City of Churches - The OWLS Club Pt. 01

Story Info
A lesbian romance story, murder mystery a slow burn.
1.9k words
4.27
3.1k
5

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 02/18/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Arking
Arking
352 Followers

The forward

The continuing story of the OWLS Club.

You won't have to read the original OWLS Club to appreciate this new storyline. It is very similar to the original, but not.

It is a mystery, there is murder, some gore and violence and some sex between consenting adults over 18 gay women. You will notice some old familiar names and many new ones.

I will dabble with some accidental incest at some point during the story, I don't know if this will be as long as the original OWLS Club but it will be just as interesting. I hope you enjoy the journey.

Adelaide is the capital city of South Australia. Known as the 'City of Churches' due to the progressive nature of the free settlers who founded the state back in the early 1800s and the diversity of faiths.

Named in honour of Queen Adelaide, the city was founded in 1836 as the planned capital for the only freely-settled British province in Australia. Colonel William Light, one of Adelaide's founding fathers, designed the city centre and chose its location close to the River Torrens. Light's design, now listed as a national heritage, set out the city centre in a grid layout known as "Light's Vision", interspaced by wide boulevards and large public squares, and entirely surrounded by parklands. Early colonial Adelaide was shaped by the diversity and wealth of its free settlers, in contrast to the convict history of other Australian cities.

Adelaide is hot, dry and dusty in the summer months and cold, wet and miserable during the winter months. The wind chill makes it feel a lot colder than it actually is.

Generally, Adelaide is a quiet, pretty city, with not too much crime, and peak hour lasts just long enough to be able to get home from the city center in half an hour.

Kathleen Ambrose was waiting in her solicitor's office for a phone call to confirm that the deal to purchase the seven-story building in Grote Street, had gone through. She sat there with her partner Michelle Dumuir, who was busy texting someone on her phone, or more likely sexting. The desk phone rang, and Janette McMahon answered the call, "yes, I see, OK, yes, she is here, all right I'll put her on," Jan passed the phone to Kathleen and caught the eye of Michelle who looked up and got a small nod and a smile. Michelle gave a deep sigh, she knew that Kathy had been hanging out for this deal for quite some while and if it had gone on much longer, she would be even more grumpy than she had been these past two weeks.

Michelle put her phone away and waited for the phone call to finish.

Kathleen was listening and nodding without saying a word then as a smile came on her face, she said, "excellent, thank you," and handed back the handpiece to Jan, who listened to make sure the other party had hung up, which they had, and she replaced the phones handpiece.

Kathleen was all smiles, hugged Michelle and shook hands with Jan. Then explained, "they took it to the deadline, but agreed to the 3.75 mil, they wanted us to go to 3.8 but come 5 minutes before the deadline, they accepted the offer."

She turned to Jan and thanked her again, "How soon can you get the documents written up?"

"End of the week," She was told, Kathleen nodded and said,"2 pm Friday?"

They agreed, and Kathy turned to her partner and told Michelle to ring Mia to get them ready to roll as of next Monday.

"Oui Maîtresse," She replied [Yes Mistress] in her native tongue.

"Jan, we are going to have some French bubbles around at the Mylk Bar, you are welcome to join us."

"Thanks, Kath but I am doing the school run today and Bryan wants to take us all out for dinner tonight, otherwise I would be up for it."

"Argh married bliss, can't beat it, How are your tribe getting on?" She asked.

"Going great guns, the youngest one starts high school next year,"

"Oh my goodness gracious, what, that makes her twelve wouldn't it?"

Yes, twelve going on twenty and with her dad's attitude as well," She was told.

"O K, nothing wrong with a young woman having a strong opinion you know,"

"You think so do you, in that case, come school holidays, she can do some work experience with you two then,"

Kathy backed off quickly, "Not sure our work environment is ideally suited to a twelve-year-old," She then turned to Michelle and said, "Pensez-vous que c'est une bonne idée pour un enfant de douze ans de passer du temps avec nous? [Do you think it is a good idea for a twelve-year-old to spend time with us?]

"Si cela signifie que je dois être habillée tout le temps, alors pas question que ma Kathleen" Michelle replied with a smirk on her face. [If it means I have to be dressed all the time then no way my Kathleen]

"Yes, you would have to be decent all the time," She was told.

Jan looked at them and said bluntly, "I wish you two would stop doing that, just breaking into French so no one else actually knows what you two are saying. It's bloody rude you know,"

The two girls looked at each other, Michelle shrugged in a way that only French women can do and still express an emotion.

Kathleen hugged Jan in a warm friendly manner, "We do apologise, Jan, no offence meant,"

" Je ne m'excuse pas Maîtresse," Michelle said while looking directly at her Mistress, [I am not apologising Mistress]

Kathleen turned to meet the dark stare and told her young lover, "You will do as you are told,"

"Dois-je le faire?" Michelle asked [Do I have to?]

