Cherry Locked Ch. 11-15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lil: Did he show any concern?

I anxiously look to the side. If I answer honestly, I'll never hear the end of her trying to match me with him. I'm with Brad and would rather date a humbled man than a smug one. Me: No. I drink a big swig of wine.

Lil: That's odd...considering how much he did for you.

Me: it's just a favor.

Lil: yeah, 🙄 the biggest favor in the world. Did you thank him?

Me: I forgot to...

Lil: Well, you better next time. I threatened him if he didn't save you 😅😅 so make it a double thanks

Me: Will do.

Lil: Text me the address.

Me: Crap 😐 I forgot that too. I'll ask in the morning.

Lil: Alright

Me: I'm gonna head to bed; it's been a long day 🥱

Lil: It has 💞 ttyl

Me: 💞💞

In the morning, I wake surrounded by three doctors. One refills the IV fluids. The other analyzes my vitals on the monitor. The third replaces the bandages on my legs. The spots of red on the old cloths churn my stomach. The old coin smell makes me feel queasy.

"Oh, good morning, Ms. Hart." The woman who patches my legs, greets. "Welcome to day 5; your wounds are in the first stage of reformation." The lady tears apart a new sticky covering. "There's no infection so far. Are you feverish?"

"No." She presses the new bandage onto my skin. The other docs type on tablets. "Thank you all for everything." My groggy voice is sentimental. "You all really are miracle workers."

"You're welcome." The two men say, briefly glancing from their tablets before returning to log info.

"Thank you." The woman replies gratefully. "If only that could be said about the last doctor."

"Sometimes, the wrong calls are made. Even the best of us can misdiagnose." One of the men chimes in.

"True." The woman goes on adding bandaids. "That's why it's best to have a team. You're lucky, Miss. Most people have no choice. You're very fortunate to have us to come to your rescue."

Helen comes through the door with a single plate and a cup of orange juice. "Hello, all!" She sings while walking toward me. "I decided to go lighter since your appetite is low." On the plate, there's toasted wheat bread topped with a flattened egg, diced strawberries, and kiwi. The different pops of color on the saucer are so perfect. I don't want to ruin the art. She rests it on my lap and sets the glass on the nightstand.

"Thank you." I pick up the toast and take a huge chunk. I haven't had much to eat in 5 days. I'm surviving off fluids. I need food for strength. Will I even be able to walk?? "Excuse me, doctor?" I address the woman, who begins on my other leg. "Am I able to walk?"

"Yes...although it will be painful. Your skin is tightening and is less elastic. It'll feel like ripping stitches. I'd suggest a wheelchair for now. No more than 3 days to get your muscles closer to normal. Then you'll be discharged."

"Would you like a tour of the estate?" Helen suggests. "You must be sick of staying in bed."

"That'll be nice." It would be nice to get active. I'm forgetting how mobility feels. I could also find Jace to thank him. Today is a day of gratitude. I also need to get the address. I need my Lily and my boyfriend.

After some sleep, my mind has cleared. The argument we had yesterday is understandable. I am at another man's place...and Brad and I are dating. He mentioned me leaving him before; he didn't like it. Brad even hinted at dying if he lost me. He's scared of losing me. I think he does love me after all. I won't dismiss how he accused me, though.

After downing breakfast, the three doctors escort me from the bed to a wheelchair. I realize what the doctor meant by the elasticity of my muscles. The connective threads of my skin seem to rip just from the slight movements I make. I help with my body weight by lifting my waist, so I'm not a complete burden. I hiss through my teeth and whimper.

Helen steers me from the spacious room into a hallway that's twice as huge. "That little pain will be worth the view, trust me."

We pass door after door in the hallway. I count twelve and peep behind my shoulder to see that there are even more down the way. This place is loaded! The artwork on the walls are tremendous. I've never seen portraits that were larger than my body.

I gawk when we reach the end of the hall. There are no walls; windows replace them. Elegantly framed windows elongate the rest of the house. The sun shines in heavenly. The beach below is pale, the turquoise water shimmers. The furniture is triple-sized. At least ten people could fit on each sofa. There's an ottoman too. I thought it was an oversized table at first.

In each corner, rest high vases of tropical red flowers. The deep chocolate wood floors are double-planked and solid. The cherry wood deck outside glows. Down the way is another lengthy hall, and to the side is a massive spiral staircase.

The wheelchair passes it. I snoop for a better look. About fifty feet below us is a circular foyer bearing a white piano forte centered on a rug. "Told you so." Helen laughs."

"How can someone live here?!" She giggles at my astonishment.

"Would you like to visit the rec room?"

"Rec room?"

"A gaming center."

"Yes!" I exclaim with childish enthusiasm.

The rec room is similar to a game lounge at a mall. It's so huge that it should have its own zip code. I browse the arcade machines. Most of them are vintage from the '90s. Street Fighter, Donkey Kong, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Mortal Kombat...and endless rows of others. I point to Mortal Kombat, thinking of Brad. Helen wheels me to it. "Ummm...how do you...?" She powers it on using a switch on the side. "I'm young; forgive me." I crack up.

"You're forgiven."

"Is the host in today?" I hold the joysticks and hit the buttons. The menu's animation is low in quality. The speakers boom out epic music.

"Yes, Mr. Harrison is in a conference until 5pm, then is off to Strygent Labs afterward. Is there anything you need?"

"I haven't thanked him."

"I could relay the message."

"That would be nice." I grin. "Also...umm...where am I?" I chuckle, scratching the back of my head.

"Del Mar, California."

"Oh." I press a button to select a fighter. "Could I have the address? I'd like my friends to visit."

"Certainly. 2932 Camino. Your people could be brought here if you'd like."

I select the player Sonya. "Yes, I would like that."

"I'll put in the request, dear." Helen leaves.

I press buttons and swing joysticks to fight the skilled computer. Sub Zero is my competitor. He wipes the ground with me using ice powers. I lose the first round. The beginning of the second is no different. I'm frozen and slaughtered to the point that I forfeit. The iPhone I borrowed is in the wheelchair's cupholder. I retrieve it. On the screen, there's a text:

Brad: I'm sorry.

I swipe up to unlock it and text: We need to talk. I attempt to row myself forward to find another game. I suffer greatly. "Oooo, ouch!" My arms shake. My wounds roast like a bonfire. I stop rolling to end the torment. A text bubble loads:

Brad: What about?

Me: It's about yesterday...call me.

Five seconds later, I get a call and accept it. "Hi, sweetie. I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. I was just mad." Brad admits shamefully.

"You still said it."

"I know."

"I didn't like how you talked to me. You didn't have to yell."

"I know..." He responds regretfully.

"Why would you assume I was lying?" I feel no compassion for his remorse.

"I was angry at Jace, not you. I didn't mean to attack you."

"That doesn't make it go away. I'm not doing anything with Jace; I'm with you."

"I'm sorry...I hulked out. I should've believed you." He stresses. "Forgive me. I won't do it again. I just don't like losing you. I don't like when you're away from me. When you passed out, I thought you were dead. Then, when you were stable, that asshole took you from me. That was the second time I couldn't help you... the second time I couldn't have you." The tears in his tone alleviate my outrage. "I love you."

My heart melts. I stop breathing. I want to say it back...but my meaning would be different. I'd be lying. He's so close to the finish line while I'm lagging behind. Why am I not there with him??

"Maddy, say something."

Oh, no....what do I say?? A shock wave rushes my entire body. The veins freeze. My pulse is rapid, and my throat turns to sandpaper. "Madison." I hear two voices at once. I believe I'm hallucinating until the tapping of shoes confirm that I'm not. Jace is the other voice. He stands beside my arcade game in a loosely button dress shirt. I don't respond. I'm too uncomfortable. His glorious eyes lower to the phone in annoyance. He slips it from my hand. I'm too slow to steal it back. I try to speak, but my mouth puts out soundless noises.

"Hello. Who is this?" I hear chattering, but can't decipher it. "Well, she's in no condition for over-excitement, Brad."

"Give it back..." I barely whisper the demand.

Jace studies me for a moment, then says. "I'm glad we agree." There's more inaudible chattering from the cell. "Well...it is my phone she's using. I can take it whenever."

"Give it back!" I order. I swipe my hand towards the phone to yank it, but Jace is sly avoiding the attempt.

"I'd like to inform you all about the ride here. There's a jet awaiting your arrival at Strygent Airlines. Is there any need for road transportation?" Brad's voice sounds from the phone's speaker. I hear the word "NO!!" and something else. "Very well, I accept your decline."

"Give it back!"

Jace's cocksure expression is maddening. He listens to Brad a little bit longer. Entertained by his yelling. Jace paces towards me. "Hopefully, your car arrives on time...I doubt it's a Drako." He sneers before returning the phone to me.

I snatch it from him. "Brad?"

"WHY DO YOU HAVE HIS PHONE?!!"

"Mine got totaled. I told you I borrowed one."

"YOU DIDN'T SAY IT WAS HIS!" He boils.

"It is, but it's not. It's new. This isn't his personal cell." I viciously scowl at Jace, who's amused by the drama. I want to smack the complacency off his face.

"I'll be there soon. YOU'RE NOT STAYING!"

"Relax. I have to stay. The doctors haven't cleared me."

"I can take you to another hospital."

"Don't be ridiculous." I sigh. "Just get here, okay? I miss you."

"Say it again so he can hear."

"Really?"

"Yes, really."

Suddenly, Jace's presence in the room is heightened; his existence intensifies. The temperature of my body skyrockets. I'm feverish...and shy. "I miss you." I nearly cringe from repeating the sweet words. I figure this makes up for going silent when Brad confessed.

"I'll be there soon."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye, baby."

I hang up and grimace at Jace. "You didn't have to do that! That was out of line!"

"I couldn't resist...your boyfriend is so temperamental."

"Aren't you supposed to be at a conference??"

"I am...I'll return once I hear you thank me."

My frown deepens. My eyes flicker icily. "You're not getting that after what you just did."

"What I just did?" He snickers. "All I did was update your lover."

"Don't play dumb." I peel my snakey eyes from his and down to the phone. "If you were trying to prove a point, it worked against you. That was childish."

"Was it?"

"Yes."

"All I did was demonstrate how much he's blinded by rage..."

"You poked; that would make anyone irrational!"

"Or it'll reveal their maturity." Jace places his hands into his trousers before treading to the door.

The fucking asshole! Why does he keep commenting on my boyfriend's temper? He can't possibly be that well-collected. No one is invincible. I hate Jace and can't wait to get away from him! I wanted to slap Brad, but I wish to do worse to him. Jace deserves a good punch to the face.

The billionaire stigma is true...they're too pretentious for their own good. Did he really leave a meeting just to hear me thank him? That's insane! I guess the rich are crazy too. The only glimpse I've ever gotten from the lot was that they were posh and expensive; now, I can add excessive and mental to the list.

Helen returns to the rec room. "Where would you like to go next?"

"Outside, I need to get some air."

She detects my aggravation. "Oh, dear." Helen twirls the chair towards the door. "He must have said something to upset you."

"More like did something to purposely annoy me."

"Mr. Harrison has that tendency; it's best to deny him the energy."

"That only enables him to continue."

"It does..." The chair wheels rotate on the blackish floors. "But it's a successful deterrent." I'm taken back to the sitting room, to a sliding door indistinguishable from the windows. There's little wind. The calm sea is seized by sun; rays of light illuminate its ripples. The soundscape is better than any ASMR I've heard. The deck is a car's width and as long as a track curling around the mansion. There are no other houses around. This place is the only occupant of the beachfront.

"There are no neighbors?" I look left to right in search of another structure.

"No, they were bought out, and their estates were demolished. Most of them moved to Dubai."

"That's a hell of an upgrade." Helen guides me down the tall deck. I'm about to see how far it drops. My estimate is thirty or forty feet. Once around the bend, the true girth of the estate is revealed. The mansion is a block long...and reminds me of the country club...only it's ten times more impressive.

"Are there any errands you require?"

"None that I can think of." I look away from the extravagant surroundings to eye her. "Tell me more about you. How long have you worked here?"

"Going on 15 years."

"Have you ever wanted to punch Jace?"

Helen sniggers. "A few times in the beginning years. But he's less irking now. I guess because of my age."

"So, he's respectful?? That's surprising. Especially with how he treats women."

"I'm not proud of his appetite. Or how he treats a fresh face. When the assistant was hired, I immediately knew she'd be one of his tallies."

