Colton Stories - Gus and Adi Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Save some for tonight," he said as he turned to take the washcloth back to the bathroom. As he approached the bed, he pulled on his boxer briefs, and Adi made a pouty face at him. Gus tossed her the discarded Twins t-shirt.

"Please put this on," he asked kindly. "We have some adulting to do, and if you're topless that would be impossible."

She sat up with an undeniable look of curiosity on her face, and slipped the t-shirt over her luscious frame. Gus slid in next to her, and she laid her head on her chest as he stroked her hair. Adi looked into his blue eyes and smiled madly.

"Marry me," said Gus suddenly.

She responded with a smile, "Absolutely." She scooted up and kissed him softly. "A thousand times yes, Odin-son."

"You have no idea how happy you make me," he smiled.

"Right back at you," she giggled. "Is this adulting we needed to do?"

"No ma'am," he replied. "I love you, but I know next to nothing about you."

She nodded, "I feel like I know lots about you," Adi confessed. "Eowyn and Jacob have told me plenty about my man."

"Have you ever seen the movie Four Christmases?"

Adi nodded.

"Do you remember the scene where they're at his brother's house, and the couples are playing some kind of game where they have to answer questions about one another?"

She nodded again. "I do, it's hilarious."

"So, between now and Christmas, I want to get to know you," he said. "Like I told you last night, I want to do this right."

"Why do I get the feeling there's a 'but' coming?" she queried.

He grinned. "There's no 'but.' We're young, and we know where we're headed. Let's enjoy the journey. I want to know the woman I love, and I want you to know me - warts and all."

She kissed him softly. "I want that too."

"Good. I'm afraid that if we're not intentional about stuff like that, we'll just end up in bed all the time, and we'll miss a great opportunity. And lady, not having you naked somewhere will be a tall task for me," he admitted.

She smiled, and laid her head back down on her chest. Gus felt her sigh, and he kissed her head. Both were content with the silence for a time, until Gus felt tears on his chest. He put his hand under her chin and lifted her face to his. He kissed her cheeks softly, and wiped her tears.

"I hope those are happy tears," he asked quietly.

She nodded. "Bub, you make me so happy. I'm really glad and freaking out - at the same time."

"So, we talk about it," he said kindly. "Gus-Gus and Tall Girl figure this out - together. We'll do the work."

She kissed him passionately. "I love you," she said when the kiss was over.

"I love you, too," he smiled back.

Gus began gently caressing her breasts, and Adi leaned in for another kiss, and possibly another round of love making when Adi's phone went off. She rolled over to see that her older sister was Face Timing her from Rome. She giggled, and motioned for Gus to sit up. He did so, and Adi accepted the call.

"Alright little sister, I just got off the phone with Mom and Daddy. You have about two seconds to introduce me to your Viking Aquaman Baywatch boyfriend," began Olivia.

"Hi Liv," she said innocently. "And what if he's not available?"

"Bullshit," Liv announced. "And when did you become a Twins fan?" she asked grinning. "I'll tell you what: I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

Adriana shrieked, and just about dropped her phone as she leapt out of bed. "Liv! Seriously?! Why didn't you tell me?"

"He's been a little busy. His work schedule has been pretty slammed, but he's got some free time for the next couple of months," said a smiling Olivia. "Here he is."

She moved the screen to show a smiling Seamus O'Connor sitting on the couch next to her.

"Hello Seamus," beamed Adi.

"Hello Adi," he smiled back. "How's Colton? By the way, I hear most of my former teammates are hanging out there now."

"No freaking way," muttered Gus. "Your sister's dating one of the Greats?"

"And who would that mystery voice belong to?" asked Olivia. "Come on, Adi. I showed you mine."

"Let me get him. Give me just a second." She motioned for Gus to put a shirt on. She had to point to where his shirts were currently located, given that she and Eowyn had unpacked and settled his room for him. Once he was suitably attired, Gus popped into the frame.

He smiled amiably and said 'Hello."

Raised eyebrows from Olivia, and torrents of excited Portuguese met Gus's appearance.

"Would the Glass sisters like a moment alone?" asked a bemused Seamus.

"We would," announced Olivia, "but before we do - Gus, momma told me how you saved Marty today. I guess you've already figured out that our families are pretty close, so let me add my thank you to the bunch I'm sure you've already received," she said quietly.

