over and over. I don't know why he bothers. I am open for negative criticism. But if you want to use the comment section to tell me what you think of me, don't bother. I don't care. So I will delete those comments instead of responding to them. Why would I argue with an idiot? If he wants to keep wasting his time typing up comments that will get deleted, have at it.

For the rest, thank you all. Many have emailed me, and I appreciate it. I will answer the ones want a response soon.

FD45FD45almost 8 years ago
You know, Swingerjoe

Maybe if you talked ONLY about the story, you would only be labelled as a pretentious ass (such as myself) instead of an asshole who likes sticking dirty fingers into the eyes of...well...pretty much everyone here.

I get that some people like to define themselves as a 'knowing contrarian' (I do it myself) but you continue to go personal at commenters.

***

Javmor, having said nice things (it made me think), the style of the piece was clumsily done, I believe. Now, reading it, I could see why you went with that format, but I am not sure it was the best route. It felt awkward and abrupt.

How would I have done it? Not sure. It was a difficult piece to try to write, but you missed the mark on style and flow.

aptonthe503aptonthe503almost 8 years ago
Another Enjoyable Story

Short and fun. Liked the banter between the wives, thought you captured their superficial natures well. I also thought you nailed their hypocrisy!

Thank you for sharing and please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Kind of fun.

Kind of.

FD45FD45almost 8 years ago
Not sure if it was hypocrisy so much as tribalism and empathy

But really, why choose one.

Example. I knew a guy named Tom. He was a little short but the guy was CUT! He was self deprecating, wickedly intelligent, helped people who wanted help, always did his share of his work or more.

Everyone at our shop liked Tom.

Tom's wife was a bitch. She always yelled and belittled Tom, sometimes publically. His face, when he took her phone calls, was something to behold.

So...what do you think our reaction would have been if Tom cheated on that harridan? Cricket cricket. Does that make cheating right? Of course not! However, we probably would have overlooked his flaws because he had earned some 'social credit' from us. Because he was a guy among guys, a coworker, a friend and a helper.

This is how these women know the cheater. Now, we have no idea if the couple had a Tom/Bitch relationship, which makes their actions less justifiable, but again, who among us here has not known at least on cheater who was a friend and done nothing? And yes, just cutting back on seeing him/her is 'doing nothing' if you aren't telling the other spouse.

This story is sort of clever for showing that tribalism: 'The sins of my friend are understandable. The sins of a stranger are beyond the pale.' Thought I think there is that 'gender bias' on cheating.

But remember that other gender biased stereotype which exists: She preordained to forgive him but he is not supposed to forgive her. Interesting how these things work out, no?

javmor79javmor79almost 8 years agoAuthor
@FD45

Interesting. I can definitely see that. We always tend to see the best in those we care about. In our story, they are the sympathetic protagonist. I like the parallel you used with Tom.

I had a guy on my ship who cheated on his wife. Great guy, awesome friend, but bad husband. When his wife took the kids away from him and made it hard for him to see them, we all felt his pain. Yet it seems that these stories in LW almost demand that the guy does that to his wife when she is caught cheating.

Thanks for that. Food for thought.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years ago
Dear FD45

You're under the mistaken impression that I give a rat's ass what anyone on this site thinks of me. Don't beat yourself up about it. It's a common mistake. :)

A lot of folks here seem to believe that if you have an opinion, that makes you "pretentious." Well, I'm okay with that. You, FD45, as well as the author, are among the most "pretentious" people on this site -- and I thank you both for that. I wouldn't bother visiting this site if it weren't for people like you.

As to the charge of deliberately poking certain people in the eye: guilty as charged. I can't help myself. Trust me, I've tried.

Sorry to use the comments section of your story as a chat room, Javmor, but I didn't design this site.

telboy17telboy17almost 8 years ago
This is life

The email that started this story threw me. In a large majority of stories in this category it is the opposite of what is stated. It is the wife who is a bitch, whore etc.

The tribalism mentioned is so true though for both the men and the women. You stick by and support your mates/girlfriends, even as the facts evolve and change. You see it all through life - in good times and in bad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
So the busy bodies are out in force

And they're all talk and no action. Not sure this is a LW story. Yes, there are wives and there are husbands. And we hear the wives suppositions of what was going on in their friends marriage. But is that really what was happening? We don't know. This story is either unfinished or uninteresting. Not sure which. Not up to your normal standards.

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
a lot to think about

the sign of a well written story.

rnebularrnebularalmost 8 years ago
Good tongue in cheek story

I liked it. Not too much serious character building other than what is needed to set the stage. Some stories don't need to be all fire and brimstone, hell wrought on the offender in gory detail types. This one was a nice exploration into what several state as the tribalism that we humans so naturally. There could be a follow up to this, but not sure it's really needed. Great work getting the crowd riled up, as usual jav.

Rnebular

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@swingerjoe

You can't blame structure of site for chosing to snipe at fd45 in the comment secrion of story and expect anyone to believe false apology to javmor.

One click on fd45 gets to his page one more click and your sending private message to him.

Even the much maligned and unwashed anon lepers know that.

You may or may not be an ''i do not care'' idiot but neither are the rest of us fools.

You wanted to fire off a very public shot at fd45 and you did

Quit the pretense.

I certainly wanted to have my take on you read by one and by all

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
INTERESTING TALE

YOUR WRITING AND NARRATIVE HAVE A FOLK TALE QUALITY. I AM 87 AND SOMEWHERE IN TIME, I HAVE A SIMILAR STORY. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME, EFFORT AND TALENT AND THANKS FOR SHARING.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
your intro

ALL OF THE FRIENDS defended cheating wife? Or just ALLOF FEMALE FRIENDS.

