Comforting the Brothers Pt. 06

Story Info
MTF Firefighter faces her past and life after tragedy.
9.5k words
4.79
2.1k
5

Part 6 of the 8 part series

Updated 09/17/2023
Created 12/11/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Comforting the Brothers- Part Six

Lana continues to move on from the tragedy that almost ruined her life, with the support of counseling, family, friends, and the special man in her life. There will be a part seven and part eight, the final part, to follow.

I was racing to the deli to meet Christine for lunch. It had been a busy morning so far. I had gotten off work and went straight to the gym. After that I ran home, showered, changed and rushed off to lunch.

I pulled into the parking lot and saw Christine's car. She got out while I parked, and we met on the sidewalk and gave each other a hug.

"You look cute. I like that skirt." Christine said commenting on my denim skirt.

"Thanks, it is new." I asked.

We walked in and went to the counter to order our sandwiches and drinks then found a table to sit and eat at.

"How are things with Adam going? Is it getting serious?" I asked her.

"They are going great..." She said with a funny look.

"Great... but?" I asked.

"I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop or something. It feels like it is too good and if I open my heart too much something bad will happen." She said with some sadness. "I have lived that before unfortunately."

"Do you... well have you considered talking to someone about those feelings... like a counselor or therapist. I don't want to sound like a converted health nut or new vegetarian or whatever, but it has been amazing for me." I told her.

"Yes... just can't seem to make the first step." She gave a sly grin.

"I totally understand that. I had a hard time doing that myself. Mark kind of pushed me to and when I first walked through the doors, what, three months ago I was scared to death. At my last session she told me we could go down to meeting once a month." I explained.

"And you feel like it has helped... for real?" Christine asked.

"Definitely. It isn't... there wasn't like a lightbulb that went off or some eureka moment or anything. I just became more comfortable with things that had happened in my life." I smiled at her.

We both took bites out of our sandwich. When I was done chewing, I continued.

"I also had great support outside of it also, Sally and I reconnecting, my relationship with my mom improving, you coming back into my life. Mark's support and encouragement." I explained.

"I am happy for you... And I am glad we can be friends again." She smiled at me.

"And all it took was for me to stop being a slut." I laughed.

"Jesus Lana." She almost snarfed her iced tea.

"Sorry... still using humor as a coping mechanism but I am definitely not spending as much time on my knees or my knees and elbows. Well... that might not be true. I am still having sex regularly... it just isn't with a bunch of different guys."

"Okay... getting close to TMI." Christine grinned and gave me a quick wink.

"I forgot you are the sweet little innocent church girl." I giggled.

"Oh... far from sweet and innocent or at least Adam thinks so. The problem is when you talk about sex, I end up also picturing my brother and you doing it. Barf." She laughed.

"Okay... that is fair. Ready to get our nails done?" I asked, picking up my tray and taking it over the trash can and setting it on top.

Christine had nodded and did the same thing. We left the deli and walked five shops down to the nail salon. After checking in we each picked out our polish. She got a light pink, and I went with a dark mint color.

"I don't know if I have ever seen you with that color, normally you go with a pink or red." Christine said as I showed her what I had picked.

"Yea... honestly... not sure I am going to like it, but I got a new dress for tonight and I wanted it to match." I told her.

"A new dress, getting your nails done, must want to be sure you are going to look good." She smiled as we took our seats.

"Yes... honestly... a few butterflies, a little excited, and a lot of nervous anticipation. I don't want to add being worried about how I look to that." I told her as my feet slid into the warm water.

"Sally and Jimmy are going also, right?" She asked.

I told her yes and our conversation slowed as we enjoyed the pedicures, especially the massaging of our feet and calves. The nail technician put the foam toe dividers on our feet, and we moved to the table for our pedicures.

The girl who had been doing my nails for almost the last two years was surprised at my color choice also. When I told her she could add a little length to my acrylic extensions she smiled. After I got off work this morning, I was going to be off for thirteen days so the risk of breaking them was less.

When Christine and I were done we admired and complemented each other on our nails, shared a hug and then headed out. She had some errands to run, and I wanted to get home and start getting ready for the evening.

