Confirming Carter Bk. 04 Expansion Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We won't interfere with your business model, but we will be bringing you more work to do for us." Carter said as she handed Samuels the device. "When we opened the city up and starting using its factories and production facilities, we shut down our own research efforts."

"You do not seem interested in the result of the vote." Simeon said.

"You're losing less than a thousand people." Carter said as she took a sip of her drink. "Will they be staying on as employees instead of joining us, or will you need people to replace them? We have a labor pool you can draw from, with a breakdown by skill sets. Our teaching machines give a suggested training list for everyone that we use it on."

"Training on the teaching machine requires the ancient gene, and we have a therapy that activates that gene. We can make it available to any of your people that do not have the gene." Samuels told him. "It works on roughly eighty percent of the people we try it on. I've tried it twice, and it didn't work either time."

"All of our people are of ancient descent, so they would have this gene you speak of." Dorja asked. "Will you make one or more of these teaching machines available to us to use at our facilities?"

"No, but it's not a matter of trust, it's a matter of availability." Carter said. "We only have a few of those machines to use in the city, and we can't afford to give them up. There are quite a few built into the space station, but they can't be moved. But we'll train any of your people that you send here."

"You mentioned ancient outposts when we spoke yesterday." Tammy said. "Have you explored any of them, or taken anything out of them to study?"

"We've explored them all, but only removed a few small devices, some documents and other trinkets." Simeon replied. "None of the systems or devices in any of the outposts were active when we found them. We discovered that the power modules had been removed, as you surmised."

"We can fix that. We can provide power modules, we call them zero point modules, or ZPM's for short." Tammy said. "Give Andi a list of coordinates the outposts can be found at, and we'll send teams to bring them online, and get shields installed if they don't have any."

Dorja, Norjon and Matrei were talking quietly across the table, and Sam and Tammy smiled at each other as they listened.

"Tell them Kinai." Carter said lightly.

"Tell us what?" Matrei asked, glancing over at her.

"They can hear you, no matter how softly you speak." Kinai told her.

Norjon looked at them, then spoke rapidly in ancient, looking around the table.

"No, we are not witches Norjon, merely enhanced humans." Tammy told him in ancient. "But we can get you some pads and pens if you'd like to pass notes."

"It will be time for dinner soon." Samuels said as she stepped into the room. "If any of you need to change, I can take you to quarters to..."

"Larrin isn't here, so the girls can use the guest room, and Simeon and Norjon can use the other bedroom." Tammy said. "Unless you all want to dress together."

"Our things are in the other room, we can change anywhere." Simeon said. "Matrei and Dorja will require a mirror and space for their magic powders and creams..."

"My beauty does not come from a powder or a cream." Matrei said as she got to her feet. She slapped Simeon on the back of the head as she passed behind him, and stopped at the head of the table."

"Our people will join you if you will have us my queens." She said. "You will know all there is to know of us, but needn't share your own secrets. We will serve you as the others in your domain do, faithfully and well."

"Thank you Matrei." Carter said as she got to her feet and hugged her. "We too will share our secrets, and our knowledge with you. We will both prosper from this union."

(-)

Interior-Dining Room, East Tower

1800 Hours

The tables in the dining room had been rearranged so they formed a 'V' on one end, where the senior staff was seated, then two tables on either side of the room, where the Travellers and the partners of the Durrim Samar group each sat. The table at the head of the room was empty, awaiting the arrival of the queens.

Ronin and Cisco stepped into the room, and everyone got to their feet.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the queens of Atlantis, Col. Samantha Carter, and the Lady Tammy Ford." Cisco said. He paused, then added, "Accompanied by Geraan of the Free Jaffa Nation, and Phinnar of the Travellers.

The queens entered the room, each holding one of the boys hand, allowing themselves to be led to their table. The boys pulled out their chairs, then went and sat next to each of their grandparents.

"Thank you for joining us this evening." She said, smiling as she paused. "Appropriate words, because that is what we are doing tonight. Joining, each with the other."

"We have been informed that the vote we asked the Travellers to hold has been completed." Tammy said. "But before we get to that, we have also been informed that a new council member has been selected."

Arrin stood up as another Traveller stood up with him.

"Yes my queens." Arrin said as he led him around the table, stopping in front of them. "Allow me to present Darrum of the Quoraam clan."

Sam and Tammy stood as Darrum bowed, then appeared surprised when they held out their hands.

"Thank you for taking this position Darrum." Carter told him. "We expect you to lead and care for your clan as we care for all of our peoples."

"I will my queen." Darrum replied.

"Share your wisdom and patience, and speak your mind without fear Darrum, so we may lead our people wisely." Tammy said as she shook his hand, holding it in both of hers. "I once said those same words to our Lord of the Admiralty, Col. Caldwell, and he serves us better for it. I hope you will as well."

"I will my queen." Darrum replied, bowing to her.

Arrin led Darrum back over to their table and they both sat down again.

Sam looked over at the Travellers table.

"We ask that the leader of each Traveller clan stand and speak for your peoples." She said. "A simple yes or no, the number in your clan, and the number that wish to leave if you will."

