Christmas Party

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

''Well, aren't you at least going to say hello after all these years?''

My heart was going ten to the dozen, this woman still affected me more than I wanted to admit, I found that I was happy to see her and realised I no longer held the grudge I had for so long.

''Hi Linda, you're looking good.''

That was all I managed to stammer. And she did look good, she looked more relaxed than I felt that's for sure.

''Is That all you've got to say no how are you keeping or it's good to see you?''

''Sorry, but you took me by surprise and yes it is good to see you what are you doing here?''

I asked as I looked around for a partner/boyfriend.

''I'm out with a couple of girls from work, we go out once a month for a girl flick and a meal afterwards. Look Barry we have a lot to talk about but not here call me and we'll meet. Please don't blow me off it's really important that we talk. Anyway, I must get back to the others or they will make two plus two make five if you know what I mean.''

She took out a business card and wrote her number on the back and I watched her walk away. Damn, I thought I was over her and now here I was watching her walk away and thinking about what could have been. Should have been if only she had stayed true. My stomach knotted and I was tempted to tear up the card but she had seemed so insistent that we meet so I kept the card. My meal was ruined so I called for the bill, as I paid it I saw Linda and her friends look at me and smile. Call me petty but I didn't acknowledge them and just walked out. All the way home I couldn't get her out of my mind if only we hadn't bumped into each other. I didn't sleep well that night and got up early and went to the gym to try and distract myself. It didn't work she was in my brain so I decided to call her but not yet, let her sweat and think I wasn't going to call. I lasted until Thursday and called her, the card said she was the CEO at Benson's now and I uncharitably thought who had she slept with for that promotion. I immediately scolded myself for that unworthy thought. I called her number and she answered immediately.

''Hi Barry (her voice reminded me how much I missed her cheerful way of answering the phone) I thought you were never going to call.''

''I had my reasons, look if you still want to meet I'm up for it how about Friday night at that diner?''

''Sorry, Barry I'm going to dinner at Mom's Friday night, how about we meet for lunch at the diner, say at two and take it from there?''

''OK see you then.''

And I hung up. Saturday morning, I did my shopping as usual but kept thinking about Linda and why she wanted to talk after all this time. I went home and changed into slacks and a polo shirt not exactly smart but not too tardy either. I needn't have worried when I got there she was sitting in a booth in the corner I suppose for privacy. She was wearing jeans a T-shirt and a denim jacket. She stood as I approached and as I went to shake hands she pulled me in and gave me a peck on the cheek. I felt a little flutter in my stomach and stepped back to look at her. She was smiling as if she had just won a bet and sat back down, I sat down and stared at the menu but not seeing anything as my mind was still appreciating that kiss. Fuck she could still play me like a violin I had to take the initiative.

''So, Linda what is so important we had to meet and bring all the pain back? Haven't we both suffered enough?''

''I'm sorry if I have caused you to suffer again it wasn't my intention. You just looked so lost when you came in I thought you needed me to kiss it better like I used to. Can we order and talk afterwards I'm famished I've come straight from the gym and didn't bother with breakfast.''

We ordered Bacon waffles and eggs for Linda and a bagel for me, and we both ordered coffee. As we ate we brought each other up to date on our experiences over the past five years. Linda had been promoted to CEO when Ray Barnes left for greener pastures and Ralf Benson went back into semi-retirement. Linda asked about my past five years but understood that I couldn't tell her much as my job was classified. She seemed genuinely interested when I told her I had my trader's licence and was doing well. We talked about nothing really through the desert but when that was cleared away and more coffee was brought Linda's attitude changed.

''Barry the first thing I want to say is I have missed you every single day we were apart and I never stopped loving you. You should also know I tried for two years to find you but the government wouldn't even acknowledge you worked for them. I stopped looking when two men in black suits came to see me and told me to stop as it was a matter of national security. I didn't know what to think, had I been married to James Bond and didn't know it. Then we bumped into each other and here we are. I need to know if you're still working for the government before I go any further.''

