Choices

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That makes sense, since she really only comes out at night," Bart quipped. Everyone except me laughed.

"I thought her religion prevented her from having a good time," Ed chimed in. Everyone else laughed again.

"I'll bet she's drinking a Bloody Mary," Rob added. More laughter, and I found myself getting kind of pissed, but I kept it to myself.

As I watched an attractive blonde woman came and sat in the other chair at her table, and suddenly I was feeling better. She wasn't on a date; she was out with a friend! Where Taylor had been looking at her phone just a moment ago, she was now talking animatedly with her friend.

As I watched them, two guys walked up to the table and asked them to dance. The blonde girl immediately stood up and took the hand of one of the guys, but Taylor very calmly and politely shook her head and I could see her mouth 'no thank you'. The guy was obviously disappointed but turned and left. I watched this play out 3 or 4 more times before people stopped asking Taylor to dance and just hit on her friend.

By the time about 90 minutes had passed I had put away several drinks. Okay, it was diet cola; I don't like alcohol. I had spent the night either watching the band or, more often, watching Taylor. I really did find her to be very beautiful. Once again I watched as her friend joined a guy on the dance floor. As they walked away, a guy that looked pretty aggressive, and who was probably a little drunk, approached Taylor.

He was obviously asking her to dance and she was again politely refusing. But this guy got agitated and started rather loudly confronting her. I wasted no time getting up and heading their way. As I got closer I could begin to hear what he was saying."

"...with your nose in that damn phone all night. This is a dance club. You should be dancing."

"Again, I appreciate the offer but I'm just here to spend time with a friend," Taylor said.

He tried to take her hand and pull her from the booth even as she resisted. She tried to get her hand away but he had it pretty tight.

"C'mon darling, you'll have fun once you get out there."

"Really, I'm not interested. Please leave me alone."

I finally joined the party.

"Hey pal, the lady said she wasn't interested. Why don't you move along?"

"This is a free country, pal, and I'll stay right here, as if it's any of your business."

I glanced over at Taylor and I gave her a wink and a smile as our eyes met. I was lifted by the bright smile she returned as she looked at me.

"You're right about that. Enjoy your seat." I turned to her. "Taylor, would you care to dance?"

"I would, Henry, thank you."

She slid out of the other side of the booth, since the asshole wouldn't move. I took her hand and led her to the dance floor. I glanced over at the guys and the shocked looks on their faces was priceless. Suddenly, the drunken guy was less interested in occupying that particular seat as well.

The song was a medium tempo but we came together like it was a slow ballad, though not too close. She put her hands around my neck and I had mine around her back. We looked into each other's eyes.

"So, you seem to be making a habit of saving me."

"You're worth saving," I responded.

I swear I felt her shudder a little as I said that; in a good way, like I had struck the right chord.

"Thank you for such a nice compliment. It's odd that it's always you doing the saving, though. I wonder why that is?"

Again I looked into her eyes.

"I think its destiny."

I could feel us connecting. I don't even recall ever experiencing this with Gina, though it had been 20 years. There was something almost other-worldly about this, and I was going with it. Our eyes had never lost contact, and I pulled her closer and tentatively leaned in toward her and she leaned back toward me, and our lips gently pressed together. As the tips of our tongues touched ever so slightly I felt my, for lack of a better analogy, soul light up; I'd swear I was glowing on the inside.

As I pulled her body even closer to mine I felt her arms tighten around my neck. If the guys were shocked when I led Taylor to the dance floor I could only imagine how they looked at this moment.

The kiss was gentle but long and drawn out. When we finally pulled apart I caught a glimpse of her friend watching us, a look of utter shock on her face. I felt Taylor's head rest on my shoulder. We continued dancing for a couple songs, never changing what we were doing no matter the tempo of the song, until I finally broke the silence.

"Hey, did you drive or did your friend?"

"She drove. She picked me up at my apartment. Why?"

"I want to take you home."

Realizing that sounded a little bit like I had something sexual in mind I stumbled to correct myself.

"What I mean is, I want you to go home with me." Not better. "That is, can I be the person that gives you a ride home?"

She was smiling and giggling a bit as I tried to get a hold of myself and my aberrant tongue.

"I'd like that. And I'm ready to go if you are. Let me just tell Karen I'm leaving."

While she did that I went over to my table to let the guys know I was taking off. They all looked rather sheepish.

"Henry," said Ed, "we're sorry about those things we said. If we had known you guys had a thing going we wouldn't have said anything."

"It's cool, guys; no problem, really. But in the future, if I hear the words 'Ice Queen' again in reference to her, we will have some words. Catch you guys later."

*****

TAYLOR

I have no idea what inspired the hands of fate to line all my ducks in a row (pardon the mixed metaphor) but I was so excited about the turn of events. I almost didn't even go out with Karen tonight and suddenly here we are. I was so excited that I almost wanted to go thank that drunken asshole for bringing Henry to my aid.

"Looks like you met somebody," Karen said as I approached her. "He's damn cute, too."

"That's the guy, Karen. The one I told you about."

"You mean the guy that lives next to your parents? You're kidding me. What are the odds of that?"

"I don't know, but he wants to give me a ride home. Will you be okay here all by yourself?"

"Of course; I have some other friends here that I can join up with. And I expect to hear all about it."

"Okay, I'll see you at work tomorrow."

I quickly caught up to Henry, grabbing his hand as we came together, feeling another little shock as we came together. I felt like a schoolgirl on my first date. I almost felt like giggling and talking about going steady.

He opened the door for his truck and helped me in. I knew this was also his work truck so I was impressed with how clean and pleasant the cab felt and smelled. I found myself wishing he had a bench seat (do they even offer those anymore?) so I could sit right next to him.

He slowly pulled away and out on to the road. I had my hands resting in my lap, not knowing exactly what else to do with them, and he just reached over and took my left hand with his right and held it as we drove, as if he had done it a million times and it was the most natural thing in the world. And I loved it. One of the things that frustrated me about Jimmy was his submissive nature. Obviously it made him open to the influences of the Healy's, but I found it annoying sometimes as well. I liked that Henry was a take-charge man.

As we drove along I felt like I needed to break the silence.

"Thank you again for dealing with that guy for me. He was being a real jerk."

"Well, a woman as beautiful as you makes men make fools out of themselves."

That was it; my panties were officially soaking wet. How the hell does he always manage to say the exact right thing? I actually wondered if he could tell the effect he was having on me.

"Can I ask you a personal question, Taylor?"

His voice brought my attention back from between my legs and on to him where it belonged. I wondered what deep, dark secret I was about to reveal to him, because I knew I'd tell him anything.

"Sure, Henry."

"Do you like ice cream?"

That was not what I was expecting but I went with it.

"As a matter of fact I do."

He just smiled and before I knew it we had pulled up in front of Baskin Robbins. Out of habit I went to open the door but he just put his hand on mine.

"Wait. Let me do it."

I was projecting calm on the outside but I was screaming with joy on the inside. Had I actually met a good guy that knew how to treat a lady? And was he interested in me? I smiled as he opened my door and took my hand to help me step out of the truck. We went inside and we each got a cone, eating mostly in silence, but he never stopped looking into my eyes.

Finally he took me back to my apartment and walked me to the door. Even though we had started the evening separately, I had come to see this as our first date, and ends of first dates are always awkward. But just like everything else, I was wrong again. As soon as we reached my door he gently pulled me toward him, pulling my body against his, my breasts again against his chest. I expected him to kiss me again but he didn't yet. I knew he wanted to, though.

"I'm leaving in the morning for a job out of town that'll keep me away all week so I won't be around until next weekend. Can I take you out again when I get back?"

I looked into his deep brown eyes. I could get absolutely lost in them if I wasn't careful, and I really wasn't of a mind to be careful.

"Yes, Henry, I'd like that. We'll talk once you're back and make a plan."

"Perfect, though I hate the idea of waiting that long."

Finally he pulled me to him and we kissed again. Damn it I was going to have to bust out my vibrator tonight. The kiss lasted a couple of minutes before he finally let me go, and it was too soon for me but I didn't want to seem overeager. I wanted to invite him inside but finally decided that would be moving too fast.