Right after I walked into my condo my phone chirped and I pulled it out of my purse. I opened it to find a text from Sally.

'What time are you all picking us up? I forgot. Is it five thirty?' She had sent.

I responded five thirty, telling her that would get us to the event right at six, which is what time it started. We didn't want to be early but fashionably late for this would be rude.

I pulled my dress out of the closet. It was a mint body con lace sheath dress. It had cap sleeves and a round neck, the hem fell about mid-thigh. I loved the way it fit my hips and ass and was tight enough in the chest area that I didn't need to show cleavage to draw a little attention to my boobs.

My therapist had been spending time talking about my insecurities of being seen as a girl and I was doing better with that. It still hadn't changed the fact that I wanted my curves and legs to be noticeable though.

I pulled out a lace mint bra and matching thong and some sheer pantyhose. Sally and Christine kept telling me that I didn't always need to wear hosiery with my dresses, but I liked how it made my legs look.

I chose nude platform pumps with a four-inch heel for my shoes. This dress was similar to my coral pink lace dress, and they went great with that.

I did a prep for the potential for sex later tonight. I was pretty sure it was definitely going to happen, so I wanted to be ready. A long bubble bath followed along with shaving my legs. Finally, I showered and shaved my underarms and washed and conditioned my hair.

My hair was now past my shoulders and the combination of expensive shampoos and conditioners, and my hormones had made it very full. As it had gotten longer and fuller it had taken on a more strawberry blonde color. I loved the compliments I would get on it.

After drying it I used a curling iron to add a lot of body to it before starting on my makeup. I had gotten better at that also and my eyes popped when I was done. The last thing I did was my lips which always made me smile.

Back in the bedroom I put my lingerie on and rolled the pantyhose up my legs before stepping into my dress and zipping it up. I stepped into my shoes and then moved over to my jewelry box.

It still felt weird when I opened it not to see the engagement ring that Mark had given to me sitting up top. I found the necklace and earrings I wanted and put them on. I felt like I needed more jewelry and was still working on what I thought looked best on me.

I smiled because I was very happy with what I saw when looking at myself in my full-length mirror and then moved my stuff from purse into the clutch that matched my shoes.

I heard the knock on my door, and I took a deep breath as my nervousness came back. I felt like I was getting ready to go out on a first date for some reason. I walked through the condo and tried to force the anxiety to go away.

"Wow Lana... you look... just wow. You are gorgeous!" I heard as I opened the door.

"Thank you... you look pretty amazing yourself." I responded and stepped forward and gave Sean a quick kiss.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked sounding a little nervous.

"Yes... do you want a water or anything for the drive?" I asked him.

He told me he was good, so we headed towards his truck. He walked to the passenger side with me and opened my door. He then went around and climbed into the driver's seat.

"I should have asked before we got in the truck. Are you sure you want to do this and are ready for this?" I said a little nervously.

"Yes... definitely. I was sure before I got here but seeing how incredibly beautiful you look this evening; I am even more sure." He leaned over and gave me another quick kiss before heading out of the parking lot.

It was about a month after Mark and I had an honest discussion about our future that Sean had reached out to me. He had heard that we hadn't gotten back together and that I was single. I was surprised when he asked if I wanted to get coffee one morning after our shift had ended.

I was even more surprised that we just had coffee that morning and he made no effort to turn that into a quick hookup for sex. We had followed that up with meeting for lunch twice over the next couple weeks. At that point you couldn't really say that we had been on a date, but we also hadn't hooked up for sex like we had in the past.

I was at work the day after we had lunch for the second time when he texted me. 'Hi Lana. Hope you are having a good shift. Would you be interested in having dinner with me on Saturday night?'

I was surprised at how happy and excited I was when I read it. I was a little giddy even, but I sent back. 'Uh... do you mean like a date???'

I had stared at my screen looking at the little dots of him typing a response for what felt like ten minutes when he finally sent.

'Yes... a date. I am asking you out of a date.'

'I would love to go on a date with you. Send me the details when you have a chance.' I responded back immediately adding a smiling emoji.

That was six weeks ago, and since then we had gone out to dinner numerous times, to the movies, played golf together, and just hung out with each other. We also had some amazing sex during those six weeks.