"I want to echo that," chimed in Seamus. "Marty is one special dude. There's a boatload of Groton alums who owe you, man. I'm sure coach was beside himself."

"Thank you," said Gus sincerely. "And Seamus, congrats on winning the Stanley Cup. For you guys to bring home the first cup since 1967 is a huge thing for Toronto."

Seamus smiled, and nodded at his girlfriend's sister's boyfriend. "Well, my day with the Cup will include some time at Colton. I've gotta let Coach Moses and Drew see it. Plus, with Jake and Dre there for the summer, I can't pass on rubbing their noses in it just a little," he laughed.

"Olivia, it was very nice to virtually meet you, and you too, Seamus. As a Minnesota kid, I'm geeking out at the thought of seeing Lord Stanley's Cup in person," said Gus personably.

"Wait. You're from Minnesota?" mocked Olivia with her hand beside her face in faux shock. "Could that be why my little sister is wearing a Twins t-shirt? Hmm," she asked before she broke into laughter.

At 5:45, Adi and Gus exited Simpson Hall to make the walk across campus to the Moses home. They were greeted often, and looks of surprise, approval, and disappointment met them as they made their way - hand in hand - across the picturesque campus.

"Cat got your tongue?" asked a smiling Adi. She knew from both her brother and her best friend that if Gus was quiet, it was because he was thinking about something.

"I've got three things I want to run past you," he smiled in return.

"Well, let's have them. I may have three things as well," she smirked.

"First, I'd like you to stay the night this evening - and before you say yes or no - please know it's not about sex. I slept really well last night, and I love just being with you. Waking up with you is the best thing ever - so this is not just some sort of horndog indecent proposal."

She turned to him and gave him a beautiful smile. "And what if I want there to be more love making?"

"I'm your huckleberry," he grinned back. "I just don't want you thinking it's just about the fact that you blew my mind on your maiden voyage this afternoon."

She giggled, and kissed his hand.

"Second, and this may seem strange given the first question: would you go to Mass with me tomorrow morning?" he asked with some air of hesitation.

She smiled again, and nodded enthusiastically. "I'd love to. This way, I can go ahead and confess all the wicked things I want you to do to me." She paused, and then began to laugh.

"What's the third thing?" she asked when she'd recovered enough to do so.

"I want you to know that our love making is not about having sex," he said softly.

She stopped, and turned to look at him. The confusion showed on her face.

"I didn't say that very well," he admitted. "Look, I went the better part of a year without any sex. I didn't even kiss a girl for roughly 11 months. I was with Gianna the day before we left to go to college, and then nothing until last night with you. This is not about me being a horny dude."

She nodded, but remained silent.

"What it is about is you. Well, you and I to be precise. I love you. I want to be with you. Making love to you is about that. I'm not pursuing sex for the sake of sex - I'm pursuing the most amazing and beautiful woman I've ever known. Making love is a part of the way we're choosing to pursue our life together," he said with a growing sense of confidence. The words he'd been searching for had come to him, after all. "Does that make more sense?"

She nodded and smiled. Gus kissed her softly.

"Do you know what my mom told my sister?" she whispered to him.

Gus looked at her apprehensively. "Why do I get the feeling there's going to be a horsehead in my bed soon when your father hears this?"

"I have no idea what that means," Adi admitted.

"It's from The Godfather," he paused. "I seem to be having several such moments now that you're in my life."

She giggled. "OK, you are a real guy, and not some figment of my imagination," she said dryly.

"It's my turn to be confused," he smiled.

"Daddy and Jacob are always referring to that movie. It's a total guy thing to do. You've been so dreamy up to this point that I've had to wonder if you're real," she grinned. "Now I know you're a guy, and not some alien sent to earth to pleasure me sexually."

"Well, Rochester in the winter does feel like the planet Hoth," he quipped.

She laughed. "And another guy reference . . . No, my mom told Liv that she's pretty sure I'd marry you next weekend if they'd allow it."

"We're totally busted, aren't we?" he laughed in return.

"And not for nothing, but I would absolutely marry you next weekend," she said softly.

He nodded, and took both her hands. "I don't deserve you - yet. I really like your parents. I respect your dad. There are answers to questions that I know he'll ask me that I don't have good answers to - yet. I want your dad to respect the man who's going to marry you; not think the kid dating his daughter has potential. And let me tell you right now - when young men come calling to ask for one of our three beautiful daughter's hands in marriage - I'll be asking the same damn questions."

