Cheshire/Batman Pt. 02: Begin datin

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Quite forthright of you, sir. I gather you were calling because you enjoyed her company," he continued. His posture was so rigid, even in pajamas and a robe.

"Yes. Yes, I was. I do. We laughed a lot, we talked about what our schools were like when we were growing up, travel, work... it was really great," he reflected. "She thought so, too, it's just... she said she wants to take things slow."

"An excellent suggestion," Alfred agreed. He took the whistling kettle off the burner. "Tea, sir?"

"Yeah, thanks. Maybe it's because of that guy from the pictures at the gallery party. He could be the same one who had 'no moral compass' that she was talking about on the island," he speculated, taking a seat. "I just want to know more about her. She doesn't seem to be dangerous or involved with anything really heinous recently."

"Might you need to spend a little more time examining things with a detective's eye? Who has she worked for? Why, when... those sort of questions..." Alfred said sagely. He brought the cups of tea, sugar bowl, and cream to the small kitchen table.

"I know. I can't exactly ask her. I'll ask my informants about her, and that thing with Regetti's guys. That's the only one I can't get the details about. But I just get the feeling that she left a lot of things behind her, in the past," he said.

"For your sake, I hope you're right. It's hard to tell if she is trustworthy. Wouldn't it be tragic to have Batman brought down all over a lonely heart?" Alfred asked. Bruce sighed.

"Alfred, at Christmas you were complaining 'there may be no next generation of Waynes.' I know Jada isn't a very safe choice, but I want to see where this goes. Am I really going to end up with a model? An athlete?" Bruce pointed out to his surrogate father figure.

"Well. I had no idea you were listening to me. To think of you ending up with anyone is quite thrilling," Alfred commented.

Bruce hated to admit it, but he was getting older and slowing down. Years of combat had taken their toll. His latest shoulder injury was completely debilitating. It was hard trying to rest it and not go out as Batman. Soon-- and he didn't know how soon-- he would have to hand the Batman torch to someone younger.

Bruce had been training Richard Grayson to eventually replace him as the man in the cape and cowl. A few years ago, they had a falling out. Rick developed a new identity, Nightwing, and branched off on his own. Bruce was much more hesitant to step aside not knowing if anyone would take his place. Could he really train someone new in a few years? Or would he have to get it together and figure things out with Rick?

Either way, Bruce knew that he wanted an heir to replace him down the line. Maybe someone he raised from birth and taught everything he knew. Recently, Bruce's doctor and longtime friend Leslie Thompkins had expressed a lot of regret about not starting her own family. She had done a lot of meaningful work in her field, but as she neared retirement, she wasn't sure how her life's work would go down in history. Batman couldn't just influence this earth for such a short time, Bruce thought.

Of course, that would take a very long time, having a kid and waiting for them to be of proper age to become a superhero. The whole falling in love and getting a life partner thing was appealing to him as well, he just wasn't sure how to approach that. The idea that Jada could know the real him was both exhilarating and terrifying. Bruce could sense Alfred's apprehension about the entire process as well.

"I don't want to spend my post-Batman years being a coach for younger people... I might want my own... younger people..." Bruce said, looking down into his tea. He decided to leave it at that. He didn't need to vocalize all of this stuff.

"Very well, Master Bruce. You never have been short-sighted. I trust you'll navigate this with the utmost sapience. Do let me know if there is anything I can do to help you stay out of your own way," he offered with a playful smile.

"Thank you, Alfred," Bruce said, feeling a little more confident in his endeavor.

"You're welcome. Now, tell me, how old is this young lady?" Alfred inquired, proceeding to question him until he had heard everything Bruce knew about her. They finished their tea as the grandfather clock struck midnight from the next room.