Christmas Party

Story Info
Wife doesn't listen and fucks up.
13.9k words
4.02
99.5k
133
98
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prefix:

I don't want an editor; I use Microsoft Editor and Grammarly if that's not good enough so be it. I write in British English so there will be errors. For the nitpickers, I have made sure you have your daily dose of Nits to pick so enjoy.

Please note this is FICTION, not fact and it's my world so what I say goes.

I would also like to thank those of you who have said nice things about my stories. ''Thank you.''

To those of you who do nothing but complain I say. Pee, Po, Piddle, Bum, and Draws. (I don't know how to spell a raspberry)

And so to the story, I hope you enjoy:

00000000000000000000

Hi, my name's Barry Scott I'm 32 years old 6' tall and weigh 200 lbs. I am married to Linda a beautiful 32-year-old redhead we have been married for four years and are very happy. We met at a party given by her best friend Clair to celebrate her engagement to my best friend Larry. I first saw her across the room and just knew we were meant to be together. I asked her for a dance, and we danced together all night, at the end of the party I asked her for a date, and she agreed. We dated for six months and got married. Larry was my best man and Clair was her matron of honour life looked good.

At the time I was just rotating out of the army having done two tours in the sandbox as a Ranger with the SOG. I hadn't made my mind up about what I was going to do so when I was approached by Colonel Scott I listened to what he had to say. He wanted to recruit me for a special operations unit out of Langly. I said I was interested, and we went from there, I was the recipient of both a purple heart and a silver cross for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. (No real heroics just a determined wish to survive)

I would be the point man and do all the dirty work, the rest of the team were my backup. They would find the target, arrange transport, false documentation, hardware, and eventual withdrawal. I would eliminate the target using whatever hardware I was supplied with. The hardware would be accompanied by instructions as to whether to make a statement or to make it look like an accident. My civilian cover was as a security consultant to the government, and I was paid an annual salary in the six-figure region. When I was sent to consult I was really on a mission for which I was paid an extra $250k danger money. This was deposited into a Swiss numbered account; I kept the details in a security box at an independent bank two hundred miles away. And as I had nothing to do between I started day trading and had built up quite a nest egg for when we finally had children.

As I said we were happy money was no problem as Linda worked for an advertisement agency as PA to the sales team manager Albert Weis. He was a nice old man looking to retire with his wife of thirty years. Linda would often work late and would sometimes accompany Albert to sales meetings all over the country. I had no problem with this as I would sometimes be gone for up to a fortnight at a time myself on a consultation (HIT).

The trouble started though I didn't know at, the time when Albert retired, and a new head of sales was recruited Clive West. This was in September and for the next three months, all I heard from Linda was Clive did this or Clive is teaching me so much and he wants me on the sales team. When I remarked that Clive could probably walk on water as well She stopped mentioning Clive. At this stage, I wasn't worried as I trusted Linda implicitly and knew she would never betray me. I was however looking forward to the Christmas party Linda's company threw every year to meet Mr. Wonderful.

The party was to be held the week before Christmas and as usual, Linda was all excited about going and showing off her new outfit. I was dressed in my tux and waiting at the bottom of the stairs when Linda came into view. I took in a sharp breath she looked spectacular. Emerald, Green dress with red four-inch heel shoes and the Ruby necklace, earrings and bracelet I bought her for our anniversary.

''You've gone all out this year who are you trying to impress?''

She looked away guiltily and replied.

''I want to look the best for my hunky man''.

I said with a smile on my face.

''And who would that be?''

''You silly who else?''

''That's OK then let's go.''

We arrived at the venue ten minutes early and were shown to our table, I noticed we had a table to ourselves and asked Linda about it. We usually sat with some of her colleagues whom I chatted with while she mingled with the crowd. Dinner was good but not great and we were sipping the last of the table wine when she left the table. I watched as she walked across the floor to a tall handsome-looking man in an Armani suit about five years older than us. She touched his arm to get his attention pointed at me and they walked over to our table.

''Barry this is my boss, Clive, Clive this is my husband Barry.''

