Cherry Locked Ch. 11-15

Story Info
A modern day virgin redefines the definition and entraps two.
15.1k words
4.45
870
2
0

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 01/28/2024
Created 01/11/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I think the universe is punishing me for being fast with men. What else would explain the nightmare?? I haven't been going about my plan as I should. I'm supposed to keep pure until I'm married. I've done the opposite. Now my actions have consequences. I can't be reckless anymore... From now on, I won't be.

The dark desire of lust is a turnoff now. It's taboo. I can't break my rule. I have to be celibate until my honeymoon. Meaning no fooling around or near-sex experiences. That's how it has to be...how it should be. I hear a newscaster reporting an oncoming thunderstorm from the tv. My mind wakes before I do. My eyes don't open. I don't know why. It takes some time for my delayed eyelids to slide upward. Brad is sleeping in the chair, which is pushed towards the bed.

I watch him sleep, grinning at his hands on his lap and open mouth. Gentle platters of rain battered the windows. The dark sky is cloudy. Flickers of lightning burst the sky; low rumbling follows a few seconds after. I peer out the windows at the flashing storm and wonder if Lil and Jess are out in it.

The search party should be inside...I hope they are too. God, I need my phone. I could just text Lil. Now I'm worried about her safety over mine. My bestie is tough, but I don't want her out in what the news is calling a heavy storm.

On the screen, the radar has a mass of green and red heading this way. I remember that the doctor left a phone on the bed. I feel around for it, not finding it there. Instead, it's back on the table by the door.

Can I make it over there?

I think I can.

I hang my leg off the bed; wincing at the stabs of pain. The bed crinkles as I try to put my foot on the floor. Brad stirs from his sleep, full of alarm. He sits up and lock his coffee eyes on mine. "Do you need help?" His voice is groggy.

"Umm..." I grimace at my leg. "Yeah, I want to call Lil to make sure she's not out in this storm." I relax my leg.

Brad digs into his jean pocket to retrieve his phone. "Here." He types in his passcode before holding it out to me.

"You trust me with your phone?" I gape.

"Yeah."

I take it. "What if I snoop?"

"You can."

I glance at the apps on its home screen and his messenger. There's a notification for five new texts. I stare at it. How can he trust me this much already? I wouldn't trust him with mine...not that I'm doing stuff behind his back. I just haven't deleted Tinder yet. I wonder if he deleted his."Are you still on Tinder?" I ask while clicking on the phone app to punch in Lil's number.

"No. You?"

"Don't get mad...but...I haven't deleted it yet."

"Why not?" He's hurt by this.

I shrug. "I haven't got around to it."

"Could you delete it?"

I nod to assure him. "I will." I call. I place the phone to my ear. I'm stunned by how quick she answers. "Is everything okay? What's wrong??!" There's pure panic in her voice.

"Hey, it's me. Everything's good. I'm just calling to tell you to get inside; there's a storm coming."

"We're heading back now, be there in about fifteen minutes."

"Okay, good, drive safe."

"We will, hon."

I hang up and give Brad back his phone. "They're on the way." I glance over at the small sofa. "I hope that lets out into a daybed." Brad rubs his eyes. I realize they're red from lack of sleep...or from crying. "Sorry I woke you up."

"That's okay. You're looking better; your color is coming back."

"I must have looked like a ghost, huh?"

"A little." I peer down at my hands and then look at him through my lashes. He acts as if this gesture sweeps him off his feet. Brad does the breathless thing again. I've stolen air from his lungs. "You're so beautiful."

I snort. "No, I'm not. I gotta look terrible."

"You don't." He leans forward to kiss me softly.

"Aww." I give him a nose nookie. "Stop being so sweet."

"No." I laugh at his bluntness. A striking bolt of lightning blinds the sky. A monstrous wave of thunder makes me yelp. Brad snickers. His full lips linger on mine and curl into a smile. He peers down at me. Once again, the look of eternal desire returns. "I need to tell you something." He whispers. "Maddy...I lo-"

I place a finger on his lips. "You can't say that yet!"

"Why not?"

"Because you can't...that's supposed to come later."

"Says who?" He kisses my finger, then moves my palm to his mouth to do the same.

"Says the rules." I blurt.

"I can't help how I feel."

"How are you even there yet? I'm not...I mean, I like you a lot, but... Are you sure?"

"I am."

"But...how???"

Brad is amused by my question. "You're asking me how I lo-"

"Ahh, don't say it!" I cut him off. "Just answer."

He strokes a line from my palm to my inner wrist. "I just do."

"I need a better explanation than that."

