Cruising Altitude

Story Info
A friend in need.
15.5k words
4.74
38.4k
48
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Omenainen
Omenainen
438 Followers

Author's note:

This story is a spinoff for my upcoming collaboration with the amazing AwkwardMD. Our story has the working title "Grumpy Old Ladies", and it may or may not be called that. Stay tuned! It will be fantastic!

This is also my Summer Lovin' 2021 entry, so please vote. All comments are always very much appreciated.

—#—#—#—#—#—

"This stupid... fucking... thing!"

Bella threw the offending slips of fabric on the bed, herself on the other bed, and started sobbing. She didn't know if it was more from humiliation, self loathing or embarrassment over her failure to do even this simple thing right; who leaves for a tropical cruise without checking if their swimwear fits?

Lena sighed and Bella could hear her moving in the room. Not room, Bella corrected herself. Cabin. This wasn't a hotel, this was a boat, designed to take couples on honeymoons and encourage lazy loving by nights and worshipping the sun by days.

"Why did we come here?" Bella wailed and punched her pillow. "What are we doing on this boat?"

"Ship," said Lena, her tone annoyingly even. She sat beside Bella on the bed.

"Ship, boat, whatever, what even is the difference?"

Lena sighed again. "You know why. To get your mind off things."

Things being Bella's husband and his secretary, fifteen years his junior, and recently his new love interest.

"And because the stupid cruise was non-refundable! I know! But I want to get off! This isn't working! We should've let Eli and The Bitch come after all!"

"Want to go by the boutique section and see if they have a bikini for you?"

"They don't! No one manufactures swimwear to accommodate these stupid... stupid... udders!"

"Hey, you. Your boobs are fantastic, and you've fed..."

"Easy for you to say!!!"

"There is that nudist deck—"

Bella shrieked and punched the pillow again. Lena let out another sigh, deeper this time. After a moment of silence, she got up from the bed.

"I'll get us something to snack on while we contemplate our options," Lena said. "Okay? I'll be right back."

Bella mumbled something inconclusive. After the door closed behind Lena, she sat up reluctantly and looked for her underwear. She cast a hateful glance at her bikini. She hadn't worn it in a few years, and apparently it had shrunk by at least one cup size since then, if not two.

She was ashamed of her childish tantrum. Then again, Lena had heard her tirades over her voluptuous shape many times over the years. They had been friends for a long, long time, and knew each other's secrets and sore spots.

Bella put her bra back on. The term "lingerie" didn't apply to her underwear. "Lingerie" was flimsy and lightweight. Her udder holster, on the other hand, was industrial strength and practical equipment.

She had been curvy and prone to plumpness her whole life, and after having the twins she had gained an extra twenty pounds, most of which, she felt, went straight to her tits. She was now ridiculously top heavy, and even when her hips and bum held a part of that weight, she didn't feel it was enough to balance out her figure.

Of all her friends, Lena represented the body type she would've preferred to be: tall and slim, delicately curvy, the kind who looked good in every single piece of clothing she ever put on. Now in their forties, Lena's boobs sagged slightly if she went without a bra, but even then they sat higher than Bella's.

Bella stood, facing the mirror, and stretched her back, turning sideways and then back.

Maybe it was just that she was so short. It wasn't difficult for one's boobs to stretch to their navel when the distance was nonexistent.

By the time Lena came back with a fruit basket and well chilled champagne, Bella had her summer dress back on and was sitting on the minuscule balcony of their cabin. This was supposed to be her and Eli's twenty years anniversary cruise, and she had opted for more luxury than normally.

Her temper flared again when she remembered how that bitch, Brenda, had helped her with the planning. "Eli will love this!" the devious trump had declared more than once. No doubt she had planned on being the one he would love it with. Well, at least Bella had ruined that plan by holding on to the tickets, even when Eli had exposed his new relationship conveniently in time to ruin the travel plans.

—#—#—#—#—#—

Bella couldn't help herself. She burst out laughing at the wide eyed shock on the young woman's face, shattering the stunned silence hovering about their dinner table.

They were assigned to specific tables for the duration of the cruise, and her and Lena's table company consisted of Sue and David, a young couple on their honeymoon. They were stupidly in love, and probably could not imagine life twenty years in their future, certainly not one including adultery. They had talked about their dream wedding, which had taken place just prior to the cruise, and how this was to be the beginning of their wonderful life together.

