All Comments on 'Commander Murphy Visits Camp David'

by Grey Eagle 286

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago

I really enjoy Andy and Angie and of course Molly , glad to see they tied the knot, but would have loved to be at the wedding!!! Hopefully we can be there for the birth of the baby. Can't wait for the next chapter in their Love Story.

bornagainbornagainover 16 years ago
Great Work

Grey Eagle i really loved reading about Commander Murphy but you made a typo Sandy didnt you mean Angie there was no Sandy in the story i believe .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
I like the story, but not the sloppy use of words

At the risk of flames from your admirers I'll tell you that I like the story, but not the misuse of words. Rather than make a list, I'll mention one and one that should have been used. (shown in bold below)

<P>

<B>effect</B>:<BR>

<BR>1. Something brought about by a cause or agent; a result.

<BR>2. The power to produce an outcome or achieve a result; influence: The drug had an immediate effect on the pain. The government's action had no effect on the trade imbalance.

<BR>3. A scientific law, hypothesis, or phenomenon: the photovoltaic effect.

<BR>4. Advantage; avail: used her words to great effect in influencing the jury.

<BR>5. The condition of being in full force or execution: a new regulation that goes into effect tomorrow.

<BR>6.a. Something that produces a specific impression or supports a general design or intention: The lighting effects emphasized the harsh atmosphere of the drama.

<BR>6.b. A particular impression: large windows that gave an effect of spaciousness.

<BR>6.c. Production of a desired impression: spent lavishly on dinner just for effect.

<BR>7. The basic or general meaning; import: He said he was greatly worried, or words to that effect.

<BR>8. effects Movable belongings; goods.

<BR>tr.v. ef·fect·ed, ef·fect·ing, ef·fects

<BR>1. To bring into existence.

<BR>2. To produce as a result.

<BR>3. To bring about. See Usage Note at affect1.

<P>

<B>affect</B>:

<BR>tr.v. af·fect·ed, af·fect·ing, af·fects

<BR>1. To have an influence on or effect a change in: Inflation affects the buying power of the dollar.

<BR>2. To act on the emotions of; touch or move.

<BR>3. To attack or infect, as a disease: Rheumatic fever can affect the heart.

<BR>n. (fkt)

<BR>1. Feeling or emotion, especially as manifested by facial expression or body language: "The soldiers seen on television had been carefully chosen for blandness of affect" Norman Mailer.

<BR>2. Obsolete A disposition, feeling, or tendency.

<P>

A friend of mine believes that admirers who don't point out your short comings are not really admirers. Writers who misuse words make themselves look ignorant, undereducated or just sloppy.

<P>

<I>-- srgeek --</I>

jimdel1jimdel1over 14 years ago
more!

this series is so very good! would love to hear more of the commander and his family! just, well, damn good!

GizmorGizmorover 12 years ago
Murphy

Just love your stories. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

MadBrownMadBrownover 10 years ago
AND YOUR POINT IS. . .

STILTED DIALOGUE MAINLY DUE TO YOUR NOT USING CONTRACTIONS WHICH IS HOW PEOPLE SPEAK.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
I still think it is a viable franchise -

And it is all fun - and over the top fun at that.

Not cartoon but caricature -

I will grant the observation that grammar checking and context editing etc. are important if you decide to make a living at this - but here - we will take what we get and be happy with it - very happy.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 8 years ago
Fun read but!

This story is just plain off the wall unbelievable and impossible.

Igolf69Igolf69almost 6 years ago
Commander Murphy

I have enjoyed all of your Commander Murphy stories. I am sure that others do

Please write more they are wonderful love stories. I can't wait to read more

Ken Hinshaw

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
More Please!

I love the characters that you have created and I think you are great at creating good story lines! More stories please!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous