Cherry Locked Ch. 11-15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As soon as Lily picks up, I say, "you wouldn't believe where I am right now!"

"A hospital...right?"

"No...I'm at Jace Harrison's beach house." I state, awestruck.

"Like...an actual beach house?!"

"Yes, I can show you." I switch the call to FaceTime to film the vast windows and the sunny beach.

"Oh damn! That's not a house; that's a mansion! Geez! Why did he take you there?"

"I'm as lost as you are. I thought I was at another hospital."

"I did too. Well, at least you sound better."

"I feel better." I flip the camera view around to smile.

"Good. None of us need you screaming and fainting again. Jace included. I don't even know how he knew where you were. Or that you had gotten worse. He arrived an hour after demanding your release."

"I heard some of the conversation...but not all of it. Tell me what went wrong?"

"You had bleeding on the brain for 7 hours without receiving medical attention. Your doctor assumed the heavy medication was the cause. So, we believed her and kind of cooled down. Then Jace showed up with a team of doctors. They forced an immediate transfer of medical custody into their private board."

"Custody into what?"

"Girl, I don't even know. I didn't like how bad you got or how you went untreated. Jace said your time was running out. I guess his doctors informed him. They're the top in the state. That meant better resources for you. But Brad didn't like how Jace came in and dominated things."

"That I recall."

"He tried to fight Jace. Me and Jess stopped him and made him leave."

I hold my head. "This is all so crazy."

"It was...and scary as hell." Lily expresses gloomily. "You wouldn't wake up after your head went berserk. I didn't like how limp you were...or that I couldn't get in the helicopter with you." Her despair and sentiment weigh on my heart. She sounds so broken.

"Aww, I wish you could have. We can't be apart."

"I know, right? This distance is gonna bring on a curse or something." She laughs and sobs at the same time. "Text me the address so I can come to you."

"Umm... I have no idea where I am."

"The place looks pretty isolated. I didn't see any people around."

"I'll ask the maid for the address when she comes back."

"Geez, a maid?!"

"Yep...I feel like a celebrity." I chuckle.

"No...you're at a billionaire's house that's beyond celebrity level. How does it feel?"

"Like I'm in a staged house on a movie set."

"Hmm...typical rich shit, they can never live reasonably. If I had dough, I'd still be cheap."

"Me too. Penny pinching for life."

"I don't know. I think you broke that cycle. I mean, you're at Jace Harrison's house. There's something behind all of this."

"He's just being nice."

"Maddy..." Lil stretches out my name as if I'm being completely dumb. "There's something behind it...Jace wants you."

"If he does, oh well. I'm not going for a playboy. Jace is just being hospitable. That's all."

"No. I think the wallet scheme got him into you."

"I'm with Brad, remember? And he's so far ahead of me with the relationship. He tried to tell me he loved me. I had to stop him. Twice."

"HE DID WHAT??!!" She bellows.

"You heard me right. Brad tried to say the L-word. He said he believes in love at first sight. I love how invested he is and think this is finally my shot. So, whatever is going on here regarding Jace can't go any further than a nice gesture. I'll thank him, then go back to my boyfriend."

"Why would he say that?!"

"He was being honest."

"It hasn't even been a month of dating!"

"It is sudden...I hope it was just the nerves talking."

"Hopefully, it was. You two haven't even got real with each other yet. It's puppy dog love, that's all."

"It better be...because I'm nowhere near where he is. I don't want to lie and say I am out of pity."

"You two need a deep talk once everything is back to normal. How much longer are you staying there?"

"I'm not sure. The host isn't here; I have to wait until he gets home."

"Where is he?"

I flip the camera around. "At an expo."

On TV, an arena of people applauds something labeled "Sea-Pactor". It's some sort of long tube machine, like a vacuum but larger and self-moving. Jace rocks a navy suit jacket and pants with a black turtleneck. His dark hair is neatly tamed and shoulder length. The loose curls have him resembling a Greek god. Even through the tv screen, his emerald eyes are intoxicating. He's on a futuristic, white stage. Jace announces something about the machine, but the waves are too loud. I can't hear.

"What's he saying?"

"Umm..." I look around for the remote. It's on the bookcase shelf. "The remote is all the way over there," I complain.

"Any other time that would be lazy, you're lucky you have a pass." Lil's screen goes to a colorful box. "I'll check Twitter."

