D-Cup Blues

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dave was all set to thank her when he noticed she was looking just as sternly as him. "And you, David! You should know better!"

"But he attacked me, Ms. Kendall!"

"It takes two to fight," she said. "That's one strike for you, too. Really, you ought to learn to stop antagonizing people like that."

"But Ms. Kendall --"

"David, go home!" She turned on her heel and marched off, leaving David alone at last to cry a bit if he wanted. He managed not to, as he washed his hands and did his best to rinse off the sense of filth with little success -- he'd need a very hot shower when he got home.

He also couldn't guess how Ms. Kendall had known what was going on in the boys' room. His best guess was Maureen had somehow heard what was up and alerted her, but how could she have known either?

The next day, with bruises on his chest and back but no visible harm with his clothes on, Dave joined Tom and the girls for a last rally before first period. Caryn was delighted to see he'd once again worn his glasses, and he didn't begrudge her wearing her favorite sweatshirt which neither hid nor accentuated her breasts. There was little time for either of them to discuss all that, in any event, as they joined in the chant of "Don't forget to vote for Tom!" until the bell rang.

Votes were cast during the lunch periods, and Dave and the girls did their best to talk about anything but the election once they'd voted. Dave wondered if Maureen had told the others about the attack, but the only mention of Rick was Valerie muttering, "God, I hope he loses" when he strutted by their table, exhorting everyone to vote for him one last time.

"It'd be all too fitting if he won," Dave grumbled.

"What?!" everyone else looked at him in surprise.

"I didn't say I wanted him to win!" Dave protested. "Just -- Principal Kendall, I know she hates him, but the way she runs things, it'd be just perfect if she had to work with him."

"No kidding," Audrey agreed, and most of the others nodded. Caryn, so far as Dave could tell, knew nothing. He opted to leave it that way.

The results from the final lunch period were still being counted when Dave and Maureen got to newspaper class at the end of the day, but the other students got busy tallying and certifying the results from the first two lunches. Dave, to preserve the editor in chief's impartiality, wasn't even allowed to look at the ballots. He sat on his own at the far end of the room, reading a novel, and keeping his ears perked up for clues.

"Close race," Chris said as they finalized the votes from fourth period.

"I still think one of them'll catch Kelly," said Lucy Lincoln as she went to write the numbers on the whiteboard. "Hope so, anyway, I hate the cheerleaders."

"But the football team are all right?" Meredith asked.

"That's enough!" said Mrs. Cutchins. "Just write the numbers on the board, Lucy."

Dave made no effort to hide his interest as Lucy wrote the numbers down, or his pleasure at what she wrote. Doug 132, Rick 150, Kelly 186, Tom 153.

"You don't think Tom is actually going to make the runoff, do you?" Chris asked Maureen, as if she had any inside information.

"I do now," Maureen declared, making no effort to hide her smile as she flashed Dave a thumbs-up.

Dave did his best to focus on his book while the others got to work on the fifth period votes, but he found himself reading the same paragraph again and again until Lucy got up to add the new totals. The news wasn't nearly as good this time: Doug 163, Rick 133, Kelly 165, Tom 138. Dave had done the math in his head before Lucy did it on the board: Doug was leading Tom for second place 295-291. At least Rick was in last place -- but at 283, he was only twelve votes out of second place.

"I don't see how anyone catches Kelly now," said Chris, the only thing everyone seemed sure to agree on.

A few awkward minutes later, a runner arrived with the sixth period votes. "You'll never believe this," she told them. "But we counted the votes twice and we were only off by two votes the first time!"

That sounded promising! Dave set his book down, knowing there was no point in even pretending to focus on anything else, and watched his classmates verify the sixth period results.

"I think he's got it," Maureen murmured as if in a dream as Lucy got up again.

Maureen wrote out the sixth period totals. Doug 157, Rick 129 -- at this Dave sighed with relief, his nemesis was out of the running -- Kelly 155...and Tom 179.

"Kelly and Tom?" Dave broke his silence.

"Looks like, by about twenty votes," Lucy said as she added up the final numbers. She was close: Tom had edged Doug out for second place by eighteen votes, 470 to 452. Kelly finished far ahead of them both at 506 votes, while Rick brought up the rear with only 412.

Grinning with relief, Dave did some quick arithmetic of his own. Together, Doug and Rick had 864 votes, not quite enough to win without a runoff but far more than Kelly or Tom had managed. So not only had Rick lost, but everyone would know it was because he and Doug were spoilers for one another.