Certainly we run in different crowds-yours being the elites.

I can tell you amongst all our friends, no matter the sex of cheater, no one sympathizes with that person.

William_LinesWilliam_Linesover 5 years ago
A study of the Female Mind.

Interesting story. It shows the mindset of women when they congregate.

Billy Lines

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Really?!?

William_Lines, BULLSHIT! It was a table full of whores who co-signed her behavior because they would probably cheat themselves! They’re all whores and no self respecting phuqing woman would condone cheating just because it was a female who was doing it! They gave excuses for her behavior but none of those bitches wanted that phuqing slag at their homes near THEIR husbands! The ending of the story should have been the conversation was recorded and ALL of those bitches got what was phuqing coming to them! Filthy skanks!

mizou28mizou28over 5 years ago
nice story 5*

thank you for sharing.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 5 years ago
Great “insight” into the female psyche.

I truly feel this is how some women think.

5-stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What

What story was Etchiboy reading?.The one I have just read under Cheating Bastard was a load of crap.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Funny

That was funny, and it's been argued to death. I'll just let it go as another good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Mmmm close to the truth

Suppose I'll be accused of being a misogynist, when I say this is pretty much how it would fall in real life. The sisterhood always support their own.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story

All women are misandrists

ErotFanErotFanalmost 4 years ago
Nice little vignette

You certainly painted a verbal picture with this one. Probably one of the best short stories on the site.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Women, they can be really women.

knoxhardknoxhardabout 3 years ago
the comments

Wow. Craziest thing I've read in a while is the assertion in these comments that women forgive and men don't. Exactly backward from my experience.

Women never forget and never truly forgive. Anything. Ever. They are far more critical and far more demanding in relationships. They nurse and cultivate their grievances for decades. And the grievances don't even have to be rational or based in fact. Simply feeling like they are getting less than their fair share is all the "reason" they need. In all the marriages of people I know well (family and friends), the women tend to over-value their own contributions and under-value their husbands'. In a few cases, their relative valuations are beyond laughable.

Women love to play the victim. Period. They do the vast majority of the nagging and complaining. Women the forgivers?! Oh, please. On what planet?!

There's a reason they file the vast majority of divorces and often deliberately provoke the husband to file in those minority of cases where they don't want to file themselves. Women end marriages. Most men will put up with incredible amounts of shit without bailing. Many do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow, you nailed it. Reminds me why I'm happy to be single

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

Wow..you sure captured and properly narrated the social dichotomy of the wild cackle/flock female suburbanites in there natural environment. It's like a bloody NatGeo only there isnt a pride of lions that could cull a few of them from the herd. Hangon i guess thats what divorce does..though usually the male suburbanite gets it worse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nailed it: Women are hypocrites and pigs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Author should heed this and stop writing the husbands in his story with this women's mindset, taking the cheating wife's blame.

Let the cheaters take all the blame and responsibility of their cheating.

Instead of putting down the wronged husband, put down the cheater's lovers instead.

ibuguseribuguseralmost 3 years ago

Very nice. We've all been there : don't know all the facts? Speculate!

I like your writing style. 5*

AlanDavidAlanDavidover 2 years ago

Unfinished, leaves you hanging on all aspects.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Agree with AlanDavid, story is unfinished and doesn't give you a clue as to what was going on with Jen and David and Why Jen cheated on him.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

As I read this story, I realize the tale isn't about Jen and David but instead the women are shallow and not the least bit interesting. They wallow in their disconnected ideas which only display their ability to find traction no matter how many twists and turns life throw. I know it sounds misogynistic; however, I have heard this type of conversations all my career. Also, the conversation is typical for non-working wives... Ones who have no claim to fame

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonover 1 year ago

I wanted the twist to be that it was one of their husbands that Jen was cheating with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story isn't about David and Jen. It is about the three vapid wives who jump from one conclusion to another. I feel bad for Gina.

parenthesisparenthesisover 1 year ago

Well written and amusing, thanks.

Pity some of the commentators don't 'get it's.

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

Friendship only goes so far.

Pjam1968Pjam19688 months ago

Very well written indeed, thanks for the tale

oldtwitoldtwit8 months ago

Oh I can imagine that being a real thing, nice story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

so much for her friends being there for her

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sorry but you could flip genders on everyone and get much the same results. Maybe conversations would be different but it would amount to the same. First leap would be to BTB. Then when asked to help, yeah maybe they let the guy crash on their couch for a night but in general they would disassociate from the couple in trouble.

AllNigherAllNigher3 months ago

Wow. People are really dense. At least half the comments didn't get the point of the story at all.... Just wanted a typical by the numbers logging wife story. I think the are like three of them.

Refreshing, and as the previous commenter pointed out, gender could be switched with sight changes in the conversation but the danger overall switch in bland and it would feel just a realistic. It's a human thing, not a woman thing.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean3 months ago

sadly fairly accurate of how group thinks works

jflindersjflindersabout 2 months ago

Sometimes one reads a great story on LW, one that exhibits insights into the nature of some members of our species. Sometimes, as here, readers get additional benefit from reading comments that accidentally give additional insights into some members of our species. It can be an interesting exercise for each of us (yes, I'm including myself) ask ourselves what we're deliberately or inadvertently revealing about ourselves in our comments.

Thanks javmor, I enjoyed it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjavmor79@javmor79
2302 Followers
I enjoy my job as much as anyone else, but I LOVE writing. It's a fun escape. Real life leaves me precious little time to fully enjoy my hobby. I apologize to people who have to wait weeks between chapters of my stories. I enjoy reading erotic stories, but find that when I ...

SIMILAR Stories