"Thank you for a lovely time, Henry."

I unlocked my door and let myself in.

*****

HENRY

The truck kept drifting into the other lane as I drove; fortunately there wasn't much traffic. I was having trouble focusing on driving as my thoughts kept drifting back to Taylor. I had fallen hard for her and it seemed like she felt the same way. That was odd, of course, because we have never actually gone out on anything like a date before tonight, and this was really only half of one.

I managed to get back to the house unscathed, and as I walked into the house it seemed very empty, even more so than it had since my divorce went final.

I was never very good at bachelorhood. I was only on my own for a couple years before I met Gina and I found it to be a mostly lonely existence. I was never the guy that went out and hooked up with random women at clubs. I didn't go to college, going right into the trades after high school just like my father had done. (Dad died in a construction accident about 10 years ago. Mom moved back up to Massachusetts to live with my grandparents after that, and we still talk on the phone regularly.)

I had an early morning so I did the last of my packing for the week and then climbed into bed. The truth was that I still missed Gina, or at least her presence: lying in bed with someone, waking up and having someone to talk to, sitting down to breakfast together, that kind of thing.

I once saw a phrase that I think applies to me: 'born married'. The basic meaning being that I don't feel complete without a steady woman in my life. Until recently, when I was feeling acutely alone I would have Gina's face in my mind. It seemed natural since we had been together so long. But as I climbed into bed tonight it was Taylor that I was thinking of and wishing was beside me.

*****

TAYLOR

It had been a really long week. I had such a wonderful time and really made a connection with Henry last Sunday night, and then he had to go out of town. We had talked on the phone a couple times this week while he was gone but that wasn't the same as us being able to get together and go out. He had been working long hours and was tired so we kept it fairly short.

When I met Jimmy at Florida I actually hadn't been in very many relationships. I had a few high school romances but nothing serious; certainly no one I thought might be 'the one'. So when I met Jimmy and started getting serious about him, I just knew it was love because I had never felt about anyone the way I felt about him.

But as Henry held me in his arms that night I realized that what I was feeling for Henry was beyond even that. In fact, it was more of an all-over feeling. Jimmy made my heart flutter; Henry makes my whole body shake.

I had come over to my parent's house last night, knowing Henry would be back from his job either late last night or early this morning. It was already mid-morning. Mom was putting together some eggs and bacon and toast.

"Honey," mom asked. "Could you go grab the newspaper?"

"Sure mom."

I walked slowly down the walkway as I noticed a car I hadn't seen before turn the corner onto our street. It was a newer model sedan but they all looked alike to me. Henry could probably tell me exactly what it was, I thought, and his name popping into my head caused me to look toward his house and then watch this strange car pull up into his driveway. So now it really had my attention.

The car door opened and out stepped a very beautiful young woman, probably 20 or so. Oh, I was not happy about this turn of events. And when I saw her pull her small suitcase from her trunk I was even more pissed. That meant she was staying for the weekend.

I then saw Henry himself walking from the direction of his house. I ducked behind one of the bushes in mom's yard so he wouldn't see me watching them. The little slut walked over to him, set her suitcase down, and gave him a big hug and a quick kiss on the lips. Then he picked up her suitcase, took her by the hand, and they went into his house.

I knew it, damn it. Men are all the same.

*****

MISS RUTH

I wondered what on earth was taking Taylor so long to get the newspaper. I was just about to head outside to make sure nothing had happened when she came bursting through the front door, rattling the entire house in the process. I thought sure my decorative plates were going to hit the floor but they hung on.

"That son of a BITC H!" she yelled at the top of her lungs. Oh no, what now?

I realized she was on the verge of tears, but it was mixed with an intense anger I hadn't seen, well, since right after her divorce. She had been bitter and angry since then, but nowhere near this intensity. This had to be about Henry.

"What's the matter, dear? What happened?"

"I knew it was too good to be true! I just fucking knew it."