"Judging by the name, it gotta have something to do with sea cleaning."

"You're right. The sea-pactor is a modified Roomba that will clean trash from the ocean on autopilot. The device will eliminate 13% of sea junk within the next five years. Okay...that's badass."

On the screen, the sea-pactor is lowered into a floor compartment. The audience claps. Jace stands on stage, soaking up applause with much gratitude. His dazzling smile lights up the screen. The next product's name displays on a banner before it's lifted from the floor. Stryger F15. This one is long and covered up. "I need that remote." I glower at it from afar.

"No need. The showcase is listed online. The Stryger F15 is a completely solar-powered car. No gas, no electricity, no pollution. And no to that price, it's $112k. Somebody did not just say that's a good price! Hold up...let me be a troll real quick."

"Uh oh..."

The door opens. The maid comes in with a tray of soup and crackers. "This will help with your iron levels. Although a blood transfusion replenished you, it wouldn't hurt to be cautious."

"Oh, thank you." I cringe at the plate of food I barely touched. "Sorry, I wasn't hungry for breakfast."

"There's no need for apologies, Ms. Hart."

"I didn't get your name...and you can call me Madison. Ms. Hart makes me sound like a schoolteacher."

"First name basis it is. I'm Helen." I make out gray streaks in her brown hair. "You have a lovely name." Helen notes that the tv is drowned out by the sea. She goes to close the windows and swipes the curtains to the side. "Can you hear now, or should I up the volume?"

I listen. The crowd cheers. Jace reports on a sleek, muscle car, "the Stryger F15 retails at $112k."

"Yes, I can hear, thank you."

"Of course." Helen clears away the food I barely touched, then sets down the bowl of soup and crackers. She rolls the tray out and shuts the door.

"This model is far more expensive, yes. Only because it lasts a month on sun power and only requires ten hours of daylight. Strygent strives..." The crowd chuckles at the rhyme, so does Jace. "On affordability and offers income-restricted leases and various payment plans. Everything isn't about a high price. Clean energy automobiles shouldn't alienate the classes. As one, we must improve the environment...divided, we will forever lose it." The jam-packed audience applauds.

"Okay, I take that back...it is affordable." Lil sniggers from the other line. "Payment plans are $700 a year. That's insane! I thought the rich were money hungry. It takes guts to cut costs." She praises. "Especially for a car that looks like a damn Lamborghini. I could get one. Now that's inclusion."

"That is something." I agree with her, unable to hide my admiration.

"Do you think he's still just a playboy?"

"Yes, I do." I look into the lens to roll my eyes. "He might have a big heart. That doesn't mean he treats women well. Last I checked, he's been with 33 women in the last 4 years. No telling how many before that."

"Probably over a hundred...he's a real-life Tony Stark, minus the superhero bit. Meaning he's a genius slut."

"Definitely."

"Brad just texted me for an update; you should call him."

"Yeah...I think he should be level-headed now. I'll text later."

"Alright, bye, babe."

"Bye." I crumble saltine crackers into the soup while simultaneously dialing my boyfriend. I eat about five spoon full as I wait for a pickup.

"Hello?"

"It's me. Hi."

"You got a new phone?"

"Not really, I borrowed one. I miss you."

"You sound better. Where are you? I need to see you."

I scratch the back of my head. "Promise you won't get mad."

"Why would I?"

"Just promise, please?" The line is quiet for a few seconds. I almost wonder if the connection broke. I read the screen to make sure the call is still live. It is.

"Okay, I promise."

I try to say where I am, but my mouth keeps starting and stopping. He's going to lose it. It's been peaceful...my first peaceful day since the accident. But...I already mentioned it, so I can't withdraw. My sight lands on the windows and the remarkable ocean view. I force myself to say, "I'm at Jace Harrison's house. I didn't know I would be. I heard the debate you all had at the hospital and thought I was being sent to another one."

"YOU'RE WHERE??!!"

I hold the phone away due to his enraged hollering. "Please don't yell."

"WHY ARE YOU AT HIS PLACE?!"

"I guess his doctors are here, so I am."

"That doesn't add up!"

"Why not? I'm telling you the truth!" I raise my voice.

"Is there something you need to tell me???"

I rub at my temple and huff. "No...drop it, okay."

"How do you know each other?"