''No Lin I have left that life behind me and now just work for myself as a trader.''

''In that case, there is something you need to know.''

She took out an envelope from her purse and opened it, She then took out a picture and gave it to me with a smile. It was a picture of a little girl of about five looking into the camera and smiling, I could see the resemblance to Linda and looked at her with an eyebrow raised in question.

''Her name is Sarah Jane Scott and she is our daughter, here is the proof.''

She gave me a birth certificate and two pieces of paper, the certificate had me listed as the father and the other pieces of paper were DNA test results proving I was her father. I sat there stunned, was this some sort of hoax to get me back or was it real?

''How, when?''

''The last time we made love before Clive raped me. I was feeling ill and being sick every morning leading up to the Christmas party. I thought it was the stress but after you left I went to the doctor and he told me I was four months gone. I was frantic I thought it was Clive's but I couldn't abort it just in case it was yours so I carried it to term. When she was born and I saw her for the first time I just knew she was ours so I had a DNA test done and sure enough, she's your daughter. Barry I know you always wanted children, well now you have one. The decision you have to make is do you want to be part of her life and if so in what capacity? You have choices You can be an absent father, a weekend father or a full-time father. I need to know before I introduce you to her, She will know you on sight as I have our wedding photo on the wall and a picture of us together on the mantle. You see I never gave up hope that we might someday be together again. If on the other hand, you're not interested in being a father just walk away and I will never contact you again the choice is yours.''

I sat there looking like a complete idiot, I was already besotted by this little girl and I had yet to meet her. How could I not want to be in her life? She was part of me, maybe the best part. I looked up at Linda's smiling face and just nodded, I had tears in my eyes and a silly smile on my face. She knew then she had me, the bait was just too tempting.

''I can see by the look on your face you want to be in her life we can see in what capacity as we go on. Now finish your coffee and I'll take you home to meet her.''

The journey to Linda's house was in silence my mind was racing and jumping about all over the place. When we arrived at a very nice, gated house in an upmarket neighbourhood and got out of the car the front door opened and a little blond whirlwind launched herself at her mother.

''Mommy I missed you, is this the man in your picture when you got married?''

''Yes honey this is your Daddy.''

On hearing myself described as daddy my heart nearly burst and I had to wipe tears from my eyes.

''Mommy why is Daddy crying is he sad?''

''No baby he's just so happy to see you he can't help it. Now go and say hello and take him inside.''

She came over to me a bit shyly and took my hand.

''Hello, my name's Sarah would you like to see my room? Mommy said it would be all right come on.''

''Hello, Sarah my name's Barry and I would love to see your room.''

''No silly your Daddy not Barry.''

And she led the way pulling me along, Linda was standing there smiling with tears trickling down her face.

Ooooooooooooo

Epilogue:

Needless to say, Linda and I soon got back together and were married within the year, Sarah was her chief bride's maid with a little help from Linda's mother of course.

It's now been two years I've been a stay-at-home dad and I love it, although a nanny does most of the work. Linda runs Benson's but will soon have to take maternity leave as she is expecting another little Scott any time now.

Am I happy? You bet your ass I am.

On a lighter note:

Two deaf men go into a bar, One signs I'll get the drinks and goes to the bar, when he orders and lipreads the bill he thinks it's really expensive. He asks the bartender why it's so expensive in broken English. The bartender points to the speakers around the room and explains it's because of the music. The man asks.

''Rock and roll?''

''No.''

''Jazz?''

''No.''

''What then?''

''Country and Western.''

''Oh.''

And the man returns to his friend and explains their next drink will be somewhere else. When his friend asks why he explains about the music and points to the speakers. His friend asks.

''Rock and roll?''

''No.''

''Jazz?''

''No''

''What then?''

''Some cunt from Preston.''

0000000000000000