Common Law

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Just like that, she's on top of me, pinning me to the couch by my shoulders! The sudden aggressive move send waves of arousal zapping through my body. "OH God, Jess!"

She kisses me forcefully, a combination of soft and aggressive that makes my head spin. Her hand traces down my side, and I can't help but seek out her touch, arching my back and moaning with every teasing touch.

"Babe, you're so sexy," she moans into my ear as she traces my hips and abs. I moan back, which turns to a gasp as she dips her fingers underneath the waistband of my pants. "Babe, are you sure you want this?," she asks as she teases just above the top of my underwear.

"Babe please!," I hear my voice begging, something I've never done before. Before I can process that, her fingers slide further down, and I lose all sense of anything else. Her fingers circle, caress, rub, and finally, slide inside of me.

I'm reduced to a quivering, wet, moaning mess, as Jess brings me to the edge almost immediately. Suddenly, she pulls her fingers out. "Jess, please?" I moan questioningly.

She leans into my ear, while stroking just around my entrance. "Ask me again, babe," She whispers in my ear, and I arch against her fingers desperately.

"Please Jess, please!" I hardly recognize my own voice, my own need. It's like nothing I've ever experienced before.

She slides her fingers back into me, and curls them up, finding my most sensitive spot immediately. "Cum for me babe!" she moans into my ear, and I obey her wish. My body shakes and shudders, as I grip her ever-stroking fingers with my body. Incredible waves of pleasure assault my brain for what feels like hours.

I slowly calm down, the aftershocks causing continued spasm, the mind numbing pleasure slowly fading away. I open my eyes, and see Jess's face, overcome with lust. I have to have her.

I reach out and pull her to me for another heart stopping kiss, and move my hands down her body. Her skin is so soft when I slip my fingers under her shirt. She shudders on top of me, making me wish we'd stripped before starting. We'll have to do that later though, because I'm working under her waistband.

The feeling of her wet insides clenching down around my fingers is breathtakingly intimate. She gasps as I curve my fingers upward to try to increase her pleasure. All I think about is her.

"Kiss me!," she gasps. I lean up to do her bidding, and she orgasms as our lips touch. It's an intense experience, in a different sort of way for me, feeling her writhe and buck on top of me. I feel so unbelievably sated,not just from my own orgasm, but from her ecstasy.

When she comes back to earth, she gives me a long, slow, sweet kiss, and I melt even further into her embrace. "So, uh," she says sheepishly, body still on top of me. "That went from 0 to 100 fast."

"Yeah, it did." When I think for a moment about the sequence of events that had just occurred, it seemed kind of crazy. I went from worried my best friend was going to hate me forever, to discovering she'd been harboring a years-long crush on me, to figuring out I loved her, to having the best sex of my life on our sofa. I see her getting a little worried as I think, and lean up to kiss her again. "Don't think I regret it Jess, I've never felt so amazing before!"

She seems relieved. " I guess I got a little carried away." She gives me another of her beautiful smiles, which turns into a sly smirk. "You didn't seem to mind."

My face heats up as she winks at me. "Where did that come from?," I ask her after a brief pause.

"Uhm, I don't know?" She sits up and takes my hand to pull me up into a sitting sidehug. "I guess, I just, I uh..." She turns red herself, and now we're both blushing like schoolgirls. "I, uh, wanted to show you how much I cared." She stops for a moment before continuing in a small voice. "And you're completely irresistible."

If you asked my past self, I would never have said I'm a romantic. Yet, her simple admission brings a tear to my eye. "Oh Jess," I choke out. "I don't know when it happened, but I love you so much!"

We collapse back into a messy cuddle pile, exchanging more "I love you's" and soft kisses.

"What a crazy 24 hours it's been," Jess comments as we snuggle together on our couch. "Yesterday morning I finally got it through my thick skull that I've been in love with you for god knows how long, and now we just had easily the best sex of my life on our couch, and are legally married." She snuggles closer and rubs her cheek on mine. "And I'm happier than I've ever been in my life."

We lie there for some time, and hold each other. I revel in the contact, and think back over when we first met. Now that I really analyze it, our first meeting takes on a new light. I remember being wowed at Jess's natural beauty when she arrived at our shared dorm room, but now I realize it wasn't envy I was feeling, it was attraction. Damn.

I start to doze off a little bit. I can't help it, Jess is so warm, and it feels so, so nice to be held by someone I love.

