Christmas with Ivy

Story Info
Christmas with my little sister takes an unexpected turn.
9k words
4.67
98.2k
210
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
shakna
shakna
1,839 Followers

Author's Note: A little late, but here's a Christmas piece, for a friend.

---

The airport was playing the latest pop-star bastardisation of some Christmas carol when I got in from my flight, exhausted and dragging my body more than controlling it.

The flight had been cramped and uncomfortable. I don't know the last time that the company had reduced the legroom, but this time it had been way too far. I hadn't even been able to sit down properly. If I put my knees into the empty seat in front, then my butt hadn't been able to reach the seat. To actually sit, I had to pull my legs up, which got me told off by the flight stewardesses.

It's not that I was tall. I'm no giant, though my sister would tell you otherwise. Her big brother was a goliath according to the petite little dancer. However, just because I could rest my elbow on her head was no reflection on me. She was just short.

Ivy had turned twenty this year, and she was still the shortest girl among her friends. A tiny 5'3'', if you wanted to go by the old system. She'd reached that height around mid-highschool and stayed there ever since.

If that hadn't been awful enough for her self-esteem, she had the figure of a dancer. That is to say, I generally had to sit there awkwardly as she spent some time complaining that her tits were too small.

I could usually pull her out of her funk by demonstrating how light she was by picking her up one-handed. A lot of girls would kill for a waist like hers - a waist maintained by a strict diet and insane exercise schedule.

But her height was probably the reason I couldn't see her as I stood beside my luggage and stretched, trying to work off some of the uncomfortable flight.

It was only four hours, Darwin to Melbourne, but that had been more than long enough to be feel like torture when I couldn't fit into the seats. Yet, that was the price I paid to study some of the oldest inhabited caves on the planet.

"Gotcha!" Tiny arms slipped around my waist from behind, and pulled me into a tight cuddle.

I smiled and glanced backwards, "Hey, shortcake."

"Hey, Philistine." She shot back with a grin, and squeezed tighter, "Ya missed me?"

I disentangled myself from her, grabbing my case, "Only a lot. Where are mum 'n dad?"

"Ooh, boy. There's a story." Ivy laughed, tossing her black braid over her shoulder, and starting to walk, "So, you know how they've been talking forever about getting a camper and taking it to the Otways?"

I shrugged, "Only since I was in primary school. They finally managed to?"

"Kinda." Ivy screwed up her face, "Though, if that tinderbox deserves to be called a camper, then a micropenis is a hefty schlong."

"Gross."

She grinned cheekily, green eyes sparkling, "Oh, it gets gross. Don't worry. Uhm... They took it towards the Otways, but apparently that was too far for them to wait. Dad pulled over in front of some farm for he and mum to... Work out some frustration."

I winced, "Ew. Do you really have to remind me that our parents still get up to stuff?"

"Yes. Because it's important to the story." Ivy protested, "Ya see, the farmer came out, all irate. And when Dad was too busy banging Mum to hear anyone banging on the door, the farmer slashed their tires. Pissy bugger."

I shook my head, "Oh. One of those."

"Yeah." Ivy shrugged, "So those two won't be making it home for Christmas. They got to the campsite on a tow truck, but they have to pre-order the tires and there's no bus back because Christmas. So they're stuck there for like a week."

"That sucks."

She shrugged and hugged my arm, "What? I thought you said you missed me a lot. Or were you just being polite because you know I'd dump your ass here if you didn't say something nice?"

I hugged her back, "Well, if I'd known, I wouldn't have brought half the presents with me. That's most of what's in the suitcase. But, s'pose we can just make a Christmas of our own. Any plans?"

"Not really. Just you." Ivy shook her head, and interlaced her fingers with mine. She walked beside me like that, but she never had before. It felt slightly awkward because it was out of the blue.

I looked around as we stepped outside, and into the sun. I laughed as the heatwave rolled over us, "Wow. May as well not have left the desert. It's hotter here than back home."

"The Kimberly's are home, now?" Ivy said, with a tiny hint of hurt in her voice.

I shrugged, "Been there two years. Have to hope I'd get used to it. You missing me?"

"Not a chance." Ivy laughed, but sounded hollow. She saw me look at her, and her chin dropped, "Yeah. A whole bunch... Having to listen to mum and dad act like rabbits... And no one came to my last performance. Stuff is hard without you around."

I squeezed her hand, and stopped us walking, "Hey. I'm here for you. Even for whatever you're hiding, that hurt you worse."

"Jerk." She whispered without meaning it and dropped her head forward into my chest, hands slipping around to hug me. "I... I broke up with my boyfriend."