Then they had asked if Bella and Lena were a couple and how long they'd been together. Bella had said no... and then recounted the whole story. Lena laughed with her, and they leaned against each other, breathless and wiping away the tears.

"That won't happen to you, don't worry," Lena consoled the young couple. They shared a look that said it hadn't even occurred to them it ever could. "Just keep on the same side of the struggle. It's so easy to get lost in the grind."

Sue nodded slowly. To Lena, she said, "You're such a good friend to accompany Bella at this difficult time."

"Yes, it's such a burden," Lena said, grinning, and made a show of pressing a palm to her chest and wiping imaginary sweat away from her forehead.

Bella laughed and punched her arm. "Yeah, right, because attending a free luxury cruise is a massive sacrifice!"

The thought stayed with her, though. A few hours later, Bella and Lena sat on the upper deck, enjoying the velvety tropical night. They were drinking cocktails and watching the other couples. Because all of them were couples. As far as Bella could tell, they were the only non-couple onboard. They had seen a fair amount of gay and lesbian couples, some very old and some much younger than them, but absolutely no groups of singles.

"I didn't know it would be quite this couple-y," Bella said, gesturing around the deck with her drink. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry? Why?"

"Well, I thought you maybe wanted to score on this cruise."

Lena turned her large, dark eyes towards her friend and considered her for a long while.

"Because two weeks is such a long time without getting laid, I can't spare to spend it cheering up my best friend?"

Bella shrugged. "Is that why you came? Because you consider me your best friend? What about Shirley or Becky?"

"Hey, Beez," Lena said. Her voice was warm and serious. "I wanted to come. Nowhere I'd rather be than here with you, watching all these fine people smooching the night away. You're my favorite grumpy old lady in the whole wide world."

Bella lowered her gaze and blinked. Maybe she'd had a few too many, but Lena's caring touched her, and the use of her old nickname hit her straight in the feels. That, and their childhood pact to always, always remain best friends, even when they were grumpy old ladies. She nodded, then nodded again.

"Besides," Lena said, "how active do you think my love life is?"

"More active than mine! For a while I thought Eli was developing erectile dysfunction. I had no idea he was just draining his balls into that young cunt."

Lena snorted and finished her drink. "So what are we doing tomorrow? Hangover day?"

"Yeah, why not? We'll just be sailing."

"Cruising."

"Whatever. I'll get the next round."

The gesture was purely habitual; the drinks were free. Or rather, Bella mused when she teetered a little getting up from her lounge chair, they were included in the price of the cruise, because this sure as hell wasn't free. Her only consolation was that it was Eli's money, and it would be that much less for him to spend on his new bimbo.

—#—#—#—#—#—

Bella groaned. She had her sunglasses on, but even the interior lights in the restaurant felt too bright. Lena set out a cup of coffee in front of her, with ample cream like she wanted it, and smiled when Bella attacked it greedily.

"I might have overdone the preparation for this hangover day," Bella said.

"I feel you. We're not getting any younger, are we?"

"Oh look, the youngsters are up."

Sue and David sat at the table, smiling shyly. They looked smug and glowing, a combination that made Bella's heart twitch. There had been a time she'd been that happy with Eli, when they had attended hotel breakfasts looking that laid. She picked up the coffee to hide her frown.

Sue leaned forward, looking flustered. "Hey, listen. I wanted to say that I'm sorry we mistook you for a couple. We didn't mean to suggest anything. We only assumed because this is such a couple's cruise."

"Oh, no offense taken," Lena said. "Besides, I am lesbian. So, you were half right. Now, will you excuse me?"

Lena headed towards the lavish breakfast buffet. Bella leaned back, certain Lena would bring something back for her, likely something she would have picked herself. The young couple ordered their coffee from a waiter and Bella ordered more for herself and Lena.

Maybe more than half right, Bella thought to herself. She looked at Lena picking up this and that on her plate and remembered back to the years before her marriage. Shirley and Becky had been a part of the scene, and they all had really embraced partying and casual sex back then. But Bella had lived together with Lena for two years, as flat mates and best friends, and that had led to them celebrating hangover days in the way she had never done with her other friends. Bella had experimented with other women, just as Lena had with men. And on some long, slow, hangover-ridden mornings, they had experimented with each other.

Bella watched as Lena returned, gracefully twisting among tables. Her long, tanned legs and her summer dress looked stunning on her slim frame.

Lena set a plate in front of Bella: fruit, bacon, and a chocolate croissant. Exactly what Bella wanted. Lena smiled, dark eyes twinkling, obviously pleased with herself. And why wouldn't she be? She knew Bella so well.

As they were finishing their breakfast, a cruise hostess approached with her bright smile and spotless uniform. She presented an assortment of options for following days' activities at different ports and helped them open the corresponding page from the ship's intranet on their phones. She said some options got fully booked, but that they did their best to accommodate everyone and arrange additional spots if the demand exceeded the supply.

Bella and Lena walked slowly across the sun decks, reading the list of activities.

"What's this icon?"

They both squinted at the small screen. Besides some activities was a small, flower-like picture. Others had that combined with other small icons.

"There has to be a list of explanations... let me see... that one is 'physically demanding'... and the flower... 'gay friendly'."

"Oh!"

They looked at each other, then around them. It hadn't occurred to them that something like that needed to be specifically pointed out, but now they considered their route of small isolated islands, some of them known for their deeply religious inhabitants, with new eyes.

"Okay then," Lena said, eyes twinkling. "Should we go for gay-friendly activities which aren't physically demanding?"

"I'm in fair shape," Bella exclaimed.

"You are, sure. But with that alcohol intake we better not risk it."

Bella laughed, then flinched at the sting it caused in her head.

"Okay! You pick the activities. I'll come along and be your arm candy."

—#—#—#—#—#—

By late afternoon, both Lena and Bella longed to go for a swim. They had taken a nap, eaten lunch, and the afternoon would have been perfect for lazily tanning beside the pool if it wasn't for the lack of bathing suit. The cabins were comfortable and air conditioned, but to stay inside felt foolish on such a perfect tropical day.

Bella looked up from her phone when Lena stood, puffed her chest in determination, and started to pack beach towels and sunscreen to a striped beach bag. Was she going to go ahead and leave her alone in the cabin? Their eyes met, but Lena didn't say anything.

When the bag was packed, Lena came to stand in front of Bella, standing between her and the sun when she sat on the balcony chair with her phone. She extended her hand and eyed Bella with a challenge in her eyes.

"What? You're blocking my sun."

"Bella Lampanella!" Lena said in the sing-song rhyme that had always irritated Bella immensely. "My friend! I hereby dare you to follow me and do as I bid!"

Bella raised her eyebrows. "You wouldn't!"

"I absolutely would!"

They regarded each other, then giggled. Bella took Lena's hand and let her pull her to her feet. Bella had been a boisterous kid, always trying to keep up with her big brothers who were three and four years older than her. She had been pulled into many crazy stunts over the years on the premise of a dare. It had started as a way for the boys to show her her place, but she had never failed to follow through, and it had transformed into a tool for gaining their—and their friends'—grudging acceptance of her. And it earned her quite a reputation in school.

Lena knew this about her. In their youth, they had added a few unspoken rules to the concept of a dare. It was a tool to be used wisely, and once someone evoked a dare, whether it was completed or not, the object of the dare had the next call. It had been years since their last dare, since it was Lena's turn, and she was such a reserved and controlled person she didn't want to give out that power to her more reckless friend. Bella had all but forgotten the fun they used to have with it.

"Where are you taking me?" Bella asked.

Lena squeezed her hand. "You want it to be a surprise?"

Bella studied her friend's face, simultaneously tempted and terrified. "Yes!"

She closed her eyes and let Lena walk her to the elevator on their deck. Inside, its movement felt stronger without her vision. She wondered about the bag. Where could they be heading? The spa? But didn't masseurs have their own towels?

Lena walked her along a corridor, noting where there was a step or she needed to mind the rail. Eventually they emerged outside. Bella felt the sun on her skin and the gentle, tropical breeze in her hair.

Lena was doing something; Bella could hear shuffling and cloth-like sounds and bit her lip nervously. This couldn't be the nudist deck could it? She wouldn't do that to her!