I stood and took his hand, he tried for a bone crusher but when I did the same he quickly pulled his hand away.

''That's quite a grip you've got there Barry.''

''You too Clive, how do you like it at Benson's so far?''

''I'm getting there with the help of your beautiful wife, I'll soon have the hang of it and I look forward to working even closer with Lin in the future.''

He said this with a smirk on his face, he's intentions regarding my wife were clear. I looked at Linder who looked away, Time to pull his chain.

''Linda''.

''What?''

''I said Linda that's her name not Lin, the last time I called her Lin she didn't talk to me for two days, her name is Linda Please use it.''

''Oh of course sorry no offence.''

''None taken if it had been you would have known about it.''

''Linda was now flushed red and turned Clive round and said.

''Time to mingle and introduce you to those you haven't met yet.''

She gave me a furious look and walked away.

I was used to Linda doing the rounds with Albert wishing everyone a happy Christmas, it usually took about an hour, and I would sit and talk to her colleagues at our table. When I looked for a familiar face they either looked away or down at their table. This wasn't good.

I sat there alone watching Linder and Shithead do the rounds, each time they stopped he would move closer to Linda and put his hand across her back and rest it on her hip. I was pissed especially as she never said anything to him about it. To any casual observer, they looked just like a couple on a date. I recorded several minutes of this behaviour and needed to make a decision I had been left on my own for over two hours. I could make a scene or just go home. I decided to go home, I left a note for Linda and went to collect my coat and left. The note said you don't need me here, so I've gone home, take a cab. No endearments no kisses no love you at the end.

When I got home twenty minutes later still no word from Linda. I turned off my phone and went to bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

I was woken when Linda opened the bedroom door and turned on the light, I looked at the clock I had been home for two hours. (Guess she didn't miss me until much later)

''What was that all about? You embarrassed me in front of my boss and then just left me to find my way home what the hell is wrong with you?''

''Not tonight we'll talk in the morning.''

''Oh no you don't we'll talk now.''

I picked up my phone and brought up the clips of her and shithead and said.

''You left me alone for over two hours while you and Clive strutted around the room like a couple of lovers. No one would meet my eyes they were too embarrassed, If you don't believe me just look at this.''

I started the clips, and she sat down frowning, While she was occupied I went to the guest room and locked the door. Shortly afterwards she knocked on the door, and when I didn't answer she called out.

''Barry I'm so sorry I can see why you're so upset I didn't mean to hurt you nothing is going on between me and Clive I swear. Please open the door.''

''See you at breakfast, goodnight.''

The next morning, I got up did my business and took a shower. As I was going downstairs I could smell Cooking she had cooked one of my favourites, Waffles with bacon and eggs. When I went into the kitchen there was coffee on the table, and she was just dishing up breakfast. I thanked her for breakfast and got stuck in. She waited for me to finish and then started to talk.

''I'm so sorry I watched those clips, and we did look like a couple, I didn't realise how it looked to everyone I'm sorry I embarrassed you that way. But I swear nothing is going on between us, please believe me.''

''I believe you Linda, but you must keep your distance from him he all but told me outright he intends to seduce you. He's a predator and you're the prey and he doesn't care who knows, and where does he get off calling you Lin, when I did that you tore me a new asshole?''

''He's my boss so he can call me anything he likes; I don't like it but what can I do? And as for him wanting to seduce me you're wrong he's been nothing but a gentleman.''

''Linda he's playing you like a cheap violin. You never even flinched when he put his hand on your hip. Before you say anything let me tell you how it happened. When he first started he would call you into his office to collect papers and discuss work. Then he started to bring them out and leaned over you, getting you used to him invading your space. Then he would put his hand briefly on your shoulder getting you used to his touch. After a while, you didn't notice the touches lasted longer until when he talked to you at your desk, and he rested his hand on your shoulder while you conversed. So, when he put his hand on your hip you didn't think anything of it, it had become normal. Am I right?''

Linda looked at me with tears in her eyes and nodded yes. I sat and looked at my wife for a few minutes.