She kissed him and giggled. "OK, but it's my turn for two things: first, my dad does respect you. Odin-son, when you came out of the ocean, 'half drowned, and looking damn fine' as my Aunt Jen said, you looked at me. Everybody on that boat saw it, and they're not idiots. My dad loves what you did. He's so proud of you - and so proud of me by extension - he can hardly see straight."

Gus smiled. "Thank you. But I still can't answer the questions I'd want answers to if it were my daughter."

"That's just it. My dad and mom trust you. They've seen the kind of man you are - not just the kind of potential you have. You had them eating out of the palm of your hand at breakfast, and now they'll practically beg you to marry me," she said with fire and conviction.

"What's your favorite color?" he asked abruptly. "What's your major?" Gus paused. "I'm not asking you because I'm trying to be a smart ass - I honestly don't know. Adi, I want a life with you. If you will have me, I'll marry you. But there's stuff we need to handle before that happens. I want what my grandparents and my parents have. I want us to kick ass when we play Taboo with your family. I want what your parents have. I want to do this right because more than anything, I want you. But right now, I don't deserve you," he admitted.

"I love you," she said softly, and then the expression on her face changed, and she punched him in the arm again, "But God you're such an idiot! I want all that, too. You act like you have to be a finished product, but you don't. That's part of what marriage does - you dumbass! We'll figure it out together. My dad says all the time he has no idea the kind of man he'd have become without my mom. That's the whole freaking point!"

He smiled at her fire. "I love you too. And we will figure this out. But please, meet me halfway on this?"

His smile de-escalated her ire instantly. "OK. But we are getting married. And when Grandpa Ralph tells you to think about law school, you will listen to him. We clear, Bub?"

"Crystal clear, Miss Prince," he kissed her nose. "You know, it's almost worth having you mad at me to see your lovely eyes."

"What does that mean?" she asked testily. Her man doubted himself, and that was a non-starter for her.

"Well," he grinned. "When you're mad, or when you orgasm, there's some green in your eyes that comes out. It's unspeakably lovely."

"So just make me orgasm more," she said softly as she returned his grin.

"Stop closing your eyes when you orgasm," he shot back, speaking softly as well.

"Stop blowing my mind," she giggled.

"Not a chance in hell, lady. Besides, I'm pretty sure it's a death sentence on Themyscira to bed a beautiful Amazon and not bring her to climax," he smiled.

Adi laughed, "You're such a dork."

Gus nodded.

"But you're my dork, and I love you more than I could have ever imagined. I'll cut the heifer who tries to make a move on my Viking Aqua-Dork."

______________________________________________________________

A very excited Marty and Padme met the couple at the door of the Moses home. Marty hugged them both vigorously, and Padme gave sloppy kisses to Gus when he knelt down to pet her. Adi and Gus both fussed over Marty's bandaged chin, and he told them about the six stitches he'd received from Dr. Adams.

"Jen-Jen! Gus and Adi are here," he announced proudly. He grabbed Gus's hand and led him to the kitchen. Jen Land looked quite at ease, and very much in her element. She smiled at Gus and Adi, and gave Adi a hug and a motherly kiss on the cheek. She did the same for Gus, and nodded when she saw that Gus had not protested at the fact that Marty had not let go of his hand. 'Thank you' she mouthed to Gus. He smiled and nodded in return.

"John is out back on the grill. Brats are Marty's favorite, so that's what's on the menu," she said apologetically.

"Awesome!" proclaimed Gus enthusiastically. "I love brats, but I am kind of a diva when it comes to how they're prepared," he admitted with an embarrassed tone.

"Boy, you cannot be this high maintenance," said Adi with a smile.

"When you've had a brat boiled in beer and then grilled, it will change your life," he responded with an air of mock superiority.

"Well then, you're in luck Mr. Brat Diva," joked Jen. "You had me worried. I'm fairly confident Adi's life has been changed plenty in the past 24 hours," she said coyly. "Marty, please feed Padme and let Gus go outside to your dad. You may join them when your dog is cared for, OK?"

Marty smiled and nodded, and joyfully went to work. Gus accepted a kiss on the cheek from Adi, and laughed when she smacked him on the behind as he left the room.

When they were certain they would not be overheard, Jen carefully broached the topic only a trusted aunt would dare approach.