One by one the Travellers stood, stating the result of their clans vote. The numbers appeared on the large monitor at the end of the room.

When the last of them sat down, Tammy looked at them and asked, "Who speaks for the Durga clan, since they are not represented in the council?"

Darrum stood and said, "The Durga vote yes. None will leave. Their ship will remain with the fleet."

"Is this truly the will of your people?" Carter asked as she stood with Tammy and walked into the center of the room, stopping in front of the Travellers.

"Yes my queen." The four Travellers said together as they got to their feet.

"These numbers are accurate, none were threatened or coerced?" Tammy asked.

"No my queen." they replied together.

"Then we accept your vote, and welcome the Travellers as citizens, subject to our will, and domain." Carter said.

"You, their council, will speak to them in our stead." Tammy said. "And speak to us of their needs."

Carter turned and nodded at Samuels, and a star chart appeared on the monitor. The positions of Atlantis and Anchorage were already marked.

"Tammy and I put this chart together with Larrin and Kinai yesterday." She said as they walked into the center of the room. "You can see our cities already marked on the chart."

A yellow band appeared toward the left center of the chart, and Tammy picked up the narration.

"This is the approximate position of the Traveller fleet." She said. "It has been moved in recent months, causing problems for the peoples of this part of the galaxy."

She moved her hand over the right-hand side of the screen as she said, "Such as our friends of the Durrim Samar group, who we have already welcomed into our domain tonight."

"To remedy this, we are establishing a new clan, the Sammy clan." Carter smiled. "We will take at least ten of the ships currently on the space station, and build at least two hundred more, which Pharris and Larrin have agreed to crew for us, with those crews becoming members of, and loyal to, their new clan."

"The Sammy clan will service this area." Tammy said as a long wide loop appeared on the far right side of the chart.

"Our new clan will not be in competition with the existing clans, rather, it will be augmenting them, providing trade to an area they are not able to reach at the moment." Carter said as she came over to stand in front of the Travellers. "This clan will be planet based, with supplies and materials being sent through the stargates, then to planets without them."

"We will build bases across this area." Tammy said, bringing everyone's attention back to the screen. "We will build at least two, possible more, and move two Aurora class ships into the area to provide support."

"One of the remaining Auroras will be stationed over Atlantis, while the other two will be positioned in conjunction with the Auroras already in the Traveller fleet." Carter said, looking around the room.

"These ships will defend the fleet, and the planets in their assigned areas, not only from the Wraith, but from other predatory races that will arise as the Wraith threat diminishes." She said.

"We expect to begin supplying the facilities of the Durrim Samar group within the next few weeks, then begin trade with other worlds as we get settlements built." She said. "But as we get ships repaired, and built, this is how we wish to see the main Traveller fleet positioned."

A large red box appeared, outlining most of the center of the galaxy.

"This is what we wish to see in ten years, and we're asking you to help us make it a reality."

They walked to the front of the room as the screen went dark, standing behind their seats.

"This is what we see happening in the foreseeable future." Carter said. "If anyone has any objections, speak now, we need to know if what we have in mind is possible."

"It is a daring plan my queen, but you promised ships to any that wish to leave the Travellers and go their own way." Darrum said getting to his feet. "More than a hundred thousand wish to leave, yet you are taking ships from the new station for your new clan."

"Only ten Darrum, which will hold two thousand people." Carter said. "But you are correct. We said that once the Travellers joined us, subject to our will and domain, that they would be given your best ships, or we would build ships for them."

"There are still fifty ships on the station." Tammy said, "And any that leave are welcome to them. Send any that can competently crew one of those ships, and we will wish them well as they make their way out into the stars."

"These are your brothers and sisters, your sons and daughters that go to make their own way." Carter went on. "It is only right that we give them the best we have to start their new life."

"The new station will require more than a hundred thousand people to man and operate it's systems to repair the ships in the fleet, and build new ones." Larrin said, getting to her feet. "We will need people from all the clans, Atlantis, and Durrim Samar to make that a reality."

"I have been working with Dr. Zelenka, the royal wizard, on organizing the required training for the stations systems, and we will begin training people in the next few weeks, and hope to have the station manned within a few months."

"Once manned, even using the exaggerated repair schedule we have decided on, we hope to repair or recondition the backbone of the fleet in less than five years. A task we have been unable to accomplish in centuries."

"What do you mean by exaggerated repair schedule?" Dorja asked.

"For the size ship the station can handle." Tammy told her. "The systems say a complete refit can be done in roughly ten days. Given the condition of most of the ships in the Traveller fleet, we decided to double that. Some will be completed sooner, some will take longer, but it seemed best to err on the side of caution."

"A sensible approach." Simeon said.

"We know that there are many details to be worked out, and they will be." Carter said. "But for now, if there are no objections, I'd like to eat."

She smiled as she looked across the room at Samuels.

"And for god's sake Andi, can we get these tables moved closer together so we don't have to shout at each other while we eat?"

(-)

Interior-Living Room

2200 Hours

"May I ask you a question?" Matrei asked. She sat beside Carter, leaning against her as she traced the outline of the tattoo on her arm.

