Competition Ch. 11 - FINAL CHAPTER

Story Info
Ronnie learns to move on from Jolene's death.
8.1k words
4.5
2.1k
0

Part 11 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 08/20/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ronnie stared at her computer screen. On her screen was the link to download the autopsy report to find out what had happened to Jolene. It was two months after the funeral, and Ronnie was getting maybe two hours a night of sleep even then.

Ronnie had a good track record of never crying during a funeral, but she was a mess during Jolene's. She had a full meltdown when she approached the coffin. Carol held her up as Ronnie wailed and choked. Jolene had so many people show up to pay their respects. Honey Lo came out to stay with Ronnie to make sure that she was looking after herself.

Ronnie stared forward and fiddled with her track pad. She was sick enough from not eating and dry heaving as it was. There was something that prevented her from opening the document, as if there was something incriminating, or as an indictment on Ronnie.

She decided to open the PDF, then get up and get some pineapple juice. She stood by the sink and drank it, feeling better that she was getting some fluids into her. She made her way back to the kitchen table and looked at the document from the Maricopa County coroner. It was only because of Jolene's excellent health and young age that the pathologist decided to investigate.

Ronnie read the findings--an ischemic stroke. They assumed that there was a blockage that started in Jolene's heart, then made its way up into her brain. The blockage could have formed well into her youth, and was more likely, since Jolene had such a low-fat diet into her adulthood.

Ronnie sighed, then her eyes misted up. She felt so guilty for so long, and now she found out that the cause of her death was something that might have been preventable.

Ronnie was still running her own business from home. Ginger was now a full partner, and she was helping out a great deal with operations. They now had four technicians as well as Ronnie, who would handle the scheduling and customer calls.

This was further complicated by Jolene leaving her controlling interest in the gym. She felt like she could manage looking after the purchases and the payroll, but she did not have the same physical acumen that Jolene had. She thanked God for Heather being there. She seemed to know how to handle the customers, at least. Ronnie knew about Jolene's plans to expand the drive-thru drink idea, seeing as it suddenly became wildly profitable.

The weeks went by, and Ronnie sulked in the house as she worked away at the businesses. Every once in a while she would glance at a picture of Jolene hanging on the wall, some from her competitions, others of her in studio portraits. Ronnie would think back to how old-fashioned her wife seemed sometimes.

Six months after Jolene died, Ronnie allowed herself a chance to enjoy herself again. She went out to Maddie's bar to see what she could find.

Patty was tending bar that night, and noticed Ronnie come in. Cobra had come in from the door and rested an elbow on the bar.

Patty flicked her chin at Ronnie, who had already found some company. "Haven't seen Ron in so long."

Cobra nodded. "I'm glad she's back. She needs to get back out there."

"You don't think it's too soon?" asked Patty.

"Nah, and I would never tell someone that, especially a good customer." Cobra whistled as she saw the girls Ronnie was chatting with. "Jolene was one-of-a-kind. Ronnie's not gonna do any better, but she can try and do something to feel less lonely."

Patty gave Cobra a playful punch in the shoulder. "How come I never see you hitting on any of these babes?"

Cobra gave Patty a baffled look. "I'm straight, dude." She walked away from the bar.

Patty made a face. "The fuck? Really?"

Ronnie had ordered drinks for her new friends. The fun one was Devi, a dark-skinned slender babe with thigh-high dark socks, and a mini-skirt and vest that looked like a schoolgirl outfit. She had brought her friend, Peyton, who seemed nervous to be there. Peyton was in a plain buttoned-up blouse and black slacks.

Ronnie had on her green deep-vee and capris. It felt good for her to get out and socialize. She was loving the new people she met, even if Peyton was being quiet and a bit weird. Devi was a little firecracker of deep laughs and flirty touches. Every now and then she would rub her leg up against Ronnie's thigh. Ronnie was getting warm every time she looked at Devi's deep brown eyes and her shapely cheekbones.

After a few drinks, Devi tapped Ronnie on the leg. "Meet me by the bathroom in two minutes, okay?" Devi got up and slid out of the booth to go near the back.

Ronnie tapped the table as she watched Peyton try to hold her hand over the candle. "Yikes," Ronnie mumbled as she got up. "Hey, don't go anywhere, okay? I just have to do something."

Ronnie headed to the back as well, and Devi was leaning up against the wall with her hands flat on her thighs.

