Come Together Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Even though she was now sixteen, Emily was still completely my little girl, as much as Charlotte had always been. Most evenings I arrived home, Emily was the first to greet me, always wanting a long hug from her father, sitting down on the couch immediately so she could snuggle into me, and talking about her day. She might be awkward sometimes with others in the household, but with her father, she was still that precocious little girl at heart she'd always been.

Sometimes at night, I recognised when Caroline and Charlotte gave my youngest time with her father. Occasionally we'd just sit together while she was doing her homework, Crystal sitting on my other side. Crystal would occasionally let slip her own feelings about me as more than once she'd called me 'Dad'. The first time she did, I hugged her and told her that I loved her and if she wanted to call me that title, I wouldn't object. It wasn't a name she called me constantly, but I worked to make her feel as special as my own children, and she started calling me 'Dad' far more often as time progressed.

As for her own father, neither she nor Natalie had seen him in years. Caroline had no idea where he was though. If we ever married, both her daughters would be too old to legally adopt, though I had looked into adult adoptions, and if they were both interested in legally having me as their father, I wouldn't hesitate to do it for them.

It was a Friday night when I was sitting alone that I learned the truth first. Caroline and Charlotte were out together for the evening, as they liked to go out for a drink and a dance. Amusingly, they would head into the city and towards certain bars catering to same-sex couples, so they were not bothered by men all night. Nathan, Alyssa and Natalie would happily head out together all the time.

I didn't mind a night to myself. Sometimes I'd catch up with friends, but honestly, it was nice just having the place to myself. Still thought that way even if Emily and Crystal or just one of them was home as they would usually never bother me too much. That evening, Crystal was out with some friends from her old school, leaving Emily by herself with her father.

"Daddy," she said softly, turning to see her fidgeting in the doorway. I muted the game I was watching as I looked at her, "Daddy, can we talk?"

"Of course, Munchkin. Come here."

Opening my arms, she giggled before skipping across the room and leaping onto my lap. Even at sixteen, she was a tiny little thing compared to the other women of the family. Holding her tight, she sighed happily. I knew she loved these nights when she had her father to herself. I loved them too as she was my youngest, the apple of my eye. Part of me wished she would never grow up.

"What do you need to talk about?"

"Um... So, Daddy, you know at school how we have sex education classes, and they explain nearly everything nowadays, including gender and sexual orientation and all that..."

"I'm aware. It was sort of similar when I was at school though things have definitely changed over the years."

"Well, um... It's left me thinking about... Um..."

"Take your time, Munchkin," I said softly, cuddling her a little tighter, feeling her relax against me. She met my eyes and I saw the unconditional love of a daughter for her father. "Nothing you tell me will make me angry or upset. Okay?"

"Okay, Daddy," she whispered, snuggling against me even more.

"Love you, Munchkin. I love it when we get this time together."

"So do I, Daddy. I love you too."

Every single time my little girl told me she loved me, I had to blink rapidly. I loved all my children, but I'd always been so close to Emily. Christine had shown absolutely no interest in her when she was growing up, and after learning what happened, the guilt was overwhelming. She'd had some therapy after I'd kicked Christine out of the house, but she proved her resilience as she was soon that same little girl growing up. It was a major reason why I'd never forgiven Christine. Treating me badly is one thing, but to treat your own flesh and blood in such a manner?

"Daddy, I think I like girls," she finally said softly, "Or, at least, I like girls more than I like boys."

"Have you got a girlfriend?"

"No," she replied softly, "Well, maybe... Um... Crystal and I... We kind of date each other sometimes. Like when we go out, we'll hold hands and cuddle, and we have kissed a lot. Is it wrong because she's my cousin?"

"Not at all. Do you love your cousin?"

"Of course."

"No, I mean do you have stronger feelings than that?"

"I'm not sure. We have talked about it. We keep the fact we're cousins to ourselves ever since she started at my school, so that means we can act like girlfriends, and no-one says anything. Girls being together is far more accepted than boys at school."

"Any interest in boys?" She snorted and that just made me laugh to begin with. "Guess that answers my question."

"Boys my age are idiots, Daddy."

"Emily, the best advice I can give is for you to love who you love."