"No, I won't sleep with you." Carter laughed.

"That is not what I was going to ask." Matrei laughed.

"I wish to know if you will go with me to one of the outposts we told you about." She said. "I would have it for my own, and move the people from our current site, into that outpost."

"Why would you do that?" Carter asked

"The outpost is underground, in almost pristine condition, and I could easily relocate the staffs from three of our facilities to the site." Matrei told her. "It also has a stargate, and there are buildings above ground as well. If there were shields on the stargate, and over the site itself, I could make it one of our most productive facilities."

"What are you doing Matrei?" Kinai said as she sat down next to her. "Are you trying to seduce Samantha?"

"No. We are merely talking." Matrei pouted. "Go away, we have things to discuss."

Kinai glanced at Carter, and when she nodded, she smiled at Matrei, then got up and walked across the room to talk to Tammy.

"She didn't have to do that." Matrei said softly.

"About your outpost, when would you want to go?" Carter asked. "We'd have to take a security team, and my friend Daniel would probably want to go."

"Really? I did not expect you to say yes." Matrei laughed, throwing her arms around her. "I did not bring the right clothes. I..."

"You're about Teyla's size, so we can get you clothes and boots." Carter laughed with her as she untangled her arms from around her neck. "I don't think we can go tomorrow, but if you can stay, we can probably go the day after."

"I will stay." Matrei smiled. "But you must do two things for me."

"And what's that?" Carter asked.

"Show me your city. I have heard of its wonders my entire life, but to be here..."

"We can do that." Carter said. "And the second thing?"

"Order him to sleep with me." Matrei said looking at Cisco talking to Norjon off to one side of the room.

"Done." Carter laughed as she waved Cisco over.

(-)

Interior-Kitchen

0010

"Do those markings indicate that you are bonded?" Dorja asked, then took a sip from her beer.

"No." Tammy laughed as she sat a glass of ice on the table in front of Sam and filled it with tea. "These aren't real, but I am thinking about getting her name tattooed on my butt."

"In the same script?" Norjon asked.

"She is not getting my name tattooed on her butt!" Sam laughed.

"It would be a shame to mar such a treasure with something as mundane as a tattoo." Kinai smiled. She looked at Sam and asked, "Where is Matrei? She was talking to you the last time I saw her."

"She may be downstairs with Cisco." Carter said softly, blushing slightly. "She asked me to order him to sleep with her, so I did. The last I saw of them, he had her slung over his shoulder and was heading for the elevator."

"No, you didn't." Tammy laughed.

"Yeah, I did." Carter told her.

"Let's find out." Tammy said as she got up and walked over to the comm on the wall. She pressed a button and said, "Tammy to Cisco."

There was a long pause, then Cisco's voice came over the comm.

"Yes Tammy?" He said.

"Is Matrei with you?" She asked, and they could here her giggling in the background as he tried to quiet her.

"Never mind Cisco, go back to what you were doing." She laughed as she closed the channel.

"How old is your man Cisco?" Kinai asked.

"He's close to Tammy's age, call it early thirties?" Carter told her.

All three of their guests burst out laughing. Sam and Tammy looked at each other, and Tammy asked, "What's so funny?"

Kinai recovered first, and she smiled as she said, "You must not tell him this. It is a game she plays. She pretends to be much younger than she is, often mimicking the age she appears."

"She looks like she's barely out of her teens." Carter said. "She was trying to use it on me when you came over."

"I thought as much." Kinai laughed.

"She wasn't trying to seduce me. She wanted me to take her one of the ancient outposts."

"Oh that, she's been talking about wanting that place for years." Dorja smiled. "But without power modules, it was not possible."

"And we told her that we could provide power modules." Carter said slowly.

"Yes, but I suggest you make her work for it." Kinai said with a broad smile on her face. "She will be your willing slave to get what she wants."

"You thought it was funny when you heard that Cisco is in his thirties." Tammy said. "Just how old is she anyway?"

"More than four times his age." Dorja laughed. "She is more than one hundred and forty of your years old."

"And even more insatiable than you my sweet." Kinai smiled at Tammy.

(-)

Interior-Bedroom

0110 Hours

"Is she asleep?" Carter asked, rolling over so she was facing Tammy.

"Yeah, she's been asleep for a few minutes." Tammy said, moving closer to her. "What's on your mind?"

"When I spoke to Evan earlier, he told me about the battle over Dorasmus." Carter told her.

"What did he say?"

"Todd was on one of those cruisers. He messaged Apollo, telling them to stop firing, that his ship was disabled."

"So they got him..."

"Evan's not sure...he sent a message to OPs that they had killed him, but as they were bringing the evacuees out..."

"No, please don't..."

"One of the jumpers spotted a Wraith escape pod." Carter whispered, laying her head against her. "It was empty...it may have launched that way."

"But there's a chance he could be alive." Tammy said, stroking her hair gently.

"And he's looking for something in those facilities." Carter said raising her head to look at her. "He's hit two of them in less than a month...and he's going to hit more."

* * * * *

Thanks for reading this installment. Chapter Six is in progress, and will be posted soon.

As usual, comments are appreciated.