''You have to understand there are predators out there that specialise in seducing married women. They get off on making the husband a cuckold and Clive is one of them. His next move will be to ask you to lunch and sit next to you to give him an excuse to accidentally touch you. He'll reach for the salt or perhaps the water jug and brush your breasts, of course, he'll be apologetic, but it will happen again. The next step will be a celebration lunch with wine to lower your resistance after which there will be a peck on the cheek, and he hold your hand walking back to the car. You won't resist because he's your boss and what's the harm? He'll continue to pay you compliments and find any excuse to initiate bodily contact until he feels you have accepted this as the norm as you did at the party. The next step is he'll start asking you about me and when I'm away and saying things like 'if you were mine I would never leave you alone'. Or 'I think he's taking you for granted'. 'Or do you think he's cheating on you while he's away you should check his e-mail'. One day when he knows I'm away he'll ask you to dinner and suggest you not tell me as I might get the wrong idea, just to talk about your promotion to the sales team. Or to discuss an imaginary mistake you have made on something or the other. You of course will accept hoping for the next step in your career or wondering what you have done wrong. The next time he takes you to dinner it will be at a venue with dancing maybe when you are away with the team on a sales pitch. They will all go to dinner and then naturally progress to the dance floor he will dance with everyone but mostly with you. This will give him the chance for full body contact and will seem normal, you will also notice he dances all the slow numbers with you. So, lunch to dinner and dancing are now normal. His next step is to take you to dinner at a restaurant with a dance floor in a hotel, he's now nearing the end game. After taking you there a few times to get you comfortable he'll make his move. He'll find an opportunity to kiss you on the lips and if you resist he will apologise profusely saying something like. ''I'm so sorry it's just that you're so beautiful I couldn't resist please forgive me,'' and of course you will. The next time he will make sure you have had a little too much to drink and try again or he might put a little E pill in your drink to lower your inhibitions. Before you know it you'll be in his room being fucked and wondering how it happened.''

''I'm willing to bet he will have bedded you by this time next year if you stay as his PA.''

I looked at Linda she was now crying, and tears were dripping off of her chin.

''You can't be serious you know I will never cheat on you I'm quite capable of handling Carl if he tries to pull that shit. I'm disappointed that you think so little of me that I might fall for his bullshit I'm not some teenager with stars in her eyes.''

''Linda I meant no disrespect and I trust you implicitly, but predators like him have a way of getting under your defences, to him your just another conquest. Look how easily he came between us tonight this is our first major fight since we met doesn't that tell you anything?''

''Ok you have a point but for warned is for armed, if he tries anything like you described I'll shut him down and report him to HR, satisfied?''

''Not really, if you love me as much as you say you do and you value our marriage you'll put in your notice tomorrow.''

''I love you more than life itself, but I won't be driven out of the job I love by a predatory bastard like him. You said earlier that you would be willing to bet on the outcome well so am I. If he hasn't bedded me by the next Christmas party you will buy me that Porsche I've always wanted.''

''And if he has?''

''Anything you want I can't lose.''

''Ok, I'll think of something.''

I let the matter drop after that and life went on as usual. We went to work socialised with friends and made love several times a week. About two months later I broached the subject again.

''Linda it's been two months since our chat about Carl, has he asked you to lunch yet?''

Linda looked shifty like she did when she wanted to hide something from me like when she pranged her car.

''I'm not giving you any information until you tell me what you want if I lose.''

I know when someone is trying to dodge answering and I was now worried about our marriage I knew he had asked but had she accepted?

I thought about the situation and the more I thought about it the more convinced I was that I was right. I decided to protect myself financially, I had my attorney draw up a postnup agreement. If she cheated she would walk away with her clothes and what she had in her account and nothing more.

That night when she got home after dinner I put the postnup in front of her.

''What's this?''

''You asked me to decide what I wanted if you lost our bet, This is it, it's a postnup. If you cheat on me by the Christmas party you walk away with just your clothes and the money in your account.''