I hugged her back, "Oh, Ivy. That sucks. Been long?"

Her boyfriend had been a jerk I happily would have made lose a few teeth. He and I had almost come to blows on a few occasions, and not from lack of trying on his part. He always seemed to have a drink or fag in his hand, and referred to Ivy as either his woman, or his bitch.

However, she had loved him, somehow.

She was an adult, and even if she weren't, you can't just make someone's choices for them. I'd let her know I hated him, and then done everything I could to support her - which wasn't much, when I saw her about twice a year since moving out.

"Few days." She mumbled, obviously crying, "He... He finally hit me."

"Asshole!"

"Shut up." Ivy gave a small growl and then pulled into the hug tighter. "Yeah. He was an asshole. I dumped him on the spot. He's been calling me ever since. I... I want to pick up. But I'm not gonna."

I hugged her back, resting my chin on her head, "Good. So... I guess things are just you and me. Unless you're going to get dragged out to a party by one of your friends."

"Rachel's been asking about you." Ivy said meaningfully, wiping at her cheeks and taking my hand again. "You could... Maybe... Have a date."

"And abandon my little sister in the cold, dark and alone?" I said with faux modesty, "Never."

She rolled her eyes, and started guiding us towards the car again, "Oh, my gallant knight. Such a joyous day, when you thrust your presence upon me."

I laughed, "Tis the way of things, m'lady."

"Plenty of thrusting too, if Rachel had her way." Ivy stuck out her tongue and giggled.

I shook my head, "Okay. Yes, your friend is hot. I'm still not abandoning you. We can sit around playing board games and taking the piss out of each other."

"Oh, for fuck's sake." Ivy said through gritted teeth, "I've already invited Rachel over. This was me trying to be subtle. I kinda owed her, and I didn't think you'd mind that much. Thought you'd take it as a Christmas present."

"You... Set me up on a date? At Christmas?"

She shrugged, "I don't expect to hear the bed springs, even if that's what she wants. But I thought the three of us could play board games, and take the piss out of you."

"Ganging up on me, are we?"

"'Course. Girls gotta stick together." Ivy grinned.

I shrugged, "Fine. I'll go with the flow. But I'm mostly concerned my little sister got hurt, and now I can't focus on spoiling her rotten."

"You're going to try your best, anyways." Ivy said knowingly.

The conversation cut off as we got to her little red hatchback, and I loaded my suitcase into the back of it. Ivy was silent and locked in concentration as she made her way out of the cramped carpark, so I matched her.

---

"God, I hate the tunnel." Ivy said, looking at the banked up lanes as she drove in the flashing yellow lights, trying to avoid the ever-present construction workers. "Feeling claustrophobic. Distract me... Um... Presents. What did you get mum and dad?"

I yawned from my seat, feeling dazed by the lighting, "Those two? Uh... Got Mum some costume jewellery. She always seems to be losing her earrings when I talk to her. Also got her a murder mystery book. What about you?"

"Mum?" Ivy pursed her lips as she drove, "Pretty sure I got her socks and bras. She's been complaining about the underwire in hers. Not exactly a traditional Christmas present, but she'd never buy a decent one for herself."

I gave a small laugh, "And not like Dad could pick a bra to save his life."

"Oh, and you're better, are you?" Ivy said sarcastically.

I gave a small shrug, "I dunno. But I've bought two girlfriends bras, and both of them seemed to like 'em. Not claiming to be an expert, or anything."

"Too busy taking them off?" Ivy said, somewhat jealously. "My big brother, getting all the hot, short-short wearing, science chicks."

I gave a brief thought to one girl in particular, and buried it quickly. "Uh, no. Not exactly the type to maintain relationships, those."

"Her."

I sighed, "Yes, okay, you caught me. Her. Her name was Phoebe, and she was wild, and I was... Fulfilling her base and primal needs so that she might better concentrate in the daylight."

"Woooow." Ivy laughed, "That's not just a stereotype?"

"Oh, it's totally a stereotype. Doesn't mean that one or two people don't actually follow it."

She shook her head, "Man. Sounds like you actually liked her. Planning on some action, when you get back?"

"No, sorry to disappoint." I sighed, "I... I want a meaningful connection, Ivy. That was fun, but it wasn't it. As fun as it was... It kinda made me start hating myself, so I broke it off."

"Good. You deserve more." Ivy said angrily.

"Like Rachel?"

Ivy laughed, "Okay, you got me. So, the story goes that Rachel helped me out, big time. She stepped in so the jerk and I could have a long weekend away, when I was supposed to be doing a closing night performance. On the condition that I let her ask you out."

