All Comments on 'Cherry Blossom'

by kreigen12

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
Highlander76Highlander76over 5 years ago
A weird jigsaw of a story…

First of all, you need an editor. I don't know whether English is your first language or not, but this story reads like the work of an eager student who's learnt some naughty words. Your word order, sentence structure and general use of English are all over the place.

That wouldn't interfere with the enjoyment of your story… except that there is a distinct lack of structure and logical sequence. Why do they have to go out of town, when Richard has a place and Norah has a place? Why, after Richard comes over Norah's chest, do they not only go for a shower (a wipe would be enough) but then go out for breakfast? How can they manage to share a hotel room without being in the same bed all night long, even though they fancy each other? Why do they wait until they go out into a clearing by a lake before getting it on fully? And so on…

I recommend that you sort out your ideas first, make notes on the sequence of the events you're going to recount, then write your story. After that, leave it alone for at least a day, then re-read it with a critical eye before posting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous