Cherry Locked - Final

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know...I should have."

"What's going on??! It seems you won't let your ex go."

"I told Brad it was over; I did let him go. He lied about his parents to trick me. I'm sorry I fell for it."

"Are you?!" He scrutinizes.

"I am."

Jace is doubtful. "I don't think you are. You cut him off before, yet he's back in your life."

"I won't do it again."

He gets up from the chair, staring down at me furiously. "Prove it. Press charges for attempted rape and assault."

If that's what it takes to amend this, I'll do it. "I will."

"Today." Jace taps on the wall, there's a button. Alonso boards the jet in lightning speed. "Drive Ms. Hart to the police department."

"Yes, sir."

I rise from my seat. He's never referred to me with a formal title. Drive Ms. Hart?? Do I mean nothing to him now? Agreeing to press charges should correct everything. Why isn't it? Is the engagement still on? "Can we go back to normal after I file?"

"That's to be determined."

My stomach sinks. "To be determined?"

"Yes...we need to take a break."

"A break...? But I'm doing what you want."

"If I didn't tell you to press charges, you wouldn't have. I'm the one with the final solution for your ex...not you. That says a lot about your devotion. We need time apart." I try to speak, but he cuts me off with a stern finger. "Accept it." His icy glare silences me. "Now go."

Alonso steps back, so I can pass by. I don't look back; Jace's eyes are a nightmare. I've never seen absolute anger in someone before. I explained everything and agreed to go to the station. Why do we need a break?? I don't get that. So, the 3-day surprise is canceled?! That's not fair.

How was I supposed to know Brad would propose??! God, where is my voice when I need it? The old me would've battled back, despite being ordered to stay silent. I need that willpower again.

The underground garage is full of cars. There's a reserved unit for employees and another for the CEO. A Drako, Valkyrie, Lykan, Roadster, and Barchetta line Jace's section. Vibrant muscle cars belonging in racing tournaments, not on public streets.

My PTSD spikes, but I counteract it by imagining the cars as big toys. That's what they look like, anyway.

I chant my therapist's affirmation under my breath just in case I spaz out. "The driver can't hurt me anymore. I am in a safe space. There is no harm. The driver can't hurt me anymore. I am in a safe space. There is no harm."

Alonso chooses the closest one. The Drako. I surfed the web for all the cars Jace owns. I know this one well. It's also the car he taunted Brad with.

The doors elevate on their own. I take a preparatory breath before ducking into the back. Despite my courage to get in, my nerves are uneasy. Alonso slides into the driver's side. I buckle up. My face is chilly...clammy. Sweaty. My lungs compress as if I'm being choked. It's hard to breathe.

I can do this. I can't be afraid of cars all my life. I have to do this to save my relationship with Jace.

I practice long breaths as an asthma victim would. "Are you alright back there?"

I hold my breath in order to answer, so I don't sound so damaged. "Yes." The car doors automatically seal close. I flinch from the noise. I'm on edge. I need to relax. "I'm fine." All will be fine once Brad is locked away for good. His connection will be severed. Jace will see that I wised up.

He questioned my commitment...after this, he won't. Everything will work out fine once I file the charges. The proposal will be delayed...I'm alright with that. I messed up...not Jace. I'll fix my error. The car steers ahead soundlessly.

I shut my eyes and assure myself that all will be as it was before.

I can't lose Jace...my first love, my future. If my ex has to go behind bars to resolve my newfound life. So be it. I won't let Brad destroy everything I've ever wanted. I will be Mrs. Harrison.