"Why me?"

"Have you seen yourself?" Ivy laughed, "Tan, muscled. Tall and blonde. Deep blue eyes that could scream `fuck me' all night long."

"Wow!"

She shrugged, "That's how Rachel described you. And... She's not entirely wrong. Time in the heat has not been unkind to you."

"So... Ignoring that... Rachel was the redhead, right?"

Ivy nodded, "Aha. The one who always used to find a damned excuse to wear a bikini around the house. Making you awkwardly retreat."

"Yup."

The green eyes rolled so hard I was afraid she couldn't see the road, "Hell, dude. Rachel totally would have let you take her back to your room, then. You really missed it, didn't you?"

"No. Not at all." I laughed, "She tried to crawl into bed with me, once. I asked her to go back and sleep with you. Not that intent on screwing around with my sister's friends. At least, not without her permission."

Ivy swallowed, "That still apply?"

"Yeah? But you said we weren't doing anything much with her. No need to worry, Ivy."

She sighed, "It's going to sound weird."

"Jealousy? That's a normal emotion." I shook my head, "She's your friend, and I'm your big brother. So it'll feel like one or both of us is stealing the other from you. That's way inside the norm."

"It's really not." Ivy whispered under her breath, "Anyways... What did you get Dad?"

I blinked at the sudden swerve of conversation, but didn't feel like trying to dig into what she meant. "Man things. Some wood chips for the barbecue, to smoke with, and a new scraper for it. A new drill for his shed."

"Booooring."

I laughed, "Okay, then, what did you get him?"

"Well. Mum's been complaining that he doesn't last long enough, so I got him some toys for her." Ivy said wickedly.

I shook my head, "Aha. What did you actually get him?"

"Ties and belts." Ivy said with a yawn, "Fine, mine's even more boring. But what are we supposed to do? The man despises games. Hates sports. The only thing he does for fun is woodwork, and he owns every fucking tool under the sun."

"Except ones for Mum, apparently." I teased.

Ivy gave a small groan and crinkled her nose, "Yeah, shouldn't have gone there."

"You... Hear them? With toys?"

"Buzzing all night long." Ivy replied.

"I am... So sorry." I shook my head, "Why haven't you moved out, yet?"

She shrugged, "Can't afford it, right now. Don't worry, I'm saving for it. But the housing in town is batshit. Eight hundred a week for a place held together by black mold and spiderwebs."

"Try twelve hundred."

Ivy gave a gasp, "Seriously? Aren't you living at the backend of fuck all?"

"Exactly why it's expensive. Or so I'm told." I shrugged, "Doesn't include water and power, either."

"How are you not flat broke?"

I laughed, "Oh, I am. But the uni pays for my flights back here. And the holiday bonus helps. But no, I didn't buy you a house made of jade."

"Ooh! He remembers my favourite gemstone." Ivy grinned.

We finally emerged out of the tunnel and back into the sunlight, and both breathed a sigh of relief. Ivy yawned, "Pulling over at the next rest stop. I need to stretch. You need a coffee or some food?"

"I'm good. Get you a drink, though."

---

We didn't stop for long, and soon after Ivy was pulling into the family garage.

Before my door was even halfway open an overexcited dog had jumped into my lap and I was shielding my face as the German shepherd tried to bathe me in her affection.

"Down, girl!" I tried to move the dog as Ivy sat there laughing at me.

Eventually my little sister took pity on me and gave a sharp whistle. The dog instantly went back to obedient and jumped lightly down and out of the car.

Ivy gave me a look of victory, and then headed inside.

I dragged my suitcase in, and headed in the direction of my old bedroom. However, upon opening the door, I found the room occupied.

Red ringlets tumbled down around two plump and flushed cheeks, hazel eyes closed in a look of bliss. A loose and thin red dress, decorated with white snowflakes, was pulled up high enough to expose her navel, and around one of her ankles was a silver chain anklet hanging a dozen tiny snowflakes with a brilliant light blue gemstone on each of them.

All of that was taken in a single moment.

"Oh, shit." I said in surprise.

Rachel's knees snapped together, and she stared in horror at me, as the buzz of a vibrator filled the chasm of silence opening between us. I gave a small polite nod, tiptoed backwards, and closed the door.

With my face bright red from the encounter, I wheeled my gear to the lounge room and called out, "Ivy?"

"Just a minute!" She called from down the hallway, followed by, "Have you seen Rachel, anywhere?"

I nodded, knowing she couldn't see it, but didn't say anything.

Ivy emerged from her bedroom, having dressed down. She was wearing an over-sized t-shirt, and a polished circle of jade stone on a thin black cord around her neck. A present of mine from a previous Christmas.

