Cracks in Their Shells

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Since I was in a college town with a husband busy with his studies, the idea of finishing my degree in English entered my mind. Logan was delighted with this and encouraged me to go for it. We had a significant amount in savings due to our continued ownership of the cabinet business, as well as the inheritance Logan received when Hal died. In his case, sadly, Marilyn's worries about his health were well-founded.

As I sat with the baccalaureate students some forty rows behind Logan, I thought about how far we had come in those six years. Logan had been offered an associate professorship at UVA - Wise, a small school in southwest Virginia. My goal was to become a freelance writer for the "Lifestyles" sections of papers around the southeast. I thought I might even try my hand at fiction.

Logan's row of graduates stood and filed to the steps that led to the stage. When his name was called, I stood and screamed "That's my husband!" A ripple of laughter went through the crowd, and I could see him blushing, even from that distance. A few minutes later it was my turn to blush as my name was called and Logan screamed "That's my wife!" This time the crowd roared with laughter and applause.

We met Marilyn and the rest of the family outside the arena, where we collected our chunky toddler and posed for pictures. George was amused by the tassels hanging from our mortarboards and used Logan's to pull his hat askew. Like so many moments in our life together, this one was perfect.

Logan looked at me, smiled tenderly, and with a horrible attempt at a Scottish accent said, "Tha gaol agam ort, a ghràidh."

Giggling, I replied, "I love you, too, Dr. Kringle."

*********

1...5678910