She looked at me like I was from Mars.

''You're serious.''

''As a heart attack, are you confident enough in your abilities to resist Carl that you will sign the document, or have you started going to lunch with him like I said you would?''

She picked up the pen signed where indicated and threw it at me and went to the bedroom and locked the door. I think it was at that moment I knew she was lost but she didn't.

The following day I gave the signed postnup to my attorney for safe keeping, I prayed I would never have to use it because that would mean our marriage was over. For the rest of the day, I was useless, my stomach felt like it was full of butterflies, and I felt sick.

I considered just making shithead disappear it would be easy, then I thought Linda needed to pass this test if we were to start a family. I needed to know for sure she was mother material now rather than down the road when children were involved. I would just let things unfold naturally.

It was now September and Linda, and I hadn't spoken about it since she locked me out of the bedroom that night. Things had got back to normal until Late in August when she seemed to have changed. I came back from an assignment one afternoon, and Linda was still at work, so I started dinner. As soon as she came in I could see something was wrong, so I asked her about it. She shut me down saying it was just a work problem. She seemed edgy for the next couple of days but wouldn't talk about it. We usually made love when I returned but she said she wasn't feeling well so no sex for the next two days. Saturday she seemed her usual self as if she had reached a decision and the weekend went well. We made love Saturday night and Sunday morning, but her heart didn't seem to be in it.

I decided to enlist some help as I was sure I would win the bet, but I would need proof for the divorce and to initiate the postnup. I called our team planner and explained what I wanted. She and Carl would be followed, and a surveillance team would bug his and her cars, his office and any room they used. I was sad at the end of my marriage, but she was warned. I told the team I didn't want a daily report but would like it by the end of November.

I was given the folder containing the report on the fifteenth with the advice.

''If there is any hope of reconciliation do not look at all the pictures just the first video that should be enough to get a divorce. The rest are not admissible in court. But please listen to the dialogue it may help you get over this.''

I took their advice and only looked at the first video. It showed Linda and shithead walking down a corridor in a hotel Linda opened the door and she and shithead entered the time was 23.30. The video was blank until 08.30 the following morning when the shithead left the room with a grin on his face. My marriage was over, time to bury it. I didn't need to listen to all the dialogue on the other discs this was enough.

0000000000000

The night of the Christmas party:

I was waiting at the bottom of the stairs just like last year waiting for Linda. The difference was that I was wearing sweats instead of a tux. About six weeks ago Linda went to a sales conference with the whole team and when she returned she was a different woman. There was no return sex no loving embraces she seemed completely distracted and cut me off emotionally. I knew then she had succumbed to Shithead's advances as much as this saddened me I could no longer be intimate with her. I made up an excuse saying I was suffering from testicular Itas and was advised to refrain from any sexual activity. And used the excuse that I was in a lot of pain so would be unable to go to the Christmas party. Having been recently promoted to assistant sales manager she would have to go on her own.

She came down the stairs and I was surprised to note that she had not made the same effort to impress as she had last year. She wore a plain cocktail dress sensible shoes and unremarkable jewellery if it wasn't for the dress she could have been dressed for work. To say I was shocked would be an understatement, she always tried to outdo the other wives at the Christmas party. She came over to me and gave me a peck on the cheek.

''I'm off now, I won't be late home and I'll have a lot to tell you after tonight.''

With that said she opened the door and left for the party.

Earlier in the day I visited my attorney Sarah Cox and picked up three lawsuits A petition for divorce for Linda, alienation of affection for shithead (I knew that wouldn't go anywhere but it might embarrass him) and a failure to implement company policy regarding sexual harassment by a superior. (Half the company knew about their affair, so the boss had to) I next went to see my surveillance team. They had gone above and beyond their duty to me and I wanted to reward them. They flatly refused and monetary reward saying it was their pleasure and if I needed them for anything else just say the word. I was a little choked up by their loyalty and thanked them profusely. They then gave me three other folders showing that Clive had been a busy boy. He had seduced two of the other four women in the sales team and the PA to the CEO.