Crescent Pine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ezre shrugged "I did not. I was out five months ago dealing with keeping humans off our trails and gaining new amenities for my people, and food. Animal blood sates me just fine."

Ian rolled his eyes, Ezre was snake. Gale knew it and so did Ian, but Gale knew that the proof would be hard to provide so he gave Ian a look for him to back off. Reluctantly he did.

The four vampires returned bringing four black felt bags and bones. They placed the bones carefully on the ground putting in the right pile before going back to the wall.

"I can cleanse them for y-

"No, that's alright." Rory said looking down at the bones, she could hear the screams and cries for help.

"It's not bother, Aurora?" Ezre couldn't tell where she had gone off too, it was like she was entranced.

"Shhh." Gale hushed him.

Rory could feel the aches and pangs of the suffering, now all that was left was to burn it away into nothingness. The cool air started to become hot and humid, the wind slowed steadily through the cave as the vampires watched in astonishment, the bones caught fire. Each pile one by one went up in flames, the flames didn't spread, but stayed in small circles where the bones laid. The ashes then floated into each bag, Rory tied them herself without anyone saying anything.

"Do you know who's who?" Ezre asked.

Rory smiled "I'll manage."

"Usually Ruth would have someone send the ashes."

"I'll send them myself." Rory thought that their ashes should be placed into something more elegant like an urn. But seeing as the vampire clan weren't providing any, she'd order some online, she'd pick them up in the boxes from the post office and then place the ashes in them. The only problem that she had with all of this was that she had to have a cover story, something that would be discussed with the guardians.

"Very well, thank you for coming by. Everyone." Ezre nodded and they all bowed their heads as Rory, Gale, Ian left.

At the cabin Rory put the bags of ashes carefully into the empty linen closet. When she was outside again she could tell that both Gale and Ian had something to say.

"What?" Rory blurted.

"It's about Ezre."

"Ezre isn't a big concern right now. I know he's not exactly good, but we shouldn't worry now, right?"

Gale shook his head "Worry can be split into groups, just don't push him too far back into your mind. He may have been my student, but he's ready and willing to become the master."

Rory shrugged "He has issues, issues with you. I know. What's up with you Ian?"

"I was just talking with your grandfather about how my pack doesn't take kindly to vampires and that he might want to wait here." Ian smiled.

Rory looked between the two "Ian is there something you want to tell me?"

"You know everything about me, so no. But if Gale shows up everyone's going to be on the fence."

Rory frowned "Maybe it is better, after all this is an entire pack-

Gale wave his hand at the idea "Excuses, if someone attacks I'll merely defend myself without killing. But I am going with you and you. Sometimes I wonder, your naivete will get you both dead or manipulated. So lets hurry and keep the daylight."

Ian groaned "Fine, but you can't threaten my people."

"Whatever." Gale soon began a new path with an annoyed Ian and optimistic Rory following behind.

The wolf den was said to be an underground tunnel in the middle of cluttered trees. The pines made a huge open circle that gave the wolves enough sky, the hole in the ground had a small wooden door closed on it. There was a brown tent and fire a few feet away that was spit roasting what looked like a duck with wolves scattered around the entire area. There were white, brown, black, red, tan and a few white wolves as elders.

The campground was at least ten miles opposite of the vampire clan. And once the three new guests arrived all the wolves tensed up. There was growling as Gale approached, but settled upon seeing Ian who waved.

"Daren!" Ian called out to the tent and a guy with amber eyes and messy blonde hair came out. He wore dark shorts, sandals, and a white tee.

"Yo." Daren smiled at him, he held open his arms and Ian smiled back hugging him.

"This is my friend, Daren. Daren this is Rory and another guardian, Gale." Ian introduced.

"Oh, she's the one." Daren smirked with Ian elbowing him "Nice to meet you."

"Same." Rory shook his hand.

"So this is a vamp who's guardian." Daren whistled "He's pretty fancy."

"There's nothing wrong with being fancy, besides we're here to check upon on you pack not ohh and ahh at one another." Gale said this stiffly.

"Fine." Daren shot Gale a dirty look before running off to open the hatch for the wolves who wanted to go inside, about three forths did. One elder stayed nodding his head at Daren. "My pops wants to meet you two."

"Oh?" Gale turned to the white wolf "That's something we can agree to."