"Taylor, honey, what are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about the little teenage tramp that just showed up at Henry's house to spend the weekend doing God knows what. I just watched her pull right into his driveway in her little blue car like she owned the place. She gave him a big kiss and hug and then they went inside. He's probably humping her right now."

As soon as she said 'little blue car' I realized the mistake she had made, but I decided to make her suffer a little bit for jumping to conclusions.

"Was she a brunette, with hair just past her shoulder?"

Taylor's head whipped around to look at me. If her eyes had been lasers I'd already have a hole through my body.

"Yes, that's exactly who it was. You know about her?"

"Oh yes, that's Natalie. We've met her a couple of times. She's quite sweet."

"And you never thought to mention to me that Henry had some floozy half his age?"

"Well, I didn't even realize until last weekend that there was any reason to mention her, and it didn't occur to me this past week. She hasn't been by in a few weeks."

"What the hell could he see in a woman half his age? Well, I guess that's a stupid question. He sees a hot, tight little body that a 36-year old woman like me can't possibly compete with. But I imagine he's paying through the nose for it, the bastard!"

"Well, he does pay quite a bit. He bought her that car and he's paying her way through college, too. But she does love him very much."

"I doubt that. All she probably loves is his bank account. I don't know why he can't see that."

"Oh, he knows how important the money is to her. And he pays it willingly and happily."

"I'll just bet he does, in exchange for whatever it is she does for him. But it doesn't matter anymore. He's not my problem anymore."

As I looked at Taylor I could see she was very suddenly on the verge of tears. It was time to bring my little game to an end.

"Well, Taylor, you really can't blame him. After all, that's what good fathers do."

I watched her carefully as I revealed the reality of the situation, and the relief on her face, and in fact her entire body, was evident. She was so obviously relieved that tears welled up in her eyes.

"You mean...that's his daughter?"

"Yes, honey, and I'm sure you two will really like each other. She's just like him. C'mon, sweetie, let's go sit and eat."

"You know, you might have mentioned that sooner."

"And miss out on that very entertaining conversation? I don't think so."

I took her hand and sat her at the table. I put together a plate for her along with a small glass of orange juice and put them in front of her.

"I wish I knew why he got divorced," Taylor said. "I'm so afraid it's something he did."

"Well, why don't you ask him? Call and invite them over for dinner tonight and you two can talk."

"Do you think he'd tell me?"

"Why wouldn't he? He clearly has feelings for you. Heck, he even told me. But then I'm a wise old woman."

She just stopped eating and looked at me.

"He told you about his divorce? Tell me, mom."

"I'm sorry darling, but it's not my story to share. That's a conversation you need to have with him. Call him."

*****

HENRY

I had forgotten that Nat was coming up for her weekend visit, but I am always happy to see her. I did warn her that I might be going out at some point this weekend.

"Is it with a girl?" she asked me, smiling and winking.

"If I go, yes, it will be with a girl. Well, a woman."

"Good for you, daddy; it's about time you got out there."

The phone rang a few minutes later.

"Hello?"

"Henry, it's Taylor."

"Hey. I was just about to call you to find out when I can see you."

"Actually, that's why I was calling. Mom wanted to know, if you guys don't have some other plans, if you and your daughter wanted to come for dinner tonight?"

"Let me check with the boss." To Natalie. "Hey Nat, you up for dinner at Miss Ruth's tonight?"

"Heck yeah; I'm not turning down dinner from the best cook I know."

"It sounds like we'll be there, though I was hoping to not have to wait until dinner time to see you."

"This will give you a chance to spend some time with Natalie. Besides, I have some things to do before I see you."

*****

TAYLOR

Okay, I was being a silly romantic, but I wanted a new outfit, something no one had ever seen me in. I wasn't looking for slutty or anything like that; just something new, even if I was the only person that knew it was new.

I went up to the mall and finally found what I was looking for in a little boutique shop near Macy's. It accentuated my round ass but kind of hid the fact that I'm not much in the breast department. For some reason that moment when Henry was kissing me and my breasts were pressed against his chest came rushing to my mind, and I felt a surge of warmth flash through me.