"Everything doesn't need an explanation. I can't help how I feel."

"You're just saying this because I'm hurt; you think you have to say it."

"No, I'm not. I wanted to tell you at my place. I chose not to."

"Why?"

"I wasn't sure..."

"What makes you sure now?"

Brad's eyes lower to my wrapped-up arms and remain there. "Seeing you covered in blood...and lifeless scared me more than anything. I knew if you were to..." He huffs and stares at me sorrowfully, "if you had gone from this world, I would have followed you." A wounded expression belonging to an abandoned dog seizes his soul.

My breaths catch in my lungs; my mouth drops. "You can't possibly mean that."

"I do."

"You must still be in shock or something."

"Or I believe in love at first sight."

I snicker. "More like love at first hump."

"That too." He cackles.

"Geez!" Lil exclaims while coming through the door. "It's bad out."

I stare at the windows. A white sheet of rain leaves no visibility of the surroundings. "Whoa...."

Jessica closes the door and takes off soaked gym shoes. Her black hair is flattened on her cheeks, and her hoodie is beyond damp.

Lil closes a dripping umbrella. Her midnight blue hair is shiny and wet. "I took a picture of the shrine." My bestie operates her phone while circling around the bed to show me. A picture of the entrance of the hospital cluttered with teddy bears, get-well signs, candles, balloons, and flowers. "That's so sweet, right?"

My heart swells. "I can't believe strangers care this much."

"Well, I guess the saying,"the kindness of strangers," is true. Oh, I picked you up a cake with extra fudge." She wiggles a clear container of sweet bread.

"You're gonna fatten me up."

"Crap, she's onto us. Jess, ready the getaway car!" She uses a villainous voice. Jessica hums the mission impossible theme music. Lil does a robber tiptoe to the beat. What kills me is when Brad hums along in a deeper tone while Jessica goes higher.

I give out a gut-wrenching laugh, which hurts my stomach. "Please stop!" I snort like a pig. The silliness goes on despite my command. I end up teary-eyed.

"We have to give you some joyful pain." Lil gives me the cake.

"Any luck?" Brad queries.

"No...people think the guy skipped the state...or country. But it doesn't hurt to keep hope."

Jessica sits on the opposite side of the bed and grins at me. There's a hint of sympathy she can't hide. "I know you probably don't want to talk about it...but how did he look? It's hard locating someone without a description."

"True." Lil seconds. "Why haven't the police interviewed you yet? It's so weird that they're hunting without an illustration."

"It is...especially now that the guy ditched the car." Brad comments.

"Maybe Uber handed over dashcam footage...or his employee photo," I deduce. "I'm sorry...Jessica, but I can't..."

"Alright." She places a hand over mine. "Take your time."

When I finish the cake, I use a face wipe to clean my mouth. I can be a slob sometimes, especially over chocolate. The news report my case for about a minute, since there are no new developments. I'm thankful to be spared. I hate the overdramatic news reporters who act more concerned than they actually are.

I enjoy the support I have in the room from people who actually care. I wonder if my parents know about my situation. They're over a hundred miles away in Montana. If only I had my phone. I bet I have so many missed calls. I use Brad's cell again to call my mom. The line rings for some time; before dropping to a silent tone. I hang up. "I'll try again in the morning."

"Is it the right number?" Lil knows who I'm trying to call without me saying. She frowns at the phone.

"It should be...unless my mom has a new one."

"Think about it in the morning." My boyfriend eases my troubled mind. My face flinches. My hand hurries to massage it. "You okay?"

"Yeah...it's probably a muscle spasm." The sensation leaves for a few seconds...then returns tenfold. The back of my head hammers blindingly. A water fall effect fills my skull. A needling stab makes me clutch the back of my head. "AHHH!!!" I exclaim loudly. All three of them rush to hover over me.

"MADDY?!"

"ARE YOU OKAY??? WHAT'S WRONG???!!"

"CALL THE DOCTOR!!"

The ceiling lights burn my retinas. The room spins. I hyperventilate and scream when a thumping pressure smashes my head. Their worried faces crowd mine. My friends' mouths move, but I can't make out any words. All I hear is buzzing. The insides of my ears leak. My body vibrates against my will. The ceiling lights blaze and fry my irises. I scream in pain. I can't hear myself.

Brad yells something towards the door. Lily turns to stone. Jess runs from the room. The searing pain in my head is unbearable. I lose my grip on consciousness.

Darkness is all I see. It's as if I'm blindfolded. I can't open my eyes!! I hear the hectic hospital room. The beeping monitor frightens me. There's no break in the sound. AM I FLAT-LINING?? I freak out about how rapidly my heart is pumping blood. My head is weightless...and scorches up hell.