What made tonight different was that we were going to a fire department function together. While there were people in the department that knew we had hooked up in the past. Except for Sally's boyfriend Jimmy, no one in the department knew we were dating now, at least to my knowledge.

When Sean suggested that we go to Chief O'Hallahan's retirement party together I was shocked. It was a happy shock, but a shock. As soon as we walked in together everyone in the department would know we were a couple.

"Sean... thank you. You know... well I struggle a little sometimes with... well... things. You taking me tonight is..." I felt emotions welling up in me.

"You are going to be the most beautiful woman there tonight and I am proud to be your date." He responded.

We got to Jimmy's house, and he parked on the curb. He came around quickly and opened my door for me. Sally had moved in with Jimmy a month ago. We knocked on the door and he let us in.

"Come on in. Sally is almost ready." He loudly said, putting a strong accent on the word almost.

"Sarcasm is not going to make me ready any quicker." Sally yelled out.

We all exchanged smiles and I walked down the hall to the room that Sally had yelled out of.

"Hey... how are you?" I asked entering the room.

"My fucking hair... it..." Sally stopped when she saw me in the mirror.

"Jesus Lana... you look amazing. I am surprised Fuck Boy didn't bang your brains out as soon as he saw you." She turned to say to me in a hushed tone.

She had nicknamed Sean Fuck Boy when I told her that something was going on with us right when we first started dating. She knew him from when our Dad had died, he helped mom with stuff around the house a lot during that time. He had also hit on her, and she had considered going on out with him then but got warned off because of his reputation.

Her nickname for him- Fuck Boy came from that experience and from Sean's reputation of hooking up with a lot of the girls from the local college. Plus no one could remember him being in long term relationship.

"Thank you. And I hope to get my brains banged out later but right now let me see if I can help with your hair." I smiled at her.

I grabbed a brush, a comb, and her curling iron and ten minutes later she was happy with what she saw. She hopped up from the chair and went and slipped her feet in her shoes.

"Oh... nice shoes." I said about her purple sparkled open toed stilettos.

"Yea... when your sister is always in come fuck me shoes it wears off on you. Plus... I am hoping to get my brains fucked out later tonight also." She smiled and walked over and hugged me.

"Are you nervous about people's reaction to seeing you and Fuck Boy together tonight? Jimmy says he doesn't think it is going to be a big shock to a lot of people." She had again lowered her voice.

Before I could respond she added. "And if you want me to stop calling him Fuck Boy because you two are getting serious just tell me."

"Yes, I am nervous. And no... as long as you don't call him that to his face, although at some point it is going to slip out." I giggled then continued. "Honestly, it is probably good that you do it. Hopefully, it keeps me from... well it keeps me from falling to fast for him."

"Not sure it isn't already too late for that... but if it is any consolation, I think he has fallen pretty quickly for you based on how he looks at you. Okay... let's go." She grabbed her purse off the bed.

Everyone exchanged compliments on their appearances in the family room and then we headed out. Sally smiled at me when Sean opened the passenger door for me. When Jimmy turned around to come back to open her door she said.

"It is okay... we have been dating for a year... I know the romance is gone. I can get the door myself." She laughed and climbed into the back seat.

The truth was Jimmy treated Sally great and she knew it. When he climbed in next to her, she leaned over and kissed him.

"Everyone excited about Monday?" Sally asked.

"Yes. I am." I quickly added.

"Definitely looking forward to the time off." Sean added.

"But not looking forward to Disney World?" Sally replied.

"Honestly, I am not sure. It feels weird to be going as an adult I think." Sean told her.

"I will remind you of that when we are drinking around the world at Epcot on Wednesday." Sally laughed.

I had looked back when the conversation started, and Jimmy and I exchanged a smile. If Sally knew her boyfriend's plans, she would be even more excited about going.

Those plans had started two months ago when Sally found out that her boss wanted her to substitute for another nurse at a nursing convention at Disney World. As part of the package for that, there was an opportunity for discount tickets to spend three days either before the convention or after it visiting the parks.