She giggled, leaning up to kiss my cheek. "Well, I love you most of all, Daddy," she said softly, and I could only hug her tighter for that, "I want to live with you forever and ever."

"You are a most unusual teenager, Munchkin. But I love you just as much."

She eventually spent all night with me, happy to cuddle as I finished watching the game before I agreed to watch a movie with her. We were lying together on the couch, Emily fast asleep as she snuggled into me when Caroline and Charlotte walked in the door to find me half-asleep. When I woke up enough to see them, both looked ready to start crying.

"So utterly adorable," Caroline whispered, leaning over to kiss Emily's cheek, "You'd better carry her to bed."

Placing her into bed a couple of minutes later, she woke up enough to want a hug and a kiss. Whispering her love for me again, I could only hug her that little bit tighter. "Stop getting older," I whispered, earning a giggle, "You'll always be my little girl in my heart, Emily."

"Goodnight, Daddy," she yawned, "See you in the morning."

Charlotte was waiting for me in the hallway as I pulled the door shut. She moulded herself into my body as I cuddled her. "You have two daughters who absolutely love their daddy," she said softly. Heading towards our bedroom, Caroline was already in bed and dozing away. Joining her in bed, Charlotte added, "You realise we all head out so you get time with her?"

"I'm not blind, Lottie. But thank you. I know how much Emily appreciates it too."

"She's always been D.L.G, Daddy. Daddy's Little Girl. She's always been that to you. But we all absolutely love our little sister, Daddy. She's the heart and soul of this house sometimes."

Cuddling Charlotte to me, I whispered. "I'm glad you think the same, sweetheart. Now it's your turn for some daddy snuggles though."

"The best sort of snuggles," Charlotte whispered back.

Despite the fact our house felt crowded at times, it was peaceful most of the time. Caroline and I rarely had an argument. We had disagreements, but there was never yelling or shouting, the slamming of doors and all that other nonsense. Agreeing all the time would have been boring. We could both be hard-headed at times, but one thing we never did was go to bed angry.

Charlotte was just happy all the time. She was never jealous of the relationship I had with Caroline, and she was very much part of the relationship. Caroline absolutely loved my daughter in return, and there was never a hint of jealousy from Caroline. As for Charlotte, she admitted to feeling the occasional twinge, something Caroline expected and accepted.

I didn't talk to Nathan or Alyssa about their relationship too often as it was none of my business. But there was no missing my twin children were head over heels in love with each other. Though still careful when in the presence of Emily and Crystal, when they had a chance to express their love, they were not shy in their affection. Add Natalie to that partnership, and I knew my son was aware of how lucky he was. I could see how utterly in love Natalie was with my son. I wasn't exactly sure if she had that same level of feelings for Alyssa, and I assumed there was jealousy at times from both, but I rarely heard any arguments between the three.

It only felt crowded on the occasional weekend when my children had friends over. Whenever Caroline and I entertained, it was no more than two or three other couples. Any friends I otherwise had; I'd just meet at a pub for a few beers. Might have hosted the occasional barbecue, but I found I didn't host too often as they were all aware of my living arrangements.

So life was great in the Jenkins household. Caroline was happy with our relationship. Charlotte was devoted to her father. My son was in love with his twin sister and cousin. And my little girl was continuing to grow up alongside her cousin, who now saw me as her father figure and loved living in a house with people who loved her completely.

The only outliers to the relationships in our household were with my other sister-in-law and mother-in-law. I didn't bother with the whole 'ex' as I was in a committed relationship with Caroline and had even discussed with Charlotte the idea of proposing to her. The idea had ever so excited her though I had to temper that excitement by stating it was only an idea, and that I wasn't sure Caroline even wanted to marry me. Everyone knew she was Christine's sister, and we had been honest about everything that led to us getting together. Thankfully, nearly everyone understood and accepted our relationship, even if they did have a few questions.

Charlotte didn't sleep with us every night as occasionally she had a long night of studying and wanted a night alone. It gave Caroline and I time alone. We'd normally make love and then enjoy some pillow talk, whether discussing serious topics on our minds, or we'd laugh and joke around.

"Mark, I need to suggest something."

"Shoot."