The two of them clutched onto each other and kissed. Ronnie's head swam as she felt the heat coming off of Devi. The ambient music pulsed in her body while her hands explored Devi's slender body. The scent of alcohol and sweat hung in the air--the smell of sex. Devi ran her fingers through Ronnie's soft brown hair, while Ronnie had her hands resting on Devi's lower back, tempting her to grab two handfuls of sweet ass.

The two of them pulled back and smiled. "Wow," remarked Devi. "You wanna get out of here?"

Ronnie nodded. "What about your little weird friend?"

Devi pulled her lip back and grunted. "I can't abandon her. Can we...bring her along?"

Ronnie's eyes went wide. "Wow. Is she down for that kind of thing? I seriously thought you two were dating."

Devi laughed. "She's...kind of a friend, kinda something else. We're not sure yet."

Devi clasped hands with Ronnie, then took her over to the booth. She practically ordered Peyton to come along with her and go back to her place. The three of them got out and got into a cab.

Peyton sat in the front seat and played with the window, while Ronnie and Devi sat in the back and stared at each other. Ronnie did not want to upset Peyton by putting any moves on Devi, nor to give the creepy cabbie a free show.

They stopped at Devi's place, a basement apartment with a separate entrance. Ronnie guessed that Devi was just young enough to be starting out in life. They got in, with Devi tossing her keys onto the counter and kicking off her shoes. Ronnie took her own off, while Peyton went to get a bottle of water.

Devi and Ronnie put their arms around each others' waists and went into the bedroom. They sat on the bed and kissed. Ronnie made herself comfortable and laid back while Devi got up on her hands and knees.

Peyton walked in and sat down at the desk chair while Ronnie and Devi made out. Ronnie let her eye wander over to Peyton, who was watching them as she sipped her water. Devi kissed Ronnie's neck while Ronnie stared at Peyton.

"Hey," Ronnie said to Peyton. "You just like to watch or what?"

Peyton bit her lower lip. "I like to see her happy."

Ronnie got her half-smile on. Something about her reminded of some of the stuff Jolene used to get up to. "You're pretty," Ronnie told her. Devi got back up to Ronnie's mouth as they pressed lips together. Ronnie ran her hand along Devi's bronze thigh. It was probably the smoothest skin she had ever felt.

Devi got up on her knees and took off her vest and baby tee, then undid her bra. Ronnie loved the way Devi's breasts looked, with her cute upturned nips and the shiny skin. Devi leaned back down and Ronnie continued to kiss her. She forgot about Peyton entirely as she watched the cute titties jiggle.

Ronnie sat up and got her t-shirt and bra off. Devi's face lit up upon seeing her tits. "Wow! These are so nice!"

Ronnie was looking leaner these days, what with her diminished appetite. She leaned back again as Devi went down and licked Ronnie's boobs. Ronnie looked over at Peyton, who was still sitting in her chair. She had gotten her legs spread apart, and was gazing hard at Ronnie.

Ronnie gestured for Peyton to come over, who did her usual puppy dog obeying. She got on her knees on the carpet and leaned in close to Ronnie's face. Devi was still sucking on Ronnie's big boob.

"You're so pretty," Peyton whispered.

Ronnie took Peyton's collar and pulled her in for a kiss. It was an intense thrill to have one beautiful girl sucking on her tit while the other one kissed her. Peyton was a surprisingly good kisser.

Peyton pulled back, gasping for air. Devi was unbuttoning her skirt while she made her way down to Ronnie's tummy. She got her skirt and panties slid off, then spread out her legs on the bed and licked Ronnie's belly button.

Ronnie reached down and unbuttoned her pants. Devi helped her slide out of them, leaving her in her thong. Devi then kissed and licked Ronnie's inner thighs, seeming to tease Ronnie's love mound.

Ronnie felt up Peyton. "Wow." Peyton's top was hiding her breasts, which Ronnie discovered were probably nicer than she was letting on. "Take it off."

Peyton obliged, but seemed uncertain. "Just the top, okay?"

Ronnie nodded, and watched as Peyton got the twins out. They were decent size, and Ronnie liked the way they were perched up and symmetrical. She felt one gently while she rubbed her thumb on Peyton's nipple. Peyton closed her eyes and let her head fall back to the side.

"Ever have sex with your friend?" Ronnie let out small moans as Devi got closer to the magic spot.

"I like her," Peyton admitted. "I wish I could."

Ronnie smiled while she played with Devi's black hair. She had tied it up into a ponytail, but Ronnie let the tail run through her fingers. Devi had wonderfully smooth and silky hair.