"Count all the votes again," Mrs. Cutchins ordered. "When it's that close, we don't want any mistakes!" But Dave could tell she was pleased at the results as well. None of the teachers were any too fond of Doug or Rick.

When the votes had been finalized and reported to Principal Kendall and she had announced them on the intercom, Dave told Maureen, "Win or lose, Tom invited us all out for shakes at Sally's. Want to come?"

Maureen's eyes lit up at the suggestion, but just as quickly she shut down. "I can't," she said. "Thanks."

"You sure?" Dave asked. "It won't be the whole gang without you."

"I can't," she repeated. "Sorry. But listen..." She turned back to her desk and opened a notebook, and scribbled a note down. "Do me a favor and give this to Caryn, okay?"

"I sure hope she doesn't feel unwelcome," Dave said as he and Caryn strolled hand in hand down the sidewalk to Sally's half an hour later.

"Me too," Caryn said. "But I don't see what more we can do."

She was saved from having to explain herself any further when they got to Sally's door and stepped inside. A round of cheers and applause greeted them from the far corner, where Tom sat proudly on a bar stool next to a booth full of admirers, including Valerie and Audrey.

"Congratulations, Tom!" Caryn said, hugging him while Dave patted him on the back.

"You did it!" Dave said.

"We did it," Tom said, "And there's still the runoff. But either way, the misfits beat the jocks for once, huh?"

"Amen to that," Dave said. "No one could believe the numbers as they came in...'hey, this is close, wait a minute, Tom's hanging in there, hey, he made it!'"

"I owe you both," Tom said. "But...you did invite Maureen, didn't you?"

"She couldn't make it," Dave said.

"I think she had a dentist's appointment or something," Caryn said, though even she could hear it was a lie.

"That's a shame," Tom said. "It's really because of her we're here."

"She said to say she's sorry she couldn't come," Dave said, reasoning that was pretty close to the truth.

He then turned his attention to the counter to order malts for himself and Caryn. While he was waiting for them, his eye wandered to the other parties in the shop, which as usual at this time of day were all kids from their school. One of them, sitting with a couple of other guys in the booth by the window, was Scott. Dave made eye contact with him just long enough for them both to know they'd spotted one another. Then he darted his eyes back to the girl making his shakes and was careful not to turn his attention anywhere near the window again, so he couldn't see that Scott was still looking at him.

Once he'd paid for the shakes, he handed Caryn hers and went over to the jukebox to see if there was even one song on it that he didn't dislike. Caryn followed him. "No Rascals on here, huh?" she quipped.

Dave laughed. "Not even close. You'd think they'd have a few oldies anyway. I hope they play some at the dance."

Now it was Caryn's turn to laugh. "Have you ever been to one of these dances, Dave?"

"Point taken," he said. "But hey, at least I've got a hot date. I mean, you should see her!"

"Mmm, lucky gal," Caryn said.

Each of them with one hand free, they embraced and kissed, to the delight of their friends (and, Dave could only hope, to Scott's consternation). For a wonderful moment, Dave felt like he was in the ending of one of the old movies he so loved -- until Caryn pressed too hard on one of his bruises. "Ooh!" he pulled back involuntarily.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Caryn looked horrified.

"Sorry! Yeah, yes I am," Dave said. "I...slipped on some ice on the way home from school yesterday."

"Slipped on the ice, Dave?" Caryn gave him a probing look. "Rick did it, didn't he?"

"Forget about Rick," Dave said. "Don't let the bullies win."

"Lately it seems like they always do, sooner or later," Caryn said.

"But not today!" Dave nodded at Tom. "And Rick came in last, you know."

"Good."

"Oh, I almost forgot," Dave said. "Or actually, I did forget." He took Maureen's note out of his coat pocket. "Maureen said to give this to you."

Caryn took the note and unfolded it. "'It was Scott who bailed Dave out,'" she read. "Bailed you out of what?"

Dave cringed. "Okay, I didn't slip on the ice. Finish your shake and I'll tell you everything."

In that long moment as he finished off and waited for Caryn to do the same, Dave tried to convince himself to go over to Scott and say thanks. But he just couldn't do it.

Dave and Caryn both managed to stay off Rick's radar for the rest of the week, although rumors circulated that Doug hadn't fared so well. The runoff election came and went on Thursday, and no one was very surprised when Kelly won with over 60%. "She did tell me she's going to give my anti-bullying proposals a try," Tom said at lunch on Friday. "So it was worth it."