"What is the issue here?" a doctor asks franticly.

"Head pain?" Another says.

"When did it begin?"

"A few minutes ago. Should we do an MRI?"

"The current MRI shows no brain injuries. This could be a side effect from the strong medication."

Is the doctor right? I hope that's what this is. But the liquid sensation worries me. My brain hasn't stopped trickling water...or is it blood? The nerves of my brain fire off like a cannonball. Persistent dizziness spins my surroundings. I feel faint again. I try to hold on.

I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK THERE!!

I try to scream this aloud, but my mouth is incapable of moving. My body is paralyzed. I can't summon enough strength to part my lips. I begin to fade away.

I CAN'T FALL UNCONSIOUS AGAIN! I'M SCARED! NOO!! WAKE UP!! My mind bellows desperately. SNAP OUT OF IT!! WAKE UP! I WANT BRAD. WHERE IS HE?!!

The thoughts in my head fizzle out. Silence plugs my ears. I stare at a pit. It drags on so long that I figure I'm dead. There's no other explanation for the zero sound and visuals. Not a glimmer of light seeps through. There's supposed to be a tunnel of white. There isn't. It's utter isolation. Darker than space...

I think my soul is gone. I believe I'm gone. A swarm of voices comes from far away. This brings hope that I'm alive. The tones are from different people. It sounds as if they're arguing. I focus on one of them to determine what's being said. I use all of my physical might to do so. The frontal lobe of my brain flexes. I demand my mind to listen.

"No, you're not taking her anywhere! Who do you think you are?" I wish it wasn't so faint. I can hardly comprehend the words. I'm sure I'm mishearing the conversation.

"Maybe he should. Maddy can't stay here with these damn doctors." That's my Lily. I know her sound even in death...or near death. Whatever state I'm in.

"Yes, she can't. There isn't enough time to bicker. Madison is getting worse. Let me take her. My doctors can reverse her condition. The resources here are limited, and the staff isn't as attentive as they should be. She won't face this outcome if I take her."

"Are you sure she can be transported?"

"I'm positive. But as I said, we have to be quick."

"I don't know about this," Jess speaks hesitantly.

"I say no, let the hospital do their job." This is Brad. Yes, that's his cozy voice, but who is the other guy? His voice isn't registering. Is he further away?

"You're trusting her here after what just happened?? You're not so bright, are you?"

"BRAD, NO!!" Lily shouts. I hear scuffling and heavy footsteps. What is going on??? This is so infuriating! My damn eyes need to open! "WALK IT OFF!" Lil yells like a drill sergeant. "DON'T YOU DARE FIGHT AROUND HER!" There's more scuffling. It's going away from me. Brad is being shoved; the sound of his dragging feet confirms this. The door slams. She puffs out air, then says, "we're trusting you to do better than these damn idiots. If you don't, I'll make your life a living hell!"

"You have my word."

I still can't detect the voice...or make sense of what I'm hearing. I'm getting a headache. I'm glad there's no more talking. My mind is put at ease. I must be back in the void. I believe it's Death Valley.

My soul, or whatever I am, grows stronger. I sense my drained body being replenished. I'm strengthening. I can move my eyes and my mouth now. My hearing restores. A crashing noise surrounds me. Not a bad kind..it's.a restful crashing. I'm aware of my body; I'm lying in bed. My fingers clutch at extremely soft sheets. Ones that are too luxurious for a hospital. It's what I would think satin would feel like.

I breathe effortlessly. Sunlight beams onto my eyelids. The baking sun is a blessing after being in the void. My temperature must have dropped. When I open my eyes, there, right before me, is the most dreamland view of a beach. The Pacific Ocean thrashes on glowing sand in the most marvelous motion. I sit up in bed. The wind brushes my blonde hair back in a gush. White curtains blow from cherry wood windows. They're massive and stretch the wall before me.

I'm in a room...not a hospital. This is a house. I lay in a California king-sized bed covered in pure white sheets. A standing monitor rests beside the bed with multiple bags of fluids. My arm has four IVs plugged into it.

I examine the sitting chairs in the corners, bookcases, and a flatscreen tv well over 90 inches. Tropical portraits hang on cream walls, and the blackest wood floors span at least 200 feet.

This room is gigantic! Too humongous to belong to someone in my class. This is a rich person's home. I only know one person who could own such a place. The peonies and the fancy card point to this being Jace Harrison's estate. That was him asking to take me away. But why? What happened?!

The ocean wind whips wildly and tussles my hair over my head. I gather it and tie it to the back while the air gushes continue.