Soon they approached the white wolf as Ian began to speak "Adron, this is Rory, Ruth's granddaughter."

The wolf slowly opened its mouth "And...yours.." His clear glass eyes looked up at Gale.

"Yes, it's been a long while since I've seen you Adron. I thought you left a century ago."

"Came back...for family." The wolf heaved "Rest my bones a bit."

"I see. Aurora." Gale turned to her raising his eyebrows.

"Oh! I'm sorry, didn't want to interrupt it's nice meeting you." Rory didn't raise her hand, because she thought it would seem awkward shaking his paw so she just gave a small head bow which was returned back.

"Yeah, gramps went on his own for awhile. But I got engaged, so he came back." Daren grinned widely "Why don't you two ancients catch up?"

Adron gave a rusty laugh, but nodded. Ian, Rory, and Daren left him with Gale who recalled their past as the three youths started to chat about their lives while poking fun at their grandparents.

Night fell and the food had already been devoured, Daren acted as a mediator for the wolf pack and other creature groups. Rory and Gale were both offered rabbit and both declined politely, well as politely as Gale could. He and Adron stalked off into the den for private discussion.

"Oh, Sadie's here." Daren whispered, Daren eyed a red wolf slowly approaching the group.

"Who's Sadie?" Rory inquired cluelessly.

"Alpha female who's an evil seductress. I swear she wants to be pack breeder."

Ian just remained silent, Rory took all this in as that Sadie was easy. Once the wolf got in range she pawed at the ground while looking up at Daren with her large hazel eyes.

"Excuse me guys." Daren went into the tent again taking out a purple cloak that he then draped over the wolf.

The wolf pushed her hands into the ground roughly, shaking as her body transformed from beast to beauty. And she was a beauty, long fire red hair that reached down the center of her back, doe eyes, and a heart shaped mouth. She pulled at the cloak to cover her curves that were clearly imprinted against the cloak, she didn't even try to hide majority of her cleavage.

"Nice to meet you, Rory." Sadie looked her up and down grinning.

"Same."

"You must have awesome power if you have this one staying the night every week." Sadie hinted at the words staying the night, they were obviously tossed at Ian.

"Don't start." Ian growled "It's none of your business anyway."

Sadie started laughing "Oh god, you are such a prude. And still a virgin."

"Just, because you haven't been one in a long while doesn't mean you have to pick on him." Daren bristled "What did you want?"

"Rude." Sadie pushed Daren back lightly, but he remained cool headed "Adron must have forgotten to tell you, I'm getting married soon. And being that Rory's the new watcher, she'll have to attend." The she-wolf turned slowly to Rory, her eyes pierced Rory's who didn't seem intimidated or irritated by her.

"Sure, it'll be nice to see the traditions of the pack." Rory smiled.

"Great, and will Ian be your date?"

"Yes." Ian answered "Who's the lucky guy?"

"He's from another pack, a lone wolf. The elders have accepted him in, but that's that. I'll see you three later."

This time her eyes flashed yellow and her shift was faster, so was she. She lifted one paw and was off in a mad dash hitting bushes and low bearing limbs along the way.

"She's a bit eccentric." Daren said watching her run.

"She's toxic is what he's saying." Ian half laughed.

"But you two are immune." Rory patted their shoulders.

"And thank god for that." Daren murmured "She may have the cooties."

All three burst out in laughter as the night rounded down.

In the next six months Rory got to know each of the groups living in the forest, the witches were nice, earthy, their leader was Seraphine, a century old witch with pretty silver hair and white eyes. She offered Rory a place to stay in case it got too stuffy in the cabin. Ezre was still fake nice, moving in the shadows, sometimes Gale kept an eye on.

The lake and tree nymphs were sometimes immature, but Rory gritted her teeth and bared their teasing her and Ian by flashing them. The nymphs lived in a hidden part of the forest where a giant lake laid, lush, with a dazzling light that refracted off it. The spirits came on occasion, but every time Rory tried greeting one they'd disappear or go right through her.

Her powers were stabilizing, she could now force herself into a vision or see someone's past just by thinking of them, and she could create psychic barriers. Those lost in the vampire attacks were sent to FairLake with Rory who explained that there was an accident on the road leading to the forest.

The third guardian, Feora, was half witch and half spirit. She, Ian, Gale, and Rory talked in circles about it, so they conjured it up by making fake witnesses appear (they were really forest residents) and a fake officer who came into town and explained the situation. Rory thought that the lie was weak, but it was accepted nonetheless.