I'm woken by the sound of someone's phone going off, quite loudly. "Wha?" It seems Jess had fallen asleep too, and we both flail around for our phones until Jess finds hers.

"Ugh, it's my mom." She grimaces, and I feel myself do the same. We hadn't exactly left on good terms last night. "You know what? I'm gonna take this, on speakerphone. You deserve to hear everything, and I'm going to set them right."

I reach out and hold her hand. "Hey mom," Jess starts tentatively.

"Young woman, why did you rush out of here last night? And what was that ridiculous statement you made about being married to that...' she seemed to have trouble finding the right word for me, and Jess squeezed my hand tighter. "Girl!"

"Mom, she's not some 'girl', she's my wife, and you're going to have to get used to her, because she's sticking around for the long haul." I squeeze her hand back, and rub up against her, trying to express my love non-verbally.

"Jessica Anderson, you cannot marry a woman! You need to settle down with a nice young man, and forget about all this foolery!"

Although her tone carried all the weight of her aristocratic attitude, Jess wasn't bending. "I think I can, and legally have, mother." Her tone softens, but her grip on my hand increases, and I rub her arm with my other one. "You're not going to sway me on this mom. I'm a lesbian. It's taken me years to finally admit it, but I've never felt anything for the guys I've dated. They were all distractions, ways to keep me in the closet."

There's a brief moment of silence, before her mom goes back in full attack mode. "Young lady, that is not how your father and I raised you! I don't want to hear any talk of this from now on, do you understand me?"

That got Jess's attention. I'm not sure I've ever seen her so mad. "You can't 'young lady' me, mother, I'm nearly 30! And if you don''t want to hear about it anymore, than you're welcome to hang up and talk to me only when you've stopped being a bigot." Jess angrily slams the 'end call' button, and starts silently shaking. I pull her into me, trying not to tear up myself, and hold her till she stops crying.

"Oh Jess," I whisper, as she clutches me close. I kiss the top of her head gently, and she smiles up at me with watery eyes.

"Thanks, babe." She sighs, and burrows into my shoulder. "I'm not going to let my parents ruin this. I think they'll come around, but even if they don't I'm still happier than I've ever felt in my life. I love you, and you love me. That's enough for me." she leans up to kiss me, and I squeeze her tighter.

"So, I guess we're both gay then?" She says as we break apart.

"Uh, I guess so?" I think about it for a moment. "It feels weird to say, but it's true. I guess we were both deep in the closet. Which also feels weird to say. I guess Whit and Joe were right."

She slips her hand up between us to poke my nose. "What do you mean?"

I blush slightly, which feels weird, considering what we've just been through. "Uh, they kinda thought we were lesbians."

Jess giggles, a contagious little thing that gets me going as well. I can't seem to stop, and neither can she, and we collapse into a laughing cuddle-pile.

"Oh girl," Jess finally coughs out, wiping a tear from her eye. "Wish they woulda told us that earlier, maybe could have avoided a lot of heartache."

"I don't know why everyone else could see it, but we couldn't get over ourselves," I complain. "It took you kissing me for me to realize I've been subconsciously checking you out for god knows how long."

"Mmmmm, checking me out how?," She purrs into my neck, and just like that, I'm turned on again.

"You have the most amazing butt-OH!" She nips slightly around my collarbone, flooding my body with warmth.

"God babe, I love your body," She whispers up, as she kisses further up my neck. I'm absolutely drenched.

"Oh god, Jess!," I exhale breathily, for the millionth time today. She suddenly flips me on my back, leans in, and practically bites my neck! Rather than pain, or rather than just pain, there's an almost unbearable heat rushes through my body, and I dimly realize I'm leaning away from her to give her better access.

She nips her way down my body, bringing my arousal to dizzying heights. When she reaches my hips, she pulls back, and gives me a lust filled gaze. Once again, I find myself begging. "Please Jess, please!"

She gives me an irresistible smirk, and gently eases down my leggings. I feel an unbearable anticipation as she inches them down, ever so slowly. I groan as I feel her breath on me.

The feeling of her tongue on me, around me, in me, is indescribable. I'm reduced to incoherent moaning and babbling as she completely and utterly fucks me. She stops only for a mere moment, right as I'm on the edge to command me. "Come for me Lauren." I can't do anything but obey, and succumb to the white hot pleasure of her tongue on my clit.

It feels like an eternity before I get my breathing under control, and when I do, it feels like I can hardly move my limbs. "Babe," I pant, eyes still closed. "What did I do to deserve you? And why didn't we do this earlier?"