"Nothing is going on. Jace is just a customer from the country club."

"I'm not buying that! The guy had a dick measuring contest. He ordered to take you away, and now you're at his house! This isn't adding up. You need to tell me the truth!"

I glare at the phone. "I just told you!"

"I don't think you did!"

"I just told you I didn't know I would be here; you're not listening to me!"

"Because you're lying. I know who this Jace guy is. He has a reputation. He isn't doing this out of the goodness of his heart! No one gives without getting something in return!"

"Are you implying that I'm one of his side pieces??!" My hand quakes: the phone I hold pulsates uncontrollably. "I don't have time for this! You just ruined my day. I hope you're happy!" I end the call and throw the phone towards the end of the bed. I can't believe he would accuse me of cheating! Brad didn't even hear me out!

My blood boils. My nostrils flare. I have the urge to slap him. To kick him in the nuts for treating me so badly. The strongest loathing I've ever felt overrides my soul. I never thought I would say this...I hate him.

The expo is background noise. I don't care about revolutionary machinery anymore. I don't care to even enjoy Jace on the screen. The call ended all my interest. I focus on my hands and channel the anger surging within. How could he be so dumb? I'm seeing him and no one else. How could he be that mean to me??

I thought he would understand...but he made his own narrative. I hate him! Why would he think that low of me? Why would he hurt me like that? If he loves me...he needs to act like it.

I brood until the sun sets. The strawberry orange sky hold patchy clouds. The muffled ocean writhes. The captivating scenery removes me from reality and into a wonderland. The mansion is high off the ground. It overlooks the beach. I strain my neck as far as possible to see how low it drops. I'm unable to see past the wrap-around deck.

There's a recap of all the expo announcements on the TV. There were 25 in total; each is on a ranked list.

"Now, the sea-pactor has to go as number one as groundbreaking, but there are some doozies." The broadcaster laughs harshly. "The pfilter is, of course, last on the list. It has a horrible design, way too bulky, and will affect the environment worse than actual plastic!" The guy is riled up about this. "But, let me not get ahead of myself. The ranking will continue right after these sponsored messages." A Tesla commercial plays on the screen.

The room's door pulls inward. Helen comes in with dinner. Spaghetti, cheesy broccoli, steak, and a slice of freshly baked bread. She sets up a dinner tray across my lap. When the food is placed atop it, she asks, "would you care for a drink?"

"Yes, I could use some wine." I give a half smile.

"Mr. Harrison will be in shortly." When she exits, I put my hair down, swoop it behind my shoulders. Then tend to my face. There's not much I can do since there are no face wipes. I rub my eye area in case there's crust, then use a napkin to pat my face. I sigh.

There's nothing much I can do with these bandages. I check the smell of my breath. I'm good. The sound of footsteps from the hall sends my nerves into a spiral. I breathe heavily. My eyes watch the door apprehensively. My heart hums like a trapped bird.

"Thank you, Helen." I hear Jace outside the door. I twiddle my thumbs hastily and adjust my hair once more before picking up a fork. The sound of the swinging door is intimidating. I keep my eyes on the plate of food. As for my breathing, I try to control it, but the monitor plays the culprit. Its high tone echoes the room. "I thought you were getting better?" His dress shoes tap the floor. Jace walks to the front of the bed and halts.

I glance at him for less than a second; his concerned voice matches his expression. "I am."

"The monitor says otherwise. I'll call my doctors."

"No, I'm okay." I hold eye contact this time. Jace's emerald eyes blink once. He has two glasses of wine in his hands. "I'm just not sure what happened, that's all." I labor my breathing to tame the monitor.

Jace goes to sit the glasses on the bookshelf. "I'll explain everything." He takes off his navy blazer and drapes it across a chair. His Adam's Apple flexes through the cloth of his turtleneck. Jace sits, legs apart and shoulders forward. His hands clasped in front of him. "Your doctor misdiagnosed your head injury as a medication reaction. There was internal bleeding in the brain. Bleeding that was present prior to your coma."

I gaze into his aesthetic eyes. "Did my doctor notify you of this?"

"No, I have an informant."

"Which is just a fancy name for a spy."

"It is." His deep, seamless voice agrees. "The informant kept me aware of your condition and delivered the flowers. Did you like them?"

"I don't understand why you'd have someone spy on me."