"Let's see if she actually does it, though," Valerie said.

"Let's see if she actually does anything," Audrey corrected. "She just wanted this on her college applications."

"I don't mind, really," Tom said. "We kept Rick out of there, that's all that really matters.

"Good attitude," Dave said. "And I agree."

"You haven't seen him around, have you?" Caryn asked. "I've been a little worried he'd want to get back at us, especially since I'm still going to the dance with Dave."

"Maybe he's decided to steal Doug's date instead?" Valerie wondered.

"Jen Brisson?" Audrey asked. "No way, she's practically engaged to Doug."

"And she's probably furious at Rick for splitting the jock vote," Dave said.

"Maybe he's just not going to the dance now," Audrey said. "I sure wouldn't show my face if I came in last."

"You're not Rick," Caryn said. She held Dave's hand under the table and whispered, "Just be careful, okay?"

"You too," Dave said.

Caryn nodded her acknowledgment. She had no doubt Rick was through with his I-don't-hit-girls nonsense.

That uncertainty still hung heavy in the air the next day, as Caryn got ready for the dance. So did a wistfulness for the usual just-friends klatch she and Dave had always joined in with before. But she was determined not to let bullies spoil her evening, especially not now that she no longer felt any embarrassment at her appearance in her new dress. It flattered her bustline far better than she had realized before, and as she assessed herself in the mirror, she just knew she was going to knock Dave's socks off. And with any luck, the rest of his clothes as well.

She steeled herself for the inevitable inappropriate response from Gordon when she stepped out to the living room, but his wolf-whistle grated on her nerves all the same. Caryn smiled through her irritation and ignored him as she blossomed forth, and basked in her mother's admiration. "Oh, Caryn, we certainly got the right dress," she said, clutching her hands in lieu of a hug so as not to wrinkle anything.

"Thanks," Caryn said. "I'm pretty happy with it too."

"Well, that's a vote of confidence!" Gordon said from the couch, where he was well into a second can of beer.

"Never mind him, dear," Mom said. "Listen, have you and Dave got enough money for gas, and for a snack after the dance?"

"I have last week's allowance in my purse," Caryn confirmed.

Mom turned and got her purse from the stand by the door. "Here's another dollar just in case," she said, instead handing Caryn a $10 bill with a look that made it clear she wasn't to say anything.

"Thanks, Mom," she said.

"Don't forget the curfew, Claire!" Gordon called from the couch. "And don't assume Dave'll respect it!"

"You know the rules, Caryn," Mom said, loudly enough for Gordon to hear. Then she leaned in and whispered in Caryn's ear, "But Gordon and I are going out to the lake tonight. We'll be back tomorrow afternoon. Don't ask, don't tell, understood?"

Caryn flushed and laughed, and nodded without another word.

The wait with Gordon on the couch was awkward, but blissfully short. Dave looked spiffy in a blue suit that Caryn suspected was his father's, and he'd brought a single red rose which Mom set aside to put in water for her. A round of photographs and a stern warning from Gordon to "keep your hands to yourself, Dave" -- which everyone else ignored -- later, they were off in Dave's father's car. "Thank God that's over!" Caryn exclaimed.

"Have you got a curfew?" Dave asked.

"Believe it or not, no," Caryn said. "Mom and Gordon are going out to his lake house for tonight." She patted his leg playfully, and then worried momentarily that he might drive off the road.

He didn't, but his eyes grew wide. "You mean..."

"If you want to, Dave," Caryn said. "No pressure."

"None from me either," he said. "But of course I want to."

Caryn laughed. "Whew! That was easy."

"Yeah, it only took us five years, huh?" Dave joined in on the laughter.

"Wait," Caryn said. "What about your dad?"

"He bought me some condoms without me asking, if you can believe that."

"I can!" Caryn opted not to announce that she'd just gone on the Pill or whose idea that was. "When did parents get that cooperative?"

"When we started dating someone they liked?" Dave mused. "Anyway, Dad said call him if we need any help, but he won't wait up and he trusts me."

The dance was dark and loud and nothing like the stuff of Dave's romantic dreams, and Caryn felt a little like an impostor just as she always felt in a dress. But they were welcomed and complimented on their appearance and asked to pose for plenty of photographs, and the occasional slow song was a thrill for them both. "I used to imagine dances were always like this," Dave said as they held one another and swayed under the basketball rim.