She kisses me gently, I taste myself on her. It doesn't bother me, which surprises me, but hey, I'm learning a lot about myself. "You were the only one to stand up for me and tell me I wasn't doing the right thing." She eases up from me. "Now, go hop in the shower, you're still sweaty form work yesterday."

"What about you?," I ask feeling bad. She'd gone down on me, I haven't reciprocated.

"Oh, there's plenty of time for that," she says with a sexy smile. "But we won't be able to get a dinner reservation if we don't hurry up."

I check the time, and it's already 4 o'clock! I must have slept later than I thought! "Okay, but you better not join me if you want to make it to dinner!"

She bats her eyelashes at me, and points me to the bathroom. "Get in there babe, and pick out something nice to wear!"

Chapter 12 -- Exploring Romance

"So where are we going?," I ask as Jess joins me in our living room. Her tight, low cut red dress with matching heels puts my fitted slacks and button up to shame. God, she's sexy. "You look amazing, Jess."

She kisses my cheek gently. "You look sexy as well. We're going to Sugarbeet."

"Isn't that the super fancy restaurant? Wow Jess..."

She gives me another peck, a look of concern in her eyes. "Something wrong babe?"

"I just... you're so beautiful, I feel way underdressed, but this is kinda the nicest outfit I have."

Her eyes twinkle as she looks me up and down. "You're maybe overdressed for my tastes," she comments with a wink, and I blush. "But seriously Lauren, you look amazing. I wish you could see yourself through my eyes right now, you're my hot butchy wife, and I love you to pieces."

I pull her tightly to my side, heart swelling with love. "You're the best, Jess."

We spend most of the drive discussing the menu of the restaurant. It's nice to be talking about something light for a change, the last 24 hours have been enough excitement for me. I fiddle with my pocket when we arrive, making sure the box I've stashed away hasn't fallen out.

The restaurant is warmly lit and cozy, and the food is to die for. We split a cheese board, and follow it up with delicious baked pasta for me, and a rack of lamb for Jess. The whole time, we chat, sneak touches over the table, and generally gaze into each other's eyes.

When the table is clear, I go to make my move, but Jess beats me to it. Somehow, she produces a small jewelry box, and I gasp as she goes down on one knee. It's a simple gold band, but I've never seen anything more beautiful.

"Babe, I know our relationship got off to a rocky start, and we're technically legally married already, but I want to do this right. Lauren Wright, will you marry me?" I feel myself tear up, as I pull out my own jewelry box, containing my grandmother's wedding ring.

"Yes Jess! I will!"

Chapter 13 -- Come out, come out

It's been the best weekend of my life, but it has to come to a close. Jess and I made love four more times over Saturday night and Sunday, and each time was better than the last. I find myself on my way to our work site, deep in yet another glacial canyon, but somehow, I'm not as bothered as last time.

It's a beautiful late summer day in the mountains, and I'm thinking of Jess while reapplying sunscreen, when my boss Kevin notices the new ring on my hand. "Woah Lauren, you get engaged this weekend? I didn't even know you had a boyfriend!"

I blush guiltily, not entirely sure how to explain the situation. "Well, it's complicated. Technically, we're already legally married, apparently Colorado still has common law marriage on the books. But we decided to make it official." I feel like I've overexplained, but whatever.

"Oh cool, so who's the lucky guy?"

I roll my eyes. I suppose I just got engaged to -- and had a ton of excellent sex with -- a woman, so I might as well start the coming out process now. "It's not a guy. It's my roommate, Jess."

His eyes bug out for a second, but to his credit, he contains his reaction to that. "OH! Oh, I didn't realize you swing that way. My bad. Congrats!"

A tension drains out of me that I hadn't even realized was there. "Thanks Kevin."

*****

When I get home, Jess is whipping up a fried rice that smells heavenly. "Hey Jess," I whisper and I wrap myself around her form behind.

"Hey babe, she greets me with a wide smile, followed up by a kiss. "How was your day?" It's kind of funny, coming home to her after we've figured ourselves out. It's just like it used to be, but with more kissing, and less self-repression. Oh, and sleeping in the same bed. That part is really nice too.

"Good! We had perfect weather. I may have also come out to my boss." She raises an eyebrow, but her smile tells me she's not bad. "He asked about the ring," I clarify, wagging my hand in her face.

Jess laughs, and grabs my hand, kissing it. "Dinner's ready in about 10, take a quick rinse?"