"You need to take my mother out on a date and spend the night with her."

"Has she asked about it?"

"No, it's something Jessica and I have been discussing. Would you be willing to do that?"

"What does your mother think?"

"We haven't discussed it with her yet. I wanted to gauge your interest first."

"I'd be delighted, sweetheart. Just tell me when. What about your sister?"

"Jessica? She hasn't really mentioned anything. Would you take her out on a date too?"

"I'm aware of her feelings for me, Caroline. I'm committed to you and Charlotte, but I'm aware you're both open-minded when it comes to Jessica."

"I'm her little sister, and I love her so much, I just want her to be as happy as I am now," she said softly, her fingers caressing my chest. Kissing her forehead, she cuddled into me even tighter. "Do you ever worry about all this?"

"Of course. I'm in a relationship with my daughter that could blow up in our faces should it be discovered," I replied, "Our relationship could have caused all manner of issues, thankfully everyone's accepted it as they can see how much I love you."

"As much as I love you, Mark," she replied, kissing my cheek, "I've always wondered if I should feel any guilt about the fact that I'm here now instead of her."

"God no. After everything she did, you have no reason to feel any guilt whatsoever. Honestly, Caroline, the only thing I wish you'd done was give me all the information far earlier."

"I know, but I wanted it ironclad. I only felt bad about the fact you were completely unaware for so long, but even Mum and Jessica supported what I was doing. They love you like a son and brother, and hated what Christine was doing to you. It's why Mum never had a problem when we started sleeping together. She knew how much I loved you, but more than that, you needed my love to get you through those times."

"And now you're happy sharing me with your mother and sister..."

"We've never agreed to be monogamous when it comes to family. I love the relationship we share with your daughter. God, seeing you two make love sometimes, even I feel like I should step aside and leave you together."

I pulled her closer, kissing her forehead. "Not happening," I whispered.

"I know, but that's how I sometimes feel. As for Jessica, we've had some fun together, and she isn't after anything serious. You know she's focused on her career and loves the relationship she still shares with Mum. And regarding Mum, as I said, she's always loved you like one of her own, and I just want her to be happy. And when she was intimate with you, I haven't seen her looking like that in a long time."

"Okay, honey. Have a chat with your mother and we can organise something together. I'll give her a call when you've organised it, and I'll ask her out."

"She'll be giddy like a teenage girl being asked out by the boy she's crushing on."

I didn't hear anything from Caroline for a couple of weeks, but I had that feeling she would have talked to her mother immediately about the idea. Figuring I might as well just make the call, I arrived home from work one evening, Emily cuddling me as soon as I walked in the door as always, and after greeting everyone else, I walked outside and made the call.

"Evening, Mark."

"Hello, Mary. How are you?"

"Same old, same old. I'm looking forward to the day I can retire. Not for a while yet though."

"I'm thinking the same but longer for me."

"I'm glad you called, Mark. I feel we haven't talked in a while."

"Sorry, Mary. It's just life at the moment. Sometimes feels like I barely get time to stop and take a breath."

"I understand, Mark. You've got a busy house there, and though I'd love to visit more often, I don't want to intrude."

"Mary, you are welcome to visit whenever you want. We'd all love to have you over."

"Thank you, Mark. I might take you up on that offer."

"Anyway, there was a purpose for my call, Mary. Would you like to go out this Saturday night?"

There was silence for a few seconds before she whispered, "I'd love to, Mark. You're... You'd really like to take me out on a date?"

"Yes," I replied simply.

"Um... Doing what?"

"I'm thinking dinner and then dancing. Somewhere age-appropriate for both of us, unless you want to shake that fine bottom of yours in a nightclub."

"God, I haven't been taken out on a date like that in well over ten years, Mark. Sign me up! I'd love to go."

"Great. I'll pick you up at 5pm. Well, the taxi I'm in will pick you up. I'll make some reservations for a restaurant in the city and then we'll find a place to relax, unwind then perhaps enjoy a dance."

"You realise I'm going to call Jessica and Caroline now, don't you?"

"I'd expect nothing less, Mary. I'll shoot you a message on Saturday morning to confirm we're still on."