"You romantic, you," Caryn said. "Why didn't I see this years ago?"

"Too busy being friends?" Dave offered.

"I guess." She tightened her embrace, then let go quickly when she remembered what had happened at Sally's. "Does that hurt?"

"I'm healing," he said. "It's fine." And they kissed through the rest of the song.

As the evening wore on and every song began sounding the same, the allure of home was looking more attractive all the time. Nevertheless, they stayed until the final song of the night -- another slow dance, of course. "God, I'm ready to go home," Caryn said as it began. "You?"

"I've been ready for ages," Dave said. "I just didn't want to pressure you."

"Pressure me?!" Caryn asked. "I'm the one who invited you, aren't I?"

"I guess I just didn't want to look pushy," Dave said. "Of course, we don't have to finish this dance."

"Good thinking," Caryn said. "The parking lot's always a nightmare if we stay to the end. Let's get lost." She took him by the hand and they headed for the door.

It was a crisp, cold but beautiful night outside and they had a few precious minutes before everyone else came out. Dave stopped at the top of the steps and put his arms around Caryn. "Thank you," he said.

"For what?"

"For asking me to the dance. For being my friend all this time. For letting me join you at lunch at Northside. Must be you that builds me confidently..."

"Oh, stop!" Caryn giggled. But she returned his embrace, and they shared a kiss.

They both had their eyes closed to savor the moment, so neither one saw what caused the noise that shattered the magic. It was an icy snowball smacking against the door just behind them. Both their eyes flew open and they turned to see Rick staggering in the driveway at the bottom of the steps. "I warned you, Dave," he said, and he hurled another iceball at them. Dave ducked and it smashed into the window in the door.

It sounded to Caryn like the glass might have cracked, but she didn't dare look. "Rick!" she snapped. "Don't do this! The dance is over anyway!"

"Over for good for you!" Rick thundered. He started up the steps at them, but Dave pulled Caryn aside onto the handicapped ramp. They both realized a moment too late that they could be cornered if Rick had any friends with him. But evidently he didn't, and when he stumbled on the steps and struggled to regain his balance, they realized he was probably drunk.

Thanking her lucky stars she was too tall to even think of wearing heels, Caryn rushed down the ramp with Dave just behind her. Rick had his bearings together well enough to rush after them, but the landing came up on him too fast for him to whip around and continue the chase and he toppled over the side. "Fuuuuuuck," he groaned from the bushes he'd landed in.

At the bottom of the ramp, Dave turned to see a car running with its driver's side door thrown open. Someone jumped out of the passenger side, and Dave recognized one of Rick's helpers from the bathroom the other day. Caryn stepped out in front of Dave. "You leave him alone!" she warned.

"You're gonna let a girl fight for you, you pussy?" the boy said, but he did back off rather than fight with Caryn.

"What's it to you if he is?" Caryn demanded.

By then Rick was back on his feet, looking the worse for wear but still out for blood. "He's mine, Nicky!" he growled. Caryn and Dave both looked back at Rick, which gave Nicky a chance to run around behind Caryn and make a lunge at Dave.

Dave saw him just in time to step out of the way, but Nick had no trouble catching his balance and making another lunge. With Caryn still trying to hold Rick off, Dave had no choice but to fight. When Nicky threw a punch, he ducked out of the way and grabbed Nicky's arm to pull him off balance. He also managed to get in a punch of his own on Nicky's temple, which sent him sprawling on the ground. Dave kicked him hard in the chest, and he threw up his hands in surrender.

"Is that Dave McCarter?"

Dave looked up to see the dance was over and their fight had an audience.

"Beating up on a tenth grader, Dave?" sang out some troublemaker in the crowd.

"He attacked him first!" someone else replied.

With that settled, Dave turned to see a circle of onlookers had formed around Rick, who was still hurling invective at Caryn. "You're my girl, you bitch!" he howled, sinking to his knees and then stumbling back to his feet and lunging for her. Caryn easily stepped out of the way, and three guys she didn't know pinned Rick down on the cold asphalt.

A police siren cut into the din moments later, and the kids got out of the way to let the two officers through. "What's the story?" one of them asked.

"He's drunk and he attacked my boyfriend!" Caryn said. A ripple of agreement ran through the crowd, with numerous kids piping up to tell what he'd done to them over the years.

"Ah yes, our friend Rick," the other cop said. "We'll take it from here, kids."

1...456789