"Michelle, it is the Ambrose way, now stop being so French and say you are sorry and mean it."

Michelle turned to Janette held out her hand to shake it and gave her a sincere apology.

"Now we are off to see Erica if you need me just ring," she said to Jan, waving her mobile phone at her. Jan nodded her reply.

Kathleen hated doing her business in the city, parking was a bitch and you can never get one where you needed it. She took Michelle by the hand and walked briskly back towards the park and shop multi-level carpark then asked Michelle to explain herself. "You should not have answered me back at Jan's you realise,"

"Oui Maîtresse, mais pourquoi devrions-nous nous excuser auprès d'elle, nous n'avons rien dit d'insultant envers elle. Elle en attend trop et parfois j'ai l'impression que tu cèdes trop facilement à tes amis." She said to her Mistress, [Yes Mistress, but why should we have to apologise to her, we said nothing insulting towards her. She expects too much and sometimes I feel you give in to your friends too easily.]

"Mon doux amour, tu es jeune et tu dois apprendre que parfois, être gentil avec un ami, ce n'est pas céder, c'est être respectueux," Kathleen told her young partner. [My sweet love, you are young and you must learn that sometimes, being nice to a friend isn't giving in, it is being respectful.]

They arrived at the carpark and found their car, eventually. After many months of carrying on Kathleen had given in to her young lover and upgraded from a simple, small, and versatile vehicle to a new Ford Mustang, red no less. They had lost count of the number of times they sat and watched a sunset overlooking the gulf. The car fitted her new persona.

"Are we going to stay long with Evie and Erica, Kathy? Michelle asked.

"Why?" Came the reply.

"Because Margaret was texting me, she said she needs a massage, her neck and back are sore,"

"You are getting quite a reputation as a masseuse aren't you, do all your massages end up with a satisfied customer?" Her partner asked her.

"Je n'ai pas de clients Kathy, juste des amis qui ont besoin d'un massage du dos de temps en temps, et avant que vous ne demandiez, NON, ils ne viennent pas avec des fins heureuses." Michelle told her girl friend. [I do not have customers Kathy, just friends who need a back rub from time to time, and before you ask, NO they don't come with happy endings.]

"I wasn't going to say a word, darling, I know the only one you give happy endings to is right here next to you," She smiled and kissed her. They jumped in the car and Kathy drove around to the Mylk Bar, pulling into the rear alleyway and up to their back door. She rang Erica's number and when it was answered she told her they were out the back.

Evie opened the back door and let them in as it was early evening and Erica closes up at 6 pm, they still had enough time to share the good news. Michelle and Evie were close friends, even though Evie was married to Erica and Kathleen was meant to be planning her wedding to Michelle. But projects seemed to pop up all the time and their wedding has been put off so many times now it had become a standing joke between them and their friends. Michelle never once complained.

As Evie spoke fluent French she enjoyed just talking with Michelle about everything.

She asked her "Avez-vous déjà fait des progrès sur votre mariage, ou est-ce toujours un point sensible?" [Have you made any progress on your wedding yet, or is it still a sore point?]

Michelle lowered her voice and looked around to see where Kathy was before replying, "Je pense que Kathleen est oublieuse, elle ne m'a rien dit à ce sujet depuis un mois. [I think that Kathleen is forgetful, she hasn't said anything about it to me for a month.]

Evie gave her a hug, "Elle le fera quand elle sera prête" [she will do it when she is ready]

"Peut-être, peut-être pas, je m'en fiche tant que nous sommes ensemble, je l'aime follement vous savez et elle m'exaspère tout le temps., comme aujourd'hui elle m'a demandé de m'excuser auprès d'un avocat juste pour avoir parlé français, c'est ma langue maternelle, pourquoi devrais-je m'excuser pour cela. Je me fâche tellement contre elle, puis elle m'embrasse et je fonds. Cet amour peut être une douleur dans le dos." She told her close friend. [Maybe, maybe not, I do not care just so long as we are together, I love her madly you know and she infuriates me all the time. Like today she got me to apologise to a solicitor just for speaking French, it is my mother tongue, why should I apologise for that. I get so mad at her and then she kisses me and I melt. This love can be a pain in the backside.]

Evie told her "Parlez-moi de ça, attendez de travailler pour votre femme, cela devient plus difficile croyez-moi." [Tell me about it, wait till you work for your wife, it gets harder believe me.]

Erica put her head around the corner and told them to stop their chatter and join them in a dining booth, there a bottle of Champagne Vieille France Limited Edition was opened by Erica celebrating the purchase of the new City of Churches OWLS Club.

Arking
Arking
352 Followers