"That's sad...I feel bad for any woman in his vicinity. Even you, he has no boundaries."

"I assure you if Mr. Harrison passed a hit at me, I wouldn't be here. I'd be loaded from a lawsuit, sipping tea in Hawaii. Jace prefers girls around your age; that's why he's getting under your skin. He's interested."

"That's a one-sided interest."

"You're smart to deny him. It's not worth being in the spotlight as another fling. You can do much better."

"Way ahead of you...I'll stick with my boyfriend."

"Good, don't get tempted by all of this glamor. That's how the other women were railed in. The spotlight...the luxury."

"Oh, I won't. I'm just admiring."

"Are you doing the same with his looks? Because that's the main pull." I gaze at the beach and go mute. I feel her eyes surveilling me. "Yes...that will be hard to knock...beautiful men always are."

I silently agree with her. Jace's beauty will be hard to fend off. There's a reason I spied on him for a year. He's the most unbelievable being I've ever seen. As much as I hate him right now, I can't deny that fact. I'm still below standards for him.

Then again, I'm at his place...and he's concerned about me. Could this be more than his usual flirting? Should I be a fool and consider that it's more? My eyes are spelled by his presence. But Jace isn't made for me. He's not the marrying type. He's a guy meant for a quick fuck and nothing more. Why am I even thinking this?? I need to get him out of my head.

I text Brad about the ETA and wonder how far they are. This distraction doesn't last long. He asked if I was single. Why...? No, no, Maddy. STOP! Jace is a stuck-up whore. A demeaning slime ball. The complete meaning of a used condom. The definition of damaged goods. Delicious, irresistible damaged goods. I wonder how his lips would feel on mine.

My mind visualizes this act, daydreaming about him kissing me. Would it be rough...gentle...or teasing? My gut bakes.

NO, MADDY! STOP!! I message Brad again to murder the corrupt thoughts.

Me: ❤️

Then I hit up Lil: Are you guys on the way?

Lil: We're at the airport gate. What's up with Brad? He's off.

Me: Off how?

Lil: His anger is outside his body 😬 Did something happen?

Me: Jace happened

Lil: 👀 Spill

Me: They argued

Lil: About?

Me: Isn't it obvious??

Lil: About you? I thumbs up the text. Lil: Ur telling me everything once I get there!

I remain on the deck by myself. Helen slipped away without me noticing. She's probably doing some cleaning. I juggle the idea of both Brad and Jace to work out why I would imagine kissing the one that's not my boyfriend.

I'm happy with Brad. I love how he feels and how much affection he gives. But Jace has done this too. He had me airlifted to prolong my life. That's affection. Then the worry he expressed. Enough worry to have me spied on by hospital staff. No, it can't be that...I won't let it be.

The billionaire will not take hold of me. He's too different, not just money-wise but personality-wise. We're the complete opposite. It wouldn't work out. He's a spoiled asshole.

Is he a complete asshole, though? A voice from the back of my head contends. Everything he's done gives him some good qualities. Would a complete prick have saved someone's life?? My sight plants onto the sand, which creates dust with each wind gust. The muffling noise of the ocean is hectic now...the same as my mind.

The silhouette of a jet comes from the east. I break my glance to watch the aircraft near. There's a bittersweetness to the arrival of my clan. I missed them...but I know more drama is to come. Brad won't control his impulses...he's a loose cannon. Telling Lil about their argument will make me question everything. It'll make me wonder if I'm hooked on Jace.

The dark jet lowers and shifts its nose. For a second, I believe it's malfunctioning when it soars in my direction. The sleek craft closes in on me. I'm scared because it seems as if it's about to crash. But the speed slows, and it descends. I'm being overdramatic. The jet lands below the deck. I wish I could stand to see where exactly. Is there a pad below for it? The sound of an opening garage answers my question.

"Your guests have arrived." I whip around to find Jace, who I didn't hear. I didn't hear his footsteps...maybe the waves and my thoughts made me deaf. "Don't worry. I won't offend your guy again. I'll be elsewhere. I've had his car transported here to make amends. Helen is preparing the guest rooms; your friends can stay as long as you'd like." The delicacy of his voice astounds me.

"Thank you," I reply softly; sure to return the same gentle tone.