"I'm going to tell all the girls at work tomorrow that a handsome young man is taking me out on Saturday. They're going to be very jealous."

"Would they know that I'm your son-in-law?"

"They'll probably think it's still a wonderful thing, Mark. My god, I'm already feeling giddy. Thank you, Mark. I'll speak to you soon."

"Night, Mary."

Mary must have called Caroline immediately, as I was sitting on a chair outside when she wandered out and immediately sat on my lap, giving me one hell of a kiss. She didn't have to say a word otherwise as she cuddled into me.

I'll admit I was actually a little excited about taking Mary out for dinner. I'd known her for nearly twenty years by now and our relationship has always been solid. I'd given her four wonderful grandchildren, in addition to Caroline's two that she doted on something fierce, and she had never laid an ounce of blame on me for my failed marriage to her other daughter. I was more than aware of the heartache she'd suffered with her ex-husband, not surprised it had left far too many scars on her soul for her to find happiness with another man. When Caroline confessed to the relationship she and Jessica had with her mother, I wasn't terribly surprised.

Charlotte was also happy about the fact I was taking Mary out for the evening. Asking where I'd likely end the night, I figured going to her place would probably be for the best. "No, bring her home, Daddy," she told me, "Caroline can sleep in my room."

"Got plans for me, Lottie?" Caroline asked my daughter.

"I'm thinking a night of pussy and sex toys, Auntie. Maybe you can tie me up and be very naughty with your niece?"

"Still exploring and experimenting?" I asked.

"I'm still waiting for you to give in and give me the really rough sex I want from you, Daddy." She cuddled into me, kissing my cheek. "And you know my arse is yours first too."

"You'd better hurry up with that, Mark, as we've picked out a toy that she wants me to wear when I fuck her arse," Caroline added, "But you get her virginity back there."

Well, that was something to think about. I knew my daughter was open-minded in regard to wanting to try absolutely anything with me and trust me on this, she was online and researching things constantly. She wanted to do all of it while she was still young, admitting that after she'd had a couple of children, her focus would be on keeping me and our children happy, and though we'd still have sex, she was aware it would be a little different.

Waking up early on Saturday morning, I was outside after some coffee and toast as I wanted to mow the lawns and tidy up the place. Emily was now in her final two years at high school and being inundated with schoolwork. I'd normally find her studying on a Saturday when she wasn't at her part-time job, happy to sit at the kitchen table sometimes, though more often than not, she was at her desk in her bedroom. Whenever I found her in the kitchen, I'd sit with her just to keep her company, always available to help if I could.

After showering later that afternoon, I got dressed, applied some cologne, and made sure I was neat and tidy before checking myself out in the mirror. I thought I looked good but left proper judgement to others, walking out into the living room where Caroline, Charlotte and Jessica were waiting for me.

"Wow!" Charlotte exclaimed, "You look hot, Daddy! Want to fuck me before you go?"

Caroline and Jessica both burst into laughter. "I don't think we need to say anything," Caroline stated, "But you look very handsome, Mark. Mum's going to love the effort."

"She deserves it," I suggested, "I just hope she enjoys herself tonight."

The taxi arrived a few minutes later, and I found myself escorted to the door by the three of them. Receiving a kiss on the cheek from each, they told me to have fun but to look after Mary for them. "And when you bring her home, make love to her," Jessica added, "I mean really show her how much she means to you, Mark."

"I will, Jess. Don't worry."

"Good. Mum deserves all the love we can give her. She's a strong woman, but that bastard left so many scars. We're healing them, one by one, and you'll really help tonight."

The taxi pulled up outside Mary's house, walking up the path to the front door. Pushing the doorbell, I heard her call out before she opened the door and I admit I sucked in a deep breath. Her red hair was more vibrant than ever. She'd added light make-up to her face. Like many women her age, she'd had a skin care routine in the hope of avoiding too many wrinkles, and to be honest, apart from some crow's feet, her face didn't exactly show her age.

But it was the dress that made me smile. It was modest for a woman of her age, but the dark blue material clung to her womanly curves, and the neckline was perhaps lower than she'd normally wear, giving a hint of some marvellous cleavage, and her shoulders were bare. She almost chewed her bottom lip as I looked her up and down in silence.