"Sounds good, thanks for cooking, love!"

When I come out of the shower, she's looking at her phone with a pensive face, "What's up love?" I ask, the new endearment suddenly sticking.

"Whitney texted me to ask how the meeting went." I settle in next to her, and eat a small mouthful of rice.

"What do you want to tell her?," I ask. "It seems like a lot to explain over text."

A massive smile slowly spreads over Jess's face. "You're right, it is too much to explain over text." She props her phone up against a vase, and clicks the face time call button for Whitney.

"We're going to face time her?"

"Sure, what better way to show her that everything's good as can be! Hey Whitney!"

Whitney's face seems relieved to see us together, back in our apartment on our couch. "Hey girls, how are things? It seems like you've worked things out? Are you two okay now?"

"Oh, more okay than you realize," Jess hints mischievously, as I wave at Whitney.

"What does that mean?"

Before I can say anything, Jess turns to me, and kisses me passionately. Ah, so that was her plan. I can't help but whimper and melt at her touch as she invades my mouth her tongue. Her effect on me is the same as every other time we've kissed: instant arousal. I don't think I'll ever get tired of kissing her.

Sadly, she withdraws far too quickly for my tastes, but the hooded look of arousal she gives me makes me shiver with desire. "How's that for okay?," she directs at a gaping Whitney.

I lean in against Jess, and pick up my bowl, seeing this was mostly going to be a conversation between the two of them. I'm just here to look cute and get kissed. Not a bad gig.

"How? What? But Sam... What?" Whitney chokes out, and I can't help but smile at how flustered we've left her.

"Hmm, I think she might be confused, up for a repeat performance babe?"

I set my bowl down, and swallow, blush creeping into my face. "I'm always up for kissing you, love." Jess attacks me again, and this time, I'm glad she pulls back, because if she keeps going like this, we'll end up fucking right here, and that's not something I want anyone else to see.

Whitney is still gaping as we separate, and Jess takes pity on her. "Come down to the pub tomorrow. Bring Dean, maybe Joe if he can swing it. We'll tell y'all there."

Whitney manages to gasp out an "Okay," and Jess hangs up on her.

"That was mean," I poke her side playfully while we eat.

"Oh, don't act like you didn't enjoy it," she quips back. "I hope you're okay with me inviting them all over at once. I figured we should probably just get it over with."

I shrug. "It's fine. To be honest, I'm surprised it took her this long to message either of us."

"Hmm, good point. Wanna watch a bad sci-fi movie? I found a 'good' one for us."

I squeeze her against me, mirroring her beaming smile. "Of course, love."

*****

Strangely, I'm not nervous as we sit in the pub, waiting for our friends. Perhaps it's the effortless calm radiating off Jess. While it still feels weird to call myself gay (even though I know it's true), Jess has embraced it. Then again she's always been more in touch with her feelings, so the thought must be less new to her.

"Hey Jessica, hey Lauren," Joe says as he slips into the booth with us, followed shortly by Whitney and Dean. "Heard you guys aren't fighting anymore?" Oh god, Whitney didn't tell him, did she? She's so mean.

I can tell Jess picked up on it too, based on her impish grin. "Nope, we're better than ever," I respond, trying to stave off the mischievous PDA plans I know Jess is crafting.

It doesn't work. Joe's response of "How so?," with a raised eyebrow is enough to get her to push me up against the wall of our booth and kiss me silly.

"You made me sit on this side so you could do that, didn't you?" I ask, unsuccessfully staving off my blush. Jess winks at me, which just makes it worse, and my heart rate jumps. When I tear my attention away from her, I see Whitney suppressing laughter, while Dean and Joe gape at us.

"Whit, you're evil!" I smack her on her arm.

She doesn't seem too phased by my admonishment though. "Hey, I figured if I had to find out this way, they should too."

Jess seems to enjoy making out with me in public, and it's hard to say no, especially when she gets that big beaming smile on her face.

"Wait, so you two?..." Joe holds his hands out and mimes pushing them together.

"Yep!," Jess responds happily, and I cuddle into her. "We've finally figured it out. Lauren is the one for me."

I squeeze her tighter to my side. "I love you," I tell her, and lay my head on her shoulder.

"You know," Dean says, have recovered himself somewhat. "If you'd told me years ago you two were happily married I don't think I would have been surprised, unless you told me how we got here. How did you figure out you're, well, in love with each other?"