Devi had made her way to Ronnie's hole, giving it a few quick flicks with her tongue. Ronnie covered her eyes with her hand. "Fuck! Now you're making me horny." She got her legs spread wide as Devi pushed the tiny panties aside and dove in. Ronnie held onto Devi's head with one hand while she rubbed her other hand up and down Peyton's torso.

Devi got up and put her pussy up against Ronnie's, rubbing their twats together. Ronnie watched Devi's slippery tits jiggle. She had a body like it was carved out of mahogany. Ronnie felt the intense heat coming from Devi's sweet pussy on hers. It was a little rough, likely from Devi having a small amount of stubble, but she loved the feel.

Peyton stood up and took her pants and underwear off. She had a small landing strip that Ronnie thought was so beautiful. She laid down in the bed next to Ronnie, putting an arm around her stomach while she kissed Ronnie's neck. Ronnie gasped and moaned as she clutched onto Peyton's thigh.

After several minutes of doing the grind, Devi laid down next to Ronnie and kissed her on the lips. Ronnie pushed Peyton's face in as they went for a three-way kiss. Ronnie felt them both pull away as Peyton and Devi kissed and felt each other up.

Ronnie's heart thundered away as she watched these two finally hooking up. "Oh, fuck, you two are so hot together." Ronnie let her hand wander over Devi's fine ass. She had such a slinky body. Having these younger women to work with was driving her wild. Devi had mentioned she was twenty-six, and she knew that Peyton had already graduated a four-year.

Devi stopped kissing and smiled as she turned to Ronnie. "What should we do now?"

Ronnie shook her head in amazement. "Go for it. Fuck your friend. I wanna see it."

Devi giggled as she got Peyton to lie down. Ronnie made some room while Devi climbed on top of Peyton. She worked her hips back and forth on Peyton's pelvis. Ronnie got so excited that she grabbed Devi from behind and pressed their lips together. She reached up and grabbed both of Devi's boobs. She nuzzled Devi's neck while Devi humped away. Peyton looked almost afraid to look at her friend enjoying herself.

Devi got off, then gestured for Ronnie to get on. Ronnie threw her leg over and rode the same way as she had her hands on Peyton's fine tits. Devi made out with Ronnie and played with her breasts.

All three were getting sweaty and tired, so they all laid down on the bed and finished themselves off. Ronnie spent a good amount of time kissing Devi while she played with her tit. Ronnie was first to pop, her orgasm causing her leg to vibrate. Peyton watched with fascination. Devi came next with a scream, then a contented sigh. The two of them watched as shy Peyton finished herself off. Peyton cracked her first smile of the night, as all of the girls exchanged kisses.

Ronnie had her arms around the two women as they drifted off to sleep. It was about two hours into the night when they were both startled awake by Ronnie crying and screaming. "Jolene! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Ronnie sat up and wailed. Devi tried her best to calm Ronnie down as Peyton went to fetch some cold water. It took nearly an hour, but they got her to settle and get back to sleep.

Ronnie took the walk of shame home the next day, and she felt even more depressed. She felt dirty and ashamed for the hook-up, like she had rushed it. She clearly was not ready to get out yet.

Ronnie had sought help from a few people, notably a therapist that was recommended from Dr. Fleming. She specialized in loss and grieving, and had seen Ronnie's situation dozens of times. The therapist, Dr. Moon, was also able to prescribe some mild sedatives to let Ronnie sleep better at night. Dr. Moon also set Ronnie up with a support group for grieving spouses and significant others.

Ronnie went to the meeting place the following Thursday night, held in a Unitarian church. She had arrived a bit early, and she made herself comfortable out in the main foyer.

A younger man came in a few minutes later, his nose buried in a book with a red cover. The man was also writing something in the margins as he made his way in.

"Here for the meetings?" he said without looking up. Ronnie wondered how she was able to see him without looking up.

Ronnie jumped up out of her chair, unsure of who this man was. "Oh, yes. I'm Veronica Vance. You can call me Ronnie." She went to extend her hand, but the man did not look up just yet.

Ronnie looked him up and down. He looked very studious, but he was nice and tall, maybe six foot four. Ronnie noted his broad shoulders--he worked out but was not jacked or anything. He was also handsome but not terribly striking. Ronnie liked the way his nose stuck out a little. He reminded her of some of the Belgians she met when she was a teen.

The man looked as if he was satisfied with his jotting and slapped his book shut. "Pardon my effrontery," he stated. "I was engrossed in pecuniary matters, specifically related to derivatives."

Ronnie blinked several times. "Do you speak English?"