When she first mentioned it to me, I was excited about the possibility. At first it was me, Sally, and Jimmy going. When things started to heat up with me and Sean, I asked him if wanted to go also. I was surprised at how eager he was to go.

A month ago, Jimmy reached out to me and mentioned the idea of proposing to Sally while we were there. I had been giving him some thoughts and ideas for that and he was planning on doing it while we were there. Sean was aware of the plan also and right now was acting about not being excited to keep Sally in the dark.

"What are you looking forward to the most?" Jimmy asked Sally.

"I think all the rides they have added since the last time Lana and I went... was that almost six years ago?" She asked me.

"Yes... if that is when you graduated high school." I replied.

"How about you Lana? What are you looking forward to the most?" Jimmy asked me.

"I am liking the idea of drinking around the world... and the new rides. Plus... I want to pick out a pair of Minnie Ears and wear them." I told him.

"Really... Minnie Ears... you are excited about that? You never bought any when you went with your parents all those times when you were younger?" Jimmy replied.

"Uh... no... our parents were great, and we were lucky to go so often but... back then my dad wouldn't have been really excited about me wearing a pair of girly Minnie Ears. I used to be so jealous of my mom and Sally." I said with a touch of sadness in my voice.

The truck got quiet for a minute. Sean reached over, put his hand on top of mine and squeezed and when I looked at him, he gave me a smile. I felt my heart melt a little.

"Lana... I am sorry... I wasn't thinking." Jimmy said quietly.

"It is okay... thanks." I turned back to him and smiled.

The parking lot for the Union Hall was full of already parked pickup trucks or trucks looking for a place to park. Sean found a spot in the back, and we got out and started to walk to the front. As we were walking, we saw a few people we knew and waved or said hi.

We headed up the steps, at the entrance Sean took my hand in his and when I looked over at him, he had a huge smile on his face. I was a little worried that after his reaction in the truck, and now his open show of affection, I would be head over heels in love with him by the time the night was over.

We stepped inside and he continued to hold my hand in his. I noticed that a lot of people saw us and, true to what Sally had said earlier, Jimmy was right, there weren't a lot of shocked looks.

I did get a mixture of looks as we walked through the hall looking for a table. Some appreciative of my appearance from both the men and woman. Others not as much. I was glad that Josh was working, and we wouldn't run into him and his wife. We found a table and Sally and sat down while the guys went to get us drinks.

They came back holding a beer in one of their hands and glass of wine in the other. Sally and I took our wine from them and sat down. I looked behind Sean and saw Big Joe and his wife. He stepped over and asked if they could sit with us.

I stood up and hugged him first and then his wife. His wife and I completed each other on our outfits. I leaned in and told his wife how lucky she was and what a wonderful man he was. She thanked me and told me she knew. I was totally at ease now. Sean remained attentive and wasn't embarrassed by me and Big Joe had once again validated me, I was truly happy right now.

Chief O'Hallahan was probably the most respected chief in our department and his retirement would be felt. There were a lengthy number of presentations, gifts, and speakers during our dinner and dessert. I nursed my wine and noticed Sean was taking his role as the driver seriously, drinking mostly water.

When all the speeches and presentation were over both Sally and I were a little fidgety in our chairs. The guys were talking and telling stories to each other and other firefighters at the nearby tables. It was a little weird, but I felt like taking a night off from being a firefighter, tonight I wanted to be a firefighter's girl.

"I am about ready to tell Jimmy it is time to take me home and fuck me? How about you? Are you ready to head out?" Sally said into my ear.

"God yes... Sean has... well let's just say a couple times tonight I would have married him if he had asked me. I want to show my appreciation for how he has made me feel." I laughed.

"I guess that means you are over Mark?" Sally raised an eyebrow.

"Honestly, a small part of my heart will always belong to him, and I still love him but... I am not in love with him." I told her.

"Are you in love with Sean?" She asked quickly.

"I don't know... but... maybe. It is different than Mark... there is both an emotional connection and... a passion that I didn't have with Mark." I said honestly.

"I get it... I think Mark made you feel feminine, accepted, and safe... plus was pretty easy on the eyes which helped. Sounds like Sean makes you feel like a woman...while also respecting you, plus he is hot as fuck." Sally explained.