She yawned tiredly, scratching at her hair, "What's up?"

"Anything I should know about sleeping arrangements?"

She looked at me confused for a moment, and then her eyes widened, "Oh! Rachel's in your old room, isn't she? I set up mum and dad's for you, what with them not being around."

"Spoiled. I get the king size." I said smartly.

Ivy's eyes narrowed, "Did you walk in on Rachel taking a piss in the bathroom or something?"

"Just me wondering when you guys were getting back." Rachel emerged, looking less shocked and surprised than I would have expected. She smiled sweetly at me, "You don't mind me gatecrashing your Christmas, do you?"

My little sister glared between us, crossed her arms, and then sighed, "I'm taking five. Call me when you wanna eat. And my sweet, sweet brother... Don't. Just don't."

"I didn't do anything!" I protested as she walked away, and slammed her bedroom door.

Rachel swallowed, "Well, this is awkward."

"You can help me unload presents, if you want." I pulled the suitcase down the hall towards where the tree was set up in the lounge room, like always.

The redhead paused by the doorway, "If I tried the mistletoe trick right now, Ivy would kill us both, wouldn't she?"

"Still got that crush, huh?" I let her down roughly, unzipping the suitcase and starting to pile out some presents.

Rachel leaned into the frame, "Ivy gave you a bit of a heads up, I take it."

"A little. And I was flattered. You're a looker, but you're also Ivy's bestie." I pointed out.

She gave a small nod, "Figured it was a long shot. But... If you get lonely in the middle of the night..."

"Your door is right across from Ivy's. And the walls are paper thin."

Rachel laughed, "That wasn't a `no'."

"It was. I was trying to be nice." I replied, "And sorry, most of these are for Ivy. None for you. She always loves presents, so I tend to individually wrap hers."

"Didn't you individually wrap a bunch of chocolate sultanas for her, one year? Like a hundred or something?" Rachel asked.

I grinned up at her, "Yup. Another year I did a bunch of biscuits. This year I didn't go as far. I got her a pile of anklets. You know, the simple and solid type? That's that pile of 'em."

"You're adorable." Rachel said jealously, "Ivy's lucky to have a brother like you."

"What about your family? Christmas?"

She blew at her fringe, "Did a thing last week. It's just me and my brother, Dane, now. And he's practically a mute. Just sits and broods. I got him a cricket bat, though. Signed by the team. He actually smiled for half a second."

"Ah."

Rachel shrugged, "Love 'im. He's just not a people person like his big sister. He got me a game. You manage to play anything, in that desert of yours?"

I shook my head, and re-zipped the suitcase, sliding it aside and sitting on the couch, "Nah. Heat murders the batteries. And the dust. Fuck ochre dust. Seriously. Gets into everything. Killed my console in a week."

She looked forlornly at the plastic mistletoe for a moment and crossed to the couch. Sitting down with one leg crossed underneath her. Rachel looked down, "About before..."

"Adult, bedroom." I shrugged, "Don't need to know about it."

She rubbed at her head, just like Ivy did when she was frustrated, "I... I was kinda thinking about you."

"How many times I gotta turn you down, Rach?" I said in pain, "I'm trying not to hurt your feelings, believe it or not."

Rachel nodded, "No, I get that... It's... I was going to ask a favour. Um... So... You might not know, but I'm not really straight."

"Oh."

She shrugged, "So, uh... If I can't have you..."

"You want me to help set you up with Ivy?" I said in surprise, "You're her best friend. I wouldn't have thought you'd need my help for that."

"You were an excuse, sorry dude." Rachel shook her head, "To drive Ivy crazy jealous. I've tried to make passes at her before, but she doesn't get it. I mean, I'm here on Christmas, and I guarantee you she'll think I just wanna screw around for the night. That it means nothing."

I frowned, "Okay... Suddenly understanding a few memories... How many times have you messed around with Ivy?"

"Twice." Rachel swallowed, "I uh... I kinda just gave in, both times. I was trying to ask her out, and she thought I was asking her to help pick up a date."

"Random question - Ivy know you twist?"

Rachel shrugged, "She's had my fingers down her pants. What do you think?"

"I don't think she knows you'd want a girlfriend. Romance. She might just think you play with girls for fun, but look to guys for longterm."

She blinked, "I... Never thought of it that way."

"She does." I said firmly, "I mean it. I already knew Ivy had kissed a girl or two, but she never mopes for them, unlike her boyfriends. Guys are for real relationships. Girls are just for fun."

shakna
shakna
1,839 Followers