The man laughed heartily, which made Ronnie relax a little. "Economics," he replied. "Forgive me--I have a habit of coming off pedantic sometimes." He stepped in and finally accepted Ronnie's hand. "Simon Heath. Really nice to meet you." He held the book near her. "I don't believe you've been here before."

Ronnie pushed her hair behind her ear. "Uh, no. First time. I...lost someone a while back and I never really got over it."

Simon twisted up his lips and nodded. "You'll find the people here are understanding. I would not have trepidation."

Ronnie gave her half-smile. "You know...you're kinda wordy."

Simon grinned. "I've been told as such. Yes, I have a bit of a higher IQ, and I never miss a chance to show it off."

"How high?" asked Ronnie.

Simon rolled his eyes. "It's high. In the one fifties."

Ronnie's eyes went wide. "Wow, so are you a genius or something?"

"It depends on which test is used. The typical Stanford-Binet--" He watched Ronnie's face and realized how he sounded. "It's up there, for sure. But don't mind me if I get wordy. It's not exactly something you relish. It's sometimes a burden, and it's done little for my well-being. I forget sometimes to slow down for others."

Ronnie smiled. "It's all right. I know about not fitting in."

Simon looked down and then slowly back up at Ronnie. "Pardon my skepticism, but someone as gorgeous as you should have no issues."

Ronnie blushed and played with her hair. "You seem to know the right things to say sometimes."

Several people came in, who Simon acknowledged and greeted as they came in. They all filed into a side office where a circle of chairs were waiting for them.

Ronnie went over immediately to the free coffee and poured herself a cup. After adding four sugars, she took a sip, then grimaced. It had the smooth taste of arsenic and antifreeze. She shook her head and took her cup of gross coffee to a seat, next to Simon.

The counselor came in, a doughy older man with wild hair and a beard. He had thick glasses and was dressed up like someone who was forced to put on a tie. He had a stack of books under his arm, which he placed on the table near the back. He made his way to his chair. "Sorry I'm late," he said in a whiny voice. He got to a spare chair and sat down. "So, do we have any new people joining us today?"

Simon smiled and pointed at Ronnie. The counselor brightened up and focused on her. "Welcome! I'm David Baum, and I teach psychology at Windmill College. We meet here weekly to talk about...whatever, really. You don't have to discuss your loved ones if you don't want." He adjusted in his seat. "We do have one rule, though--all new people have to talk on their first night."

Ronnie sighed and glanced at Simon, who gave her a smarmy nod. She stood up and crossed her arms. "Okay. Well, my name is Ronnie Vance. So, my wife died about six months ago."

David got his yellow notepad and pen. "Uh...wife, you say?"

Ronnie twisted her lips up. Her face was feeling flush. "Yeah, that's what I said. So anyway, I just...I haven't been sleeping well, and I wanted to try this." She sat down quickly and looked at the floor. Simon gave her a gentle tap on the shoulder.

"Thank you, Ronnie," said David. "This is a chance for all of us to express any grief we are having, or maybe even small victories. Everyone, please thank Ronnie for her contribution."

Everyone thanked Ronnie in a robotic tone, and Ronnie became further embarrassed. She sat in silence for the next forty-five minutes while others came forward with their own stories.

The meeting wrapped up, and Ronnie dashed out in a near-sprint. Simon followed in behind her. "Hey! Hey! Did you at least like it?"

Ronnie made it out the front door and then stopped as Simon followed behind. She folded her arms and kicked at the concrete. "I mean...it's kinda depressing."

"It's better than being alone and trying to work through things," replied Simon. "Come on. Give us losers a chance."

Ronnie made a small twitch at the side of her mouth. "I guess so."

Simon got out his business card and handed it to Ronnie. "Call me for anything, okay?"

Ronnie read over the card carefully. "Wait--why is some genius working at an air conditioning place?"

Simon chuckled. "Well, first, this is Arizona, so we'll never go out of business. Second, the job I have affords me a lot of time to pursue my intellectual curiosities."

Ronnie put the card in her purse. Simon's lack of ambition was not so charming to her, but at least he seemed to care. "Thanks," she said, then went to the car. She was still driving Jolene's Mercedes, which was not her style but she could not bear to part with it.

On Saturday, Ronnie made her way to Cherry Bing's studio. Cherry had taken so many photos of Jolene over the years that she was almost as close as she was to Ronnie.

Ronnie let herself in. Cherry was at her computer, looking at several black and whites and doing some photo effects with a software that Ronnie did not recognize.

Cherry swivelled around in her chair. "Ronnie!" She jumped up and held out her arms. Ronnie ran in and gave Cherry a huge hug. She had not seen Cherry since the funeral.