A jumbo, two-sided door opens from my right. A woman in a maid outfit smiles. "Hello, Ms. Hart." She greets me so formally that I feel more important than I am. The maid pushes in a tray of breakfast food. Gourmet food by the looks of the quality of the texture. Everything on the tray looks sculpted by the gods; as if artwork brought to life. Jumbo and extremely vibrant. French toast, blueberries, oatmeal, and waffles. "What are you in the mood for?"

"Oh...umm. French toast and oatmeal. Thank you."

"You're welcome, Ms. Hart." The woman fixes my plate while handing me a cup of orange juice. "Are you comfortable? Need any adjustments?"

"No, I'm okay, thank you." I sip the juice.

"Are you sure?" She rests the plate on my lap.

"Yes."

"I'm just making sure Mr. Harrison's orders are followed. You're allowed anything you ask for, even if it's an errand."

I scoop a spoon into the oatmeal. "He said that?"

"Yes."

"Well...he shouldn't have." I retort, irritated. "I don't have to be waited on hand and foot. Once I'm better, I won't be an issue for you."

"Oh, it's no issue at all. It's my job. I enjoy it." The woman gives me an embroidered napkin; it's lacy and resembles a Japanese fan. "If there's anything you need, just ring that bell." She gestures to the device on a nightstand. "Any questions?"

"Yes. How long have I been here?"

"3 days."

"3 days???" I repeat, flabbergasted. "But...wasn't I just at the hospital last night?"

"No, you were here, miss."

"That doesn't seem right. Where did the time go?"

"You were in a temporary coma."

I squeeze the metal spoon so hard that it imprints into my palm. "COMA??" I stammer. Complete terror floods my veins. "I WAS IN A COMA???!" I exclaim hoarsely.

"Yes."

"How?!" The metal spoon cuts into my palm. I hiss from the stinging pressure.

The lady comes to loosen it and pats my hand comfortingly. "You're all better now, dear." Her kind-hearted voice persuades me to let go of the spoon. It drops into the porridge, clinging. The shape of the spoon marks my palm. I cut off its circulation. She massages the area. "There's no need to work up your anxiety. Be calm."

"I don't understand. How did that happen?" My voice raises an octave due to panic.

"I'm not informed on the matter. All I know is that you've improved. You could ask Mr. Harrison for more details once he arrives home. The Strygent expo will conclude in 2 hours. Would you like to tune in to the event?"

I stare blankly at her. "Sure..." My tone is flat and unnerved. The maid uses a remote to turn on the flatscreen and press numbers for a channel. "Is there a phone I could use? I need to make calls."

"Of course, I'll be back in a jiffy." She heads to the door.

"Hold the mix." The funny side of my mind comes to help me as a coping mechanism.

The maid is lost by my words until it clicks in her mind. "Oh, haha, funny. Jiffy Mix!" She laughs, holding her belly. "I'm glad you have a sense of humor; it'll help with the healing."

"I hope so." I huff longingly.

"It will." The maid departs into a luxurious hallway baring high crown molding and classy wallpaper. I eat some oatmeal and take a few bites of toast. I lose my appetite fast and lay my head in my hands. "I was in a coma?!" I freak. "What?! Oh my god!!" When footsteps approach, I break from the dismal position and gaze at the door.

"Which would you prefer?" She gives me a box of iPhones, Galaxies, and BlackBerrys. There are about 30 inside and all are still in their original packaging. Brand new.

"Whoa! Why so many?!"

"Mr. Harrison has a tendency of dropping his phone from the helicopter. It's a habit he can't break."

"No pun intended...or is there pun intended? I don't know." I shrug and grab an iPhone 13.

She cackles. "You're a blast, aren't you?"

"Mostly."

"It's nice having some comedy around here." The maid rolls the tray out of the room. She nods me farewell before closing the door.

I unbox the new phone and power it on. I try to fight the image of my old phone being snatched from my hand and hurled out the car window. I lose. I can't keep the memory away...it wins.

Don't think about that.

I wag my head to rid it of the scene. After the phone boots up and is set to English, I go to the Wi-Fi settings. There's only one labeled J.H. It occurs to me that I don't know the password. I peep at the door, then at the bell on the table. Before I can even lean over to ring it, the password is shared with me.

Oh...huh? That's cool. The maid must have done that. I'd like to get her name instead of calling her the maid. I debate who I should call. Brad or Lily? Hmm...Brad might still be mad...but I have to tell someone I'm at Jace's place. He would blow a gasket if I told him, so Lily it is. I'll call Brad after.