All Comments on 'D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. Ch. 12'

by HOG57head

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
Rosc0tuskerRosc0tusker11 months ago

I had high hopes for this story. I thought we might get a deep dive into the the wives story and motivations, but unfortunately she’s just another LW cypher. Oh well.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wow what a colossal waste of time!!

skruff101skruff10111 months ago

Perfect example of how to write a multi page multi chapter story containing thousands of words and yet say absolutely nothing.

Let’s face it, if this was made into a movie and you paid good money to see it you’d be pissed off big time.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Total bullshit

LT_BookwormLT_Bookworm11 months ago

@Rosc0tusker- Why is there a need for the back stories of the wives? This is not a full-fledged novel or a scripted TV series. This is a BTB story. This story has always been from the perspective of the MC, which means the history of the other characters that wasn't a part of his story is moot. He didn't care about the day-to-day goings on of the wives. He just wanted to warn them of their world being burned to the ground. Even in real life no one really knows the full backstory of another person unless they've been attached at the hip since birth (and not even then sometimes).

Considering the scope of how far and wide the cheating wife's actions went, the more far-fetched thing is that the MC was able to find so much information and get full resolution in such a short period of time. Usually, when the amounts of money he was talking about is involved, more than 3 years is needed to get it all figured out.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider195511 months ago

If it wasn’t for the repetition of actions and responses, this could have been played out in 6 or 7 chapters. ‘She did this, he did this, I did this’ repeated almost verbatim for each of the cheaters was too much to take. I was quite interested up until chapter 5. It went downhill from there. It was a struggle to keep reading. HOG57head is a good writer. Please, if your stories in the future have things that repeat, tell each one in a different way. Just because multiple events happen in a similar way, you are the author…make each event interestingly different.

shadrachtshadracht11 months ago

This was a great idea, written by a good writer, who desperately needed an editor and some fact checking.

As previously mentioned, repeated items could be summarized. You could go through the discovery details for the most interesting person, along with arbitration, etc, and then just summarize the rest of them. Unfortunately, some of the details that you decided to include felt really incorrect. You would've been far better off to just say something like "Between savings, houses (including lake houses), and 401k, we found around $X in assets." Unless you're sure that you can nail the details, just gloss over them. A 50 story skyscraper takes around 5 years (60 months) to build, not a 5 story building.

shadrachtshadracht11 months ago

Oh - Kudos on actually finishing, though! Thank you for sticking with it. Too many stories just die an abandoned death.

OOAAOOAA11 months ago

Fantastic story!!! BRILLIANT!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Like watching water drip from a faucet while tied to a chair.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thank goodness this one is over. Looking forward to something better next time.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Quit reading after the first two drivel filled chapters upon discovering tha chapter twelve would be the end. Picked up at chapter twelve and discovered that the verbal slop never ended. Skipping this author.

MisteredoneMisteredone11 months ago

Enjoyed the story, but I’m still not able to figure out what dillagaf stands for. I’m sure he last three words are - give a fuck, but other than that I’m cornfused

muskyboymuskyboy11 months ago

Started out well but just got diluted out. This last chapter was nothing but an after court legal brief, very boring. this should have been a 5 or 6 chapter story at most. Good story dragged out way too long...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Why didn’t you post any of the invoice or purchase order numbers? Don’t you think your readers would want to know the addresses of each and every supplier? How many temporary office trailers were needed on site?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thankyou. A well-earned five stars.

katibkatib11 months ago

Not very interersting; boring, in fact, except, I suppose, for an accountant.

shadrachtshadracht11 months ago

@Misteredone

Do I Look Like I Give A Fuck - DILLIGAF.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thank fuck that's over with.

26thNC26thNC11 months ago

Last three chapters were a waste of time. Up until then there was at least the possibility that it would get better. I have to admit that I did read the entire thing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I still don't understand how he came to love and marry such a grotesque soulless human being. You would think that being completely devoid of morals, ethics, values, and self respect might have some slight discernible influence on her behavior, her priorities, her social and family relationships. And any man courting her might notice some flaws and voids in her virtue that would recommend against getting married. Well, at least it all turned into a profitable investment.

Rayjag1980Rayjag198011 months ago

Too long and majored on many minors.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

somewhere in the middle, the story veered off course and crashed into the shoals

towgtowg11 months ago

Perhaps the author is better suited to golf. Such a waste of time.

Rosc0tuskerRosc0tusker11 months ago

@LT_Bookworm

Sorry my bad I meant HIS wife not ALL of the wives - singular possessive. As for the rest...

It might not have been a fully fledged novel, whatever that is, but it was a 14 part story with shit ton of run-on and minutia, so neither time nor length seem to be a barrier for this writer. There was no indication that this was a BTB story in the description or the tags and even if it were, finding out the motivations or emotional makeup of the antagonist would still be of great benefit to the story, in my opinion. As far as I'm concerned, even the standard fare of post divorce confessional meeting, or heartfelt letter of explanation and apology would have been better than that worst of tropes, the Martian Slut Ray. But if all your looking for is a one dimensional slut/bitch/whore to be vilified and of course "burned"... well your not the first come to the Literotica Loving Wives parlour of misogyny to have that particular kink stroked.

By the way, I find it really difficult, no scrub that, impossible to understand how you conflate "reality" (your prejudices and guesstimates, which you feel comfortable pronouncing with unearned authority) and a work of fiction made up by the author and subject to their whim. You do not preface your statements about the protagonist with, "I think that" or "maybe the writers intention was". You make pronouncements as if your perceptions are fact and your interpretation is truth. In all honesty this kind of reader ownership and self attribution toward stories on LIT is not new and your example is not even close to being the worst, but it fucking bugs me man.

KiwihunterKiwihunter11 months ago

You are aware that "nonfraternisaton clauses" are unenforceable unless in very specific cases don't you? I really laugh at the number of times this comes up in these stories and company solicitors will stop any employer trying to include such clauses in company policy. The whole story is based on a non existent policy.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAA4 months ago

North Carolina has laws that allow non frat and alienation of affection legal actions..... Also ,almost all Corps.have enforceable rules that make sexual affairs on company property or time actionable (fire the participants) offenses. Also they are actionable if the management and others have common knowledge. Look up the state laws and do not believe the blanket statement like the below comments.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHOG57head@HOG57head
Please rate and leave feedback. I can only improve if i understand what i am doing wrong.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES