All Comments on 'Choosing Wisely'

by SanityCheck

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
SanityCheckSanityCheckabout 2 years agoAuthor

I'd like to thank Anonymous.

After the second or third time Anonymous pointed out how stupid one of my characters were for risking themselves to overcome an obstacle, I remember thinking, "If <character> never took any risks, this would be short book."

I have a long-term goal of writing a story in every category, and I've been searching for an idea for Humor & Satire. With this story, I've checked another category off my list.

So, thank you, Mr./Ms. Anonymous. Keep the ideas coming.

Annoyingly... now I want to rework the story and have one of the characters do something stupid.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

Sorry I didn't get it!

4

wapentakewapentakeabout 2 years ago

The story was entertaining and well written. I understand why you wrote the ending as you did, but please revisit this tale and give it an alternative, extended and romantic ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not a fan of this one, sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Completely unsatisfying. No humor, no satire. One star would be too much, except there is, at least, attention paid to grammar. Waste of time as a read. Which is disappointing, as there is story-telling talent here. Just not a story worth telling.

SanityCheckSanityCheckabout 2 years agoAuthor

From Anonymous:

"Completely unsatisfying. No humor, no satire. One star would be too much, except there is, at least, attention paid to grammar. Waste of time as a read. Which is disappointing, as there is story-telling talent here. Just not a story worth telling."

Which is entirely the point. The entire concept of the story is satire. Nobody wants to read a story where (in this case) the hero does nothing... heroic.

FlyingGuy1958FlyingGuy1958about 2 years ago

5 stars because I get the joke. Anonymous is an idiot. With out characters doing risky things literature would be boring.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Take that other anonymous critic! LOL

BalddudesrockBalddudesrockabout 2 years ago

Anonymous is an idiot.

I laughed, because I got the joke.

From the comments, clearly some folks did not.

LifeUserLifeUserabout 2 years ago

I love what you did for the reason you did it. I have noticed the biggest critics have never wrote a story. Not every story is a great one and construction criticism is nice. B.S. criticism is mostly from B.S. people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliantly! I am sure that male readers rate this wonderful story 5 stars, but female readers only 1*. Because you shattered the dreams of a lot of women about the beautiful blonde on the cover... 👍👏

texlootexlooabout 1 year ago

Anyone who doesn't like the ending of this story, obviously didn't read the author's note at the top of the story. He told us the hero was going to be a zero from the start.

Ravenwolf13Ravenwolf13about 1 year ago

Bravo!!! This is funny! Well done!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSanityCheck@SanityCheck
You may read my multi-part submissions with confidence as all my stories are complete before the first part is published. I typically publish near the first of the month. There may be occasional exceptions, but generally if there is no new story by the seventh, there won't b...