She had befriended Daren, Uriel (a witch), and even Sadie who was preparing for her wedding ceremony. Everyone was starting to warm up to the new watcher and gave thanks to her when she solved small disputes that broke out every two months. She'd use her powers if needed, but they weren't always the solution. During this time she and Ian grew stronger as a couple, they fell hard and fast as most romantics do.

The night came and Rory fixed her cherry red hair into a French braid updo, her makeup was light except for her lipstick which was a sinful burgundy. She had two sapphire studs in her ear, and a midnight blue sheath gown with long sleeves and matching heels. Ian wore a suite and tie in black and white, Gale came in black and blue tailored clothing.

They all took their time walking to the campground so that their clothes would remain clean. There were wolves and wolves in human form around the site, the tent was down and the ground was marked with flowers. Adron sat in the center waiting for the groom.

"No wedding feast?" Gale wondered.

"Only for the bride and groom, they hunt together after they're wed." Ian informed him "The feast happens before the mating ceremony and after the hunt. I'm sure they'll set up tables soon."

"Hm, things change I see." Gale briefly greeted Adron before returning to see that Daren had appeared in a grey vest, white shirt, and matching pants. His hair was still ruffled and he seemed in high spirits talking to Ian and Rory.

It wasn't long before a man with black hair and black eyes appeared in a tux and bowed his head before Adron who bowed back. Sadie walked from a path to the center of the grounds in a bold(very body) white dress that fitted her perfectly. Words were spoken and then there was a blessing where every head was bowed, the vows were exchanged, then the hunt was on.

The bride and groom shifted out of their clothes ran side by side into the piney woods. Everyone else waited outside as the tables and chairs were set up for those who weren't in wolf form, Rory even helped. Once everyone was seated, they waited for the return of Sadie and her new husband, Cori. Both returned with blood around their mouths and chins.

They met back in the circle and let out a howl together before they commenced to dig into the feast. It was delicious, fresh, clean, and exceeded Gale's expectations of dinner. When the festivities wound down everyone went inside and Rory's group began to walk home as the mating ritual was about to begin.

Along the pine needles and the cool breeze Rory felt another chill in the air, it pricked her arm. She froze in and instant with Ian and Gale doing the same. Red eyes peeked out from the shadows all around them. Ezre walked out into the light smiling triumphantly. They were surrounded.

Sadie ran off with Cori on her heels into a more private area where the red wolf licked the black wolf's face, he did the same before brushing against her. He entered her from behind by backing himself into her, rocking against her behind. He felt her body shiver in ecstasy, she was soft, and very wet from the way he easily slid inside her. Her walls tightened around him as she let out a howl that made him thrust harder.

After feeling himself too close to the edge, Cori shifted along with Sadie who was smiling. She kissed him, biting his tongue. He always loved her playfulness, her roughness, so he bent her over on all fours and penetrated her on the ground. Being inside her was like being in a silk glove, the more he moved the harder it became to contain himself. She moaned against the dirt, letting him take her harder and faster as her breasts shook from the momentum.

Cori turned her over on her back and slammed his rod into her, holding her legs back to reach further. It gave him pleasure watching her moan, how her expressions changed with each motion, and the lustful look in her eyes that pleaded with him to keep going.

"Aghh!" Sadie dug her fingernails into the ground as Cori pounded mercilessly into her tightening swatch. The fire in her loins grew when he hit against her inner sanctum, striking against the flesh roughly "Uh! Uh! Ah!"

Cori sped up feeling himself ready to burst, so he let go grunting as he released his load inside Sadie who came with him. She closed her eyes feeling the fluid leave her hot body. Cori laid beside her looking into her eyes.

"I love you."

It was simple to hear those three little words from most married couples in her pack who didn't mean it, but to Sadie who was head over heels it meant everything.

"I love you too." She ended their love making with a kiss, then they laid bare underneath the trees looking at the stars above.

Rory felt anxious looking at how many vamps were crowding around. But she held her composure well. "What is this about?"

"Power." Ezre stated "It's not enough you see, you may offer your help, befriend wolves, have Gale acting as your servant, but we are vampires. Animal blood won't always suffice. We want more."

"You want human blood, that is against the rules here." Ian interjected "Just leave before this becomes ugly."

