All Comments on 'Counselor Nick'

by JBEdwards

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Good story! BTW, What the size of the breast in your avatar?

5

Peter_ClevelandPeter_Cleveland6 months ago

JBEdwards does comic psychotherapists and counselling psychologists well--from the droll Dr. Smithfield (last seen in "The Lamp" series) to "Dr. Jane Blaine, Sex Therapist" (who appears to be Little Annie Fanny's twin sister). Now comes Counselor Nick, of Student Health. To his credit, Nick is slightly less wacko than his patient, young Kylee, and her best friend Susie. Or maybe Kylee isn't wacko so much as the product of an alternative universe--in this case rural Montana. She also suffers from youth. Here again, JB depicts well the bizarre effects college has on a girl's cognitive abilities and endocrine system.

.

As often happens in the author's stories, mixed in with the fun is a critique of political and social conditions (here the erosion of abortion rights). But the predominant tone is fun. Yes, the horse was naked too. "Counselor Nick" is a remarkably enjoyable read.

legsfeettoeslegsfeettoes6 months ago

I guess that naked horseback riding is the Texas substitute for the old-fashioned wire coat hanger. I liked the symmetry in the tale in which a problem from bareback riding was resolved by bareback riding. Thanks. 5 stars.

Pippa76Pippa766 months ago

I always enjoy your stories but especially liked this quirky tale, love your writing style it just flows. 5 stars from me. Oh, and I loved the bare horseback riding reference.

tennesseeredtennesseered6 months ago

I had to think about this one for awhile. For a short story there is much to consider. It's funny, especially about the naked horse and rider, but is this story a send up of naive college girls or commentary on the woeful state of counseling at student health centers? Maybe both. Maybe much more than that. It must be tough being a young person in our modern, complex, mendacious world. Sex roles have been blurred—no, smeared—into oblivion. Humor is proscribed lest someone take offense. Parody, though, is everywhere. Everyone has turned into the Joker, Batman's nemesis. It's hilarious except it's so tragic. Did I get it right, JB? Full marks.

OGHMNWOGHMNW6 months ago

This story was loaded with humor and satire. Thank You! It also says something about Grad Student Work programs ! hahaha

Norway_1705Norway_17056 months ago

Very funny! Superb. If I could assign six stars...

Kylee may sound naïve, ignorant, and definitely innocent, but trust me: she is not alone like that.

Kylee reminds me of so many girls I've met in person, and also of some others I've only met in comics: Daisy Mae in "Lil Abner", Melody in "Josie and the Pussycats", a particular interpretation of Daphne from "Scooby Doo", and in some Monroe movies .

What do those descriptions have in common? That they predate the censorship of these last twenty years. yet the naïve, ignorant, and definitely innocent people have not all disappeared (along with Politically Correct).

Thank you. In a century of all "empowered" girls and "shut up now, a wise woman is talking," we needed to read Counselor Nick's clever notes.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJBEdwards@JBEdwards
Breaking News: My story That Empty Colon Feeling has been scheduled to be published. It will appear tomorrow, January 11. January 6 (yes, January 6!): For reasons known only to God and to Literotica, my new story, That Empty Colon Feeling, is taking its sweet time before publ...