Finally, after several lifetimes, Lena came to stand in front of her, touching her arm to let her know where she was. "Ready?"

Bella nodded. Lena touched her cheeks, and she jerked at the unexpected touch. Then she realized Lena was slipping sunglasses on her, guiding them behind her ears.

"Andddd... open your eyes!" Lena said.

Bella looked around. It was the nudist deck. Lena had reserved two sun loungers, spreading their beach towels on them. She smiled and gestured to the one that was on the more secluded spot, almost hidden behind a huge potted plant. Bella's mouth formed an o and her eyes turned to follow two older gay guys passing by. Dear god, she'd never seen testicles swing so low! Or be so hairy!

She tore her gaze away and looked at Lena, who had an exaggerated innocent look on her face. She had Bella pinned, and she knew it. She couldn't back away from a dare. She never had. Not even the ones that had terrified her. And this wasn't terrifying, this was merely embarrassing.

"You want me to get naked in front of all these people?"

Lena nodded. "Just lie down. I'll spread sunscreen on your back."

Bella looked around. The nudist area was fenced off the rest of the ship's deck by a woven reed wall. It had a small bar, a small swimming pool the shape of a kidney, and a few lounge chairs scattered around. Besides the gay couple, who were chatting with the bartender, there was perhaps ten other people present. Nobody seemed interested in her or Lena. One couple was making out in the pool, but others were sunbathing, reading, discussing or just sipping drinks.

"Nobody knows you here," Lena said. "And even if they did, so what?"

Bella harrumphed. She had lost and she knew it. Briskly, she undressed, tossing her sundress, her industrial strength bra and panties in a pile next to their bag. Then she stood before her friend, flushed and defiant, staring into her big, dark eyes. She didn't dare to look around to see if any of the others were looking at her. She felt the sun on her skin, all of her skin, and the breeze felt exquisite. She took a breath, trying to calm herself, and felt the sweat already forming under her saggy boobs.

Lena gestured towards the sun lounger, suntan lotion in one hand. "Lay on your tummy."

Bella stretched out carefully, positioning her breasts so they wouldn't press uncomfortably. She felt them spreading out from under her sides and blushed. The sunglasses, which were Lena's and the larger-than-life cat lady type Bella herself never would've dared to buy, pressed uncomfortably. She took them off and closed her eyes instead, her cheek pressing against the soft towel under her. The sun felt so incredibly warm on her back. She tensed, in anticipation of cool sunscreen getting squirted on her sunbaked skin, but that never came. Lena warmed the lotion on her hands first, and when she touched Bella, she was deliberate and gentle.

Lena spread the lotion slowly and evenly, taking time to massage her friend's shoulders while doing it. She went through each arm in turn, covering them all over while Bella stretched them obediently. Her back was next, and Lena even did the boobs spilling from beneath her. When Lena approached her wide ass, Bella started to say something but Lena shushed her and continued with the same slow, deliberate pace, massaging her ass cheeks firmly. Bella relaxed into her touch and listened to the shivers it ignited inside her.

It had been a long time since she'd been touched so slowly and patiently. Hers and Eli's sex life had dwindled in recent years, and after the twins it had never really recovered. The birth was difficult, and despite doctors telling her everything seemed fine, she knew she had suffered damage of some kind. Everything still basically worked—she didn't pee herself, and she could still orgasm—but her pussy just wasn't the same. She didn't care if it seemed fine. She knew it wasn't the same.

Bella stirred from her pondering when Lena finished with her feet and moved away.

"Thanks honey, that was amazing," she murmured into the towel. "Want me to do you now?"

"You just relax," Lena said. "I'll lie on my back first. I can do the front myself."

Bella wondered idly if that was to keep her calm and relaxed, now that she didn't have to remember she was naked or compare her body to Lena's. She wasn't sure Lena knew how much Bella admired and envied her body, though. They had had those conversations back when they were young, and Lena had said she envied Bella's curves and feminine appearance, but that was long ago and Lena had definitely aged better than she had.

After an indeterminable time, Lena moved beside her. "Okay, time to turn over," she said.

Bella stretched. "Yeah, have to bake evenly on both sides."

She yawned and turned clumsily on her side. "God, I almost fell asleep."

"Want me to do your front? Or will you do it yourself?"

Omenainen
Omenainen
438 Followers