"Oh one lonely were, a vampire, and a child psychic. I think we're more than enough to take you on."

"You're being a ridiculous child." Gale started "You're too greedy for your own good."

Ezre shrugged "No less greedy than you having an affair with Ruth who domesticated us."

Gale was taken back, he hadn't told anyone about his relationship with Ruth. He always tried his best to be discreet, but it had seemed that some already knew the truth.

"Honestly, Gale, how long did you think it would remain a secret? And that you had a lovechild with her." Ezre stretched closing his eyes "It wasn't hard to piece together. One plus one is two. There's also the fact that Ruth had a granddaughter who's mother, her own child, was rarely spoken of."

He opened his eyes again in a dark red glow "Aurora's mother, Ruth's daughter who she kept hidden in that cabin before sending her to stay in town, your daughter. Aurora, your granddaughter, is your only biological living relative."

"And what concern is it to you?!" Gale barked, his entire body shook with anger.

"You and Ruth are hypocrites, and this girl will never take the mantle of watcher, because we're ending that line tonight." Ezre smiled wildly "Nothing personal."

In a blink of an eye blurs rushed forward at Rory who projected a shield, it blocked two vampires, knocking them back onto the ground.

"Ohh, someone's putting up a fight."

"Rory, just run." Ian told her "We'll hold them off."

Rory wasn't sure with the numbers, but knew that within the yellow gleam in Ian's eyes he'd take out as many as he could even if he lost his life.

"Tsk, tsk." Ezre wagged his fingers "I'll just have to keep you all grounded."

The chill came back, ascending up Rory's spine, freezing her in place. Rory could feel her skin cool, using her powers she'd imagine a small beam of sunlight melting the frost away, but instead of just failing, the power bounced back causing Rory to cough up blood, trails dripped off her mouth as she breathed heavily looking straight at Ezre. He was somehow blocking her powers and she couldn't escape his grip.

"You'll pay for that." Ian snarled, his body shrunk, crackled, and transformed suddenly into a wolf with russet fur. He charged at Ezre who's followers protected him, they dove in front of his body allowing Ian to bite through their windpipes. Almost too fast, Rory could see Ian's anger as he ripped the limbs off of anyone who tried to harm her. Arms and legs went flying with blood streaming the air.

The wounded vamps were down for the count, some already dead from the werewolf bites. Ian turned growling with a blood stained coat and dirt covered paws seeing if anyone else was about to attack.

"Heel." Ezre's voice went down an octave, the entire tone was off as Ian started to fall to the ground whimpering and closing his eyes, he shook left and right as if trying to shake off an invisible enemy. The moment Ian closed his eyes the vampires swarmed him, kicking him against the tree hides.

"It's not real!" Rory shouted at Ian, her voice remained even though she couldn't move any other body part "Ian, listen to me!" The words reverberated throughout the air sending vibrations that hit Ian's ears painfully, but clearly.

Ian opened his eyes half way, dodging an attack. The wolf breathed heavily after being battered, Ian looked towards Rory. His eyes told her all she needed, her voice broke the illusion as easily as swatted a bug, because it too held power.

"Oh my, this won't do." Ezre was about to approach Rory when Gale walked in front of her.

"It certainly won't." Gale was faster, stronger, and had experience in fighting, so once he came at Ezre it became a race. Gale swung and Ezre would try to block, he did his best, but Gale had the upper hand which had the other vampires swarm him. The numbers had Gale occupied, vampires came at him from every angle possible.

While distracted Ezre took this opportunity to near Rory once more putting his hands out feeling her shield weaken. "Any moment now..." To him Rory had great power, but not greater than his. He was gifted with limited psychic abilities that he honed ever since he was turned. In his mind he was gripping a doll sized Aurora that was turned plastic the harder he gripped her.

Rory felt the shield fading with her consciousness, but she tried to stay upright with Ezre in view, Ian was fighting back to back with Gale who had sustained minor injuries to his forehead and neck. Rory breathed calmly, letting her mind drift. She was able to reach the place in her mind where everything was in her power despite feeling the pain in her gut growing.

She didn't know what to do, so reached out hoping to grab on to something that would lend her a hand in escaping Ezre. She was becoming weaker and weaker, for a second she was in front of the cabin then she was in the void again. This time all she felt was the cold air climbing up her spine, how would she get rid of it? Stop Ezre?