"Is it truly spying if the other is worried?" His tender voice befuddles me.

"It is," I reply bluntly.

Jace sits back in the chair and crosses his leg. This position is so picturesque, like he's posing for a modeling shoot. "The hospital's imaging scans failed to detect the inner bleeding. This was either due to negligence or out-of-code tech. My investigator will determine the truth in time. You almost died, Madison. Thank God my team was well equipped...you were close. Our next chat would have been dull. I enjoy your zing too much for that outcome." I scoff and stare down at my plate. "Any more questions?"

"The tip you left me. What did it mean?" I poke the fork into the cheesy broccoli.

"What do you think it meant?" he asks earnestly.

"I'm not sure."

"You must have a theory..."

"I think..." I play with my food like a baby. "I think it meant something more than a tip."

"Tell me what you think it meant." Jace's stare incinerates my skin. I avoid looking at him and decide to glue my sight to the plate of food. I spear the broccoli with the fork. "Madison?"

Butterflies detonate within my stomach. The way he says my name is so distracting. So delicious. I force myself to collect my words. "You know what I'm hinting at...don't make me say it." I keep my eyes down and fend off blushing the best I can.

"You think it meant something sexual?" My cheeks flame...I wish they'd stop. It's embarrassing. "Look at me." He commands. When I don't obey, he leaves the chair and strolls over. I force my sight to stay on the plate and disregard him beside the bed. In my peripheral view, his belt is leveled with my face. His monstrous, unbelievable lower half enraptures my mind. Jace digs a hand into the mattress to support his weight. He leans towards me and uses his other hand to twist my face his way. "You don't listen." He huffs through his nostrils. "The tip was for good conversation. If I wanted sex, I would've gotten it."

"Someone's conceited."

"I prefer the word assertive."

I give a brief laugh. "What makes you so sure I'm that easy?"

"Because you're the one making things sexual." His large, hot hand withdraws from my face. I battle my lids from drooping sensually but fail. Jace grins at how much I yearn for his touch. I can't hide the hunger in my eyes. "And you still are." He mutters. "I wouldn't want you bedridden longer than needed." He straightens his posture, so he's no longer leaning. "Eat."

I drop my fork to defy him; I'm sure to be sassy with it. "No."

Jace examines my lips, then my eyes in a playful manner. "I'm glad you're not lifeless. You were worth the trouble. Are you single?"

"I have a boyfriend."

"Let me guess...that boy from the hospital?"

"His name is Brad."

"No, I used the right term. A man has self-control, not blind rage."

I look him up and down with a scowl. "As if you never lost your temper, don't glorify yourself."

"In my teen years, yes...as an adult, no. In my line of work, willpower is key. There's nothing I can't endure."

"Wow...your ego is inflated." I shake my head. "I feel bad for you."

"Or...maybe you haven't met a real man." Jace simpers.

I watch him walk to snatch his blazer. He swings it around and slips his arms back into it. "You'll be here until my doctors clear a discharge. If there are any errands you require, tell Helen. She'll inform my assistant." The billionaire brings my glass of wine to the nightstand, then steps to the door with his. "Goodnight, darling."

I'm too crossed to respond. I gape at the door once he's gone. Jace has no clue what he's talking about. He doesn't know Brad...or who I haven't met. This is what I meant about him being unrelatable. His wealth has him too arrogant and self-centered.

I glower at the wood door. I finish the plate of food just in time to witness the horizon engulf the sun. The ceiling lights automatically whirl on. I guess they're solar based. The bulbs are golden in tint and broader than a foot's length. I move my plate to the nightstand and grab the wine. A text jingles from my new phone.

Lil: You still okay?

I sip while typing: yeah

Lil: Have you talked to Jace yet?

Me: Yeah

Lil: And?

Me: He explained everything

Lil: How did he know about your condition? Is he actually Tony Stark 🤔😂

Me: 😂😂

He has an informant.

Lil: Informant?? Wth! Do they work at the hospital??

Me: Probably...idk

Lil: Why go that far, tho?

Me: To show off his power 🙄

Lil: Idk...you're alive cus of him; that's more than a power play.

Me: The $500 mystery is solved. It was for good conversation, not sex.

Lil: hmmm 🤔

Me: What?

Lil: I'm trying to figure him out. Has he tried anything?

Me: no

Lil: Did he flirt with you?

Me: A little.