"So, someone looks like they had a wonderful afternoon," she smiled at Adi.

Adriana blushed. "Oh man, is it that obvious, Aunt Jen?" she smiled. "But it was wonderful; he's wonderful," she gushed.

"Only to another woman," she smiled. "You might want to avoid your mother tonight. But I'm afraid you can't avoid Annika McLeod. Johnny called them to thank them for raising such an amazing son, and to tell them what happened this morning. They're due to pull in about 8 tonight. They're going to park their RV in our driveway, I'm afraid. Your Uncle John rather insisted on that."

"Does Gus know this?" she asked, suddenly terrified at the thought of meeting Gus's parents. "Should I run back and change?"

Adi was wearing yoga pants and one of Gus's sweatshirts. She had rather begrudgingly given up Gus's crew sweatshirt, but did so only when he handed her his Lourdes Soccer sweatshirt. She was still wearing her glasses, and her hair was pulled back into a ponytail.

"He doesn't; and no, you don't. You look lovely," assured Jen. "Besides, I don't think the McLeod's are much on formality. When they see how Gus looks at you, they'll be onboard. Trust me on that front."

Adi nodded and smiled. She could not hide her happiness, nor her nervousness.

"Sweetie, relax! They will love you; you have nothing to worry about," said Jen again reassuringly.

"I know Aunt Jen," Adi paused and then whispered, "But what if they don't? What if I'm not good enough for their son?"

Jen moved to her almost niece and hugged her tightly. "It will be fine either way. If they don't think you're good enough, then they're going to miss out on the life of their son and daughter-in-law. I don't think Gustav will be dissuaded from you for anything," she said soothingly.

"Thank you, Aunt Jen. I just - I mean, he's just so," Adi struggled for the words.

"He's a dreamboat and you love him. For the first time in your life, you love a man and he loves you back. It's wonderful and overwhelming and peaceful and terrifying all at the same time. Remember what your Uncle John told you both last night? There are people here who are committed to seeing relationships like yours succeed. It will be just fine."

_________________________________________________________

On the back patio, the conversation was much more subdued, but no less significant.

"Gus! You look a far sight better than you did this morning," smiled John Moses. "How are you feeling?"

"Much better, Dr. Moses. Thank you. I was afraid I'd scare off the Glass clan by how much I ate at lunch, but after some food and a 3-hour nap, I feel much better," he returned the smile.

"Good. Gus, thank you again. I know Jen was able to articulate some things I couldn't, but there is no way I can repay you - and I mean that."

"Actually, I think you can," Gus grinned.

"Well then, you have my full attention," said John attentively.

"OK, I'm gonna put all my cards on the table. I love Adriana. I know I'm just a dumb kid, and it's only been like 24 hours, but I had a serious girlfriend in high school," he paused.

"May I interject here just for clarity's sake?" asked John.

Gus nodded.

"Everybody on that boat this morning could tell the two of you are head over heels - especially Jack and Julianna Glass. The cat's out of the bag, I'm afraid. Second, the girlfriend in question is the notorious Gianna?"

Gus nodded again.

"I thought I loved her. We had an agreement when we went to college on opposite coasts: we weren't going to try to date long distance - but we would tell the other person if we found someone else. She broke the deal; she met an Argentinian dude and was sleeping with him like two weeks into the fall semester. I found out through her best friend. When she came to tell me all this Thursday night, she lied to me. She told me this was a new thing, and they'd started hanging out just before Christmas break. That was why she ghosted me the entire break. Ten months after the fact and she still won't tell me the truth."

"I have to say for a guy who's been treated horribly, you sound remarkably calm," observed John.

"I spent all spring semester getting over her," admitted Gus. "That's when Jacob and I really got to know one another. We'd go lift together, and we talked. That's also when I began hearing about his younger sister," he grinned.

"So how do you think I can help you?"

"She's amazing, and her family is amazing. I can't just go to Jack Glass with my hat in my hand and ask him to give me his permission to marry his youngest daughter. I need a plan, and I need to get my shit together before I'd even dream of doing that - and I want to do that so bad I can't see straight," Gus explained passionately.

"Let me stop you right there," said John forcefully. "You're selling yourself short - by a damn mile. Gus, you have your shit together. You proved that today. Whether you know it or not, you won the unflagging respect of three of the best men I know today. You can put that out of your mind. Now, as to a plan? That's the easy part."

1...345678